Start by marking “Stealer (Stealer, #1)” as Want to Read:
Stealer (Stealer, #1)

Stealer

(Stealer #1)

A Thief. A Portal. A New World.
But can she get back home again?

Home alone over spring break, Dee looks forward to a week free from worries about her sliding grades, her lack of friends, and her mom’s overbearing boyfriend. But when she chases a thief out of her house, she ends up with a whole new set of troubles . . . in a whole new world. The Crescent. Where everyday
Published July 8th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Stealer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stealer

Start your review of Stealer (Stealer, #1)
Ezgi Tülü
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book for an honest review and this does not influence my opinions.

So... it's over? But why?

Most of the time, fast-paced books annoy the hell out of me because they don't make sense (to me, at least). A lot of things happen at the same time, and I get confused with many 'why's and 'how's and 'who's. Fortunately, this book did not do that. Even though it had a lot of action-packed scenes, I was able to follow the events and the characters, and did not get lost in an
Beth
Stealer was a highly original story with amazing world building.

Dee is an unusual girl who doesn’t quite fit in. She is drawn to every day broken objects which she collects. This immediately brought to mind the collector in Labyrinth . We discover the reason that Dee’s need to collect these items when they are stolen and she is pulled into another world by a talking worm. It seems these items are magical and Dee is drawn to them by her genetics.

There is a very powerful creature in this new
Karina
May 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
ARC REVIEW: Stealer by A.M. Yates

description

*Thanks to Ms. A.M. Yates for providing me a copy in exchange of an honest book review. The book received didn’t affect my review.*

4/5 brightly shining stars

Stealer is my first ever read from A.M. Yates. She writes mostly Urban Fantasy and because of Stealer, this is probably won't be the last!

“Maybe I’ll see you in the next world, Star. When Time starts again.”

“NO” and “WOW” are the two exact words I usually utter during and after reading this book.

Taylor
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Reviewed at my blog: Babbling Books
“Don’t feed the wolves. Never feed the wolves.”
I always love when I find a new book that surprises me in a way I never expected it to. I’ll be completely honest when I say that a lot of the time I chose books based solely off of their covers so Stealer snagged my eye pretty quickly, I mean look at that beautiful cover work. But this was absolutely a case where the beauty was not just on the outside.

The worldbuilding in this book was wonderful. I was
Cassie James
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to the publisher for giving me an arc for a honest review.
The main thing I love about this books is the pace, It is fast and highly engrossing. The action is entrancing, I found myself unable to put it down. Dee is the sort of heroine I love to read about, Strong willed and snarky despite the fact that she appeared weak at first. Crescent might be a little bit confusing at first but you will get into it eventually. The combination of the plexus is quite frankly a disaster but what makes
Anddraea Wildes
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A.M. Yates is a wonderful author. I've had the privilege to get acquainted with her personally, and through our back-and-forth emails, I've gotten to read most of her published works to date. (Both digital and hard copies.)

Stealer is the first of yet another trilogy (how she can write them so fast and still maintain quality is a mystery) and diverges, in slight but significant ways, from the Summoners trilogy and the Horizon cycle. Stealer begins as most thrown-into-another-world novels begin:
Sophie
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I haven't been reviewing books for very long, nor am I a professional at writing. I just write my honest opinion on books.
I am very happy to say that A.M. Yates is one of the most talented authors I've had the privilege to come across.
I have now read (and reviewed) four of her books, three being a trilogy. Not one of them did I find boring. She knows how to make a reader wanting more and keep a plot strong and intriguing.

Reading Stealer these last 3 days has been like watching one long movie
Hollie
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I just finished reading Stealer and I wanted to review it right away. I received a copy of Stealer in exchange for a honest review so I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading it, but within two pages I was completely hooked.

One of my favorite things about Stealer was the pace of the novel. The prologue really sets the tone by jumping straight in, and depending on the author this can either be a good thing or a bad thing. Yates is definitely one of the better authors at doing this,
Kaylin Beach
Jun 28, 2016 rated it liked it
This is the first book I have read by A.M. Yates and I loved it! The whole concept of world shifting and having powers was really neat! Stealer is full of hunters, stealers, anchors, sheers, KETS, and magical energy!

Stealer is about a young girl named Dee. She lives with her mother and has no memory of her father at all. Although, her grandpa did tell her that he was an odd man. Dee is not your normal teenager. Dee collects broken things, because they glow. She keeps the things she collects in a
Jenny
Jun 10, 2016 rated it liked it
This book is packed with action, mystery and adventure. It is fast paced and has its unique never been read before kind of World-building. The story starts with a mystery and questions and would left you craving for more details. And the answers are all thrown in completely but not too overwhelming that would make you confused and lost.

All I could say is that every chapter is definitely a page turner, I can't hardly put it down. The only thing that makes me confused until the very end of the
Areli Joy
Jul 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Stealer is a story about Dee who was always being bullied by her classmates/schoolmates. Dee is somehow like Lucas from Pretty Little Liars. She's not doing anything wrong. She's not the bad guy in her school but her schoolmates still get feces on her hair. They always make Dee's life worse. I really pity Dee because she's had so many things going in on her life then there are still those nonsense bullies and they don't know anything about Dee.

Everything changed when a thief came to Dee's house
Melinda Howard
*This book was received via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

This was an amazing fast-paced and action-packed read! I loved the characters, the original plot and the depth of the main characters. I'm really interested in reading more about the plexus that Crystal, Hunter, Dusk and Dee are apart of; I really hope in the next book the author explores the bond between Hunter and Dee in more depth. On that note there was one character I disliked towards the end; Verge. While reading the
Dora
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A girl about to know the secrets behind her yearnings and a strange new world where everyone was connected. This the first time I read a book by this author and liked how Dee, the main character, was portrayed. Despite the fantasy and the strange situations she was dealing with, her vocabulary, her expressions and behavior seemed that of a teenager. Liked the good pace of the story that made me understand the characters’ motivation and their behavior. Dee went through a lot of out of this world ...more
Chad
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Here's the mark of what I see as a highly capable and talented writer. It takes a lot of skill and craft to be able to create multiple different series of books without having them end up feeling like slightly varying iterations of each other. And if there is anything I take clearly from reading AM Yates' book, Stealer, it's that she has, once again, managed to create a universe that feels completely original and unique.

Once again, Yates has come through with a cast of characters that are
ERIKA Fangirl.bookgram COLON
DISCLAIMER BOOK WAS SENT TO ME BY THE AUTHOR A.M YATES FOR A HONEST REVIEW. THESE ARE MY HONEST OPINIONS.

I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS BOOK TO ANYONE WHO LOVES ADVENTURE/STRANGE WORLD BOOKS THIS IS LIKE A REALLY GREAT SCI-FI BOOK. I NEVER GOT BORED WITH THIS BOOK AND I REALLY CANT WAIT FOR BOOK 2&3 TO COME OUT THE END LEFT ME LIKE :O I REALLY NEED MORE. I'M GIVING THIS BOOK A .

I FOUND THIS AUTHOR THROUGH MY INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT AND AFTER READING THE BOOK SYNOPSIS, I GOT THE COURAGE TO ASK FOR A ARC
Lily Hall
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this book it was wonderful! but it had 2 things i didn't quite like. First it was pretty fast paced, and i like to take time when i read my books. second the main character need's a little more personality (to me). But other then that i insist on reading this book. FanGirls this is the type of book that will give u the feels! :)
Donnielle Tyner
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
First of all… that cover. WOW!
This fast-paced read is well worth it. The characters and world is amazing. The author is well written and knows her stuff. Great Read!
Cherime MacFarlane
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This one had a couple of twists that were highly unexpected. Great story and now I need the second one. The world building was excellent.
Rayne
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
I read this a part of the Stranger Worlds Box set.
It was a rough start and I almost gave up on this story. There didn’t seem to be a fixed point to grab onto - too many things happening but nothing definitively explained. I really struggled to connect with Dee and to work out what the hell was going on. Between the 1/4 to 1/2 way mark I started to figure things out and to make sense of the storyline. Then the action started to happen and I could start to become vested in the story and the
Nabodita Gangully
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it
When I started the book, I wasn't sure whether I wanted to read another young adult story. Fortunately, Stealer is fast-paced and holds your attention to the last page. It might take a little time to warm up to the characters but by the time you finish the story, you'll want them to get together and take you on another adventure.
Myra Wray
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again I have found a good book in this story. I found it hard to put it down until the end.
Angel Graham
Hmm

It was okay. A bit too confusing at times. I liked Dark Star and Crystal. The rest...meh. Don't think I'll be reading the rest.
Pat Raab
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Totally fantastical. Loved it!
Jessie
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Paganalexandria
Mar 07, 2017 marked it as in-collection-already
03/07/17 currently free in bundle Stranger Worlds A Young Adult Urban Fantasy Collection by A.M. Yates
Emily (Infinite Lives, Infinite Stories)
NetGalley Review

In the beginning, the story started out strong. I was really disappointed when the remainder of the book was told in Dee’s point of view. A hackneyed, cliche tactic used to expose the reader to a new world without having to explain a single thing.

Honestly, there really wasn’t anything different or extremely unique about this book that set it apart from many others exactly like it. The female lead is seen as an outcast due to her height and abnormal connections to inanimate
Rosina
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, arcs
I received a free copy of this from NetGalley in return for an honest review.

Protagonist: 2/5
Love Interest: 2/5
World Building: 2/5
Plot: 2/5

Overall score 8/20 which is 2.5 stars.

I was excited for this book when I was granted it after not winning a copy through Goodreads and now I'm wondering why.

Stealer started off dull, transformed into something Wonderland-esque, stopped feeling like that and was interesting for a while and then the book turned boring again. I honestly don't see how it's
Laura Henderson
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Synopsis

Dee returns home on spring break. She tries to free herself from thoughts of her failing grades, her lack of friends, and other problems. However, when Dee tries to run a thief out of her house she lands herself in another world, called the Crescent. In the Crescent, everyday objects posses extraordinary power. In this world Dee accidently screws up the high ministers plans for a better future. Now, she finds herself being chased by masked hunters and no way out of this world.

The
Dianne
Feb 11, 2017 rated it liked it
A wild storm into a descriptive storm of fantasy. Unfortunately that is all this story has. One dimensional characters in a fantasy world. It's ok read if you accept that.
Hannah
Jun 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaway-wins
I won this in a Goodreads Giveaway

This was a fun and easy read. A cool and interesting concept that kept me entertained throughout. Definitely intrigued to see what this bunch of characters will be up to next.

• Blood of Stone (Shattered Magic - Stone Blood, #1)
  • Beyond the Gates (The Starborn Redemption Book 1)
  • Undraland (Undraland, #1)
  • Starshine (Aurora Rising #1; Amaranthe #1)
  • My Fair Assassin (Paranormal Misfits, #1)
  • The Deliverer (The Marenon Chronicles, #1)
  • Dark (The Dark Trilogy Book 1)
  • Protector (Princesses of Myth #1)
  • Summer Magic (Thorne Witches, #1)
  • Silent Orchids (The Age of Alandria, #1)
  • The Portal and the Panther (Guardians of the Portal, #1)
  • Born to Magic (Tales of Nevaeh, #1)
  • Spells & Death (Paranormal MI5, #1)
  • Fairy-Struck (The Twilight Court, #1)
  • Birthright (Birthright #1)
  • Cursed Hadley (Cursed Hadley, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Secret (Betting on You, #1)
  • Hawthorn Inn (The Catalyst #1)
A.M. Yates is the author of YA urban fantasy and paranormal romance, including Summoners and The Horizon Cycle. She spends most of her time living in worlds other than this one.

She does not leave reviews on books in her own genres or closely related ones. But if a book appears on her "read" shelf, it means she thought it was good enough to recommend.

Stealer (3 books)
  • Hunter (Stealer, #2)
  • Unraveler (Stealer, #3)