Start by marking “True Gold (True Alaskans, #1)” as Want to Read:
True Gold (True Alaskans, #1)

True Gold

(True Alaskans #1)

Growing up in True, Alaska, the only truth I knew was that Delilah Campbell was an arrogant pain in my ass. She was also my everything, and still haunts my every waking moment.

I don’t have a single memory that doesn’t include Lie, and I can still taste her, even though Alaska’s no longer big enough for the both of us. After our savage breakup, I fled, chasing my dream an
Published July 2nd 2019 by Tule Publishing Group

Start your review of True Gold (True Alaskans, #1)
Kristy K
2.5 Stars

I spent most of this book waiting for something to happen. It felt like we were always on the verge of something but then it would peter out. Near the end the action started and then it lived up to it’s romantic suspense genre. However, I do wish Lilah and Connor would have worked through the past and their issues a little better. It seems as if they just swept everything under the rug all because of being each other’s first loves.

I received an advanced copy through Netgalley in return
Tara
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read an early copy of this manuscript years ago, and I loved everything about it, just like I did this second time around. True Gold is the perfect blend of mystery, suspense and romance, set in the beautiful backdrop of Alaska, and I absolutely adored it.
Anne OK
Jul 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-reads
The first book in a new second chance romantic suspense - True Alaskan series - from a new-to-me-author, and one that promises more adventures soon (now available for one-clicking).

I’m not going to tell you what happened. In my opinion, spoilers reduce the enjoyment, the suspense and overall ruin reading experiences for others in my opinion. So, no spoilers ahead!

Neither am I a storyteller – and I have no desire to retell someone else’s story. I just want to share my feelings and emotions that,
Charles Sheehan-Miles
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
True Gold is Michelle Pace's latest.

What I loved about it? Mystery, thriller, suspense, a solid romance. The characters were complex, smart and relatable. Michelle does a great job with setting in each of her books I've read -- she makes the environment (in this case somewhere in remote Alaska) come alive.

Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
A second chance wrapped tightly in romantic suspense…

Connor and Lilah’s past started when they were young. They shared adventures, firsts and, unfortunately, lasts as well. When Lilah was compelled back to her home in Alaska, the first person she reached out to was Connor. For good or bad…

This was my first read by this author and it proved to be a complicated read heavy on mystery and emotional drama. While love was at the center of much of the conflict, the romance took a back seat to the fallo
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can’t lie. I’m a fan of Michelle Pace’s. Always have been, always will be.

This book is a bit different from her norm, but not in a bad way. There’s suspense, mystery, romance, and of course lots of sarcastic wit.

Connor and Lie hold a special place in my heart for many reasons. This fast paced, action filled, “I don’t wanna” romance will keep you on the edge of your seat wanting more. I promise.
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
I have seriously waited so long for this book. Ever since another author read an early manuscript and gushed about it being so amazing, I knew I had to read it. So I waited, waited and waited some more. But in the end it was so worth it. The only bad thing I can say is it ended way too quickly. But I couldn’t put it down. Every free second I was inhaling this story.

Leilah and Connor have a past. One riddled with immense pain and tons of regret. When Leilah calls on him for help, he has to choos
Maria
Jun 14, 2019 rated it liked it
- Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review -
Childhood sweethearts, both determined and headstrong, and with a past love story full of hurt, Connor and Lilah reunite in "True Gold", by Michelle Pace, a romantic suspense story set in the beautiful landscape of True, Alaska.
Connor is a strong grumpy alpha, his grumpiness all due to the heroine. Despite the (double) first person POV, Connor’s voice is masculine; but his virility or alphaness coexist with an uncontrollable desire
Cathy Geha
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
True Gold by Michelle Pace

I almost gave up on this book in the beginning. Why? Because I found Connor and Delilah so mean to one another. I realized there had to be a back story but couldn’t understand how the two, with so much anger between them, could ever find a happily ever after. As I read further the flashbacks began to show how the two of them might have ended up feeling and acting as they did and still having mega-chemistry between them. By the end of the book I was rooting for them to e
Kari Hansen
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
A career ending injury has put an end to Connor’s 10 year career as a Green Beret so he returns to his hometown to be close to his family. He now guides excursions through the remote parts of Alaska which is why Delilah re-enters his life.

When both Delilah’s mom and her plane are missing Delilah knows that something is very wrong. She calls the one man she knows can help her but after the way they hurt each other when they were younger, will he?

This is a second chance at love story that takes yo
Tish (Cocktails & Fairytales)
A very fast paced story with alot of twists and turns. Lilah with the help of her ex Conner returns to her hometown after her mom vanishes in her plane but it doesn't end there. They soon learn the reason for her disappearance and the possible trap they have walked into. It was exciting and emotional and had me on the edge of my seat the whole time.
Dana
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
The blurb got me with this book...well the location.....Alaska (I love it there!!!)

I loved the mystery that was weaved into the story. The suspense!!!! Another aspect that drew me one was second chance romance. True Gold had everything in book that I gravitate towards.

I can not wait to read more from Ms.Pace.
Tammy  Zautner
Jun 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
3.5 Stars

Michelle Pace is a first-time author for me. So, going into this book I had no clue what to expect from her writing. I just knew that cover and synopsis was intriguing, and I really wanted to read it.

Overall, I enjoyed True Gold, and would most definitely read another by her. I do have to admit, though, the first quarter to half the read was a rough start. I contemplated DNFing.

Lie and Connor frustrated the hell out of me. Their angsty push/pull and lack of communication drove me insa
Janneke Wolbers
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutly loved it.
Michelle really made it come alive in my mind!
Lesley
Jun 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Tortured Romance 3.5*
Delilah (Lilah, Lie) and Connor have a second chance at love when the disappearance of Delilah’s mother in the wilds of Alaska throws them into close proximity. During the search they are forced to communicate with each other and eventually release the poison of their past. The reader is drip fed snippets of their shared past in order, I assume, to rack up tension. Unfortunately for me this torturously slow reveal of their life meant that I didn’t connect or care about the c
Anima
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After many years apart Connor and Lilah reunite to find her mom. Tensions are high which means a lot of sarcastic witt and quick comebacks as they find a way to work together. The two are yearning for another chance but something important needs to be done first. Following Pace on Facebook I knew exactly who her muses were and I could see the characters clearly. The fight scenes were detailed and descriptive, and quite realistic. Clues were dropped and carefully placed about some missing gold an ...more
Angel Hatfield
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Connor looked at the unmarked beauty of the Kenai peninsula lured Connor home after years abroad. Though his memories of Alaska are mixed and complicated., this land had been in his family for generations. There was no place where Connor would rather live after being hurt and jarringly discharged from the Army ,after ten years, that he had planned on being his career. Neither surgery or months of physical therapy changed the fact he was only eighty percent of his former self, which wasn’t enough ...more
M.E. Carter
Fantastic. Absolutely fantastic.
Karen Hrdlicka
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book lives up to its title; it is True Gold. I was immediately intrigued when I read the blurb for this book. I read a lot of romantic suspense but I have never read one set in the wilds of Alaska. After the blurb I saw the amazing cover and was blown away. I could not start this book soon enough. This book is the kind of book I could sit and read in one sitting, if real life didn't get in the way. Which sadly it did, but I do not regret finishing the book in the wee morning hours on a work ...more
Crystal
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Connor is a former Green Beret soldier who was injured in the line of duty. Since he can no longer perform up to the standards of the Green Beret’s, he was given a choice; either leave the military or take a desk job. Knowing that he could never be a paper pusher, he chose to leave. As soon as he makes that gut-wrenching decision, he get’s a call. His mother’s cancers back and this time she’s not going to fight it. He heads back to True, Alaska, his hometown to spend her last days with her.
Now
Jennifer Pierson
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Connor and Delilah, aka Lie, have known each other for most of their lives, and were each other's first everything. However, their relationship blew up, and now they can't stand to be in the same room as each other. So when Lie calls Connor out of the blue, he's a total douchebag to her, even when she's asking for his help because her mother has gone missing, and her mother is his godmother. He even refuses at first, so I'm not a fan of his at first. He ends up pulling up his big girl panties, a ...more
Paula
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
True Gold is the first book I remember having read by Michelle Pace. I was exciting to receive a copy through NetGalley but the book was not exactly as I imagined it being. It is romantic suspense with characters who have know each other nearly their entire lives. The past years they have been out of touch and yes, this was intentional on both their parts.

A missing mother brings Lilah and Connor back together to find her and then to find the last missing gold. The story is mysterious and suspens
Janine
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book had nail-biting intensity. I didn’t know who to trust.

It all started with the hijacking of a plane carrying ten pallets of gold bars for Aurora Corporation and the gold getting dropped in various locations throughout the Alaskan wilderness.

Many years ago, Delilah and Conner were teenagers and in love. They gained fame when they discovered the ninth drop location. There are still people with gold fever looking for the last of the treasure. Now, Delilah’s mother, Luann, has gone missin
Nancy Reads
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
TRUE GOLD is an Alaskan Book that is going on my Alaskan Recommendation List. I enjoyed this book so much that I will be starting MIDNIGHT SON Book 2.

TRUE GOLD is the turbulent love story of Connor Garrett and Delilah Campbell. Their mothers were the best of friends and they had known each other since babies. Throughout their childhood they became inseparable best friends. As teenagers they shared their first kiss. They shared their first time. And they shared their first love together. They th
EducatedBookFreak
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was the first book I’ve read by this author. I will be reading more books by her for sure!! Suspense and mysteries make me so happy. I was sitting on the edge of my seat the whole time. The emotions, feelings and all around story line are gut wrenching and full of life. The author does an amazing job with the characters, keeping them separated but they are all part of this amazing story that will leave an impact on your reading history! I couldn’t turn the pages of this book fast enoug ...more
Emily Goodman
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There is nothing like discovering a new to me author. The mystery, suspense, and unique storytelling always reels me in making me excited to meet the characters in the author’s imagination. Michelle Pace did not disappoint with her two childhood sweethearts Connor and Lilah in her newest release, True Gold.

Set in the Alaskan frontier, war veteran Connor steps up when his childhood sweetheart, Lilah calls asking him to help. Despite the pain of their love story, both Connor and Lilah are determin
Ashley Jasper
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
When one of your favorite book buddies tells you to read something you do it. Case and point, my first title from Michelle Pace. I was intrigued by the plot and the fact that it covered a lot of bases that you don't really see in romance.

Alaska. Treasure hunters, a missing person and a second-chance romance. This book had it all. I was hooked from the first page. The intensity and twists kept piling on and it only added to the story. To the urgency for Lie and Connor to work through their past p
Ga Books LoverX
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is gritty and raw and full of substance. It took me just a little bit to get into the groove of it since this is the first time reading Michelle Pace, but once I did I could not get enough. I loved in her bio that she wants more than just the fairy tale romance and you can definitely see that in this book.

Lilah and Connor were HS sweethearts that did not end well at all. They both made mistakes, but Connor especially is not exactly good with his feelings. There were a few times that hi
Kelly Corrigan
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is not the first book I have read by Michelle Pace and it certainly won’t be the last. I have anticipated this book since I first read the blurb and I was not disappointed. Michelle has a way with words that suck you in with her descriptions, characters, main and secondary, and her story telling. I never once wanted to skip ahead and skim to get to a more interesting part of the story. The story was original and kept me guessing throughout.

If you are looking for a love story that is not ch
Nova
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is the story of Delilah, Lie for short, and Connor.

Lie and Connor both grew up in True, Alaska. They were each other's everything but it didn't last. After a bad break-up, Connor went after his dream of becoming a Green Beret.

Ten years later, Connor was injured in a jump while on a mission for the Special Forces. He comes back to Alaska. He becomes a guide taking wealthy people into the wilderness and keeping them safe. He is not happy with how this has worked out but it beats being
« previous 1 3 next »

• Merciless (Alpha Bodyguard, #2)
  • Ice (Alaska Heat, #1)
  • Love and Protect (Heroes of Evers, Texas, #1)
  • Knocking Boots
  • Sam's Folly (Midnight Sons #1)
  • Trust Me (West Side, #2)
  • The Wives
  • Game Changer
  • Loss Recovery (Alaskan Security-Team Rogue, #1)
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • Ruthless (The Alpha Bodyguard Series, #4)
  • The Mogul and the Muscle (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • The Good Neighbors
  • Cooking Up Trouble (The Brides of Blossom, Texas, #2)
  • Goode Over Evil (Crystal Creek Mysteries, #1)
  • Dear Enemy
  • The Midnight Caller (Jack Widow, #7)
  • Tanner's Promise (The Harlow Brothers #1)
Raised in small town Iowa, Michelle Pace is an international best-selling, multi-genre author. After studying theater and vocal music and directing and performing in numerous productions, Michelle went on to earn degrees in both liberal arts and nursing.
Determined to avoid shoveling snow, she relocated to the Lone Star State with her husband, author L.G. Pace III. Michelle is a mother of three, a

True Alaskans (2 books)
  • Midnight Son (True Alaskans, #2)