Start by marking “Mettle (Spartan Riders #2)” as Want to Read:
Mettle (Spartan Riders #2)

Mettle (Spartan Riders #2)

Kindle Edition, First Edition, 255 pages
Published July 26th 2016 by J.C. Valentine

To ask other readers questions about Mettle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mettle

Sybil aka Lala
Aug 03, 2016 Sybil aka Lala rated it really liked it
Is it possible for JC Valentine to write a book that I do not like?

No I don’t think it is. It seems that whatever she touches, whether it be contemporary romance, romantic comedy or MC romance, it is blended with a perfect balance of endearing and endearing characters, angst, humour, suspense and heat! Mettle was no different.

And although Tucker wasn’t enough to knock Blake off his seat, he still had me clutching at my pearls with his filthy words and letting go of some happy sighs at his sweetn
The Book Disciple (Samantha)
Jul 24, 2016 The Book Disciple (Samantha) rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-s
Full review to come!
Carlene(Inspired)
ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

Tucker "Country" Abrams is Sergeant at Arms in the Spartan Riders Motorcycle Club. He likes booze, women, and his brothers. As a free bird he enjoys all women equally and loves knowing he doesn't have to worry about anyone but himself and his brothers. Talia Bruce is a hot little number he'd like to keep in his bed for a little while though.
Talia McKinnon will do whatever it takes on the job to break the case, even sleeping with the handsome, slightl
Linda
It is times like this that I wish I felt comfortable writing one word reviews, but if I was that one word would be AWESOME
As I have said previously , J.C. Valentine's writing is always wonderfull!
"Mettle", is the second book in her Spartan Riders series and they just keep getting better, she has created, ruff, rugged, strong bikers with an equally passionate , loving , sexy side .
Tucker"Country" Abrams is no exception, former special ops and now Blakes second hand man and go to information guy.
Melissa Mendoza
Rating: 5 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Libby Harrison
Aug 27, 2016 Libby Harrison rated it did not like it
Struggled to get into the story:

1 - H is a manwhore douchebag
2 - the banter between the h and the H was too cheesy for me
3 - the writing felt disjointed

DNF'd

So frustrated!

Romance Novel Giveaways Lauren Seiberling
Holy Hot Biker Bad Boy!

First of all, loved it. I tore through this book. The story was gripping, it was so well-written and I MUST go back and read Grit (although THIS IS A STANDALONE, I enjoyed it SO much that I want to read more about the Spartans MC!)

I love how the introduction and and interaction between Talia and Tucker was there right out of the gate, that I didn't have to read half of the book before they met. And what an introduction and interaction it was!

Early on, I learned that Talia
Chris  Carroll
I love a hot romance and when I know I am going to read a book by J.C Valentine, I put everything else aside!

This woman knows how to write an all encompassing book. With steamy hot guys you drool over and plenty of sexy action, you are never disappointed with her books. And Mettle is another spicy read that had me all in!

Yummy Tuck "Country" was looking for a hot hook up and that is just what he got with Talia, but he wasn't looking for love. With plenty of sex, a bit of suspense, and even some
Kim
Jul 25, 2016 Kim rated it it was amazing
Country the Big Bad Biker .... Sexy and Hot .... That won't let himself LOVE ....

Talia with the Soft Velvet Voice .... Curves and Hard as Nails .... That has a job to do but will LOVE get in the way ....

When Ricky Cruiz is still on the monds of the Spartans can gabby and Blake get on with there lives or will it be at a stand still until Ricky comes out of hiding ? Can Country get the Intel he needs to bring down Cruiz or will Talia get in the way ??

Will Tucker "Country" let Talia have a little b
JB's Book Obsession - Jennifer
Talia McKinnon is recently divorced and ready to move on with her life. She has decided to throw herself into her work moving across the country far away from her past. Work is all she can think about, love is no longer part of her life. Fate has other plans for Talia when she meets a sex on stick biker she can't stop thinking about. He knows he is bad news and will only complicate her life but who can resist a hot biker dressed in leather. When he finds out what she is hiding can he convince he ...more
Jan
Jul 18, 2016 Jan rated it really liked it
4 sugar stars

Another brilliant read by JC Valentine and another great love story surrounding the Spartan Riders MC

Great characters, Country otherwise known as Tucker and Sargent in Arms is a hot straight talking biker and like any other MC member a one night kinda guy, not wanting to settle down and loves the single lifestyle, until he meets his match with Talia

Talia is undercover FBI and doesn't back down in any argument, feisty and everything Tucker wants in a woman. Sent in to get close to t
Jessica Alcazar
I'm gonna make this quick and to the point ... holy frikkin sexiness batkids!

Tucker “Country” Abrams has no shame LOL That man is pure alpha gritty goodness and he doesn't care who knows it! He is DELICIOUS! And don't get me started on sassy Talia McKinnon . She's strong and sure and not afraid to go after what she wants! The two together made for an explosive story. And the explosion started right away. The moment these two set eyes on each other, fate was determined ... they just didn't r
Connie
Aug 21, 2016 Connie rated it really liked it
Shelves: biker-bad-boys
Another hot addition to this series. Suspense, intense and what a ride. You have a love 'em and leave 'em sexy biker named Country and an undercover agent named Talia searching for the truth which includes a little crossing the line and some red hot seduction. But it all boils down to who is seducing who and it doesn't take long for both of them to be in over their head. The truth has a way of coming out and love sneaking up on ya. Storyline ends in a way that makes you yearn for the next in the ...more
Laura Watson
Jul 26, 2016 Laura Watson rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
I love the Spartan books, the characters are amazing. I could not put this book down and finished it in one sitting. J C has a way of drawing you into the story.
Sandy
Jul 24, 2016 Sandy rated it really liked it
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date July 26, 2016

Talia McKinnon said goodbye to love the day she signed the divorce papers and moved across the country looking for a fresh start. With work occupying her days and nights, a relationship is the last thing on her mind, until a run-in with a hot-as-Hades, leather clad biker changes her mind. He’s everything she shouldn’t want but has to have. The problem is, he’s not that easy to catch.

Tucker “Country” Abrams believes in two things: brotherhood and w
Beth
Jul 26, 2016 Beth rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the Author in exchange for my honest review.

OH.....EM.......GEE.......Love this book. Yum!

Talia is an undercover agent being brought in after other undercover agents have not been contacted and she has to fight for her chance to get in. She is good at what she does, and she is going to get the job done. Stubborn, strong, beautiful, but also a bitter heart when it comes to feelings. She can't help that she had to learn that from her ex-husband. All the edges she has she
Mandie *Foxylutely Books!*
Jul 25, 2016 Mandie *Foxylutely Books!* rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All MC Lovers!
This is the second book in the additive MC series, Spartan Riders. I had not read the first book Grit, but as soon as I started reading Mettle, it was easy to pick up the back story but this is mainly about the hot as hell romance of Talia and Tucker.

Tucker Abrams aka Country is the SA for the Spartan Riders. His focus is his brothers of the MC but he also has a huge love of women, lots of women. He doesn’t do relationships so when one of the hang arounds starts to read more into their repeat ho
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
In Mettle, we return to J.C. Valentine's Spartan Riders MC world. This time, it's "Country" who is taking us for a ride.

Tucker "Country" Abrams is a love 'em and leave 'em type of guy. He's always known the whole marriage and kids thing wasn't for him. He doesn't even like the bunnies to stay the night. Tucker's loyalty has always been and always will be to the Spartan Riders. Or it was until a sultry, little blonde walked into the bar.

The last thing Talia McKinnon was looking for when transfer
FMR Book Grind
Jul 27, 2016 FMR Book Grind rated it really liked it
ERIN'S REVIEW
4.5 STARS

Holy Hotness Batman! This book should be rated X for the super HOT scenes between Talia and Country. Warning: you will need clean undies! This storyline flowed right along from Grit (Book 1). Talia is a woman torn between duty and what she longs for. She is a strong woman who doesn’t back down from anything. She stands up for herself and what she believes in. Country is a great character. He is very sure in himself. He knows who he is, and what he can bring to the table. Wh
Books Laid Bare
Jul 26, 2016 Books Laid Bare rated it really liked it
Hold on to your hats ladies because from the get-go you are in for one heck of a ride!
There is just something about the way JC Valentine writes that has me weak at the knees, I’m not sure if it is the intensity that she able to portray, the depth with which she is able to not only shade her characters but their situations or the element of WTF that she never ceases to have me throwing around like confetti but whatever it is…may she long continue because this had me hook, line and sinker!
So now I
Jenny Brightman Harris
Jul 25, 2016 Jenny Brightman Harris rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC for an honest review.

In this book we meet Talia and Tucker (Country) Abrams. Talia is an undercover FBI agent out to prove that the Spartan Riders are part of a rash of women being taken and sold into the sex slavery business. Talia is getting no where and finally sees and opening when Tucker comes out of the clubhouse and stares directly at her. When she follows him to the bar she things maybe she can get him drunk enough to talk but things progress a little fart
Misty (Red's Romance Review's)
Nothing puts a damper on your love life like a divorce... and the minute Talia McKinnon signs the papers she takes love completely off the table, and blows outta town looking for a fresh new start. She is ready to let her heart heal, focus on herself for a while, and live life on her terms. The last thing on her mind right now is dating, or opening her heart to love again, that is until a sexy biker walks into her life...

Tucker Abrams loves women, but his entanglements with women are kept strict
Angela
Jun 28, 2016 Angela rated it it was amazing
A fast paced, highly entertaining book you won't want to miss! An intriguing storyline, interesting characters, hilarious banter and crazy antics that will have you laughing out loud, smokin' hot sex that will leave you breathless, angst, suspense, betrayal, and many surprise twists that will keep you turning the pages to see what happens next. This was a fantastic book and a great addition to this amazing series!

Tuck, aka Country, was looking for a new purpose in life after years in the milita
Georgie
Jul 17, 2016 Georgie rated it it was amazing
***ARC received for an honest review***

Here's as honest as I can be...receiving this arc had me reading Grit and Mettle in pretty much one sitting!

These stories were sooo good! I loved every second of them both!

Mettle was about Tucker and Talia and the heat between these two was off the charts!

I loved Tucker!
He was crude and funny but straight up!
He called it like it was and that was all there was to it!

He had been through his fair share of MC "Bunnies" but he was just so different with Ta
Hanne
Jul 26, 2016 Hanne rated it really liked it
I’ve met some amazing bikers in the first book of this series, Grit. I wanted each biker’s story and it’s time for Tucker “Country” to fall in love.

There are several women missing and the police knows that someone is selling those women. They think the Spartan Riders are involved and use an agent undercover. When that agent goes dark, Talia needs to find out more and goes undercover. She is watching the club house of the Spartans when a biker leaves. She follows him to a bar and talks to him.

Tu
JudyB
This is the second book in this series. I rated the first book 4 stars and this one 3 stars. I like the characters and writing style and enjoyed reading the book but still feel there is a little something missing. Country/Tuck is so hot he will singe your eyelashes and Talia is a strong woman who is not submissive, except maybe in the bedroom sometimes. More than likely I will read the next book in this series.
(view spoiler)
Jaime Fertal
Jul 22, 2016 Jaime Fertal rated it it was amazing
Tuck is apart of the Spartan Bikers club, after his time in the Army he wanted to find his place in the world, he found that in a bunch of guys and their families, his family. Tuck is not a one woman man at all, he prides himself on being a free man and having a different woman every night, maybe a repeat if the woman is lucky. Talia is undercover trying to find the gang that is responsible for all the woman who have been disappearing and being trafficked. Its just another job to her that takes ...more
Brigitte
Jun 10, 2016 Brigitte rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the second book of this series, there is still a war looming between the Spartan Riders and another rival MC club.

Tucker aka Country is a womaniser. He is loyal to his brothers and the MC family. He likes his freedom and has no intention of being shackled to just one woman.

Talia is an FBI agent. Her work takes up most of her time and after her divorce she is not looking to settle down either.

Women are still disappearing and Talia volunteers to go undercover to investigate. The Spartan Ride
Tessa
Jun 20, 2016 Tessa rated it it was amazing
Mettle is book two of the Spartan Riders series. I do not recommend this without reading Grit book one. J.C. Valentine captures the motorcycle family like no other.

I love this motorcycle club with their loyalty to brotherhood and respect of each other. These men are rough around the edges until they fall for their women then we see the tenderness shine through. The protectiveness that these men surround their loved ones with is fierce.

Talia has left her past across the country and is ready to
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Last Ride (Wind Dragons MC, #5.5)
  • More Than Miles (Lost Kings MC, #6)
  • Coal (Regulators MC, #3)
  • Untitled (The Breaking Point, #3)
  • Fatal (Fierce, #4)
  • Unplugged (Unplugged, #1)
  • Colour Me Inside (Heartbeat, #3)
  • Savior (First to Fight #4)
  • Acting Out (Shattered Hearts, #8)
  • Owning Destiny (Forsaken Sinners MC, #3)
  • Ember (Fire on the Mountain, #3)
  • Stirring Attraction (Second Shot #2)
  • Beautiful Savage (Savage & Ink, #2)
  • Fighting Attraction (Redemption, #4)
  • Sparking the Fire (Hot in Chicago, #3)
  • Kept from You (Tear Asunder, #4)
  • Jameson (Brothers Ink, #1)
  • Ride Rough (Raven Riders, #2)
J.C. Valentine is the USA Today and International bestselling author of the Night Calls and Wayward Fighters Series and the Forbidden Trilogy. Her vivid imagination and love of words and romance had her penning her own romance stories from an early age, which, despite being poorly edited and written longhand, she forced friends and family members to read. No, she isn't sorry.

J.C. lives in the Nort
More about J.C. Valentine...

Spartan Riders (2 books)
  • Grit (Spartan Riders #1)

“You really did that for me?" (Talia)
His eyes softening, Tucker replied, "I just found you. No way am I letting someone take you away from me.”
0 likes