Start by marking “Just One Night” as Want to Read:

Just One Night

A hot body will only take him so far...

Theo Cooper just wants to find his place in life, but despite his outer veneer of confidence, he’s filled with doubts about whether he can truly find happiness. A homophobic father and an ex-fiancé who likes to sleep around have shaken his faith in himself. Walking in on his ex in bed with Theo’s replacement is the last straw, and now
Published April 26th 2016 by LoveLight Press

To ask other readers questions about Just One Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just One Night

Start your review of Just One Night
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Some amateur writing mistakes mar this story, a story that could have been elevated above mistakes if it had begun with the rent boy premise and then went elsewhere. But it didn't. The whole thing skeezed me out, and that made the mistakes even more glaring because I had nothing else to focus on to keep me sane.

I'm not going to write out all the mistakes I highlighted because, quite frankly, I'm tired of writing reviews right now. But I will ask one question; how, exactly, does a person place a
Kristan
I hated Theo.

description

I know, I know. I'm meant to feel bad for him since we meet him coming face to face with his ex and ex's new fling in their bed. But he's so damned full of himself that I lost all sympathy for him by page 6.
He didn't blame them. He had a nice ass. He had pictures of it on Instagram with thousands of Likes and a ton of reposts on Tumblr. Guys had pictures of his naked torso and rock-hard abs posted to their virtual walls with captions such as "Goals!"
and
A lot of guys on the
Kendra T
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Theo has just had an awful break up with a complete jerk. He is floating through anger, sadness, and fear as he tries to figure out what he is going to do now that he has to find a place of his own. He has no qualms about playing the field. Elliot is a super shy IT guy who prefers video games to personal interaction. Although he would love to be with someone, his nerves always took over and he never had an opportunit
Jacq ~
May 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Cute read! Kind of not so rich, Cinderfella's and pretty women all in one. ...more
Suzanne Ellis
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for a fair review:
I fell in love with Theo Cooper as I watched (ok, "read"...but it felt like I was watching) his ex, Douchebag...I mean Reid, treat him with such contempt and disregard. He held his head up and handled himself with grace, even as he was slowly losing it inside for so many reasons, not the least of which was why he seemed to be so unlovable and where he was going to be living now that Reid had replaced him with Larry....ok Lane. He decid
J
May 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. M/M. If you can get past the cheesy cover and the first little bit of the book which is fairly boring. I found this to be a great story. We have a hunky college student who looks good but really hasn't found his way in life yet. His father, disgusted when he learns his son is gay, wants him to toughen up by joining the military like his brother did and refuses to loan him enough money to finish school and move into an apartment of his own after his boyfriend ditches him.

A female frien
Rachel
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given this book free in exchange for a h onset review.

This book is a sweet romance. It's low on angst but it has feeling. The Mcs are well written and i feel there was a good connection between them.
The majority of the book was based on just one night. A mutual friend tried to help both of the MCs out. It worked out in a way but there was problems.
The book flowed and had good pace I thought it was well written and still felt fresh even if it was a storyline I had read a few times. There
Evie
Apr 30, 2016 added it
This was a wonderful story, I fell in love with Theo and Elliot right from the start. Watching them navigate the stages of love was like watching a butterfly transformation. It was supposed to be one night, orchestrated by a mutual friend, but oh boy, did they get so much more This is a real feel good story with just enough angst to keep it from being too sappy.
This is my first time reading this author and I have to say I'm hooked. I look forward to reading more of his work.
I received an ARC fo
Wicked
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
3.5 rounded up because it was cute. Nothing very new or different but the writing was easy and the characters were likeable. Extra credit for not making the female into a brainless wretch or an evil villian. I stumbled over this on KU and it was a pleasant surprise.
Jess
May 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
The beginning was a little slow but once they met i fell in love with them and this story. Its a kindle unlimited book so read for free
Shirley
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg, I loved Theo and Elliott!!

This is the first book that I've read by this author, but it won't be my last. Theo thought he was giving Elliott a first experience, but it was Elliott who showed Theo the man he used to be before Reid. Loved this book! You have a new fan Mr. Cole, lol!
Libby
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Alright

The book was okay nothing to extensive. It’s just Theos life is just so sad and pathetic I was waiting for him to you know a good job, and I’m team petty, stick it to his ex and father but none of that happened. Yeah he found a new boyfriend but he still wasn’t on his own two feet. I just wanted theo to show the world how smart and great he could have been.
Lucrecia
Just One Night

Nice story. Short though and as it often goes with short stories, things happened too fast. No time to bond. No time to care.
It was nice. I wanted it to be more; maybe sweet, sexy, fun... something else, something more. It was just... not quite.
Denise GremoryKohta
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These characters were so realistic. Each one different from the others. Even Theo's jerk of a father. Would love to read more from this author. ...more
thebloggerandthegeek
Literally ONE NIGHT, the book plot is developed in only one night which didn't make me fall in love with these characters and the unrealistic aspect of the plot. ...more
Kobie
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Paging an editor...I'm on Chapter 3 and the MCs haven't met yet. Chapter 6, they've met, but I'm skimming already. DNF at 38%. ...more
Candice
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
1.5 Stars rounded up because I finished it

This book...
Yeah no photo: NO. tumblr_inline_n76dav5n831qkkkbx.gif

First off, let me start with Brianna:
Stupid bitch photo: STUPID BITCH StupidBitcj_zpsf7bef965.gif
 photo slap that bitch_zpsh8grnqdj.gif

Theo:
I hate you photo: you're tacky and i hate you tumblr_m13he3dMnG1r5zq6ao2_500.gif

photo Hilary Duff_zpssykydpcy.gif

Elliott:
You're dumb photo: youre unbelievable d118c9d7.gif

photo tumblr_lve28jEqVs1qfqzs8o1_500_zps18eab1be.gif

Okay, now without all the GIFs. Seriously. This book pissed me off so much. I hated Theo. He was a conceited bastard and he made himself look like a jackass. The whole hallway scene was pathetic.

With friends like Brianna who needs enemies? Did she really think her doing what she did was smart? She's supposed to be friends with both Theo and Elliott, but what kind
Brad Lane
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a great read! Sure, it's a story we've read and seen before (Pretty Woman, etc.), but the characters really made the story and the writing was great. This is one I will definitely read again.

Brianna, the daughter of a wealthy man, has 2 GBF's who have never met. Elliot is an IT geek who is extremely shy. At 27, he's still a virgin. Theo is exiting a two year relationship that ended badly. He is still in college after 7 years, taking his time as well as working his way through. He really doe
Cee Brown
May 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars of goodness.

description

What do you want in a man?
Brianna LaFontaine was about to give her two best friends a night they will never forget.

27 year old IT virgin Elliott was a mess when it came to interacting with men. He would rather shrivel up and die as such with no other way out. It was easy to stay under the radar, observing and dreaming, until Theo, his ideal man, walked into his life.

And you're worth more...

Seven years into college, Theo was still trying to figure it all out. The black she
St. Gerard Expectant Mothers
Again, went for a guilty pleasure read for shits and giggles and downloaded book to my tablet. Surprisingly, I liked this one. Finally, a male author who knows how to write LGBT M/M reads without all the corniness!

Okay. The basic premise of Just One Night is that hot looking Theo gets dumped by his cheating lawyer boyfriend and drowns his sadness in a slew of meaningless one night stands. Enter shy and sweet IT nerd Elliot who has never had a date in his life gets set up with Mr. Hunky by their
Cheryl
Joelle
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in return for my honest review.

I really enjoyed it. I'm a big fan of underdog characters. I love the shy, quiet techie guy who spends all his time in front of his computer screen until someone comes along to break him out of his shell. That's Elliott. Sweet and shy. Theo, on the other hand, is the guy everybody gravitates toward. He's outgoing and gorgeous. But he's got plenty of his own problems. Together, they have great chemistry.

One thing I really enjoyed abou
Heath Greenfield
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it

This is a short, classic HEA story that makes a nice Saturday morning read. While not wildly innovative, it is well written and uses well crafted turns of phrase. The feel of the city (Chicago) is true to life if only briefly highlighted. The only thing I felt wasn't terribly accurate was the idea that you could part time it at De Paul...but it would make sense that a guy would be broke if he did, lol. I liked Theo and Elliot, and I can see them hitting it off. The storyline was a litt
Linda
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story!

This is the first book I've read by Sebastian Carter. And it won't be the last. I thoroughly enjoyed this well written story of these two men. Both lost and floundering in their own way. Living unsatisfying lives, going through the motions.
They make their connection with the well meaning help of a mutual friend. It almost ends with missed opportunities at finally finding true happiness.
That they both realize fate has opened their hearts to take chance on love is the satisfying endin
Karen
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading this book, but oh my what a great book! I feel in love with the two MC's, Elliot and Theo. Loved the chemistry between these two. A well written enjoyable read. Some funny scenes (gaming together lol) and low on angst. A great book to curl up on the couch with. Will definitely read more by this author and hopefully more with these two MC's.
*ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review*
Donna Wagner
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Angst Free!

Sometimes it's nice to read a book that doesn't overwhelm you with worry or misery. There are three very cool characters that propel the story along. A good looking guy with financial problems. A smart accomplished woman with tons of money. And a nice shy technology whiz who has never been with another guy. What could possibly go right and wrong. Finding out is a ton of fun. Loved it.
Julie
Apr 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I thought this one was really sweet. It's on the shorter side and kind of "insta-lovey", but low on angst and just what I was in the mood for today. Elliot was so adorably shy but when he got more comfortable with Theo, he really opened up and I loved it. This book sort of had a "Pretty Woman" feel too it that I really enjoyed. ...more
Steph ☀️
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Absolutely loved :)

I cannot tell you how much I loved the chemistry between the two main characters, Elliot and Theo. I hope this turns into a series so we could see what happens next. I have to say one of my favorite scenes in the book was when they were gaming at Elliot's house; I couldn't stop laughing :)
Roger Elkins
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read

I loved the characters and how they interacted. You could see how each met the other's need. The story flowed smoothly and I liked how more of the story focused on them getting to know each other rather than them being separated like a lot of other stories about are. Loved it!
Andrew Riccardi
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this story

I wasn't sure when I first started to read the story about Theo and Elliot. Once getting into it things changed. The way Theo was treating Elliot was genuine . The reasons they got together may not of been the right way but in the end it was the way it should've been . Good story and left you feeling good.
LoveLight Press: Just One Night 1 6 Apr 29, 2016 08:06AM

• Better Than People (Garnet Run, #1)
  • Awkward Love (Stumbling into Love #2)
  • Shortbread and Shadows (Hedge Witches Lonely Hearts Club #1)
  • Aquarius: He Said, He Said (Boys of the Zodiac, #11)
  • Matchpoint
  • Split (Red and Blue Chronicles, #1)
  • Cam Boy (Murmur Inc. #3)
  • In His Secret Life
  • Loud and Clear
  • Counterbalance
  • Bewitched by Bella's Brother
  • Chasing Forever (This Time Forever, #3)
  • Song for a Whale
  • Florentine
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Safe Heart (Search & Rescue, #3)
  • Press (White House Men #1)
  • Adding Up to Love (The Teddy Bear Club, #3)