Start by marking “Unjustly Destroyed (Incapable, #2)” as Want to Read:
Unjustly Destroyed (Incapable, #2)

Unjustly Destroyed

(Incapable #2)

4.47  ·  Rating details ·  204 Ratings  ·  118 Reviews
What the hell did I know?
I spent my entire life running from my past. Right when I was ready to put it all behind me for good, the person I feared the most decided to make a grand entrance and fuck everything I worked hard for. I panic when he's near because his only motive in life is to cause me pain and suffering.
But I'm scared.
He's not kidding around.
He's threatened to
ebook
Published June 30th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Unjustly Destroyed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unjustly Destroyed

Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Intense. Dark with many triggers. And cliffhangers suck.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This book is something else. It is definitely a part 2 from book 1 so you must read the first book to even follow this.

This read is intense and if you have ANY trigger emotions with violence, rape, forceful situations, etc., this is not the book or series for you.

Grayson enamored himself to me more in this book and Emmalin really annoyed me more. Hiding secrets and situations made the journey worse and then the aut
Lisa Aiello
I received a copy of the first book of this series and this one, through NetGalley for an honest review. There was a lot of time between me reading book 1 and book 2, and I think that probably led to some of my mixed feelings about this, as I had a hard time getting back into the story. I didn't want to do a re-read, so I just re-read my review and other reviews of Book 1 to try to catch up. So, as mentioned - mixed feelings. I definitely warmed more to Grayson's asshole/barbarian ways (because ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Unjustly Destroyed by Marie Skye is Book Two in the "Incapable" series. This continues the story of Emmalin and Grayson. Since this is an ongoing storyline I would highly recommend you read the previous book " Incapable". Also this book does end with another cliffhanger to set you up for the third installment called "Infinitely Mine". This book picks up where they left us with the last book.
Emmalin emotional past is getting stronger than she can fight but she does start to place the walls up th
Tracy *To the point Reviews*
I KNEW IT! Stupid heroine keeps a huge secret from the hero all through the story.

I skimmed this book because I was so pissed.

I found that the BSDM does not work in this story. For someone who was so severely abused to desire punishment. And for someone who knows of this abuse and who has sadism issues, to want harm the one he loves so much? It just didn't seem logical to me.

And despite everything that happens to her, Emmaline really annoyed me with her martyr-statues. Her constant running off
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Jul 01, 2016 rated it really liked it

**** 4 Cranky Stars ****

I feel the very first thing I need to say is that this is a very dark read, for adults only. The book contains very explicit content, on many different levels.

The tamest of these is the BDSM content, and there is absolutely nothing tame about that. Since the whole 50 Shades phenomena, I have read so much more about domination and submission than I ever thought I would, but this book goes more deeply into that than probably any other I have read. Quite frankly, I am read
Brandi
3.5 We Fight Together stars

Unjustly Destroyed picks up where Incapable ended. Without spoiling that ending, let's just say that Emmalin starts building those walls again. And Grayson notices it immediately.

What does this do to Grayson and Emmalin? It damn near destroys them. Emmalin keeps pushing and fighting and wants to do things on her own. Grayson doesn't want to be pushed aside. He doesn't want to take that submissive role. He is the Dominant. He is the protector. And he feels like he is f
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

✿ ✿ ✿ ARC Giveaway! ✿ ✿ ✿
Part of the Shh… Summer Buzz Book Event 2016!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Book ARC Giveaway: https://goo.gl/uqgC3u
Win ARCs for all the Buzz Books featured!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Books: https://goo.gl/4p43qo
Jun-Sep book, release & ARC info!!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Book Calendar: https://goo.gl/78NlrK
All Buzz Books organized by week of release!
❀ Join Shh…: http://goo.gl/OmQUZv
Join for direct links to work. GR redirects all non-members to group home.
❀ RSVP: https://goo.gl/bvZGC3
❀ Author s
Brandi Hay
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow this book was amazing. I loved it so much more than book 1 if I’m being honest. It sucked me in and I couldn’t put it down. I cried and I laughed and I cried more. What Emmalin goes through I can’t even imagine. I was fighting with her and for her and so was Grayson. Emmalins past comes to haunt her and she keeps it from Grayson. Which was a big mistake. How the book ended has my heart torn and hoping it isn’t the end. I can’t wait to read book 3 to see if there is healing and restoration.
Simran
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-arc, fiction, thriller
Note: Thanks to Netgalley for providing an e-arc. All opinions, feelings expressed in the review are my own.

Thrilling, captivating, romantic fiction novel. Second in sequence of a trilogy. I hadn't read the first book, so in the beginning I couldn't understand what was happening. But still, I was hooked on from the start because of the alternating narratives. I think that's a unique storytelling manner, and it suited the story so much as you could understand why the protagonist was reacting in a
Kandy
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Marie Skye Nailed It!! The feelings that she drug out of me with this book were unreal! Grayson and Emmalin are one of a kind, I'll tell you that!! There were so many ways this could have gone and Marie took it right where she needed it to go, so many unexpected things happening here, and real!! I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book and now I have to wait again for the next one!! Wow! 2 thumbs up and 5 sparkly stars for this one!!
Anna
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cliffy
Lisa
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I liked this one better than the first! I couldn't put it down. I mean, I just finished it and all I can think about is wanting the next book to be out already!
Alexandra Phillips
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
This story is once again about Emmalin and Grayson. It picks up by where the first story ended when in the ball Emmalin sees someone from her past and her old nightmares wakes up. Initially she tries to hide things from Grayson but he quickly picks up that something is off. Grayson tries to protect her with in every way he has, until the unthinkable happens that breaks down both of them. Though they try to pick up their pieces Dale comes into picture and the story ends once again with a veil of ...more
Eileen Robinson
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-reads
I really enjoyed Incapable, the first book in this series. Emmalin and Grayson, have had, it seems, everything possible thrown at them and yet they still remain strong.

I love their relationship, its kinky, sexy, caring, and even with all their issues they just work. Emmalin is without doubt a survivor and in this book, she starts to again keep secrets from Grayson, and he feels she is slipping away. Unbeknown to him she is desperate to protect him, even though she knows it means a lot more pain
Meleka Taylor
Nov 29, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I did not have high expectations for this book judging from how the first book ended. This book did nothing to sway me otherwise. I am sorry to say that this series was not for me. The characters were still immature. Emmalin was still running away and Grayson still chased after her. A lot of things that happened to her was self-inflicted. She kept getting things done to her by a person with a vendetta due to the fact she did not think.

I understand she wanted to be independent and do things her
Vee
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review

Yes! Yes! Yes! Was this book even better than the first? YES! I have so many questions so if you guess that I’m going to go read the third installment immediately then you are so right. All the twist and turns, all the hot stuff going on, OMG I am hooked more than I was in the first book. I found my emotions running high a few times while reading, I love when a book has characters that you connect with so when they’re
Tara  Nelson
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness. This book messed me up in the best of ways that only authors can accomplish. Book 2 picked up where book 1 ended and then sent us on an emotional roller coaster. It was full of hot sex, steamy chemistry once again between Grayson and Emmelin, wonderful characters and several sadness.....makes you want to cry goodness. Poor Emmelin has been through so much disgusting sorrow and abuse in her life past and present and how this character keeps going show the characters strength. You ...more
Sharon
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok, so I binge read all of these together…..which is a good thing since I dislike waiting for the story to be complete. This series must be read in order. I’m going to split my reviews since the subsequent books are spoilers for the previous ones, but I can say that the series is awesome and I loved Grayson and Emmalin.

Unjustly Destroyed Book 2 is where Emmalin’s past is back to haunt her. She knows that she has to keep her darkness from touching Grayson. The person from her past is threatening
Debbie Ballard
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved reading the outstanding and amazing second book in the Incapable series. Emmalin's world comes crashing down when Carson, her stepbrother, demands money from her or he will hurt the ones she loves. Emmalin will do anything to protect Grayson but not fast enough to save Tyler. How can Emmalin escape Carson's treacherous, abusive tendencies and still stay sane and be with Grayson. Read the highly recommended, wonderfully written full of mystery, intrigue, and romance, and a must read roman ...more
Beverly S
The second part of this book was better than the first. I feel it could have been and excellent read had the book been a little less violent and the sex scenes toned down. It is hard for me to believe that a woman who came out of such an abusive situation could put up with a man being abusive in a different fashion.
The book was well written even though I didn't care the adult situations.
Book provided by Net Galley for and honest review.
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
This is a continuation from Incapable. Emmalin has walls around her heart that are impenetrable but Grayson is trying his best to knock a hole in them again! Emmalin needs Grayson but she pushes him away to protect him. Grayson is an alpha and doesn't like being put in a subjugating role. Is this the end for Grayson and Emmalin?

Mari's Struggle is Real
I didn’t like Emma before and I especially didn’t like her now. Emma is keeping secrets and she is keeping Grayson at a distance and she keeps lying. Grayson is not a man that will take it lightly being pushed aside. Grayson was much more likable than Emma in this book. He wants to protect Emma but she is being very secretive and that’s not helping out.
*ARC graciously provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
Paula
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
This book picked up where Incapable left off. I gotta say, I loved it. I think what I liked about these books the most was that although there was alot of sex, there was a storyline that pulled me in and made me want to get to know the characters.

I enjoyed this book just as much as the first book, and can't wait until I can find a copy of Infinitely Mine. Definitely an author that I enjoy reading, and looking forward to more books from her in the future!
Brenda Moser
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is Emmalin and Grayson's story continued from the first book , Incapable. It's an emotional story filled with twists and turns and had me on the edge not knowing what would come next. The characters are strong and the story moves quickly and smoothly with the author leaving you hanging ... wanting more. I'm looking forward to the next book.

Donnajo
I voluntarily read a advanced reader's copy of this book

Unjustly Destroyed by Marie Skye, book two in the Incapable series. I enjoyed the characters in this series. The books are erotic but still have a strong storyline. The author knows how to pull you into the story from the first page. I look forward to reading more in the series and more book by the author.
Kim Pet
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The continuation of Emmalin and Grayson's story is hot, action packed and emotional; so just perfect! These two dig deeper in this story, and there are twists and turns that will leave you breathless and saying omg!! Well done, and I can't wait to see what happens next!
*I received an arc from the publisher through NetGalley for an honest review
Ashley Murray
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book got me teared up in parts. I felt the pain and longing emma and grayson felt throughout thr entire book. I love that no matter what obstacle stands in Emma's way and no matter who tried to destroy her, Grayson is right beside her to protect her and put her pieces back together! They have an unbreakable romance! I cant wait to keep reading more.
Tanya
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She has been running from him for so long and she thought she was finally safe and then he is there again. Now she needs to do something. She will do everything to keep those close to her even if it means giving herself up. He is not going to let her get away again. What is going on? Find out by reading

Kathleen Bradbury
When I started reading this story, I couldn't put it down. I read the book in one day.This author is an awesome writer.I cannot wait to read more of their books. Keep up the great work.You should definitely read this book.

Carol
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a rollercoaster read. The characters Grayson and Emmaline are terrific. They have so many obstacles to overcome for their HEA it is worth the read to find out if the do. I enjoyed the side characters good and bad. This book pulls you in and makes you feel. I recommend it to all. I received it from booksprout and voluntarily left my review.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Drawn To You
  • Off Limits
  • Provocative (Tempting, #3)
  • Salvatore (Benedetti Brothers #1)
  • Quiver (Quake, #2)
  • Lumbersexual
  • Destination Connelly (The Colloway Brothers, #4)
  • Blue Moon #3 (Story of Us Series - Into the Blue)
  • On the Brink (In the Zone #2.5)
  • A Beautiful Sin
  • Behind the Blindfold (A Sexy Mystery Duet)
  • Ball Peen Hammer (Morgan Brothers #1)
  • Billionaire Blackmail (Billionaire Blackmail, #1)
  • The First Taste
  • Vivienne's Guilt
  • Ignite (Wildwood, #1)
  • Like a Boss (Like a Boss, #1)
  • You and Me (A Bite-Sized Romance #1)
Marie Skye is your average career driven woman by day, and a hidden lover of all things dirty by night. Or, as she likes to say, professional by day; author whore by night.

If it's dark, and full of inappropriate material. She's attracted to it. She prefers making her character’s work for their happy ever after, if they get one, and she has no problem making sure they endure every obstacle to try t

Incapable (3 books)
  • Incapable (Incapable, #1)
  • Infinitely Mine (Incapable #3)