Start by marking “Selene (Dectective Jason Smith #6)” as Want to Read:
Selene (Dectective Jason Smith #6)

Selene

(Detective Jason Smith #6)

When a man is found tucked up in bed with his throat sliced open two days after Christmas, DS Jason Smith and his team are baffled. It appears he has been drugged, killed and carefully wrapped up in a duvet. The only evidence Smith finds are some strands of hair belonging to a woman. One month later, another man is killed in exactly the same manner but there appears to be ...more
Published May 1st 2016 by Stewart Giles

To ask other readers questions about Selene, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Selene

Start your review of Selene (Dectective Jason Smith #6)
Linda Strong
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

DS Jason Smith and his team are investigating the murder of a man. He was drugged, then killed, and then tucked into bed as a parent would tuck in their child. A month later, another murder takes place. This victim, also, was sedated, then killed and tucked into bed.

There appears to be no connection between the victims ... no clues, no motive. They seemingly have nothing in common except for the fact the same weapon was used on both men .... and it was a full moon.

This has been the hard
Books 'n' All  Promotions
NOTE: this review is for the newly updated and reedited Kindle version.

WOW what can I say I am absolutely loving this DS Smith series by Stewart Giles. Selene is book 6 and is another riveting page-turner. The series gets better book by book.

Selene is 10 years old when she sneaks around in the middle of the night to watch a Pagan Ceremony. What she sees shocks her into giving away her hiding place and she is captured and imprisoned. 6 years later she excapes but the experience has left deep pysc
LJ (On The Shelf Reviews)
Christmas 2010 York – Lonely middle aged men are being brutally slain in the light of the full moon.

Romania 1985 – A young girl called Selene witnesses a human sacrifice and is kidnapped by the high priest.

How are these two events linked? Will DS Jason Smith figure it out before the killer strikes again?

So this is number six in the Smith series and I would highly recommend you read them in order just because you’ll miss out on some of the overall story line.

Another action packed and intriguing r
Sarah Legge
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: done, finished
Cosy in bed you say? Well not happily if your left in this mess. Brilliant read.
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed reading every book in this series so far, and as soon as I started reading Selene (book 6), I knew that this one would not disappoint either! 1985, Selene, aged 10, lives in Borsa, Northern Romania, and witnesses something that she shouldn't have, resulting in her being captured and held for 6 years. Imagine at any age, let alone a child, being captured and taken away from your family and never knowing if you will see them again? And not understanding what was happening nor why?! ...more
Joanna Larum
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the sixth in the Jason Smith series and I have to say that these books get better and better. I'm enjoying the insight into Smith's character and, although at first I thought the writer had made a mistake by showing how immature Smith was in the first book, his character is developing from book to book and I now bow down to the author's superior knowledge. Smith is growing with each book.
During the worst winter in York for years, men are being sedated and then killed, before they are tuc
Alison
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another page turner. I pace myself when getting Stewart Giles books as I can't put them down once I start.
Amanda
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of Stewart’s for a little while now and I absolutely adore the series featuring DS Jason Smith. I couldn’t wait to get a copy of ‘Selene’ and dive straight in. Well blimey oh riley this is one hell of a scary but brilliant read. I absolutely loved it but more about that in a bit.
What can I say about DS Jason Smith? He was born in Australia but he was sent to live with his grandmother following the disappearance of his young sister. Smith blames himself for her disappearance. I
Simon Leonard
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is book 6 in the amazing DS Smith series, and you really need to read the previous books to see what Smith has been made to go though and how it has affected him.

This book is another brilliant one in the series, with some nice big Red Herrings throughout and lots of nice little twists in it.

There is also happiness, with the inevitable love interest finally happening, and sadness with the death of another main character.  Stewart is definitely not afraid of shaking things up in his books and
Michelle
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the book and love the characters although Whitton is annoying me I know she may be jealous but she is coming across like teenager having tantrums, and a series loses something when a single character ends up in a relationship it seems to distract from the main story lines, this is not a criticism of the author! I love the series it is just if you are not reading a romance book it distracts me (I take it a fault on my part not the writers).

I am looking forward to where the series heads
BeachVol
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
I have read all of the books in the DS Jason Smith series and Smith has become increasingly tedious. He needs rehabilitating as a character. In short, he has simply become a jerk. Character is no longer complex or multidimensional.
Nicky Proctor
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Need to be reading the next one what an author

Stewart Giles is an amazing author came across him on goodreads and so glad I listened to reader reviews thankyou
Michele Zito
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I did not think this series could get any better, but with this book it surely did. I was almost in tears when a certain person passed away.
Great book now on to book 7 Horsemen.
Donna Maguire

I enjoyed this one, it was well paced and the plotline was gripping.

I enjoyed the twists in this book and the ending was great. The characters were excellent as always and it was great to see the relationships develop even further as the team struggled to crack on of the hardest cases they have faced to date.

The writing style was great and I loved the layout and the punchy length chapters but I was a little disappointed that the Kindle book ended at 84% t
Sue Brooke
d m glover
Aug 17, 2018
Joan Holleran
Jul 28, 2018

• Baby Lies (DI Mariner #4)
  • Silent Crimes
  • KILLING CHRISTMAS an absolutely addictive crime thriller with a huge twist (Detective Mike Nash Thriller Book 4)
  • The Greek Island Killer (DI Jack Dawes #1)
  • Playing with Fire
  • THE MORALS OF A MURDERER an enthralling crime mystery full of twists (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries Book 4)
  • DEAD BEFORE YOU DIE (A DCI Harry McNeil Crime Thriller Book 3)
  • What Lies Beneath
  • THE AUCTION MURDERS an enthralling crime mystery full of twists (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries Book 5)
  • The Gallows Green Killer (DI Jack Dawes #4)
  • SLASH KILLER an absolutely addictive crime thriller with a huge twist (Detective Mike Nash Thriller Book 5)
  • Murder at Flood Tide (The DI Jack Knox mysteries Book 2)
  • The Missing Wife (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries #2)
  • Deathly Wind (Inspector Torquil McKinnon #2)
  • Killer Lies (DI Mariner #3)
  • The Scent of Guilt (DI Bliss, #2)
  • Sticks and Stones (DCI Harry McNeil #1)
  • The Innocent and the Dead (The DI Jack Knox mysteries Book 1)
After reading English at 3 Universities and graduating from none of them, I set off travelling around the world with my wife, Ann, finally settling in South Africa, where we still live. After Ann dropped a rather large speaker on my head I came up with the idea for a detective series. DS Jason Smith was born. Smith, the first in the series was finished a few months later. 3 years and 8 DS Smith bo ...more

Detective Jason Smith (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Girl in the River: Smith's First Murder (Detective Jason Smith)
  • Smith: A Detective Jason Smith Thriller (Detective Jason Smith #1)
  • Boomerang: A Detective Jason Smith thriller (Detective Jason Smith #2)
  • Ladybird (Detective Jason Smith, #3)
  • Occams's Razor: Be careful who you trust (Detective Jason Smith #4)
  • Harlequin (Dectective Jason Smith #5)
  • Horsemen (Detective Jason Smith #7)
  • Unworthy (Detective Jason Smith #8)
  • Venom (Detective Jason Smith #9)
  • Severed (Detective Jason Smith #10)

News & Interviews