Start by marking “Forged in Fire (Tempered Steel, #5)” as Want to Read:
Forged in Fire (Tempered Steel, #5)

Forged in Fire

(Tempered Steel #5)

"Lady, if I were you, I'd get the hell away from here 'cause when I make it up this hill, I'm gonna be looking for you." Lucky Coalson's luck has run out. His ex-wife turned out to be a con artist; his business is in a shambles; and he's been tossed into a muddy river by a smart assed feminist with a chip on her shoulder. Things couldn't get much worse...or so he thought. ...more
Published June 28th 2016 by Maggie Adams

To ask other readers questions about Forged in Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forged in Fire

Melody Dawn
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have been anxiously awaiting the release of Forged in Fire. After reading Getting Lucky, my heart was broken for Lucky Coalson and I desperately wanted him to have an HEA like his brothers. It was hard waiting, but I knew it would be worth it...this author is known for her HOT yet downhome stories, which make you feel like you are apart of the Coalson family...I knew Lucky would be getting lucky lol :)

In Forged in Fire, Lucky Coalson is a broken man at the hands of his dead ex-wife, Claudia. T
Shannon Youngblood
5 Murderous Stars!

So, a disclaimer before I get started on this awesome book. I highly recommend reading the other books in the series before delving into this one. I found myself a little lost in the beginning, and now plan on backtracking for the entire series.

Let me start out by saying that if I liked women, Renee would be my boo. She’s strong powerful, independent and courageous and I love her. She isn’t going to take anyones crap, especially Lucky, the man she is trying to prove is innocen
Erica
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Forged in Fire is book 5 in the Tempered Steel series and while it can be read on it's own I highly recommend reading this series from the beginning. There's so much your missing out on if you don't!!
I love the Coalson's, have since book one so I had high hope's for Lucky's story and the author exceeded them.
Lucky & Renee despise each other, the if I could get away with strangling you I would kind of dislike.
They rubbed each other the wrong way from their first meeting so when Lucky's accuse
DJ Sakata
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

I would appreciate it if you would sit down and let me finish. Your fire breathing dragon act is singeing my eyebrows...

Lucky wanted to laugh as the bikers backed up at her hysterical rantings. The closest one looked up at Lucky. 'Dude, we're a motley crew, but this chick is just plain weird, dropping off a cliff like Tinkerbell on a bad trip.

My Review:

Forged In Fire was highly active and fraught with peril for the brave Coalson clan and their new love interests, and
Deb
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Fiction
Another winner in the awesome Tempered Steel series by the talented Maggie Adams! "Forged in Fire" is book #5 and the latest installment about the Coalson family and namely 8 brothers. An entertaining contemporary romantic must read about family, love, good friends, struggles & so much more... At times there is action & suspense and also a touch of smoking hot naughtiness! Well defined characters & witty dialogue continue in this saga with an unsolved mystery that will hook & ree ...more
Wendy Fisher
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great hit in the Tempered Steel series. This time a murder needs solved. Someone is still out there and gunning to destroy the Coalson family. When Lucky's ex wife is found murdered, he's the first suspect. Can the sassy  helper from the river actually help him prove his innocence? Will the Morgan sisters turn the Coalson brothers' lives upside down? Will the family ever stop being plagued with disaster? Great characters, great storyline, a little alpha maleness and a whole lot of strong ...more
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
OMG Lucky is my favorite Coalson so far, but they all are as I read thier story. Renee is exactly what Lucky needs she sassy, take no bull personality, even though she despises Lucky she drawn to him, but when trying to convince the law Lucky is no murderer the ones that truly love them help out in ways they never knew, but one night of heated passion and just maybe Lucky and Renee realize just how much they love each other.
Dolores
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: maggie-adams
I received this book for free to give my True and Honest Review

Maggie you've outdone yourself your books becomes better and better.
Teri
Sep 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Things are ramping up and coming to light as Lucky now battles the truth about Claudia and how she was connected. They now have even more people working with them and this new team of PI's is wrecking two of the brothers at once. Tons of cross stories going on at once. Plenty of action and yup the steam is getting steamier with a few snags in the midst of it all. This author does know how to spin a tale and it works well. Finding out what started this and how far it goes back and just whose behi ...more
Tracy
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review to come
Toi
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Getting Exciting

Lucky falls in love in a heartbeat with Renee - can they figure out who is framing his family and who killed Claudia.
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lucky Coalson can't seem to catch a break lately. His ex-wife turned out to be a con artist that left the family business in shambles, and now he's being accused of murdering her, after she's found dead. The family decides to hire a PI to help find the proof of his innocence. Unfortunately, they hired the woman who made him mad during the severe storm. Everytime they are in the same room together squaring off, they make Mac and Dixie look tame. And even though everything she says irritates him, ...more
Books Laid Bare
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There is a very fine line between love and hate and if you don’t believe me just read this book, because to all intents and purpose Lucky and Renee are on the hate side of the fence…they really don’t get on or so it would appear.
But when Lucky’s luck runs out it is the one person he never thought he would ever have on his side that is hired to help him. Being accused of murder is a sobering occasion and facing the uncertainty of that accusation is a lot to deal with but his parents are not prepa
Tonya
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it

I love the Coalson brothers, especially Lucky. I really felt for him in the previous book because of what Claudia did to him and his family.

We finally get who is behind everything, and why they are after the Coalsons.

Lucky goes through something really bad in this book. He’s arrested and needs to clear his name.

This is where Renee comes in. She’s been hired to help solve the whole situation. She’s a great P.I.. And she has the help of her sister, Rebecca.

They make a great team together
Hooked On Books
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it

to me

4 Star's

I would recommend reading the other 4 books in this series before you jump in to this one. I was a little lossed for a bit but found myself the more I read. I will definitely be going back and reading all the other books though I really enjoyed this story.

I don't want to jump in and say what happens as I think it will mess it up for the readers but..... in this story you have murder, suspense, hate, love, every emotion you can think.

Will lucky get his HEA like his brothers? Read
Samantha Roberts
4 Star's

Will lucky get his HEA like his brothers? Read it and f
Lisa Book Shelf
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Forged in Fire is Lucky's book. In the mist of flooding Lucky's ex-wife is found murdered and Lucky is accused of the murder. Renee and Rebecca runs a PI firm and is brought in to help. Maybe Lucky's luck is changing .

It was nice to see Lucky getting over his ex-wife and we find out more about the Coalson family. Both Renee and Rebecca are great characters and looking forward to learn more about these amazing women. All the couples in this family is strong and loving-making for a great family s
Renee Kennedy
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maggie Adams can weave a tale like no other! This book was full of sexual tension and suspense.

This is her 5th installment in the Tempered Steel series and she didn't disappoint. She gives us answers to many of the questions we' be been dying to hear.

I loved the tension between Lucky and Renee. Maggie always has great banter between her characters and this one was no exception!!

If you have read the other books in her series, you'll want to pick this one up for sure.
I give Forged in Fire 5 fl
Ashley
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I know I say this about all of the books by this author but this has got to be one of my favorites of them all. This book had just enough action, mystery, and romance without overdoing it. The characters, their personalities, and the fact that each one so real compared to some books I have read. This whole series has been very much enjoyable and I can't wait to read more. I definitely recommend it.
Dayreader Reviews
Loved this book!

Another excellent read by the amazing and talented Maggie Adams. If you have read her other books in this series, you won't want to miss this. Excellent read! Love and suspense!!!
AJ's book-reMarks
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
One of my favorite authors, Maggie Adams knowes how to write sexual encounters and how to tell a story. She doesn't disappoint waitd a long time for this book. Looking forward to her next Coalson Brother experience.
Stacey Pagan
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suckered in

Five books down! Holy moley the author has fantastic writing ability and I am in love with these characters!! Love them
Debbie
Nov 12, 2016
Denise Toups
Sep 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• Don't Let It Show (Undercover Intrigue, #1)
  • Restless  (Fractured Farrells, #4)
  • Targeted: A Christian Romantic Suspense Boxed Set Book Bundle Collection
  • Night Prey
  • The Burnside Mystery Series, Boxed Set #1 (Books 1-3)
  • Billionaire SEAL
  • At Any Cost (TREX #2; Nassd Counter-Terrorist Agency #1)
  • Deadly Noel (Strong Women, Extraordinary Situations #5)
  • Sole Intention (Intention, #1)
  • Time for Honesty (Solvik #1)
  • Raid on Afghanistan (SEAL Team Bravo: Black Ops #1)
  • Tahoe Blowup (Owen McKenna #2)
  • Running Stupid
  • Fatal Lies (Lies #2)
  • Combust
  • Special Agent Kandice (Undercover FBI, #4)
  • EAGLE SECURITY: 5 Books
  • Jeri Howard Anthology: Books 1-9 (The Jeri Howard Series)
Maggie Adams is an Amazon Best Selling contemporary romance author. Her first book in the Tempered Steel Series, Whistlin’ Dixie, debuted in Amazon’s Top 100 for Women’s Fiction, humor, on November, 2014 and then again at #61 in 2016. Since then, she has consistently made the Amazon best seller 5-star list with Leather and Lace, Something’s Gotta Give, Love, Marriage & Mayhem, and Forged in Fi ...more

Tempered Steel (7 books)
  • Whistlin' Dixie (Tempered Steel, #1)
  • Leather and Lace (Tempered Steel, #2)
  • Something's Gotta Give (Tempered Steel #3)
  • Love, Marriage & Mayhem (Tempered Steel #4)
  • Cold as Ice (Tempered Steel #6)
  • Tempered Steel Series: Books 4-6