Start by marking “Our Song (Phoenix Springs, #1)” as Want to Read:
Our Song (Phoenix Springs, #1)

Our Song

(Phoenix Springs #1)

Becca:
I broke up with Trip four months ago. But with the exception of my parents, I haven’t told anyone why. Not my friends, not my little sister, not even Asher.

Asher:
I’ve been missing my best friend every day for the last nine months. Even though Becca broke up with Trip months ago, she’s still been distant, even when we’re in the same room.

Trip:
She thinks sh/>
Published May 31st 2016 by From the Ashes Press

To ask other readers questions about Our Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Song

Start your review of Our Song (Phoenix Springs, #1)
Lenore Kosinski
May 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

3.5 stars — I received a free copy in exchange for an honest and unbiased review/opinion.

This was a case of a book not fitting me personally. It had a lot going for it, and I think for the right reader it’s going to be a total hit. I’ll get the misses over with first, and then I’ll tell you about all the good stuff.

For me, it was sort of a matter of not being able to relate to the characters. While this book addresses a very serious issue (and does so brilliantly
Staci
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dear literary world, I present you with your next one click author!

I absolutely love this book! I don't want to say too much so I will just give you a short teaser review.

Becca and Asher were best friends once. Then she began dating Trip and she changed. During that time she didn't hang out with anyone except Trip. Not only that, but something inside of her was different. She was more reserved. Almost scared. Asher missed his best friend during this time. They could alway
FMR Book Grind
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ERIN'S REVIEW
5 STARS

Alison
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to be given an ARC by Ashley so I had the benefit of reading this wonderful story ahead of publication. All I can say is wow! This a debut novel, I can’t wait to see what flows from the author next!

From the very first moment when we meet Becca and Asher there is a protective surge as the reader is pulled in. This is beautifully written without feeling gushy. Becca is a young lady with her whole life ahead of her, she excels at a lot of things, sport, music etc but the
Kristan
Jun 07, 2016 rated it liked it
I thought this was a beautiful, eye opening novel that can help so many people in the same situation and just help everyone in general understand a little more about emotional and mental abuse and how it's just as bad a physical abuse!
This story was beautifully written and had me laughing, bringing a tear to my eye, making me angry and happy. It brought all the feels.
Asher was so bloody perfect, I would probably melt into a puddle of goo if a guy was like that with me!! He was so swe
Farah
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have to confess. I don't usually read many YA contemporary books.
I find it hard to find a good one. This was one of the most emotion and beautiful books I have ever read. A wonderful rollercoaster ride...
The feel you get in this book!

I curl up so tight in the shell of my blanket in that special nook carved out in my chair, so tight that everything else melts away. It's just me and the blanket and the book. Just me and my shell. The world blurs and every word on the page
Kirsty Stanley
I read this book in a few hours and found myself becoming really attached to the characters of Becca and Asher. Two best friends thrown back together on a family holiday to the lakes after a period of estrangement caused by Becca's now ended relationship with the controlling Trip. The book is told from both their perspectives with occasional interruptions from Trip.

This is, at its heart, a cute love story between friends who support each other to be themselves, but with a backdrop of
Erin Paige Bixby
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
5 stars
This story was wonderful. I loved the storyline and the characters. The story deals with some very real, very emotional problems. It is very well researched and written. Becca and Asher will pull you in immediately. The relationship that they have is incredible. They both have very high values and stick to their guns. Becca is slowly coming back to herself and the strong woman she was destined to be. Asher is by her side and helps her instead of trying to solve the problems for her.
Ashley
Jun 04, 2016 rated it liked it
So this book was kind of a contradiction for me... I feel like it moved super quickly, and I would have liked it to start maybe earlier instead of seeing the abuse in flashbacks. I think it may have had more of an impact on me. However, I think there was too much detail as well. We got very very detailed descriptions of every single board game they played, and that was unnecessary in my opinion. Also, I didn't really feel the chemistry between the two main characters, but I was very interested i ...more
Stacey Hashimoto
Jun 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved Our Song by Ashley Bodette!!!! It was such a cute story with a hint of darkness. It has some real hard issues addressed but I loved it and I know many women who have been through this and I can only pray everyone can get an ending like Becca's!

I highly recommend this story to anyone who wants a sweet read with a bit of suspense!!!

Congrats Ashley!!! I loved ur 1st book and enjoyed falling in love w ur characters!!!
Michell Hall casper
Jun 01, 2016 rated it liked it
This is Ashley Bodette's debut, I give this book 3.5 stars. Hard subject matter and may not be for everyone.

I really enjoyed the storyline and the message this book is trying to help people more aware of. I enjoyed the characters created and the banter between Asher and Becca. Also I loved the how much strength the author gave Becca at the end.

Even though there was some tuff subject matter this was a fun, sweet read. Not a bad first book!!
Barbara Leuthe
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very moving story.Date abuse is such a serious topic and this book put it in a perspective to get help and not be ashamed .people are there to help and understand.Asher was so supportive in this story and truly helped Becca to survive and grow. I received this book free as part of goodreads giveaways
Ashley
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote this, so I guess I'm a bit biased. :) I love Becca and Asher, and I hope others can relate to their story.
Selle
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Feel-good light reading... it was an eye-opener that even abuse can happen in a dating relationship..
Amanda Leigh
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
It took me much longer to read this than I would have liked. May was a busy month and I kept battling between reading books and writing my own. But I took today to finish this book and I'm glad that I did!

I knew from the second I heard about this book that I was going to have to read it. So when I was chosen to receive an ARC I was so happy. This book tackles an important subject and one that is often glossed over. Abuse. Specifically, dating abuse. Often people can be led to believe
Liz
Jun 01, 2016 added it
Anna
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
A girl should be two things: who she wants and what she wants
- Coco Chanel

Becca Haines and Asher Sorenson have been best friends forever... well, they were until Becca started dating Trip and she changed. But she has finally broken up with Trip, and the Haines and Sorenson families are off on holiday together. Will spending time together help them get back to the way things were? Is friendship all Asher wants from Becca? And is Becca ready to trust again?

I love this book, I
Jenn
May 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult, two
Becca and Asher were best friends for years until she started dating Trip. Asher noticed she was more withdrawn and had lost her spark. Becca dumped Trip months ago but she's still distant with Asher. With both of their families vacationing at the cabin before school starts up again, Asher learns what happened between Becca and Trip and hopes that their own friendship can grow.

This touched on emotional and mental abuse within a relationship, and when I say "touched" I mean like if yo
Babbling Chatter  Reads
For a debut novel this author has potential. It was not a bad start and it dealt with a subject matter that could be difficult to acknowledged in a relationship let alone people that you would prefer not anyone knowing or getting involved. This ★★★✩ 3.5 stars read will make you aware of what exists in some relationships today.

Although I was not reacting to the characters of Becca, Asher, and Trip as I would have liked (it could have been the timeline of events or it could be how quick things pr
Jun 06, 2016 rated it did not like it
the blurb of this book grabbed my attention straight away and i couldnt wait to read it. but now after reading it i wish i hadnt of bothered. for an author to want to make a first impression this book is nowhere near going to do that job. i thought they was older not 16 17 year olds. the characters are so perfect and they dont work with the story. the bad boy meh all you see is glimpses of him. the story although it deals with a sensitive it would of been better jumping a few years after. the ga ...more
Heidi
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Heidi I loved Our Song by Ashley Bodette! It's a love story you immediately are cheering for starting on the first page. I love how Asher supports Becca to stand up for herself! Love the writing style Ashley chose for this story so you could get relate to each character.
Brenda Thayer
Apr 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very good story about a vet important topic in the dating world!
Kasey Krie
Hanne Berghmans
rated it it was ok
Sep 24, 2019
Klades
rated it did not like it
Oct 22, 2016
Coral
Jul 09, 2017
Nicole
May 09, 2016
nicola hammal
Sep 30, 2017

• When Sorrows Come
  • Miles from Kara (Charleston Haven, #2)
  • Hold Me Tight (Take Me Now, #3)
  • Last Chance Proposal
  • His Frozen Heart (Brewer Brothers #1)
  • Hers to Choose (Verdantia, #2)
  • I Found You (Starting Out #1)
  • Accountable to None (Eviscerating the Snake, #1)
  • Fight for Her: Volume 2 (Fight for Her, #2)
  • When the Bough Breaks
  • Fury (Fierce, #1.5)
  • Olivia Twisted (Olivia Twisted, #1)
  • Fearless (Forever, #7)
  • Remember Me (Find Me, #2)
  • With Visions of Red (With Visions of Red: Broken Bonds #1)
  • When Mountains Move (Into the Free #2)
Ashley Bodette is a soon-to-be MA publishing graduate from Kingston University London. She started her venture into the book world as a book blogger, never imagining that one day she'd write a book. Now, you couldn't stop her from writing if you tried.

Along with writing and providing editing and other author services, you also might find Ashley crocheting, watching British television shows

Phoenix Springs (3 books)
  • Her Relevé (Phoenix Springs, #2)
  • My Reverie (Phoenix Springs, #3)