Start by marking “A Change Of Heart (The Royal Blood Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Change Of Heart (The Royal Blood Chronicles, #1)

Read Book

A Change Of Heart (The Royal Blood Chronicles, #1)

*UPDATE: Revised for easier reader compatibility when following the novel's characters*

Bullied his entire life, orphaned university graduate, Gabriel Harper, is bitten by a Royal vampire moments before sunrise, transforming him over the course of six terrible and exhilarating nights into a hybrid—human by day, vampire by night.

Just as he learns to come to grips with what h
ebook
Published May 29th 2016 by Mark Benjamin

To ask other readers questions about A Change Of Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Change Of Heart

Dianne
Mark Benjamin’s A CHANGE OF HEART is NOT a run of the mill dark and dangerous tale of vampires, their enemies or their lust for power above all else. Do NOT expect to rush through this intense and devilishly detailed tome. Prepare to begin a journey of considerable length, so either plan on an all-nighter or take a day or two off so you will not face the pain of stopping until the very end.

Gabriel Harper was a bully’s delight throughout school, he was the misfit, the nerd, the meek boy who made
Liz
May 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: vampires
Vampires! The start of this book was quite intriguing and full of promise. Vampires of all walks of life (Royals, Nobles, Fledglings). Each and every one of them with their own ambitions and more than normal amount of cruelty. OK, I lie! I lie! Not all of them were downright evil, but there were a few.

I do not need to go into retelling what this book is about, the blurb does it quite well and to the point. It does what it says on the tin for 476 pages.

Writing this review, I feel like I’m a squir
Nicolene.House.Of.Books
May 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow. Unexpected...
I was expecting something like a spin-off to Twilight cross with The Vampire Diaries , thank heaven it is not, it was actually really good and very captivating... It is just really good.
It keeps you wanting more and the way it is written is excellent, not only do you get to see the POV from every but also how they merge to come together.
I was pleasantly surprised at this book. It was really very enjoyable. I would most definitely recommend this book to everyone.
I love it.
Paige
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed this book. The combination of old-school vampires, a vampire-hunting secret organisation and the modern day world really worked for me. I appreciated that the vampires were quite dark and scary, rather than the friendly vampires more often written about lately. It felt more like how a vampire novel should do, with vampires being a genuine threat to humans.

In terms of characters I really liked the m
Ooha Biddala
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Gabriel wanted to live his life in peace. He didn’t wish for fame or riches. He just wanted peace; from his drunken abusive uncle for his aunt, from cruel bullies at university and from his heartsickness over his unrequited love for his close friend- Rachel. But, one fateful meeting with a dying vampire changes everything. Gabriel’s destiny is rushing up to catch up with him even if he wasn’t ready for it.

Okay, warnings first:
• If you don’t like reading violence and savagery with a pinch of sa
Hobart
May 26, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
★ ★ 1/2 (rounded up for the stars)
This originally appeared at The Irresponsible Reader.
---
When I listen/read interviews with authors, I hear frequent mentions of "Trunk Novels" (writers of other formats have similar labels for their scripts or whatever), the novels they wrote at the beginning of their careers that they don't try to submit to agents/publishers, but use to learn their craft. Then they put them in a trunk (or a disused folder on their hard drive), and move on. In the age of digital
Christine
Urban fantasy is not my usual go-to genre, but tempt me with vampires and I can be convinced to give one a try. The bonus is that the vampires in this one are bloody and brutal – just the way I like ‘em.

A CHANGE OF HEART by Mark Benjamin

Gabriel Harper could be the poster boy for the fellow they kick sand on at the beach. Smart and nice doesn’t always cut it and the bullies soon found he was an easy mark for their fun. Escaping from one such attack by diving behind a dumpster Gabriel never though
Stephanie Jane (Literary Flits)
See more of my book reviews on my blog, Literary Flits

I was contacted by author Mark Benjamin to review his new book, A Change Of Heart. The urban fantasy novel will be published on the 29th May 2016.

Bullied his entire life, orphaned university graduate, Gabriel Harper, is bitten by a Royal vampire moments before sunrise, transforming him over the course of six terrible and exhilarating nights into a hybrid - human by day, vampire by night. Just as he learns to come to grips with what he has bec
Aly
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have to say, I still love a good vampire book. Gabriel Harper is a human-vampire hybrid. I think this is a great idea on the story for this book. I was interested in seeing how different this story was from other vampires book. For me, this book was fun to read and kept me wanting to find out more and turn the pages. I think in some places it was a bit slow but overall I enjoyed it. * I received this book from the author---this is my honest review*
Regina Foo
A Change of Heart is the first installment in The Royal Blood Chronicles. If you're an adult reader of The Vampire Diaries series, you might enjoy reading this.

Disclaimer: I received the e-ARC of this book from the author in exchange of my honest review.

Meet Gabriel Harper, an orphaned university student who never expect his life would change drastically because of a vampire's bite. Gabriel's life is in misery, he is constantly being bullied. He's having an alcoholic uncle as one of his guardian
Igor Eliseev
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bullied his entire life, orphaned university graduate, Gabriel Harper never expected his life would be that inspiring because of a vampire’s bite. Being in an agony he meets Lucas, one of the Royal vampires who is seriously injured by an ambush commanded by a captain of the Silver Legion…

Mark Benjamin immerses us into romantic, but turbulent world of death, destruction, and vampires – where the strongest, greediest, and more often than not, most brutal members of the population thrive. The story
Igor Eliseev
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Brian Wilkerson
Jan 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Mark Benjamin asked me to read his novel, "A Change of Heart", the first in his Royal Blood Chronicles series. I will examine plot, character and polish and then assign a grade.

PLOT

The story is told through rotating viewpoints. Every chapter has a different perspective and some of these "chapters" are a couple paragraphs long and consist solely of a character's thoughts. You might need a flowchart to keep track of who is who and related to whom. I typically frown on this sort of thing because
Carrie Westmoreland Kurtz
Although I have reviewed a "vampire book" before, it is not the type of book that I typically read. With that being said, like before, I was contacted by the author and asked if I would like to read and review this book and I went into it with an open mind.

The book started out fairly well. There was a good level of excitement and intrigue. Then, there were times when I got a little confused. The chapters were each written in the viewpoint of one of the characters and were named after that charac
Rajalakshmi Prithviraj
I had taken a long break from posting reviews. Reasons are personal yet when I decided to restart, I picked up this book to read. Was I elated? Yes, a bit because vampires and werewolves intrigue me. Did this book disappoint me? Sadly, yes, it did.

This book is the beginning of a series called The Royal Blood Chronicles. Accordingly, it introduces the reader to a world where a 'huvamp' is created. By the way, Huvamp is my way of calling a hybrid version of vampire who is still human.

The best part
Mel
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of A Change Of Heart in exchange for an honest review.

A Change Of Heart is definitely my kind of vampire novel. Grown up and gritty with no-holds barred descriptions. A Change Of Heart had a very old-fashioned feel about it with the vampires seeming very regal and noble. The vampire society and hierarchy had been very well thought out, as had that of the Knights and Infantry on the opposing side.

The only negatives I can possibly pick out from A Change of Heart is that, as
Sheina
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A cast of intriguing characters and web of mystery. I'm looking forward to the next one.
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
A Change Of Heart by Mark Benjamin is a different take on vampires living among us. It kind of reminded me of a Quentin Tarantino film meets the Underworld movies (just without the werewolves).

Mr. Benjamin’s writing for this book is totally different from most of the other authors I read. This book was good and I felt bad for the main character, Gabriel, or at least I hope he is the main kind of hard to tell. The one downside is that the author writes it in a way that made me have to take notes
John
Effie Eshel
is currently reading it
Nov 15, 2016
Mark Benjamin
Jan 29, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shut Up & Read: {Read It & Reap 658} A Change Of Heart by Mark Benjamin 5 16 Dec 18, 2016 06:24PM
“He would do anything to avoid ageing and death...anything.” 0 likes