Start by marking “Strays (Red Kings MC, #1)” as Want to Read:
Strays (Red Kings MC, #1)

Read Book

Strays (Red Kings MC, #1)

Best friends Jackie and Tyler set out on an adventure to find somewhere to call home, hoping to escape the violent city life and settle down in a quiet place where they can make something of themselves. What they find instead is the notorious Red Kings Motorcycle Club, outlaw bikers that rule the city's criminal underground.

Only able to avoid them for so long, the unsuspe
Published May 4th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Strays, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strays

Elfina Renee
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
First off have to give it to my partner in crime Sivy for making this recommendation. Thank you... thank you! Was one hell of a read! So what makes for a good MC romance?
1. Hot stunning bikers with attitude? Check
2. High speed chases, bullets flying and the danger of dying? Oooh check...check and double check!
3. Plenty of drama where you wanna bitch slap the stupid of outta someone? Quite a few actually so yep....check!
The romance was okay, didn't get me worked up or nothing but was still an
Rebecca
Overall Rating: 7/10 (3/5 stars)
Plot: 7/10
Characters: 5/10
Writing: 7.5/10
Originality: 8.5/10

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Review: This book is definitely not what I expected. From the summary, I expected a really action-packed novel filled with death, drugs, and destruction. Instead, I got a romance with a surprising twist. I’m not necessarily saying it’s a bad thing, in fact, I think I enjoyed this book more the way it is than I would have had it been an action
JP Reviews
Aug 18, 2016 rated it liked it

After getting past the horrific formatting and the jarring POV switches (more on that later) I ended up really enjoying this book.

Strays focuses on the life of Jackie and Tyler, as they get involved with the Red Kings biker gang. Tyler is initially recruited after they overhear he is good with hacking. Jackie, who has always been by Tyler's side since they were 8, tags along. During their stay Jackie falls for the biker enforcer Dean.

This book for some reason is placed under Action Adventure. To
Charity B.
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love supporting talented indie authors and I had such a fun time with this book. It was fast paced and succeeded in keeping me entertained throughout the entire novel. I thought it had a great cover too, which even though it shouldn’t, it does make a difference to me (Half naked embracing couple on the front? Ugh. Just no). While I have yet to really read a lot of biker romance, I really appreciate the fact that while you know the Red Kings MC members are scary as hell, the part you see the mo ...more
Tiffany Readz
Sep 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Tame but Good

While not a huge fan of the third person narration, Strays really started to grow on me as I kept reading. There are tons of MC books out today and while Strays is good, it isn't nearly as gritty as others. That being said, the storylines were solid, which helped move the book along nicely.

We following along with Jackie and Tyler, two best friends from New York. They've been bouncing around looking for a place to call home and land in Macon, Georgia. Jackie is artistic, yet finds he
Alisa
May 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Hmm. 2.5 stars or 3?

It was good, but some alpha vibes were missing in the book.

It was a quick read and I do like it enough to pick up book 2 whenever it's available ...Just to see what happens. It's not a cliffhanger but obviously the story hasn't ended yet. I just wish they were more bad ass and the story a bit more gritty?
Sarah Greenwood
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Goes down as another off my 2017 Bookworm Bingo Challenge – A book with a car chase in it. Slow build action packed start to a series that has plenty to expand with.

Jackie and her best friend Tyler have been friends for years but act more like siblings. Wherever he goes she will surely follow. They seem happy enough in Macon but lack of other friends and a good job are taking their toll on Tyler. This all changes after a loud conversation between them is overheard by the local MCs. Seems Tyler h
Striking 13
Jul 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Romance is a dangerous game, especially when you fall for a man who kills for a living.

Strays tells the story of Jackie, an aspiring artist who moves to a new town with her best friend, Tyler. Her stark introduction to the town comes at the end of a shift at work, when she stumbles over some local bikies roughing up a double-crossing rat.

Full review here
Ariel
I didn’t dislike this book, I finished and I overall enjoyed it. It just wasn’t to the standard I normally read at and that made it hard for me to look past some novice mistakes. But, if this is your genre or you are looking for a quick, fun easy read then give it a try for 1.99 on Kindle you cant really loose.

READ FULL REVIEW HERE:
Lovella
Jun 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Visit either my Tumblr or Wordpress to see my review!

Enjoy reading!

xx Lovs
Michelle
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for www.marysuedies.com

3.5 Stars. Good MC romance, I didn’t love the ending.

I don’t like most motorcycle club romances. I realize this makes me something of a freak in the romance world. There are a few I do like, but I gravitate towards the softer ones, Kristen Ashley kind of MC books. I just don’t like the rougher men and the way they often treat women. Luckily for me, Strays by Emma Kendrick is a tamer kind of MC romance and I enjoyed the vast majority of it.

Best friends Jackie and T
Elizabeth Horbaczek
Jul 16, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was given to me for an honest review.

3 stars

Bikers romances are always great to read. They always have a great point of view especially when it comes to different authors. How authors interpret bike clubs. This author was different. I liked her take. It was interesting and kept you wanting to know more. The story was not predictable and kept you on your toes. The characters were mostly rough around the edges, but as you go to learn more about each one you start to understand why the do
Morilyn
Strays, book 1 of The Red Kings is Emma Kendricks first published novel. I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. It's a more subdued take on MC life compared to many others I have read but that isn't a bad thing. Emma Kendricks puts her own stamp on Strays and I enjoyed the story about Jackie and Tyler, two friends from childhood who leave Queens and end up in Macon, Georgia. Jackie works at a diner but is really a talented artist and Tyler is a technique nerd with good hacking skill ...more
CommonBookSense
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I can confidently say that I've read enough bad boy/biker books to be considered an expert on the subject. So, an author has to do something pretty unique and original to win me over. Does Emma Kendrick have what it takes??

Jackie and Tyler seem to have a knack for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, which leads them to live a sort of gypsy lifestyle. The loyalty that they have for one another is admirable; and Jackie's no nonsense attitude immediately caught my attention.

Strays is a dif
J.L. Leslie
4.5 Stars. Just finished Strays by Emma Kendrick and really enjoyed this debut novel. Emma Kendrick has a different writing style from what I've seen before. She writes this book in a timeline style and at times refers to her characters in quirky ways like "the brunette girl" or "the tattooed biker" when the character is referencing themselves. I was so very close to giving this 5 stars, but held back because the ending felt that it wasn't fully resolved. There seemed to be questions left unansw ...more
Zara Lethallan
May 17, 2016 rated it liked it

I wanted to give this book more stars but I felt it was lacking in certain areas. It was written more like a diary for the characters and this caused the story to be missing certain scenes that would be important to the character. Besides that little hiccup, I loved the plot and the characters. Especially that she has a best friend that remained an actual a friend and wasn't turned into a love triangle romance option. I would love to read the second book to this series. I really have a thing for
Nikki
Jun 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Ah, where to begin? This book wasn't bad... but it wasn't my favorite either. It had potential. pretty good potential, but it just didn't hit the spot. It was jumbled, but it did have a solid story line. For a first book, it wasn't horrible. I liked the characters, and I loved the comeradary this book brought but something was missing.

The story line was likeable, and so were the characters. I loved the whole MC line. But the jumping through me off more than once.

Jackie and her bestie move to a
Jennifer Mckenna
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites
enjoyed the characters tremendously.... found the the relationship arc to be believable.... no insta love. The secondary characters were fabulous and well developed. I rather enjoyed the open ended conclusion and looking forward to the next installment. Light on the erotica... wouldn't mind more detail but definitely well worth the read.
Fiona
3 stars
Tally
Apr 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Real Rating: 3 and a half stars!

What The Book Is About: This book is about two friends, Jackie and Tyler who left their home to go live with each other in Georgia and start a new life. Jackie in Tyler just so happens to meet a dangerous biker club and surprisingly they all mostly...key word mostly get along. With bikers comes drama and that's when Jackie and Tyler's life isn't so normal anymore.

Overall Reading Experience: Mostly this book flowed really well but then I noticed that the switch of
Sekena Price
May 09, 2016
Teresa
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Rating: 4/5 stars

(Received the book in exchange for a review)
It held that realistic quality that some MC books lack. The book questions characters' abilities of being a part of a darker and tunnel-vision world and how being a part of this world can effect others.

First impression of the book was interest. I haven't read MC contemporary books (ever since I had a moment where I read a lot of those for a while) so I came in with a fresh mind. Plus, you know, hot guys...

The writing was pretty good, e
Remi
May 12, 2016
Melissa
May 08, 2016
Lee
Mar 24, 2017
Beth
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was actually very surprised by this book. I really liked it. I will be completely honest with you, I am always kind of nervous when reading books by indie authors. I don't know why. I think it might be because the first couple that I read way back when where kind of crap, I don't know. But I really didn't need to be with this one. It was very good and I really enjoyed it. So much so that I have ended up staying up till gone 1am, just to finish it.

I will openly admit that I did struggle to get
Kay
Mar 16, 2018
Rachel Barton
Jun 19, 2016
tinyHedgehog
Apr 16, 2017
Moirae
rated it did not like it
Feb 12, 2017