Start by marking “Kiss Me Darkly” as Want to Read:
Kiss Me Darkly

Kiss Me Darkly

(Kiss A Belle #2)

A brand new series from the author of The Gentlemen Next Door, praised for being a "delightful Regency romp… in the spirit of Georgette Heyer."

Published May 1st 2016 by Gray Life, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Kiss Me Darkly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss Me Darkly

Start your review of Kiss Me Darkly
Mela
I don't know if Cecilia Gray's writing (especially considering historical accuracy is worse and worse) but with each book I read, I find more weak points and less pleasure (I really liked and enjoyed A Delightful Arrangement and An Illicit Engagement).

I can't tell it was a totally bad literature or it was not a nice love story, but I think I will give up on another Gray's historical romance.
Elizabeth Mathis

Meet Dinah Belle—the Blasé Belle—who never gets emotional because there is no problem—including love—that she cannot solve with her superior intellect. The irrational emotion of love has destroyed her family, but it must have a cure, and she has the perfect test case by which to discover it.

Meet Graham Abernathy—the popular duke's son—a gentleman who goes
Connie Fischer
May 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Woodbury England - 1817

Miss Dinah Belle, age 17, is attending the wedding of her sister, Sera Belle, to Thomas
Abernathy, son and heir to the Duke of Rivington. This will unite these already close famiies.

The Bayswater Belles are five sisters all born on July 2nd, one year apart. They like to gather each year on their shared birthday to celebrate. Their father, Dominic Belle, is a successful industrialist. Their mother has passed away and her last wish was that her daughters would marry Dukes.
Ira
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is ...a bit different. For a rather long time I wasn't really sure whether I liked it or not because I felt that I was missing a lot due to the style in which it is written.
While Dinah Belle, when she meets Graham Abernathy, sees an opportunity for a thorough research on the subject of love and the chance to cure this destructive emotion, Graham Abernathy is not very willing to be cured of his heartbreak. Despite that he agrees to go along with her scheme.
The two meet occasionally
Beyond the Pages
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kiss Me Darkly...I adore that title! This is what I know without a doubt; Cecilia Gray has done it again. This very romantic love story is unwaveringly sweet and unquestionably beautiful. A period piece that spans the years, it tells the story of a man and who happen upon love quite innocently. It's a story that begins with a question mark and ends with a happy exclamation. Brilliant!

Rating: 4/5
Recommend: Yes
Audience: Adult, New Adult, Young Adult - M
Status: HRF (Clean)
Chemistry/Intensity: Yes
PoshTomes
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I tried to start this book like 6 times and failed. It took a little while to really get into it but once I did, I loved it! It wasn't a typical romance and neither of these characters were stereotypical characters of a romance novel. There is depth and growth and a shuttle finding of love and friendship.

The Good: The length was perfect, the characters and storyline compelling, and the lovestory was subtle but steady. Different from most romances but a breath of fresh air!

The Not So Good: I
diana
Jun 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

This was a very entertaining book! It was fun, hilarious and romantic at times. Dinah is an amazing heroine. She's logical, sassy and quite cynical and she reminds me a lot of Sheldon Cooper. And like our beloved scientist, she will slowly grow on you too.
The book is quite short but it was fun while it lasted.

I received an e-arc to read and review.
Tatjana C
Fritzy
Feb 12, 2019
Jeannie
Aug 02, 2019
Cecilia Gray writes sweet stories where the smart girl gets the nice guy.

* * *
Author's note: I'm here on Goodreads as a reader first, a writer second.

I read and review books here. Sometimes books I love and sometimes ones I don't love so much. I hope that's okay - the same way I'm okay if my books are reviewed and not loved.

My feelings about a book are never reflective of my feelings about an

Kiss A Belle (5 books)