Start by marking “Maiden” as Want to Read:
Maiden

Read Book* *Different edition

Maiden

(The Maiden Trilogy #1)

PERFECT FOR MIDDLE GRADE OR YOUNG ADULT READERS!

Jeanette is not like the other 17-year-old, gray-eyed girls in the war-torn kingdom of Amarin. While the other girls hope to regain the green eye color of their ancestors at spring festival and win the prince's favor, Jeanette has other plans to escape her stifled village life.

After the caravan arrives, Jeanette fears that sh
Paperback, First, 298 pages
Published April 29th 2016 by Pond Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Maiden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maiden

Start your review of Maiden
J.R. Young
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't read any book that doesn't engage me right away, or makes me care about the characters. With that said, it was impossible not to become deeply involved with the characters of Maiden, and care about their personal journey. When I read a book, I always picture everything as if it were happening in a film, and Maiden is definitely cinematic in scope. It's perfect for a teenage or tween girl, even up to young adult. I found it instilling a theme of discovering one's on intrinsic value and pe ...more
Erica Eaton
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A daring tale of heroism, adventure, and not doubting yourself and your God given gifts and abilities. An enjoyable read for all ages, but highly recommended for teenage girls, to inspire them to be brave and most importantly to follow their dreams and be themselves. I second what other reviews have said, this book shines without the use of gimmicky language or vulgarity.

A fun and easy read, you will easily be transported into the land of Amarin and see the action for yourself. I can't wait to
May 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Couldn't put it down, but definitely for younger readers. But I still can't wait to find out what happens in the next book! A little different from typical princess books, and the main character is not predictable.
Shauna
May 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely a book I would read to my daughter (she's 12, and yes, I still read to her). All of the characters are interesting, and leave you wanting to know the rest of their personal stories. There are also some surprises along the way; the general story line is predictable, but the details are unexpected. That would have to be my favorite element of Maiden, because I'm not often surprised by the storyline. There are minor typos and errors here and there, but not enough to detract from ...more
Sara Brisse
Aug 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good

The idea behind this book is really interesting and different. Unfortunately there were a ton of characters. I lost track of characters as I read and they were not reintroduced so it took a bit of back and forth to figure out who they were. There were also a few spelling errors. I enjoyed reading it despite all of that.
Adam Mangum
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really love the characters and the story and it's pace keep me engaged. The writing is rough at times, but the author makes up for that with interesting characters and an excellent plot. I look forward to the sequel.
Olivia Williford (LivTheBookNerd)
Full review coming June 28, 2016.
Jeremiah
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Maiden is a great book. I really enjoyed the way that Chris captivates the reader. I hate that this series is not complete yet because I hate to wait for the others to hit the shelfs. Well done.
Kathy Dickson
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting premise

This was a fast read and well written. I will definitely read the other books. The story kept the reader wanting to turn the pages.
Shirley Selby
Jun 03, 2016
Tanja
Nov 15, 2016
Chris Sorensen
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jan 19, 2017
Emma
Mary
Robert
May 11, 2016
"Sorensen's writing is steady, clear, and devoid of artifice." - The Roanoke Times

“Chris Sorensen is a gifted storyteller!” - Midwest Book Review

Chris Sorensen is a native of Richmond, VA. A high school counselor by profession, his passion is stories. He also loves naps, ice cream, watching cartoons with his kids, and making a fool of himself in public (according to his wife).

MAIDEN is his first