Start by marking “Nowhere Near You (Because You'll Never Meet Me, #2)” as Want to Read:
Nowhere Near You (Because You'll Never Meet Me, #2)

Nowhere Near You

(Because You'll Never Meet Me #2)

Following up her acclaimed debut, Because You'll Never Meet Me, Leah Thomas continues the stories of Ollie and Moritz in another heart-warming story of unique friendship.

Ollie and Moritz might never meet, but their friendship knows no bounds. Their letters carry on as Ollie embarks on his first road trip away from the woods--no easy feat for a boy allergic to electricity--
Published February 7th 2017 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

To ask other readers questions about Nowhere Near You, please sign up.
Leah Heya, Ava! Author here. It's not a sequel that can stand alone, I'm afraid. To read this book without reading book one would be chaos! Chaos! Then…moreHeya, Ava! Author here. It's not a sequel that can stand alone, I'm afraid. To read this book without reading book one would be chaos! Chaos! Then again, some people like chaos. :)(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Alexa For anyone else looking for the answer to this spoiler question (because I'm sure the OG poster has finished the book by now), you'll have to read…moreFor anyone else looking for the answer to this spoiler question (because I'm sure the OG poster has finished the book by now), you'll have to read until the end of the book and hope for a third installment :) (less)

C.G. Drews
I admit! I wasn't sure if this was going to work for me...BUT IT SO SO DID. I wasn't the biggest fan of Because You'll Never Meet Me, because I felt it kind of smacked you in the face with "woooah this is now SCI FI! and disabilities are MAGICAL!" and I really didn't like the latter sentiment. But now that I get that it's like a soft lowkey sci-fi series (with more emphasis on the contemporary vibe) I did much better with the sequel! I adore the characters like nothing else!

BUT I WANT A THIRD BO
Feb 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z2017, ebook, netgalley, ya
3.5 Stars. I didn't enjoy this as much as Book 1 but overall, I still enjoyed it. It is a sweet story and I love the focus on the awesome friendship between Ollie and Moritz.

My biggest problem with this book was that I didn't feel any excitement from reading it. I liked reading it, obviously, but when I was away from it, I just didn't really want to return to it. I had the same problem with book 1 but I feel like book 1 had a better story. The other problem I had was with Ollie. At times I just
georgia ☽
will i ever stop crying about ollie paulot and moritz farber?

the answer is no.

"Together we pass for human, Oliver Paulot. Veins pulsing with lightning."

damn leah thomas knows how to pull at my heartstrings. i care about these characters so so so much and watching them grow and develop has been a privilege. honestly. where is the hype for this series? please, if you haven't read it, give it a chance!

the writing is wonderful, the characterisation is incredible and the plot got even more exciting
Bee
Quite The Novel Idea ~ Words from the Clouds

In 2015 I read a very special book. A book told through letters between two boys that would probably never be able to meet. A book that some of my friends did not enjoy that much because it was marketed as Contemporary while it's actually closer to Speculative Fiction or very very soft Sci-Fi. I went into it expecting Contemporary. However, what I got was so much more. And I just went with it. I suspended my disbelief and all that jazz. Because the sto
K.
Trigger warnings: attempted rape.

I was THRILLED when I saw that this book was coming out. Like, Because You'll Never Meet Me *could* have been a standalone, but it also could have been the start of a series, and I love Ollie and Moritz to death so obviously I nearly died of excitement when I saw that a sequel was coming out.

As it was, this was...darker and sadder than I anticipated. Moritz is struggling with Real Life Shit (including (view spoiler)
~~Poulomi Sylphrena Tonk$~~
5 Beanie Guy and dolphinmo stars!

We will find her!
(On second thoughts, we did find her. :-/ Never mind; I just had to be a part of the mob that I worship. Their anthem is my own ;))

Nowhere Near You, sequel to Because You’ll Never Meet Me, by Leah Thomas, tells the tale of two Blunderkinders (I hate to call them that, Specialkinders would be more apt) who have taken it on themselves to get out of their boundaries and find a place for themselves in the world.

I’m not going to narrate much about the
c,
I breathed in through my nose. Thought of your video to the masses. Thought of the womble you sent me. Thought of you calling me good. Thought of you, just you-

Galley provided by publisher

Rep: blind mc, gay mcs

Because You'll Never Meet Me is one of my favourite books, and I was all set for it to be a standalone, for Moritz and Ollie never to have contact beyond letters, for there to be a maybe less-than-satisfactory conclusion to their story. And then there came this.

If the first book was good
Aoife
I received a free digital copy from the author/publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest feedback.

In Nowhere Near You, Ollie and Moritz - two boys who are both living with strange disabilities meaning they can never meet - continue on with the journey they started in Because You’ll Never Meet Me.

I don’t want to say too much about this book as I wouldn’t want to spoil the wonderfulness that is the first book Because You’ll Never Meet Me but I can say this book was just as fantastic as th
Cassandra (Thebookishcrypt)
*ARC provided by Bloomsbury in exchange for an honest review*
"Beyond parks are often graveyards."
This was the second book I've ever read by Leah and... it might be my last. Not because it wasn't for me, but because it tore into me with a ferocity that I haven't felt in a long, long time. It reduced me to a hollow shell of the human being I used to be. That quote above most definitely captures what I'm feeling. Desolate and forgotten. I experienced one of the worst emotional roller coasters ever
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bloomsbury
That ending! Surely we're deserving of a third book.

Because You'll Never Meet Me was extraordinary and Nowhere Near You is no exception. The narrative begins with Oliver exploring his new environment beyond the woodland cabin, impatient and enthusiastic to be introduced to his peers. Oliver is exuberant and his positivity is infectious. He's determined to engage with other teens that were part of the scientific program and capture their own personal experiences. Arthur with fragile bones and elo
Brynna Kilcline
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I had the privilege of reading this book as an Advanced Reader's Copy, and, wow, am I happy I did.
If I had to choose the one thing that makes me love a book, it would be its ability to make me feel. And this book summoned that giddy feeling I sometimes get in my abdomen and left me crying not tears of sadness exactly, but tears of emotion. I was initially blown away by Leah Thomas’s Because You’ll Never Meet Me over a year ago, and was wonderfully shocked to see it had a sequel. It did not disap
Kinga
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Definitely not ok after this one. So many feelings, too much caring, not enough love.
This books was somewhat faster than the first book, regarding storyline because we get to move outside the safe perimeter our characters have set up, but at the same time sometimes it felt a bit slow when one of them went silent for a long time.
But yeah, going to need some time to think this over. I love them both. (view spoiler)
Diana
Nov 14, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: discarded-shelf
I am sorry, but this book is not for me. Maybe because I haven't read the first one, maybe because I couldn't care for the characters or the plot, maybe because language alternated between pompous and what-not depending on the character who was narrating, but one quarter into the book and I coukdn't keep reading.
Sir BookMold The Great

BOOK.

MAN.

Sabine
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I honestly almost gave up on this book at the beginning. It was so different from the first one and so disappointing that I almost DNF'd it! But I am so glad I pushed through it, because half way through everything became so much better!

Thank God for Briget's character! I absolutely loved her story! The moment she was introduced everything got more interesting! And even Ollie who I found annoying at the start redeemed himself and I just loved him all over again!

Bottom line: Except for the slow
Amber (YA Indulgences)
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, 2017-bloomsbury
I FINISHED AND I'M ALIVE.

I am honored to be the first one on Goodreads to have read and posted about this book. If I'm the first person on the planet to have read this ARC, I will die happily.

Okay, I can't really review this book right now, but I thought I'd just say my feelings! Feelings are abounding right now, I loved this book a ton. It did live up to the first one. Just so many feelings. So many feelings. I need a third book though, I need more.

It's so lovely.
Ceilidh
How are there so few reviews? This book made me feel SO DANG MANY EMOTIONS. I can't recommend it to enough people. Read it!
Zarah Barrau
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I'm rating this 6/5. Now will this author write us a fluffing third book or is she going to leave me hanging?!
Chiara
A copy of this novel was provided by Bloomsbury Australia for review.

How do I even begin to talk about this book that I love so much? When I read Because You’ll Never Meet Me for the first time, I rated it four stars. I loved a lot about the book, mostly the two boys. Because it had been so long since I read the first book I decided to re-read it in preparation for Nowhere Near You. And I rated it five stars the second time because I just love that book a lot? And Ollie and Moritz were someh
Kayla
THIS BOOOOOOOOOOK.

I don't know why, but after I first read Because You'll Never Meet Me and completely and utterly fell in love with it, I never realized that there was going to be a sequel. Then I happened to catch a blog post on one of my favorite blog's about Nowhere Near You and the happy squealing was immense. When I was contacted to actually read and review this book, it's a miracle I was actually able to form a coherent sentence to reply to that email. I'm still incredibly awed that I was
Erin
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
The thing is, I loved Because You'll Never Meet Me SO much that I think any sequel would have left me wanting. And this one was lovely--heartfelt, heartwarming, heartbreaking, all of it. I def wanted so much more, especially with the side characters that were introduced (though that may be the mark of a good book, where I loved the side characters too?) and I CANNOT BELIEVE the book ended where it did because skdjfhskjfhskfjhsdkfhsdf.
Beatrice
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, favorites
These books definitely aren't for everyone, but I honestly love them. I love how endearing, and happy, and sad they are. I love the characters, both the main and secondary ones, and I love how weird everything is. And even though the writing is kind of difficult to follow at times, I still love that, too.

Not everything makes complete sense, and as with most books written in letter form, the characters remember more than humanly possible about the details of their lives, but I don't care
Jenny
Nov 05, 2016 is currently reading it
Shelves: 2017-release
Omg!! How did I not know that there was a sequel to Because You'll Never Meet Me?!!! I loved that book, so it's really great that there's one more book of Ollie and Moritz! And the blurb is so exciting!! Also, it's getting published next year, on my birthday!! Eeeps!! Can't wait to get the copy of this book!! <3
Jenny Tran-Le
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Even though I’ve never seen the sun, I would never give up that which keeps me alive.”

SO FLUFFING GOOD. After reading the first one I felt like it didn’t need a sequel, but damn was I wrong. This is a great ending for this duology. It was so heartwarming and heartwrenching at the same time. Ollie and Moritz are what made me love this book so much. They are perfect in their own ways and deserve so so much.
Misty
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh that ending though!! I hope there is a third book to this series!!!!
Yuè
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review to come but wow
Allison
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
This was a great conclusion to the duology. I loved following the stories of Ollie and Moritz because you really got a sense of their fears and efforts to fit in despite being different, and their feeling a sense of belonging with each other, even if they've never met in real life. I also thought Bridget's character was really interesting; they idea of being able to remove your heart to not feel anything.
Stephanie
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books, 2017
This was so lovely. Wow, wow. When is the next book coming out?
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Candy Is Dandy: The Best of Ogden Nash
  • Free Space (Evagardian #2)
  • Downton Tabby
  • The Mythological Zoo
  • When the Stars Threw Down Their Spears
  • The Pauper Prince and the Eucalyptus Jinn
  • The Mystery of the Haunted Cottage (Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts, #10)
  • Happy Birthday to Me Again (Birthday Trilogy, #2)
  • Skylarks
  • Tutti's Promise
  • A Calendar of Tales
  • Tip of the Tongue (Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts, #5)
  • Exerpt: The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #0.1)
  • Boy Meets Hamster
  • The Unstoppable Wasp, Vol. 1: Unstoppable!
  • Neverland
  • The Snow Angel
  • Starfire, Vol. 1: Welcome Home
Leah Thomas once wrote from a house in the woods, and now an apartment more or less by the sea (well, less). Her debut novel BECAUSE YOU'LL NEVER MEET ME was a 2016 Morris Award finalist, and its sequel, NOWHERE NEAR YOU, is out now from Bloomsbury. Her third YA science fiction novel, WHEN LIGHT LEFT US, hit shelves this February.

A graduate of Clarion 2010, her short fiction has appeared in Asimo

Because You'll Never Meet Me (2 books)
  • Because You'll Never Meet Me (Because You'll Never Meet Me #1)
“...and I couldn’t reply because, aside from my disgust and my anger and my scorching throat, what tasted worse was knowing he was right.” 1 likes
“No, how do you know I'm good? Can you really just tell by looking at someone?' What if someone could see the goodness inside people, in colors, how I see electricity?” 0 likes