Start by marking “Going Down Easy (Billionaire Bad Boys, #1)” as Want to Read:
Going Down Easy (Billionaire Bad Boys, #1)

Going Down Easy

(Billionaire Bad Boys #1)

Meet Kaden Barnes.

Alpha-licious in the most unexpected ways, Kaden Barnes always gets what he wants.

Enigmatic and exacting, he's unable to keep an assistant for long. Until Lexie Parker arrives. She's no-nonsense, efficient and all business… She’s also hot as sin and soon starring in Kaden's dirtiest fantasies.

When their passion for each other reaches a boiling point, Kade
Published July 19th 2016 by CP Publishing

Liz ~ Liz's Reading Life
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Baby Jesus, Kaden Barnes is on sexy boss. He's a dominating alpha that requires special touch. He's not an easy man to get to know, let alone love.

Lexie Parker hasn't always had the easiest of lives, but she determined to make this job work. She's heard Kade is a difficult boss, but she's not going to let him intimidate her.

Neither know what to think of the other, but neither can deny the growing sexual tension. Now the question becomes not if they cross the line, but when. And if they do,
Sabrina
Jul 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: crazy-rich
This was a sweet story, and I enjoyed getting to know these characters. There were a lot of complexities to them and it made the story an intriguing one. I wish I could have rated it higher, because I really did like the story, but there was just something missing that made me kind of meh about it. I feel like we didn't learn everything there was to know about Kaden and Lexi, so it made it hard to connect to them. Bottom line, I would recommend this book to anyone that likes an easy, cute story.
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Jul 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
Link to full review below!Another wonderful Phillips book! A bit of office romance, a bit of family dysfunction, and a lot of heat! This review was originally posted on The Book Disciple
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 2c301649617a293d5cbacbdbbbd39b_zpsuyogympb.gif

A sweet uplifting sexy romance that will make hearts flutter. Going Down Easy by Carly Phillips is not your standard billionaire romance where the male hero rescues a damsel in distress. Instead Ms. Phillips presents a story where readers are entranced in the story of two flawed strangers who are dealing with their own personal struggle and family issues.

Kaden Barnes is a successful billionaire who has made his profits with a tech program
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***ARC Provided by the Author and Social Butterfly PR***

Some books are just good. They are the kind of books you finish and you wouldn't change a thing about them; the ones where you reach out to the author (and jump up and down with excitement because she replied) to tell them that the book was THAT GOOD.

Romance novels get earmarked into what is expected and so many of them stay within those boundaries. And, this is ok. I enjoy the genre even with it's rules and expected story lines. Part of wh
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

“Oh, Kade. I need you. I want you. I love you.”

So, I thought his books was going to be your typical office romance, but surprisingly, there are some serious topics discussed and it brought a lot more depth to the story.

Kaden Barnes is in need of an assistant. He’s a rich brilliant businessman and extremely tough to please. In comes Lexie Parker, his new assistant. The rule is never mix business with pleasure, but Kaden can’t resist his sexy assistant. Can this office romance last?

I alway
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Rosalie's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Lexie Parker is the perfect big sister in the world; she had to take care of her mother (who is riddled with a mental illness) and has now given so much up in her adult life for her sister, who also has issues of her own. Not being able to have a life and even maintain a job has been something she has desired for so long. When her dad helps her get a job at a company he is a financial donor to, she knows she has to do everything to keep it.
Mandy
Loved this one! I love a good boss/employee romance! Kade was super sexy!
AJ
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
Kaden Barnes is a complex man. On the surface he’s a young billionaire running a company with his best friends after they struck it rich with the creation of a social media app. He comes off as arrogant and demanding, having gone through a slew of assistants that have not met up to his exacting standards, but in reality his need for control is how he copes with deeper personal issues.

Lexie Parker is given the job of Kaden’s assistant as a favour to her father, a major investor. Lexie has had a d
Julia
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, na-i-love-them, 2016
4.45 - is it on clock? - stars

Going down easy by Carly Phillips is a fun, steamy and light romance. It's perfect for rainy autmn days when all you want is wrap yourself in a blanket and just read.

It's a story of Kaden Barnes and Lexie Parker - a billionaire and his assistant.

To some it could seem to be just a romance but it has more depth. It touches the problems of family, who goes first and trust. Sometimes it's difficult to trust other person and put your needs at first but Carly Ph
Vasiliki
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

ARC kindly provided by RockStar Lit in exchange of an honest review.

This is the story of Lexie and Kaden, two persons who have no one to look after them.

I really liked this story! Although there was insta-attraction, it wasn't feeling fake or over the top. The plot had a couple twists although it was easy to figure it out. Ms. Phillips writes beautifully! The writing was really pleasant.

Lexie is an amazing heroine. She is looking after her twin-sister and forgets how to live her life
Polly
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I first saw this cover I KNEW I had to sign up for this tour. I then prayed to the book nerd Gods that the inside would measure up to the hotness that the cover delivered and I am pleased to say it did!

It's been a while since I have read a Carly Phillips books. I read a few of her earlier books and found them to be a bit tame for my preference. I'm a lover of high steam and needed more. I took a chance that maybe her later writing had improved a bit in that aspect and I was blown away to d
Tina "IRead2Escape"
Hotness Rating 3 out of 5

Carly Phillips does it again! I mean really is there anything this lady can't write about it and make it a fantastic read? The characters in this book not only had the boss vs. employee issue, the new relationship exploration, but also mental illness in a couple different forms to wreak havoc. Kudos to Ms. Phillips for allowing the natural drama in these situations to present themselves without ramping it up and making it so angsty it's hard to read. That is probably my
Audrey Carlan
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Going Down Easy is a thoughtful tale of strife, sacrifice, hope, forgiveness and of course, a heaping dose of what Ms. Carly Phillips does best...a beautiful love story." ~Audrey Carlan, #1 New York Times Bestselling Author
Jessica
I loved this it was sexy, sweet, and romantic. Sometimes I found myself hysterically laughing. Lexie is a strong girl and didn't take any of Kade's bs.
Shayna
A new series from Carly Phillips? Ah, YES PLEASE! I've only read a couple of other books my this author, and I've loved both of them, so I knew GOING DOWN EASY would be right up my alley. You may see that the series is titled BILLIONAIRE BAD BOYS, but GOING DOWN EASY is not your standard, run of the mill billionaire romance. It's SO MUCH MORE than that! It's got depth, heart, and AMAZING lovable characters! If you are looking for a passionate and emotional office romance read, THIS is your ticke ...more
Tpagirl
Going Down Easy was the first book in the Billionaire Bad Boys series by Carly Phillips.

Kaden Barnes was a successful entrepreneur. He started Blink, a tech app, with two of his college best friends and they were now billionaires. He was gorgeous, a genius, geeky and quirky with ADHD and anxiety disorders. He also had baggage from his past. As a result, he was demanding, brooding, hard to work with and distrusting.

Lexie Parker was a twin. She was smart, beautiful and loyal. But she was also the
Sofia Lazaridou
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Going down easy felt different from all the other Carly Phillips books I have read so far. I liked reading it just as much as I have liked the others thought. The book isn't just about an office romance. It had a few slightly predictable twists, but it also deals with some serious psychological issues. I must admit that at first I felt weird with having three people dealing with OCD, depression or being bipolar since most authors usually have only one character with some kind of issue, but I got ...more
Susan (susayq ~)
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
**POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Another winner by Carly Phillips!

Kade and Lexie have issues. Real issues. Lexie has put her life on hold to care for her twin sister who is bipolar. And Kade has anxiety problems and is a bit OCD and that makes him hard to be around. Yet when they meet, the connection is immediate and doesn't diminish. Kade was a bit of a jerk to Lexie, but I think that goes with mental issues and his history. Doesn't make it right, just sort of justifies it. Thankfully Lexie was able to see
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

✿ ✿ ✿ ARC Giveaway! ✿ ✿ ✿
Part of the Shh… Summer Buzz Book Event 2016!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Book ARC Giveaway: https://goo.gl/uqgC3u
Win ARCs for all the Buzz Books featured!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Books: https://goo.gl/4p43qo
Jun-Sep book, release & ARC info!!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Book Calendar: https://goo.gl/78NlrK
All Buzz Books organized by week of release!
❀ Join Shh…: http://goo.gl/OmQUZv
Join for direct links to work. GR redirects all non-members to group home.
❀ RSVP: https://goo.gl/bvZGC3
❀ Author s
Ramblings From A Chaotic Mind
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I’m starting to think Carly Phillips can do no wrong because once again she has delivered a book that had me emotionally reeling. I think the thing that set this apart the most was the central theme of mental illness and how others perceive it. I applaud Phillips not only for writing about something so few want to talk about, but doing it in a way that had left the characters with dignity.

One of three friends who has created an uber popular phone app, Kaden goes through personal assistants like
Tara The Obsessive Book Reader!
Lexie was supposed to have the dream we all wish for , married to her college boyfriend and living her dream with him and her dream that she was studying at school. But things didn't seem to go to plan with Lexie's twin sister having biopolar. Lexie had to quit college to become a full time carer for her twin .

Her dad couldn't care for her because there mother has very severe depression and needs the fathers care and attention on her at all times since she is at risk.

The book continues on that
Danielle
Jul 02, 2016 rated it liked it
I have read a ton of Carly Phillips books and this one really spoke to me. I absolutely loved Kaden and how Phillips wrote his character. He was smart but had these quirks about him that really just brought him to life. And Lexie was an awesome heroine. Helping her family for years and putting her life on hold was gusty and I adored her for that but when she finally wanted to put herself first for once she totally won me over.

The tension these two brought to the story was just enough to keep me
Lauren Lascola-Lesczynski
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished-reading
Ohhhh I am ashamed to say this is my first Carly Phillips book, but I can tell you it wont be my last. My Gaaawwwddddddd this book had all the feels.....I mean Kaden Barnes...could anyone be more sexier. I mean all is idiosyncrasies make him that much hotter. HOT billionaire (check) a man that knows what he wants (check) a gentleman when he wants to be (check) in control at all times (check) I mean I could go on.....lol. In walks Lexie Parker, the girl next door, who is all to eager to please an ...more
Annamaria
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Five Amazing Stars! Lexie is a great daughter and sister caring for both of them which in turn makes it difficult to hold a full time job. Then her father gets her a job with a boss who supposedly isn't very nice and she knows that she must keep it. Kaden has problems with anxiety that can get bad at times which in turn makes things difficult at work. One day when he comes in and sees Lexie, things change. Will Lexie be able to change things for Kaden and definitely change things for the better? ...more
Nicole
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance-favs
This book was a very easy read, a couple hours and I was finished. I thought it could've been much better. The plot was good but I feel like there wasn't enough development. Come on married after like 4 months of knowing each other.....Seems a little extreme. I honestly read this not even 2 days ago and don't even remember the main characters names. That means it wasn't the best book. I enjoyed in while reading just not memorable.
Janie
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-the-cover
3.5 stars. This was an easy read about Kade and Lexie. Lexie starts as Kade's assistant and there is instant attraction on both sides. They both have personal issues that make it tough for their relationship to work. I liked the characters but there was something missing for me. I didn't feel invested in their story as I sometimes do. Definitely an easy and enjoyable read for a rainy day.
Jos
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 Underwhelming Stars

OK, I really do like this author and yes her writing is still great BUT the story and characters themselves were for me, boring and flat:(

I barely got through it and not gonna lie, halfway thru I ended up skimming until the end and even that was uneventful for me as well!
Luzie
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
4,5/5 stars
EpicRomanceReviews
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"I kissed my boss and I liked it."

GOING DOWN EASY, bk 1 of Carly Phillips brand new Billionaire Bad Boys series about three smart, mega-successful college chums who run a tech firm together, is all kinds of wonderful!

I was immediately swept up in the story and developed INSTA-LOVE for Kaden Barnes AKA the most arrogant, gruffly sexy, pain-in-the-butt boss ever! He needs calm and order in his life to function properly, and Kaden goes through his personal assistants like candy because most can’t
The Club Blogs Bo...: Going Down Easy by Carly Phillips 1 2 Jul 26, 2016 02:30PM

• One Night Stand (The Martin Family, #1)
  • Concealed Desire
  • Double Dippin' (Rope 'n Ride ON, #1)
  • Playing Dirty
  • A Cold Creek Homecoming (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #5)
  • Emerald (Steele Investigations, #2)
  • The Boss's Surprise Son
  • Except My Love
  • Troublemaker (Songbird #6)
  • The Office Slave (The Office Slave, #1; Red Hot Fantasies, #3.1)
  • Love Him Back
  • KCPD Protector (The Precinct #23)
  • Can't Buy Me Love (Eligible Billionaires #1)
  • Blame It on Chocolate
  • Tempting Texas
  • Craving Justice (Sons of Sydney, #1)
  • Mine
  • Never Let Me Go
NY Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestseller, Carly Phillips gives her readers Alphalicious heroes to swoon for and romance to set your heart on fire. She married her college sweetheart and lives in Purchase, NY along with her three crazy dogs: two wheaten terriers and a mutant Havanese, who are featured on her Facebook and Instagram. The author of 50 romance novels, she has raised two ...more

Billionaire Bad Boys (4 books)
  • Going Down Fast (Billionaire Bad Boys #2)
  • Going Down Hard (Billionaire Bad Boys, #3)
  • Going in Deep (Billionaire Bad Boys, #4)
“Kade, this is insane.”
“Agreed.” … “But it’s still happening.”
2 likes
“Make no mistake, no matter what, I intend to pursue you, Lexie. To make it difficult, if not impossible for you to walk away … So?”
She looked up at him with wide blue eyes. “You’re a hard man to say no to,” she murmured.
He felt himself grin. “That’s what I was hoping you’d say.”
2 likes