Start by marking “An Unexpected Love (Hudson Brothers PI, #1)” as Want to Read:
An Unexpected Love (Hudson Brothers PI, #1)

An Unexpected Love (Hudson Brothers PI, #1)

Their worlds were fused together by a single ringing of the telephone.

Kyler Jefferson was just sixteen when her family was brutally murdered. Left pregnant and alone she has been running for nearly a decade from place to place, terrified that one day they would be found by the mysterious caller with sinister intentions.

Since the deaths of his mother and sister, Caleb Hudso
Published August 22nd 2015 by Haney Hayes Books (first published December 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about An Unexpected Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Unexpected Love

Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it

***** 4.5 Cranky Stars *****

For the last ten years, Kyler Jefferson has been doing whatever it takes to keep her and her children safe. If that means going off-grid, she does it. If that means looking over her shoulder and keeping out sight, she does it.

At sixteen and pregnant with twins, her parents and brother were brutally murdered. The crimes are still unsolved and as there were no clues to the perpetrators, Kyler has a quiet life under the radar.

Caleb Hudson is a private investigator and in
Arlena
Rating: Five
Review:

"An Unexpected Love" by J. Haney

My Thoughts.....

I will only say that Kyler Jefferson was one strong person to have gone through so much in her lifetime. Even after ten years life for Kyler was still on the run with her twins. One good thing about this story was after meeting Caleb Hudson [who was a PI] was one of the best things that could have happened for her. After
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
This is an emotional story. There is a huge mystery surrounding Kyler. And she has no one she can really trust. But when she meets a PI in one of the towns her and her twins are living in she thinks she found someone that can help protect her family.

Caleb is that PI. He never looked for love and didn't really want one. But he wants to protect this little family. But to do that he has to figure out who is trying to harm them.

I read this story in one sitting. I was a little sad it ended in a cliff
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Omg I loved this book. Kyler and Caleb are amazing. I love dual povs and that just that but you learn about everyone, the story flow was great, it's real. Kyler and Caleb have a past and sometimes that can make moving forward hard especially when that past comes back. This book had it all, love, suspense, mystery and I'm ready for the next one.
Mel Allen
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kyler Jefferson family was murdered when she was sixteen, so alone and scared with her babies due in only a few months she lives with a friend of her familys. When she moves cause her and the babies arent safe cause who ever murdered her family is still out there, so when she starts to get scary phone calls it time to go into hiding but before she runs she meets Caleb a PI looking into a missing person case when he senses something wrong with Kyler he inserts himself into her life to help and ke ...more
Tersea
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. Kyler is a kickass mama and the kids were pretty awesome as well. Caleb was a big teddy bear. I had all the feels With the storyline *sigh* my heart seriously hurt for Kyler. The secondary characters were really good also. And SERIOUSLY that ending grr!!! Can’t wait for the book in the series.
Raveen Vann
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is Avery intriguing book that I could not put down. I am so glad these two met and gave it a try. She's still hiding after all this time and trying to take care of her kids. He's determined to break down her walls and protect her at all cost. Although there were problems and rough spots they had to go through to get where they are it was a great journey for them.
Carrie Stark
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing, it was one of those books that you have to read from beginning to end and you can't put it down, because you won't be able to.I cried and laughed,this was an AMAZING book and i cant wait to read more
Sara Fitzgerald
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When I first started this story I wasn't sure. As I kept reading I got more and more involved. The mystery that winds its way through the story has you turning page after page.
The unexpected twist at the end has me screaming looking for the next book.....
Tanya
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
she has been running since her parents were murdered, she was 16, alone and carrying a baby. he has been living the bachelor life since his mother and sister were murdered. they meet and a connection forms but will he be able to protect her? see if he can

Pat
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read by J. Haney! I look forward to reading more from this author!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A really good, suspenseful, mysterious read! Full of intrigue, heat, romance, what more is needed in a great read?! Enjoy!!

Kimberly
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book is a good suspense romance read. The story has suspense, heat, action, romance, intrigue, passion, and a bit of mystery. The characters are good and they have good chemistry. The story ends with some what of a cliffhanger.

BethAnn Redd
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The book had a few moments where I thought were going to go differently, ah the suspense ... but the writing was wonderful. Kyler and Caleb were a great match. Loved the book, cant wait for book 2....
Jennifer Richey
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is book 1 and wow did this book blow me away you meet a very pregnant 16 year old girl kyler that finds out her whole family is murdered. She’s on the run serveral years later she runs into Caleb a private PI she hires and they both have skeletons they need to get through.
Victoria B
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW, so many emotions about this book I don't even know what to say! An Unexpected Love by J. Haney draws you in and hooks you from page one and holds you hostage while taking on an emotional roller coaster up until the very last page. This book is well written and flows naturally and at a steady pace. The characters are great and believable, I love that the main female character is strong and independent. The only issue I have is the cliffhanger at the end. Look forward to reading book two in t ...more
Diana Munn
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*Spoiler*
OMG this is a super great read!! It is a book that captures your attention from the first page to the end. It is a story of lose and love. It will have you laughing, crying and sitting on the end of your seat to see what happens next.
Kyler Jefferson is a 16 year old girl pregnant with twins who in one moment loses all her support and hope to go on when her family is murdered while she is at school. She moved in with one of the cops that came to tell her about her family and they help h
Carol Cassada
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Romantic suspense is one of my favorite subgenre of romance.

Unexpected Love is a promising story centering on PI Caleb Hudson, who’s out to protect Kyler Jefferson and her children from a murderer. Sparks fly as Caleb and Kyler go on the road, trying to track down answers from Kyler’s past to help capture the killer.

The premise of the story is good, I liked how Caleb and Kyler both have these tough attitudes, yet events from their pasts have scarred them emotionally. There are a lot of moments o
McKeesha Stevens
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was so sad and had a lot of unexpected turns. I couldn't put it down. Kind of bummed that it ended without a real end in preperation for future books.
I wish that some events would not have happened. Made my heart hurt for Kyler.
Such a strong female character.

Janet
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is actually a 4.5 stars.
Kyler Jefferson has been doing whatever she has to do to protect her children for the last ten years. Even if it means going off the grid until the dangers past. Ever since she was sixteen years old and pregnant with the twins, this has been her life. She is an expert at staying off the radar all because her parents and brother were brutally murdered while she was at school and the police haven’t solved these murders.
Caleb Hudson is a private investigator that
Lynn Smith
Kyler Jefferson had lost it all in one moment. Her family murdered. All she was left with was the twins she still carried. Ten years later, raising her son and daughter she was still on the run. The murderers never having been caught. They would pack up and move and before you knew it, whoever they were would find them again. Caleb a PI was looking into a missing girls disappearance. The last place she was seen was Jefferson Photography and Boutique. While questioning Kyler, Caleb notices after ...more
DreamsAndScrems Bookaholics
***** Rebecca's 5 Star Review ***** 5 Dreams and Screams
Epic
I can tell that this Author and I are going to have one of those love hate relationships! This story was absolutely Epic! I love the depth of the characters and the plot is second to none. The story holds you from page one. I love a great mystery littered with innocent love. BUT! I really don't understand the OMG moment Why??? And there are so many questions left unanswered... I refuse to wait for book 3 I need answers now!!! You know w
Books Laid Bare
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an easy read, not that I say that in any way to the detriment to the book because I don’t – the book was super, it held my attention from start to finish and I have to say that I would definitely read other work by this author in the future.
She had a beautiful writing style, it was just so fluent.
Told from multiple points of view the book is sharp, it is busy but it is concise.
It has so much going on that it really does need you to watch every word. Kyler has so much going on that she i
LLEP  Book Blog
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
An Unexpected Love is viewed through many different eyes.

Caleb Hudson is a Private Investigator for Hudson and Hudson. While following up on a missing person's case, he meets Kyler Jefferson at her place of business. From that point, Kyler's life is once again turned upside down when she receives a phone call while Caleb is there.
Caleb takes it upon himself to protect Kyler, who also is the mother of twins, Jaxson and Avaline, when events start to arise.
When Kyler's house is blown up, the threat
Rebecca Allman
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
An Unexpected Love is viewed through many different eyes.

Caleb Hudson is a Private Investigator for Hudson and Hudson. While following up on a missing persons case, he meets Kyler Jefferson at her place of business. From that point, Kyler's life is once again turned upside down when she receives a phone call while Caleb is there.
When Kyler's house is blown up, the threat
Dana Busenbark
In this first book of the series, we meet Kyler and Caleb. We also find ourselves meeting Detective Ryan, Avaline, Jaxson, and Liam. Who is Tyler? How does he fit into all of this? What things happen that panic Kyler? I really like Caleb, Kyler, Ava, and Jax. Not so sure about Liam yet. Who is behind what happened to Kyler? Who is behind what is happening now? Will it ever be figured out? I really like Caleb and am glad he is there to help her. You're going to have to read this sweet romance sto ...more
Carrie
Dec 18, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm really disappointed to say I did not like this book. It was a struggle to read. I was really looking forward to it after reading a snippet in a FB group, too! :(

The plot & storyline are very interesting, but the execution was just not to my liking. The personalities of each character seem very disjointed and all over the place. I couldn't get a handle on what was going on with them or with the larger story. A lot of things didn't make sense to me. And while I understand there is to be m
Virginia Lee
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
J. Haney has a wonderful way with her writing. You get to see the story from multiple points of view, but you will be able to have a full understanding of what is happening in the story. I really enjoyed the characters. Got a better understanding of the trust issue Kyler and Caleb both have in their pasts. e I enjoyed the mystery and suspense of the story , it held my attention from beginning to end and I will definitely read other work by this author in the future. There is a cliffhanger at the ...more
💋Meme Chanell Book Corner💋
I voluntarily received an arc copy of this story for my honest review.
An intense, mystery , murder and romance al mixed in one neat package that will keep you captivated until the very end wishing there was more. There is one part in this story that left me heartbroken and wondering when they would catch the bad guy. Kyler the heroine whole family was killed when she was sixteen years old and pregnant with twins.

She was put in protective custody and its years later and the madman who murdered he
Mari
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kyler was pregnant with twins when her parents and younger brother was murdered. She was in school when this happened. the police came to the school to get her and notify her. Kylers life changed completely after that. Klyer had to go into hiding, she gave birth to the twins Avaline and Jaxson. She had to move every so often, because who ever killed her family would find her. One day at work a P.I came to her job to ask some question about a case he was investigating. Kyler received another call ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Ember (Fire on the Mountain, #3)
  • The Boys Club
  • The Darkling Lord (Court of Annwyn, #4)
  • Let The Games Begin
  • Obsession (Obsession, #1)
  • The Second Wound
  • In the Land of Gods and Monsters, Part Two (Gods & Monsters Book 2)
  • Ticees (Ribus 7, #2)
  • Lost Stars
  • Loving a Heartless Felon
  • Caught in the Lies
  • Malice Striker (Viking Vengeance, #1)
  • Vow of Devotion (Vow, #4)
  • Bang (B-Squad, #2)
  • Through His Eyes (Mind's Eye, #1)
  • Facing the Son
  • #Burn (Fever Falls #2)
  • A Bird in the Hand (Proverbial Crime, #1)
ARC Team https://goo.gl/Aps5sJ

Blogger Contact - https://goo.gl/Cdw3XF

Live Readings & Author Takeovers - https://goo.gl/VFpsJc

Newsletter Swap - https://goo.gl/hMMHnP

Guest Post Application - https://goo.gl/3vMvGy

Book Order Form - https://goo.gl/C4CYFj

-BIO-
I was born and raised in Kentucky. I reside in Greenup County, Kentucky with my family. My debut novel, An Unexpected Love, released August 2
“Me + You + Tree = Anytime - Caleb Hudson” 4 likes