Start by marking “Taboogasm” as Want to Read:
Taboogasm

Taboogasm

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  25 ratings  ·  17 reviews
ILLUSTRATED!

Bill likes booze. He likes women. But he doesn't like to work. Luckily for Bill, if he plays the lottery, he wins.

Every single time.

What happens when a low-life starts living the high life?

What happens when a deadbeat loser becomes the luckiest man alive?

He draws some unwanted attention, naturally, from dark and powerful forces, and before he knows what's
Published July 2016 by new dollar pulp

To ask other readers questions about Taboogasm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taboogasm

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Taboogasm
Janie C.
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gregor Xane. Oh my goodness, you're like Ruby Tuesday: who couldhang a name on you? Every book you write gets consistently stranger, in the best ways possible. How can I explain this book? Is it Bizarro? Is it Genre-Free? Is it of this earth? Here's the gist: a man walks into a Burly Earle Stop & Shop, buys some lottery tickets and wins nearly a trillion dollars (alas, he is one dollar short). Man turns home into an exotically expensive playpen, meets alien at a party and escapes with hot ...more
Evans Light
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
(FULL DISCLOSURE: Gregor Xane has been a fellow contributor on several anthologies, and has become a friend over the last couple of years. That being said, our friendship was born primarily out of his stellar writing abilities, as his debut short story "It Came From Hell and Smashed the Angels" and novella Six Dead Spots absolutely blew me away and led me to seek him out. This review is my honest opinion, as free from personal bias as possible.)

I've just finished reading TABOOGASM, Gregor Xane's
Gregor Xane
Apr 28, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Taboogasm is now available in paperback and Kindle editions.

Order the Paperback:

Amazon | B&N | BAM!

Grab the Kindle Edition for 99!

Click the cover image below to read a sample.

Edward Lorn
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone with a sense of humor
Disclaimer: Gregor Xane is a good friend of mine. We speak daily. I also helped to design the layout of the cover for the hardcover edition and did the font work on the Kindle and paperback covers, although the artwork is all Mike Tenebrae's fault. And before you brush this review off as a biased review from a friend, I am overly critical of the people I surround myself with. I don't kiss anyone's ass and I sure as shit am not going to help promote someone I don't think deserves it. Gregor is ...more
Bill
Apr 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Gregor was saving up the crazy for a rainy day with Taboogasm.

It just started pouring.

If you have ever read any of Mr. Xane’s work then you know he is one hell of a writer and has a real talent for the strange and wonderfully bizarre.

I couldn’t begin to explain this one.

You will just need to read it for yourself.

You won’t regret it.
Steve
Aug 01, 2016 rated it liked it
One of the strangest books I've ever read, and I have no idea how to rate it. For now, it's three stars, but I may adjust that rating in the future.
11811 (Eleven)
Nov 04, 2016 rated it liked it
I know this dude through Goodreads and I keep reading his stuff because he's probably my favorite weird fiction writer I've come across so far. This was equal parts comedy and surreal and I prefer the more surreal stuff but I still had a trippy good time.

I still recommend The Hanover Block first among his work. I'm still in the market for a therapist just to help me with that book.
Douglas Hackle
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my first time reading Xane, and I'm impressed. Dude can write. A fun read and not your average lottery winner story, Taboogasm is zany (xany?), insane (inxane?), and a little zesty (xesty?).
Jeff French
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wtf-novels
Taboogasm is unlike anything I have ever read. If you think you know where this book is going after the first few pages, I can guarantee that you'll be wrong. If I were to try to summarize the book, it would sound ludicrous, and yet Xane somehow pulls it all together and makes it work. Entertaining and original, Taboogasm is a wild ride. Buckle up!
Daniel Barnett
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A crazy goddamn joy is what this was. I laughed. I grinned like an idiot. I laughed some more. Gregor Xane had a great time here, and when a great author has a great time, well, you know how that one goes.

You don't know?

Well, you should. And you will, if you climb aboard Taboogasm.
John Gibbons
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
A man stumbles into a convenience store for some beer and smokes. As he goes to checkout he decides to get a lottery ticket. He wins a decent amount and plays again, and keeps winning. Sounds like a lucky son of a bitch right? Well, things for Bill just keep getting weirder and weirder as this novella continues. I really want to be vague so as to not give off any of the plot. I will say this, Gregor Xane has a hell of an imagination, and I've really enjoyed reading his work. As long as he keeps ...more
Amanda
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I keep going back and forth between rating this 3 or 4 stars. I think I am going to settle on 3 and 1/2 stars. I typically, but not always, “round-up” on star ratings, and I feel this deserves a “round-up”.

This was my first book by Gregor Xane. Months ago, I noticed a goodreads friends rate and review this book. I thought the cover looked interesting, so I decided to add it to my “to-read” pile. I had some Christmas money left over, and it seemed like the perfect time to give a new author a try.
Creekbird
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If I ever win the billion dollar lottery, TABOOGASM, the movie, is priority numero uno.
Susan
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, humor, contemporary, sf
Taboogasm by Gregor Xane Bill is a sad sap. He’s usually drunk and when he’s not drunk, he’s hungover. He’s a wretch, but a very lucky wretch. He keeps winning one lottery after another. In fact, he’s gotten his sorry self banned from a few lotteries for life because he’s so lucky. Just when he thinks his life can’t get any luckier, he stumbles upon a small but determined group of aliens. Yep. This story goes from being an odd comedy to a kind of scifi horror flick. Oh, to hell with it! I’m not ...more
Marjolein
Full review to come!
Miguel Jorge
This book is something else entirely.
Not a bad thing that every new page there is a new crazy turn. But those crazy turns sometimes were too much out there, and at some point I was expecting anything. The writing is good, the book has some very good moments. But in the end was really the story that was maybe too crazy for me. I like craziness a lot, but with this book I found there is a limit for how much I can take.

Overall a good book. But yeah, kinda nuts.
Rick
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bizarro, own-pulp
This was a really fun read but since I will be leading a group read I will hold my full review until after that discussion has concluded. If I hadn't been so exhausted every night I would have finished this in just a week.
FabulousRaye
Aug 19, 2016
David
Aug 22, 2016

• Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 4 [Tokyo Guru 4] (Tokyo Ghoul, #4)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 3 [Tokyo Guru 3] (Tokyo Ghoul, #3)
  • The Winter People
  • Tokyo Ghoul, Tome 1 (Tokyo Ghoul, #1)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 2 [Tokyo Guru 2] (Tokyo Ghoul, #2)
  • Black Siren (Black Planet Book 0)
  • The Immortal Body
I prefer science fiction, fantasy, and horror without the spaceships, dragons, and zombies.

Add your e-mail address to my New Release Mailing List. I'll send you a short story.

Brides of Hanover Block was released on 11/2/2019!

The Kindle edition of The Hanover Block is now only 99!

Order Now!

“But the thing is, I have a great deal of undesirable traits that I was hoping never to pass on to another human being. Or” 4 likes