Start by marking “Firestorm (The Sword of Light Trilogy #2)” as Want to Read:
Firestorm (The Sword of Light Trilogy #2)

Read Book

Firestorm

(The Sword of Light Trilogy #2)

The Gods have fallen.
The Three Nations are in chaos.
Archon is coming.

The company are surrounded, trapped on the blood-soaked sands of Malevolent Cove. With them they carry the only hope of the Three Nations: Enala, wielder of the Sword of Light. But the girl is mad, catatonic, her mind lost in a chasm of grief. She lies helpless before the power of Archon.

Meanwhile,
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 350 pages
Published June 14th 2016 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Firestorm, please sign up.
Aaron Hodges Thanks for your question Glyndon! I'm working on it right now - in fact the first draft should be finished by the end of the week. All going well, the…moreThanks for your question Glyndon! I'm working on it right now - in fact the first draft should be finished by the end of the week. All going well, the third book should be available come the first week of December! (less)

Start your review of Firestorm (The Sword of Light Trilogy #2)
Kevin Potter
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this as part of the collected edition. See my review of the trilogy as a whole at https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Loralee
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this in exchange for an honest review.

The first paragraph of a story can either get a reader eagerly wanting more, or get a reader to put a book down in disgust, and walk away. While establishing story questions is good, too much confusion can frustrate a reader. In the first paragraph, this sentence: “Bursts of flame licked the treetops as the beasts circled, great eyes staring down at them.” Is quite confusing. Who are “them”? That should be a question that is answered
Iwannazombie
She's just a girl... no, she's a bada**... no, wait, she's not. He's a bad guy... no, wait, he's not. Eric's an idiot... yep, still an idiot.
J C Steel
Oct 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Firestorm opens in the aftermath of a battle, with a flight of dragons about to descend to claim vengeance for their fallen kin. If Eric and his small band of adventurers manage to convince the dragons not to kill them, they still need to find a way to get themselves, and the single heir to the magic of the Trolan royal line, to Kalgan and the Sword. Without the Sword in the hands of a Trolan royal, nothing stands between the demons and control of the Three Nations – and the demons are well ...more
Stephen
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Gods have fallen. The Three Nations are in chaos. Archon is coming. The company are surrounded, trapped on the blood-soaked sands of Malevolent Cove. Desperate and alone, they carry with them the final hope of the Three Nations. Her name is Enala and she is the last wielder of the Sword of Light. But the girl is mad, her mind lost in a chasm of grief. She lies helpless before the power of Archon. Meanwhile, Eric is close to mastering his magic. But with his master gone, there is no one left ...more
Cute Kawaii
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like the book, the story is predictable but it is entertaining.
Angela Kay
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Although I believe this series can be read out of order, I’m glad I read the first before getting to Firestorm. I managed to learn the nature of the characters so I could even appreciate their growths even more. The second book in the Sword of Light series picks up where it left off in Stormweilder while giving us just enough of a glimpse to its predecessor for those that decide not to read in order.

We’re reacquainted with old friends, while some of them, including Eric’s mentor, Alastair, meets
Zachary
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Aaron Hodges Sword of Light Trilogy is pretty classic fantasy. The stakes increase a little more with each book, and this one has quite a wicked cliff-hanger. That said, you'll want to read the first book of the trilogy before diving into this one. Hodges gives enough backstory so you won't get lost, but some of the character arcs can't really be summarized adequately.

I found myself quite taken with the main characters in the story. Their plight drew me in during the first book and Hodges'
The Mysterious Reader
I really loved Stormweilder, the first book in Aaron Hodges’ The Sword of Light trilogy. Now, in Firestorm (book 2), Elena and Eric’s separate adventures continue. This is an exciting book and an important part of what’s becoming a truly epic tale. Once again well written and with a plot with everything one would want, be it demons, gods, battles or intrigue, plus a really surprising twist. But for the fact that I’m literally dictating this review to my husband from my hospital bed I could go on ...more
Holly Lenz
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Firestorm is the fantastic second book in the epic Sword of Light Trilogy. The book is a real page turner with lots of action and a cliffhanger ending that will leave the reader eager for the next book. I would strongly recommend getting the trilogy, because you will definitely want to read all three books.

The narrator of the audiobook does a very good job.

Suitable for teens and adults. May be too violent for younger audiences.

I received a complimentary copy of this audiobook. This is my
Scott
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness i thought book one was good... wow. If you haven't red this book then you are missing out on a great experience. even if you dont like "fantasy " you should read this . Thees books are well written with well developed characters , fast moving story , twist , turns and suspense. mr Hodges has made it into my top ten favorite authors . now i just have to find a copy of book 3. cant wait .
Michael Shelton
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
The action is nearly constant, and the plot gets deeper. New skills are learned and revealed. Someone isn't you you think they are.Triumph and death are pretty much hand in hand through out this installment of the Sword of Light Trilogy.

I'm glad I picked up both of the remaining books after finishing the first book. For lovers of a good story, interesting characters who grow and evolve and surprises around every corner, you will enjoy this book.
Roger
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My fourth read/listen from author Aaron Hodges. I'm on an Aaron Hodges binge I read this in a day, it was attention-grabbing and enjoyable as is all Hodge's writings. The second book in the Sword of Light series. I look forward to the next book in the series. Aaron Hodges has moved up on my TBR list and since I own 8 books by him that won't be a problem. On to Soul Blade book 3 and the conclusion of the trilogy.
Tony Fecteau
The intensity of the action in this book did not let up. If there was a little break it would have made the story a little more palatable. Enjoying the character development but not enjoying the hopelessness so much.
Joanna E Girardin
Aug 29, 2017 rated it liked it
A Pretty Good Read...

This has the makings of a really good story. However, you really need an editor. There are lots of errors scattered throughout the book, which can be very distracting, and many of them can be easily fixed with a simple spell check, if nothing else.
Adam
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I know it’s a common trait to have our heroes in fantasy face overwhelming odds and triumph... but here we are reaching almost sadistic levels of beating down our heroes, who never actually win anything... they just survive to be beat down again... gets a bit old.
Gayreth Walden
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Exciting

As the story continues, Eric learns more about his power and how to use it. Eric and his companions fight to defeat the evil trying to take over their world. This story is great, with many surprises. A must read. Now for book 3.
Andrew
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mid
Recommended to Andrew by: Middle-schoolers
The author is in love with his thesaurus, but gets stuck on some words. The book isn't terrible, but it is far from great.
Kevin Hanks
Double meh.
A.F. Grappin
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than book 1, but still had a couple plot reveals that had me rolling my eyes at the clichés.
Jill Urbanek Gauger
Heart stopping action. The Gods are dying. Can Eric and Enala defeat the demon and save the world? This book was full of heroes and sacrifices for the greater good.
Gia
***For the full review, check out my blog post here. ****

Firestorm picks up immediately after where book one last left off, following Eric and his team's bittersweet victory of finally locating the sole surviving descendant of Aria, Enala, but at a great cost for all of them. This small victory seems to dim in the realization that the growing darkness unleashed by Archon and his followers is only just the beginning and is more deeply rooted in the hearts and minds of once thought to be trusted
Jodi
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Action packed!

A great middle to this trilogy. I am on to book 3 immediately! I can't wait to find out what happens.
P.S.W. Gear
Sep 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was provided by the author in exchange for an unbiased review.

Firestorm picks up immediately where Stormwielder ended. Allistair’s quest is complete, having found and saved the last heir to the Sword of Light, Enala. The Sword is the only weapon humanity has left to defeat the dark lord Archon. However, the victory has come at great cost with Allistair’s death at the hand of a traitor and the goddess Antonia’s power stolen by the demon Thomas, Archon’s harbinger.

And woe to the
~ Rose ~ ☯Desert Rose❀
My Review
4 Roses

Good Sequel.

This book picks up where the first book left off, and dives right into the story. This one seemed to have far more action and excitement, adding quite a bit of depth to the story. The characters also grew more than in the first book, which was a relief. It even had a bit of humor to it, which I always enjoy.

I was able to get into this book far more than the prequel. The author seemed to have found a sort of groove, and feel for the story overall. I do love when that happens, and am
Steve Caldwell
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The story continues as Aeric and his companions deal with the death of the gods as they struggle to find the only weapon that can help them possibly hold off the Dark Lord Archon and his army of dark monsters and demons. With plenty of intrigues, setbacks, reunions and revelations, this book never lets you rest for a second. The characters are all further fleshed out, and the story has a lot of twists, turns and surprises in store for you. Any fan of epic fantasy or coming of age stories will ...more
Rem
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Exciting read

I had no issues with the story but I keep getting distracted by grammar and spelling issues. For example, with the use of to and too, alter instead of altar. And in location 4117, "Enala is not the only ancestor of Thomas' sister, Aria." Shouldn't it be descendant? Some may view this just a small thing but I think editing could have been better.

But I did enjoy the story and I'm looking forward to book 3.
Al Burke
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I listened to this before I read the first in the series, but this is a thoroughly enjoyable tale, written well and exciting throughout. Heck, I wish I'd written it.
Michael Peterson
Jan 10, 2018
Kunal
Sep 08, 2016

• Cephrael's Hand (A Pattern of Shadow & Light, #1)
  • The Dagger of Adendigaeth (A Pattern of Shadow & Light, #2)
  • Midnight Son
  • A Warrior's Path (The Castes and the Outcastes, #1)
  • The Tattered Banner (Society of the Sword, #1)
  • Paths of Alir (A Pattern of Shadow & Light, # 3)
  • Hallow Wood (Furyck Saga, #4)
  • The Huntsman's Amulet (Society of the Sword, #2)
  • The Telastrian Song (Society of the Sword, #3)
  • Weremage (Nightblade Epic, #5)
  • Deceptions (Ascendant, #3)
  • The Spear of Stars (The Cycle of Galand #5)
  • A Warrior's Knowledge (The Castes and the OutCastes #2)
  • Junkyard Cats
  • The Name of All Things (A Chorus of Dragons, #2)
  • A Warrior's Penance (The Castes and the OutCastes, #3)
  • Interview with the Robot
  • Tribe
Aaron Hodges was born in 1989 in the small town of Whakatane, New Zealand. He studied for five years at the University of Auckland, completing a Bachelor's of Science in Biology and Geography, and a Masters of Environmental Engineering. After working as an environmental consultant for two years, he now spends his time traveling the world in search of his next adventure.

The Sword of Light Trilogy (3 books)
  • Stormwielder  (The Sword of Light #1)
  • Soul Blade (The Sword of Light Trilogy #3)
“fingers clenched around the pommel of her sword. The blade trembled in her hand. Pressure swelled in her chest, her frustration bubbling within. Then she took a deep breath,” 0 likes