Start by marking “Ancient Ways: The Roots of Religion” as Want to Read:
Ancient Ways: The Roots of Religion

Ancient Ways: The Roots of Religion

it was amazing 5.0  ·  Rating details ·  5 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
n order to enjoy this book you may have to suspend current beliefs, since some of the concepts may seem quite foreign at first. What if monotheism always existed, and revelations were given to all human forms. There are hints to that effect. We should not assume primitive peoples weren't smart enough to grasp the concept of a single Creator!

Too often we tweak religion to r
Kindle Edition
Published April 29th 2016 by Diane Olsen

To ask other readers questions about Ancient Ways, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ancient Ways

Vicki
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ancient ways, The Roots of religion is one amazingly concise and intuitive book. The subject covers from the very earliest bipedal man through biblical times and into the middle ages.
Communicating with gods that seem to have so much in common and so many similar histories assist in the belief that we share a creator and creation story.

I found myself lost in this book, the history and the evolution of man was very well stated and provides documentation for the statements. It delves into zombies,
Christy
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
By reading this book, I learned of author Olsen's research on the evolution of religion, from back in the days of Primitive humans onward. While my religious beliefs are not in line with some of the book, I was intrigued by the author's take that monotheism has linked a range of religions over time.

The book includes quotes from several religious texts, as well as photos and references for additional reading. It is a massive text that I appreciated for its attention to not just one religion but
Catherine Townsend-Lyon
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazing Writing and Book of Man & Religion!

Kudo's to Author, Diane Olsen for writing such an amazing in-depth look into our "Roots to Religion" and how you thought mankind was created. We all are connected as one in some form or another as she takes readers on a journey of rich theology, religious history, also of ancient times, nature, animals and more in her book. No surprise when you begin reading, you will know right away she had studied in Anthropology: Archaeology/Paleontology.

Now I w
Kevin Coughlin
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
To be honest, the only way I could allow myself to read this is a work of fiction because of my religion.

The book was very informative, interesting, and a great read. Any time you deal with Religions you will have conflict. Diane Olsen has a wonderful education and mind; she is an excellent writer. Her knowledge on the subject matter was amazing! All I can say is Wow!

This is not a lady I would want to challenge to a game of religion and trivia! LOL. Great job Diane.
Diane Olsen
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Prairiewillow
Bev
Nov 16, 2016
Akshansh Upadhyay
Dec 05, 2016
Diane Olsen, prolific writer and New Bronze Medal book award-winner and author of her debut book release titled; "Ancient Ways:The Roots of Religion."

Her book won an award from Illumination Book awards, it is a thought-provoking journey and an informative look at the development and evolution of religion throughout time and a well-considered concept - the idea of a connective thread of monotheist