Start by marking “My Fight for My Family (The Mega Pig File)” as Want to Read:
My Fight for My Family (The Mega Pig File)

My Fight for My Family (The Mega Pig File)

A man's struggle to keep his family together against all odds.

What would you do if social workers came knocking on your door, with only 'smoke and mirrors' evidence, they had come for your children? Would you fight for your family or would you simply let them steal your children?

"This is a true story. The details and events are drawn from notes I had made at the time and
Published April 29th 2016 by Createspace (first published April 20th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about My Fight for My Family, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Fight for My Family

Start your review of My Fight for My Family (The Mega Pig File)
Angela
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-requests
This is a fact based novella partly set out in diary form, partly a memoir. I'm finding it incredibly difficult to give a star rating because it's not like the usual fiction stories I read and it's not written as a memoir or biography either.

David Jordan has given a written statement of what happened to his family when he tried to get improved housing conditions for his partner and their baby daughter. This one action triggered a nightmare of fighting to keep their first daughter, then
Breakaway Reviewers
May 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
Detached and unemotional

This is an account of a parent’s fight for his daughters who were removed from the family by social services. It chronicles fact, not fiction.

This will be a short review.

It was a very difficult read and not because of the subject matter. I have described it as an account as it is not a book in the normal sense of the word. There are no chapters and the facts are presented devoid of emotion. What dialogue there is, is stilted and stiff. On occasions, it is a list of
Stevie Turner
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this memoir by David Jordan and I must admit I was appalled at the way Social Services had treated David's family. The problems began following an innocent initial inquiry to Social Services bya relative, concerned that David's partner Martha and their baby Sally were living in unsuitable housingnext door to an aggressive mentally ill man. Instead of finding them a suitable flat, two social workers forcibly removed Sally from Martha as she was pushing her along the street in her pram and ...more
Ada Wallace
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a story....
The trials and tribulations Jordan’s family goes through hits all the emotions.
I have to say that this true life story really makes you think. There are people in the world struggling and in many ways and how a “system” that doesn’t work can hurt a family but makes them build up the strength to fight it as well.
Thank you for writing and sharing story. It goes to show how strong you really are.
Cameron Macdonald
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
My Fight for My Family is an autobiographical diarised series of events dated between 1985 and 2014. It describes the conflict between David Jordan’s nuclear family and the Social Services department whose mission it is to ‘enable all people to develop their full potential, enrich their lives, and prevent dysfunction.’ (Code of Ethics, BASW).

The book represents all that is good in the indie-writing genre of today. Jordan has a story to tell of his personal struggle with an agency that has a duty
Mamta Menon
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
David Jordan's real life story is truly an eye opener. The beauty of reading a memoir is that it will make you realize how small your problems are and what it really means to struggle for your family.

David struggled for years to bring peace into his family which was just as normal as the other families, but the involvement of the social services made it worse altogether. Instead of bringing the family together, the social service people found ways to break them in every possible way.

Despite
Dayna
Dec 22, 2018 rated it liked it
A painful read, My Fight for My Family recounts the horrors inflicted by a system meant to help & look out for its clientele. It makes it understandable how people who could benefit from Social Services prefer to go without. (Though I normally don't care for how smart phones & social media have taken over, I couldn't help but find it unfortunate that they hadn't existed when key events of the book took place. The author would have been able photograph documents that were later redacted ...more
LGandT
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult-fiction
This one really makes you stop and think. Maybe too much thinking. Its not an easy read so be prepared with tissues.

See full review here
Amber Bauer
Oct 23, 2018 rated it liked it
There are errors throughout.

Almost all of chapter 20 is just a re telling of other parts of the story. I don’t think the re telling was necessary, to get the point across.

Previous early reviewers mentioned there being no chapters, this has been fixed, but the starting and stopping of the chapters seems to be randomly placed and just thrown in. I think it would flow better if the chapters were based off the year or years being described, or keeping a complete event within one chapter, it seems
Sheila
Nov 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Too factual

I had a hard time getting into this story...it is sad what this family went through..but ?..couldn't get the feel of the story because to me it was just too much like reading syatements...I couldn't get a connection with the characters...I did stick witn the book because I wanted to know the outcome.
Mary
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interesting read
Judy Moss
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After being a reader of foster carers Cathy Glass, Casey Watson etc, I came across this book and thought it would be nice to read the other side of the story (eg parents that have Children removed), I've got to say I'm totally shocked by David's story and I commend him for his strength to protect his family from the corrupted organisation! I wish David and his family all the best. Everyone should read this to see that not everything is black and white!
Ann
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A detailed book about a family's involvement with social workers and the child protection team. It opened my mind to the fact that not everything is how it seems. The system, who's sole purpose is to help families in need, seem to have done the complete opposite. Very emotive. Makes you question the integrity of the system and how this all got so out of hand.
carmel wilson
Dec 16, 2016
Jo Wilson
Nov 01, 2017
Jane Willis
rated it did not like it
Feb 26, 2019
francis ali
Aug 02, 2017
Cathy
rated it it was ok
Mar 26, 2017

• A Vindication of the Rights of Woman
  • The Oedipus Cycle: Oedipus Rex, Oedipus at Colonus, Antigone
  • Worth Dying For (Jack Reacher, #15)
  • Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit
  • Memoirs of the Author of a Vindication of the Rights of Woman
  • Letters Written During a Short Residence in Sweden, Norway and Denmark
  • Boy: Tales of Childhood (Roald Dahl's Autobiography, #1)
  • The Magic Finger
  • The Giraffe and the Pelly and Me
  • The Colorado Kid
  • Botanical Portraits with Colored Pencils
  • The Modern Flower Painter: Creating Vibrant Botanical Portraits in Watercolour
  • Botany for the Artist: An Inspirational Guide to Drawing Plants