Start by marking “I & Garcia” as Want to Read:
I & Garcia

I & Garcia

A country hit by an economic downturn...A continent torn apart by a war....A nation on its path to Independence.....In between all these...A girl and a Book!

I & Garcia is a story of an extraordinary journey of an American Girl narrated by her favorite book.

How the destiny of a book changes upon being sold to a girl named Garcia and how the life of Garcia keeps on cha
Published March 18th 2016

To ask other readers questions about I & Garcia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I & Garcia

Ankit Saxena
I got this book from the group here on Goodreads named “For Love of a Book” for my honest review in return of reading this book’s PDF copy, which is officially mine now.

That’s what I have read after so long time. A completely new thought, a different story from a POV of what is unimaginable narrator, a BOOK. Author had really done nice & worthy job.
This a story of a girl, her family, her friends, and of course the Book, she used to carry wherever she goes. The way story started in the first
Anusha Narasimhan
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-giveaways
This book takes us on a trip through different countries in a span of 28 years (1927 - 1955). We get to experience the life of a young girl, Garcia, through the eyes of her book. Her story is moving and involves a few key historic events. It was nice to read a little bit about the emotions people go through during each of the events.

I absolutely enjoyed reading this book. If I read books like this during school, I would have scored better in History. Unexpectedly, this book has kindled my wander
Murugesh Selvaraju
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Irony- It is a book about a book and its owner, narrated from the pov of the book (Hardcover edition) and I had to read it in Kindle.
Crystal
May 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indian-authors
This Book is narrated from a books perspective and it is Brilliant! This book is a Historic-fiction with a mixture of fiction and facts. The narration of this book is magnificent you would not want to keep it down, only thing that upsets me about this book is that its a quick read.

(Spoilers)

This book starts in America and ends in America but what happens between that period is huge. This book is very knowledgeable and it will give you a view of the impact The Great Depression and World War 2 had
Fajriy
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a free e-copy of this book from the author through For Love of a Book's Advanced Reader Opportunity Program.
Due to the economical crash in America, Garcia and her family move to Germany. What Garcia doesn't know is that it's just the beginning of the unforgettable adventure in her life. She's never alone because she always takes her favourite book which is the narrator of this story.
Set in the Second World War, this book tells not only the life during the war itself, but also how peop
Vamshi Velmajala
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Simply Wow! I liked your writing style. The narration is very novel and captivating for sure. This also gave me good overview of World war 2. Kudos Saurav, great work
Tony Parsons
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Take a trip through time from 1927-1955 as Garcia along with her favorite book Poems of Hope (narrator) share their hopes/dreams, & ups/downs as they travel around the globe.

I took me forever to read this book, so intent, so detailed, now 1 of my top 10 book list for 2016.

I did not receive any type of compensation for reading & reviewing this book. While I receive free books from publishers & authors, I am under no obligation to write a positive review, only an honest one. All thoug
Celia
May 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Simple But True

A book of poems, owned by an America girl, describes her life as lived during the Depression, World War II and life in India. The premise is quaint, the prose even quainter. It is undoubtedly written by someone not conversant with the English language. The prose made me smile. It left me wondering what malaprop the author would contrive next!
Shane