Start by marking “Broken Wing (Requiem #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Broken Wing (Requiem #0.5)

Broken Wing

(Requiem 0.5)

Mikayel lives by one rule—obey the orders of the angelic Council at all costs. That is, until he and his friends, Azza and Demi, are sent to Earth. Assigned as Watchers while they await their decision of which angelic order to serve, the three assume the bodies of teenagers and experience life as human. The sensations are overwhelming as the angels experience a host of hum ...more
Published April 26th 2016 (first published January 25th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Broken Wing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken Wing

Heather McCorkle
When reading this I dreamed about angels and flying, something that only happens when I read a book that reaches deep inside and touches me on a visceral level. Christine's writing is haunting and beautiful. I highly recommend anything by her. And yes, I got a sneak peek before it released. ;)
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
I would like to thank the author, Christine Fonseca, for providing me with a copy of this novella for review.
This review can be seen on my blog:
And at the following websites:
Mikayel lives to serve the council. He lives to ensure the safety of humanity. But his emotions are starting to get in the way and, as an angel, this is unacceptable. Un
Zuleeza
Jun 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review is also available on my blog, Qwerty

Oh my God!!! This book is full of tragedies, it reminded me a lot of Shakespeare's plays.

If fact, I think I'm not fit to continue on with Lacrimosa anytime soon. I'm depressed enough with my exams coming soon

Oh yes, I can be that melodramatic.

First of all, can't be have a better cover art than that? Please pwetty, please...

Second, I think the writing was just stunning. But I won't lie, I did expect Maggie Stiefvater's level of awesomeness when I r
Nisa
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ho. ly. wow. Talk about a whirlwind of emotions. This is just a taste (novella) of the series to come and I cannot wait to read the rest. It's dripping with emotion. Betrayal, confusion, heartbreak, desire, they don't seem to be strong enough words to describe it. This book is both powerful and dynamic. I'm hereby dubbing (Yes, I have that authority!) Christine Fonseca the queen of conveying emotion. She painted a picture with words that was so vivid, I felt as if I could see into the very soul ...more
Nata Romeo
Jan 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christine Fonseca is a truly talented writer! Dies Irae is a fast paced story that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Once you set your eyes on this book you will find it very and I mean very difficult to walk away from. It overflows with emotion: love, anger, and lust. I am honored to be a part of Christine's blog tour.
Sherri Wilson
Jan 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
looking forward to the next one! The characters and emotions sure stick with you. I found myself thinking about them all day along with the questions of feelings being a strength or weakness, and being more than you believe. Good thought provoking ideas.
Michelle McLean
Jan 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
perfect prequel to LACRIMOSA. If you haven't read LACRIMOSA yet, this is a great way to intro the series and a great way to get some background story on your favorite characters if you read LAC first. Two thumbs way up :)
Soumi
Story of love, revenge and redemption..brilliantly written novella. Review to come
Angela
Mar 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
PDF format loaded to Kindle (**free from author for honest review)

This book is a prequel to Lacrimosa and is about three angels that are on Earth to learn how to control their emotions. Mikayel is the leader out of the three and has the most trouble with his emotions. He is in love with Demi, even though he is not supposed to be letting this emotion get this far. It is affecting how he does his work and is putting him in danger. There is a truce between the angels and the demons, but Mikayel and
Lisa
Feb 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
DIES IRAE is short, exhilarating and packed with emotion. I read it in literally one night, mainly because I loved the writing and characters—but what I really love the most is the visceral emotions pulsing not very far under the skin of her fascinating characters. This is not surprising since Christine is a school psychologist who has written numerous nonfiction books about gifted individuals (link here). Emotions are her stock and trade.

But what I found so gripping about this book was the time
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
So sad, but this gave some background of what happened quite some time before the events of Lacrimosa (Requiem, #1) by Christine Fonseca. I found it rather enjoyable, which, makes me wonder why I didn't enjoy Lacrimosa all that much when I originally read it. Maybe I wasn't in the right head space or something when I read that book. I'm going to have read it again one of these days.

Anyway, this book was all about good intentions and people trying to prevent Bad, Bad Things and bringing said awful times into existence. Now I understand mo
Bookish Indulgenges with b00k r3vi3ws
This is an introductory Novella to the Author’s Requiem Series…

The author gets to the point and into the plot right from the beginning. It is narrated alternately between Mikayel and Azza. It is really a wonder to read two completely different reactions to human emotions. Mikayel tries to ignore it but cannot and Azza actually feels strengthened by it. But they do not really get much time to deal with it as they come across ‘Jinns’ who are not really in the mood to be sidelined by these angels o
Ari
Jul 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: demons, angels
I don't know what I was expecting when I started reading this novella, but it honestly surpassed anything I had expected since this has been the best one I've read so far this year.

DIES IRAE is an action and drama packed read, which means there was never a dull moment for me while reading it. Although it doesn't really show how two of the characters fell in love, and I would have loved to read more about it, I could tell it was something that had been simmering under the surface for a while. An
Jen*The Geeky Book Gal*
Mikayel, Demi, and Azza are Angels sent to Earth to live in Human bodies as Watchers. They are in the Human bodies so they can learn to experience emotion and then control it. However, all three continue to have problems with being dispassionate and unemotional. There is betrayal, forbidden love, and epic battles in this prequel to Lacrimosa.

I enjoyed the novel as it gave more insight into why and how Azza became the leader of the UnHoly, and why Mikayel seems so hard on Nesy in the future. Ther
Kelly Hashway
Feb 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was different from other angel books I've read. While Mikayel, Demi, and Azza are angels, they are using human host bodies while they uphold their duties as Watchers. But being in human form allows them to experience human emotion, and this is extremely difficult for all of them. They experience feelings of love and rage, which cause them to act in ways that angels shouldn't. And with the possibility of war looming in the air, these emotions are the last things the three need.

Fonseca
Tom
Aug 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 for this novella. What an unexpected start to a series. I was debating between 4 and 5 because of it being a novella and the world building was done seamlessly and it was a very entertaining read. I gave it a 5 because of positive comments from the author on a less than flattering review for another one of her books. Major street cred in my book. Enough so that I will read the next novella in the series.

Not sure what to recommend. I am leaning towards recommending you read this after Lacrimo
Michelle
Wow! A lot happened in this short story. It was totally not what I was first expecting. It was so much better! It sets up the background for Lacrimosa perfectly. This is going to be an intense, dark, and super awesome series. I just know it.

This is just a short 0.5 type of story to give the readers some extra insight and information on the characters. I was so sad to see the one of the characters die. And I will admit that I wanted ...to be continued
Adriana
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Firstly thankyou to the author Christine Fonseca for giving me the opportunity to read and review this awsome book.

This is the prequal novella of Lacrimosa and it tells the story of Mikayel and Azza. Its a great as it explains the history between Azza and Mikayel and you get to understand why Mikayel is the way he is and what made Azza who he has become now.

Once again Christine pulls you in and you feel what the characters feel every emotion every conflict. I loved every moment of it..
Mona
Dec 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
With Dies Irae, the clash between good and evil has a new twist. The evil (and the good) is inside every one of us and it's up to us which side will win over our hearts. This is a fun jaunt through passion, doing what's right, and the ultimate sacrifice. Can't wait to read the rest of the series!
Ali Cross
Jan 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dies Irae is the perfect introduction to Christine Fonseca’s Requiem series. The beauty of the words will tempt you, the tragedy of the story will break you, and the love, woven throughout like music through the trees, will haunt you for days afterward. Dies Irae promises a tale unlike any you’ve read before
Sara
It is fun to read all the different takes writers have about angels. That being said, this series is one of my favorite! Christine's descriptions are so beautifully written, she drags you into the story and doesn't let go until the end or beyond. I read book 1 first and I now cannot wait for the next book. Just wonderful!
Tasha Seegmiller
Jan 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This set up the story of what is to come so well. I found myself cheering and hoping for success for each of the characters, and even after learning of their decisions. The emotions behind each decision, the sacrifices that have already happened...so glad I read this, can't wait for Lacrimosa.
Jen
Dec 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, ya
I couldn't stop reading, much to the dismay of my children, who kinda wanted breakfast. The writing draws you in, insisting you continue. This novella has me anxiously awaiting the release of the first book in the series later this year. Can't wait.
Shelly Smith
Jan 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-reads
Ahhhh! Talk about dangling the carrot!!! I am so captivated by these characters and this story! I can't wait to find out what happens next. -Anxiously awaiting Lacrimosa!
Christine Fonseca
Dec 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
The story of Azza and Mikayel deepened my understanding of these characters...something I am so thankful for.
Kathy White
Feb 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No spoilers here....but...What an ending! I can't wait to read the next. Dies Irae is a great beginning to the series!
Jody
May 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: angels
This is the prequel novella to LACRIMOSA. Its a gothic tale about angels and demons and so much happened in the 14 chapters. It was crazy! Looved it :)
Tiffany Holme
Mar 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Angels aren't supposed to feel emotions or are they? Mikayel has been sent to Earth and has taken on the body of a human host in order to try and figure this all out. Along with his friends Azza and Demi. However living as a human is much more difficult than any of them ever imagined. There is so much to feel and how are you supposed to detach from your emotions when they only seem to be growing stronger. The story is through the eyes of both Mikayal and Azza, powerful friends that would do any ...more
Naomi
Mar 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won Dies Irae and Lacrimosa through Christine Fonseca’s blog, and it is the first time I have read either of the books so I am reading them in order. I must say that so far, I am not disappointed, and I can’t wait to start Lacrimosa!!

Dies Irae is a Novella and the first story in the Requiem series.
Angels are sent to earth, in human disguises to observe how humans deal with their emotions. There has been no war between angels and demons for a thousand years.

Mikayel, Azza and Demi are three Ang
Anna Serra i Vidal
I won Dies Irae on an event at Christine's blog and I am very grateful to her for sending it to me so graciously.
I have not read Lacrimosa, so this was my first contact with Michael and Azza. Even though the names do give some hints, the building of the relationship between the three main characters is engaging at the beginning. The three of them live in a small village during unknown time, that can be always giving it a sense of eternity that goes well with the theme.
Even though I could see w

• Before (Heven and Hell, #0.5)
  • Born of Fire (Channeler, #0.5)
  • When Silver Moons Rise (Lost Immortals, #2)
  • Hollywood Holiday (Red Carpet, #2)
  • When Angels Cry (Starfire Angels )
  • Fire with Fire (Demonblood, #2)
  • Cursed (The Guardians, #2)
  • It's in His Kiss (Brew Ha Ha, #0.5)
  • Intuition (Intangible, #0.5)
  • Valefar Vol. 1 (Demon Kissed)
  • Before (Betwixt, #0.5)
  • Human
  • Out of the Shadows (Shadowlands, #1)
  • Sins of the Son (Grigori Legacy, #2)
  • Echo of an Earth Angel (Earth Angel Trilogy, #1)
  • Demon Evolution (The Evolution Trilogy, #2)
  • The Deepest Well (Dominion, #0.5)
Award-winning and critically-acclaimed author of fiction and non-fiction. Lover of books, lattes, and family. Passionate about humanity. Critically-acclaimed titles include Transcend, The Requiem Series, and The Solomon Experiment series, and Emotional Intensity in Gifted Students, second edition.

When Christine isn’t writing a book, she can be found sipping too many skinny vanilla lattes next to a

Requiem (3 books)
  • Sentinal's Tear (Requiem #1)
  • Unholy Death (Requiem #2)
  • Redemption's Kiss (Requiem #3)
“Tell me you don't feel what I feel."
"That doesn't matter." She swallowed hard.
"It does to me." I brush my lips against hers.”
5 likes
“But my feelings won’t abate. Feelings I’m not supposed to have. Feelings I can’t relinquish.” 4 likes