Start by marking “Your Body, Your Yoga: Learn Alignment Cues That Are Skillful, Safe, and Best Suited To You” as Want to Read:

Yoga is big business today, and teacher training programs are booming. Yoga teachers have a thirst for anatomy training, but all books on yoga anatomy focus solely on the muscles. Your Body, Your Yoga goes beyond any prior yoga anatomy book available. It looks not only at the body’s unique anatomical structures and what this means to everyone’s individual range of motion,
Published April 12th 2016 by Wild Strawberry Productions

To ask other readers questions about Your Body, Your Yoga, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Body, Your Yoga

Start your review of Your Body, Your Yoga: Learn Alignment Cues That Are Skillful, Safe, and Best Suited To You
Jitka Egressy
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing. Not only for yogis. This book is for everyone who wants to use body better
Anneke Rondonuwu
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If i could mark 10 stars, i would! This is an anatomy book that all yoga teachers should read
Bethany
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book me 8 months to get through but for good reason, it has a ton of detailed and valuable information. Anyone teaching yoga needs to read this book. This book is by far one of the most valuable books I have read as a teacher and it now has changed the way I teach, not only people attending my classes but my own personal practice.
Amanda
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
IMHO, a *must* for anyone seeking to teach yoga! Delves deeply into the ways we are all different and alignment looks and feels different for every body.
Erin Stewart
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a really good reference. The best parts are the ones that focus on human variation, the reasons for the variations, and how to adapt your yoga practice to suit those variations instead of working towards an impossible and/or aesthetic goal to look like a yoga textbook model. I'll be definitely reading the next volume. That said, I did find a lot of the book quite dry and sometimes repetitive, I think it's a really valuable book but it is a lot to get through (which may be why it took me ...more
Keri Michalski
Jul 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Disappointed that this book stops at the lower body. It appears that you need to purchase a subsequent volume in order for that to be included - seems deceiving/misleading.
Linda
Oct 26, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't get through it -- meant for instructors more than the lay yoga person. In fact, I gave it to one of my instructors.
Teresacooks
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Incredibly interesting and incredibly technical... A bit too technical for me as a non science person who is not a yoga teacher.
Charles
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great to read a lucid, well researched yoga book that says that bodies are different so guess what: alignments are different! Go, Bernie!
Cloay
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nlb-sg, yoga-pilate, ebook
- available in SG NLB 613.7046 (Sengkang)
Jenny
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
yamiyoghurt
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: yoga
Awesome, awesome, awesome book.

This book gives a really good introduction to the anatomy of yoga - not the dumbed down version. This is precisely the book I've been searching for, one that would give me a primer to understand the biomechanics of yoga. I'm looking forward to the next volume!
Kimberly
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good book to go over anatomy. great reference regarding what muscles are being used and how to not over strain muscles. good reference book
Dmitry Tumanov
Aug 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great book with tons of knowledge. Requires a thorough understanding of human anatomy to comprehend.
Mr K Baine

• Gratitude Works!: A Twenty-One-Day Program for Creating Emotional Prosperity
  • The Bhagavad Gita
  • Anatomy Trains: Myofascial Meridians for Manual and Movement Therapists
  • Seashaken Houses: A Lighthouse History from Eddystone to Fastnet
  • Was man von hier aus sehen kann
  • Necroscope II: Vamphyri! (Necroscope, #2)
  • Necroscope (Necroscope #1)
  • Narrative Exposure Therapy: A Short-Term Treatment for Traumatic Stress Disorders
  • Anatomy of Fitness: Yoga: The Trainer's Inside Guide to Your Workout