Start by marking “A Thousand Salt Kisses (Salt Kisses, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Thousand Salt Kisses (Salt Kisses, #1)

A Thousand Salt Kisses

(Salt Kisses #1)

Seventeen-year-old Crystal White is the new girl on Starfish Island. Dragged to the remote community by her environmental activist father, she is eager to find fun that doesn’t involve touching fish guts or listening to local folklore.

Published June 2nd 2016 by Wise Ink

To ask other readers questions about A Thousand Salt Kisses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Thousand Salt Kisses

Beautifulday4makeup The-book-and-Me
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
Yeah, this a book with mermaids and merman. I love these creatures. We follow a girl who meets a guy. In the meanwhile there are problems between her parents.
The story is quick paced and well written. I loved to way the scene was descripted and the world building!
Tuba Sayed
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
This book is about awesome sauce sea folks aka memaids and mermen and I was pretty excited when I received an arc from the publishers, let's be honest, we all love arcs, right? I am so disappointed. This is just another idea with so much potential, but when it comes to execution, (I call it "idea-slaugther") everything fell flat. From page 1, I took lots and lots of notes on stuff that didn't sit well with me, so here are a few things I'd like to point out:

I% : "My blonde hair transformed from a
Kirsty
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy via Net Galley.

I really enjoyed this book. I love mermaids and when I saw this book I was really excited and it didn't disappoint me. This is a cute romance between Llyr (a merman) and Crystal (a human). I really enjoyed the relationship between these two although I did feel that perhaps it did happen a bit too quickly. There is also the side plot of her parents separating and a company that is putting toxins into the sea.

I liked that there were other things happening in this
Anna Knutson
Apr 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from Net Galley and Wise Ink Creative Publishing for an honest review. This book kept me on my toes from start to finish. I enjoyed Crystal and Llyr and their love story. The creative twists that incorporated first love, mermaids and mermen, troubled parent relationships, and a teenager in a new town kept me entertained the entire book. I enjoyed the levity of the writing and never got bored by this story. The way Josie Demuth incorporated fantasy and coming of age ...more
Imogen (Wandered Souls)
Originally published at my blog 'Wandered Souls' and the novel was given in exchange for an honest review.

If you aren't familiar with the author , Josie Demuth, she's an author who first published on Wattpad and this is where the Salt Kisses series started and gained over 3 million reads. Which, in my opinion, is pretty amazing. And here we are with the first published novel.

If you're a lover of YA romance , like myself, then you're going to love this novel. I am mean literally fall in love with
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Attention lovers of young adult romance, this is one you’re going to want to read! Josie Demuth’s, A Thousand Salt Kisses, is a wonderful combination of fantasy, romance, and the good and bad of being a teenager. This story is about Crystal and her family that recently moved to Starfish Island. Crystal is trying to make friends and feel comfortable, but everything changes for her one night in the ocean, when she first meets Llyr. Thus begins an unexpected summer romance, along with a plot that a ...more
S Cull
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone and everyone
Recommended to S by: Wattpad
This book was amazing! I first stumbled across this book on Wattpad late at night, and decided I'd read ut until I felt tired enough to sleep. Well, it turns out that I didn't get much sleep that night. I kept telling myself, just one more chapter, then I'll sleep. So I finished it, and loved it so much that I wanted to read it again. Have you ever read a book that you liked so much you just wanted to scream at the world to read it? This book was like that. Then I found out that there was a sequ ...more
Dan
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read this series on Wattpad. It is a wonderful tale. It is about a lovely girl, Crystal, and a mysterious handsome merman - a 'mermance'. This first book of the series also has a backstory about polution in the water, and Crystal's rowing parents. It all fits together really well, and builds to an exciting, emotional and pretty suprising climax. I really look forward to the next books in the series to be published in paperback.
Carla
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
**I received a free eARC from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

I was very excited to read this, because I love stories about mermaids. And, if there's one thing I really like about those stories, is that you get to read about amazing places underwater and how these merpeople live, and it's always very entertaining to see what each author makes of it all, there are just so many possibilities! But, sadly, we don't get much of that in this book.

Crystal does meet a hands
KayleyHearts
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
(I received a copy from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review)

A Thousand Salt Kisses follows our main character Crystal as she moves to a new town and meets Llyr and everything changes. I was instantly intrigued by this book as it features mermaids and mermen. This isn't something I read about very often and so it was really refreshing and great to explore this magical world.

I read this in one sitting. From the first page I was immediately drawn into the story. I really liked Crystal and
readwithtamara
I received the copy from NetGalley for exchange for a honest review.

Let me start with the fact that I didn't like the book.
When I read the synopsis I thought I would like the book because it has mermaids and mermans, but from the start I didn't quite like it.
It's very predictable and very cliche.
The main character is a girl and she is in love with a merman who saved her life one night, and she instantly fell some attraction towards him.

I don't say that you don't read the book, maybe you would lo
Love, Celina
Aug 05, 2016 rated it liked it
3,5 stars
I think that this book has a very cute romance. Llyr is a wonderful person and honestly who wouldn't fall for an attractive and romantic merman.
Besides the romance, I found that the topic of water pollution was well incorporated into the story. It is, after all, not a fictional problem.
I found that the backstory as to how the merfolk became what they are very interesting.

The reason why I took away a star here is because Crystal was at times very.... difficult to stand. I mean she just
CiaraLovesBooks
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: teenagers
yep, loved thi s book. It is about a secret mermaid colony, and a girl called Crystal who discovers it AND has a summer romance with one of its princes... but IS he a prince? I'm guessing he probably is. The descriptions were wonderfully written (I am from where the book is set and the region is described just how it is). The ending was suspenseful and surprising. I like that we didn't hear ALL about the mer word, just interesting tasters... it leaves more for the sequel. I love the bit about cr ...more
Divya Agrawal
Sep 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: completed
A thousand salt kisses....

I did not thought I would be able to read something about mermaids and mermans. The author here is quite famous on wattpad and her book is also featured there. Still, I've not read it - being a wattpader.

I loved the book. It had strong environmental message that is not seen in nowadays books. I loved the Starfish island and the mythology she created. Pace was good too. Only thing that was off, rushed romance and predictable plot.
Cheryl
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book was a nice concept. I mean who does not enjoy mermaids and mermen. I actually had no issues with this book in the beginning. Llyr was cool. The way that he and Crystal met for the first time, of course, is a girl's dream come true. To be rescued by a handsome, mystery man. Who could blame Crystal as it was the perfect setting, the moonlight, and some magic in the air. The flirty times between Crystal and Llyr was cute. Not so romantic but "cute".

Although, as the story moved along it f
Glitter Gob
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a sweet book. For starters, the hero and heroine are so nice, lovely and gentle. I am tiring of the 'kick-ass' girl and although Crystal is no pushover, she is a bit more like a regular teenager who goes through every day things and feels real emotions. Girls her age will relate to her. I definitely did. Llyr is her love interest, and he is definitely boy goals material. It is love at first site, and each is desperate to see one another, but then come all the hurdles they must overc ...more
Marta
Oct 23, 2016 rated it liked it
2,5 *

Allow me to get this straight: I didn't hate the book, but this is just a bunch of clichés altogether.
However,I found some nice things to read about in this book. Crystal's dad, for example, was so funny to read about, acting so enthusiastically about his project!
There's also a lot of funny moments between Crystal and Rosie, and I loved all of them. And honestly, my biggest issue was the insta love.
Chloe
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: buying, wattpad-books
I absolutely loved this book!
Hannah
Aug 02, 2016 rated it did not like it
I received this book free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I hated this book. I wish I could give it a score less than one star. It was incredibly frustrating to read, mainly thanks to its false voice. As a note, when I read YA fiction, I'm reading it to see if it provides what my students need -- a good story, strong characters, values they should model -- and this book lacked all of the above.

To start, the voice: the book is set in Britain, which I didn't at first realize, but w
Celina
May 02, 2016 added it
Review posted on my blog, Ink Sigh!

SYNOPSIS

During a midnight swim with some new friends, Crystal is pulled out to sea by the waves. Convinced she’s going to drown, Crystal is rescued by Llyr, a handsome stranger. As she searches for him in the following weeks, she
Charlie
2/5 Stars

I received this digital copy in exchange for an honest review. Many thanks to Josie Demuth, Wise Ink Creative Publishing and Netgalley.

So like any girl fascinated with all things mythical and sea based, I liked the idea of reading about mermaids. So when it came to finding out it was going to be about mermen, I became quite interested because it's not often you come across books about mermen, but rather all about the maids.
First off, I will say this. I love the front cover. Simplistica
Nadine
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-review
(Thank you to NetGalley and Wise Ink Creative Publishing for a free review copy of this book.)

Chrystal is living on a small island near the english coast, her parents are having some trouble in their relationship which gets worse when her mother starts working for a company that ignores environmental issues while her father is fighting for an organization that tries to protect the environment.

One night she gets into a life threatening situation during a beach party and is saved by stunningly goo
Sigourney
Apr 18, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, for-review
Received from NetGalley for review.

DNF @ 10%

10% is hardly enough for an informative review but I’m going to gauge my eyes out if I read any more. Now let me tell you why:

This book is terribly written. It reads like a fifteen year olds piece of English coursework that I would give, maybe, a C grade. And that’s not a bad thing, if you’re a fifteen year old writing a piece of coursework. But this is published. An actual published piece of writing, and I am not okay with reading this quality of
Emily
When her drunk friend takes a swim into the sea at night, Crystal tries to rescue her only to find herself dragged further into the ocean by a current. Then, a handsome stranger appears out of nowhere to rescue her and later starts dating her. Between her new boyfriend, her parents’ fights, and an evil corporation trying to destroy the ocean, Crystal makes discoveries that will rock her world.

I picked up A Thousand Salt Kisses because mermaids are amazing and I can’t help it I love them so much
Tasya Dita
3.5/5 stars

I received a copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Nothing can get more summer-y than this. A Thousand Salt Kisses is the kind of book that just perfect for summer. It makes me want to move to an island, forget everything and just spend my summer days under the sun.

Crystal White just moved from London to small Starfish Island. When at party and she almost drowned, she
Joyce (literaryharpy)

Actual rating: 1.5 stars.
This has to be the most boring, predictable, and utterly cliche story that I have ever read. No joke.
A Thousand Salt Kisses is a story about a seventeen-year old girl named Crystal White, who, in an attempt to save her best friend from drowning, gets caught it a current and nearly drowned herself, if not for this mysterious man named Llyr, who happens to be super "hot and gorgeous" and apparently, saved her life. And he's a merman. Wow.
I didn't want to be harsh, but I
Stephanie
Crystal is the new girl in Coney Bay on Starfish Island. Her father moved the family out to the small island in order to be able to advocate for the environment against SKANX, a company that is dumping toxic waste into the Atlantic. Trying to fit into island life, Crystal goes to a beach party with her new friend Rosie. When Crystal swims out too far, she is rescued by Llyr, a mysterious guy with a mysterious name. When Crystal can’t seem to find Llyr again, or any locals who even know of him, C ...more
Carole Rae
Jun 28, 2016 rated it liked it
OOoh I certainly do have a love-hate relationship with YA books. I like them, because they are quick reads and they are fun. However, they leave me wanting more sometimes. I feel like this would have been WAY better if it wasn't a YA.

The romance was cute between Crystal and her mer-lover. However, it seemed like it was missing something. I can't really place my finger on what. It seemed so out-of-the-blue and I wasn't convinced that it wasn't a summer time fling.

Crystal was okay and so was Lly
shannonbookishlife
Jun 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Kid Disaster
no stars. did not finish at 80%

"Eugh."

welp, what a book. girl tries to save her drunk friend from drowning in the ocean, and meets an ancient celtic tribal merman... and even though he has no personality, they fall in insta love.

oh and he has a wife, but it's not like they could ever be in love... they grew up together. :P

there was a chance! every once in a while, the author touched on the idea of the history of the mermen, why they live in the sea, and how their kingdoms are divided, but these
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Lord of the Clans
  • The Truth About Fragile Things
  • Bauldr's Tears: A Retelling of Loki's Fate
  • A New Day (StrikeForce #1)
  • The Frog Prince
  • Unchained
  • Thief (Fairy Tale Bad Boys #3)
  • The Tithe
  • Banish My Heart (The Grimm Laws #1-2)
  • Flower Among the Ashes
  • Lost in La La Land
  • Of the Persecuted (Legends of the Woodlands, #1)
  • Vigilant
  • Courage and Other Demons
  • Claiming the Prince:  Book One
  • Down the Rabbit Hole (Sanctuary, #0.5)
  • The Kingdom of Eternal Sorrow (The Golden Mage, #1)
  • Disowned  (Allegiance #1)
Josie loves all things Gothic and magical, but particularly a story which is fun, intriguing and says a little something about the world.

She loves to write about weird and wonderful happenings in her home town, London, but also sets her tales in the mystical lands of the Westcountry, England.

Josie's novella Liggers and Dreamers was published by Thin Man Press in 2015, and was described as 'beaut

Salt Kisses (2 books)
  • A Thousand Salt Kisses Later (Salt Kisses, #2)