Start by marking “Sun and Moon” as Want to Read:
Sun and Moon

Sun and Moon

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  35 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
There is nothing in life that eighteen year old Zara craves more than her freedom. Stolen from her home in Cadrebia at the age of eight, Zara has spent more years than she cared to admit as a slave to the Tankadesh courts. Her days are filled with protecting the princess, while she spends nights entertaining the king and his officials with her mastery of weapons. Any spare ...more
Published April 28th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Sun and Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sun and Moon

Carrie
Jul 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: publisher-arc
Zara was stolen from her home in Cadrebia at the age of eight and made to become a slave to the Tankadesh courts. She has spent the last ten years protecting the princess and entertaining the king and his officials with her mastery of weapons while she has tried to plot her escape.

Now on her eighteenth birthday her time to escape is coming close Zara finds herself obtaining her mark that will link her to her lifemate. Zara sees this as trading one type of prison for another so when a stranger a
Felicia [Felicia's Ink(t)]
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, 4-star, arcs
"I'm my own personal lamp."

I received this book through XpressoBooks as a review opportuniy. I got it in exchange for an honest review. I’m thanking XpressoBooks for granting me the wish and providing me with the copy of this book.

This is a really cute fantasy book. And I say cute, because the romance in this book is so darn cute =]

This book read very easily, which I like. I read this book as an ARC gotten through XpressoBooks. I am glad, though, that I read this book. Before I checked the websi
Amber Stokes
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love the way Desiree Williams writes romance! The heroes and heroines in her fantasy novels (at least the ones I've experienced so far) always have these deep, tender, fun, and loyal connections. There seems to be a theme of arranged/appointed matches (of a sort) in these stories, and it's intriguing to watch the characters decide how they're going to react to their potential partner and whether they're willing to open up to the possibility of true love.

I believe the beginning of Sun and Moon
Di
Actual Rating - 3.5 stars
Source: Xpresso Book Tours

I'm not sure where my expectations truly lay when I received this book. In truth I think I expected a lighter version of a 'Loveswept' novel and this was both more than that and less than that. This is such a wholesome story - there's no graphic sex scenes or even innuendo which is sweet and refreshing. In fact - the whole novel was sweet - perhaps a little too much so.

This is not a long book but it does manage to combine a unique fantasy wor
Laura A. Grace
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sun and Moon was such an interesting story! I loved the settings and the descriptions of clothing. Desiree gave such beautiful details of the sun and moon emblems as well as Zara's clothing that I was awed by it all.

I also liked the way Zara and Jaedon's relationship bloomed. There was quite a bit of action and tension that had me glued to the page. It was a bonus to have a little bit of mystery thrown in surrounding the action that left me feeling even more on edge for Zara's safety.

Lastly, I
Tricia Mingerink
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I had my eye on this book since it released, and now that I've read it, I can't believe it took me even that long to read it! It is amazing!

The main plotline of this book is the romance, but the author manages to balance enough action, mystery, adventure, and really awesome worldbuilding as well so the romance doesn't get dull or take over too much. While there is some kissing and standard romantic elements, it stays, in my opinion at least, on the sweeter side rather than get too steamy. Perfe
Shelley
Jul 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
*Source* Xpresso Book Tours
*Genre* Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5-4

*MY Thoughts*

In the land of Cadrebia, lives 22-year old Jaedon. He is the Prime Regent of Cadrebia who has been hoping for FOUR years to be Marked. The Mark indicates that the Giver of Life has matched him to his lifemate. His lifemate is supposed to be the next Royal Sun who was born on the same day. When the Giver of Life also sends him a warning that his lifemate is in danger, Jaedon, and his FOUR Minor Governors set out to Tankadesh to
Cathrine Bonham
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-met-the-author
The story was really good.

In Cadrebia everyone is assigned a lifemate after they both come of age. This assignment comes from their God the Light Giver.

Zara is a Cadrebian slave in a neighboring land. On her eighteenth birthday she receives the mark of assignment on her palm. Will this mean her freedom from slavery or merely a new form of bondage?

This is not a typical romance. The plot was complex with plenty of action and intrigue to keep the pages turning.

The ending was wrapped up rather hu
Alyssa
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
so this is my very first book by this author, and only 50 pages in, and DESIREE WILLIAMS, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY HEARTSTRINGS! She dives us head first into such emotions and I'm deeply attached to these characters already!

update: After finishing this book, I still love it. This author did such a beautiful job on this book, and I can not wait to read more by her! I am still a bit confused by the magic of it, but it totally works in this setting! well done Desiree!
deb
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My heart sings after reading Sun and Moon. Any book that makes you think about your Creator more, any book that makes you fall deeper and deeper in love with Him and any book that makes you want to embrace the calling that the Giver of Life has placed upon you is a magnificent book. So, yes, my heart sings, dances and shouts thank you for being able  to take this journey with Jaedon and Zara.
Booklingcritics
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. From the cover to the story, it is fun and exciting.
Laurin
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Sun and Moon. I must have, since I devoured it in just a day :) I found it to be a unique and wonderful concept, and thought Desiree's smooth writing definitely did the idea justice. It made my heart flutter, made me laugh, made me tear up, all of it! Can't wait to read another book by Desiree Williams :)
Sara James
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great book. Full review later.
Charlotte S
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
For my full review, please visit Charlotte the Book Sniffer

I received an advanced reader copy of this book from Xpresso Tours in exchange for an honest review.
This in no way influences my opinions.

I honestly wasn't really sure what to expect when I began to read Sun and Moon. I was a little confused by the synopsis of the book and wasn't too sure that I'd enjoy reading the story.

However, I actually loved the ideas and plot of this story. It was a fantastic idea and it lead to me being really cap
Anna Moseley
Originally posted on Wordpress

I am a sucker for lifemate/soulmate stories and this seemed like it would cover all the bases with a fair bit of politics in a high fantasy setting. Sign me up. Needless to say, I was thrilled when I was approved for a review copy. Due to the strong start, but weak finish and a few unanswered questions I gave this book 3 stars.

The romance in this story was exactly as promised. Zara is the sun to her lifemate’s moon, and as someone who has been enslaved for nearly a
Pauline Ang
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-ebook
When I first read the synopsis for Sun and Moon, I was immediately drawn into reading it. I really love reading stories with elements of fantasy, royalty, and lifemates, so imagine my happiness when I saw that all these three were in this story.

And, I was not disappointed.

I found the entire story interesting, and I especially liked how the plot flowed. While I found it a little bit too perfect, like how Zara seemed like a nobody suddenly found herself being the center of everything. I also think
Della Loredo
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this fantasy in which two people, chosen for each other by the Light Giver, must find each other and negotiated some difficult problems to claim the future they're meant for. The characters are interesting, the story takes you places you don't expect, and it all becomes a really fun read.
michelle
Frances D Napier
Mar 05, 2017
Jerrod Tune
Jan 17, 2017
Desiree Williams is a dreamer by day and chocoholic by night. She lives in the beautiful state of Kentucky with her husband and daughter, where she juggles life as a wannabe supermom. Desiree is a lover of food and avoider of dirty dishes. She delights in making people laugh and strives to bring hope and love with her wherever she goes.
More about Desiree Williams...