Start by marking “Sin in Suburbia (Brookston Housewives, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sin in Suburbia (Brookston Housewives, #1)

Sin in Suburbia

(Brookston Housewives #1)

If you walk the streets of Sapphire Court, you are sure to meet Calista Cavanaugh. She’s a blonde bombshell with wit, charm, and the biggest personality Brookston has ever seen. Cali lives in the large house in the middle of the street with her perfect husband and two perfect little boys. She resides near her closest friends, four other Brookston housewives, and always has ...more
Published by S. Cole

To ask other readers questions about Sin in Suburbia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sin in Suburbia

Natalie The Biblioholic
You know those books that are nothing like what you'd expect? You go in blind and are blown away? My first read from S. Cole was absolutely phenomenal!

The suburb of Brookston is just like any other residential community - full of families, cookouts, dinner parties, gossip, and superficial friendships. But there is a layer of darkness that hangs over this housing development. The same person smiling in your face is stabbing you in your back. You don't know who to trust and you just may be letting
Booknerdingout
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars...

I finished Sin in Suburbia last night and oh my god was it a juicy read! These housewives were sexy, conniving. I never knew from one page to the next, wth was going to happen. And I was eating every minute of it up! I loved the build up and the characters. I can't wait for book 2!!
Melanie (mells_view)
 photo 332BFCDF-7743-4802-829F-AEF56A50791D_zpsgyglfped.jpg

What in the mother loving HECK?

Ok I'm not quite sure what happened, ok I am but what in the freaking heck?? I feel like I just binged the first half of season one of an addicting as anything show, and now I just got left waiting for the second half of the season for all my dang answers.

First off I must say, mad props to the author! way to write an unlikeable character that I still stayed thoroughly invested in. Way too make so many of the side characters interesting and yet still vague enough t
Dee Ellis
This book was definitely different than what I was expecting but that's refreshing!! It was twisty turny with a startling moment I didn't expect. It was hard to like the characters but that's because they were flawed and realistic!! I like a few others, struggled with the third person narrative but I think it was necessary for the stories Cole wants to tell. I'm definitely interested in the follow-up!
Amelia Oliver
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book had me turning ages faster than I thought was possible.
Thus book has every thing I love, sex, lust, mystery, secrets, lies, things hidden under floor boards.
The characters are written so well and you see them perfectly, you picture every scene.
I had no idea what to expect with this book, but I'm so happy I read it, can't wait for more!
Angela *Whiskey Angel Life Blog*
Extract all the best parts of Desperate Housewives, Pretty Little Liars & Gossip Girl and you have Sin in Suburbia.

With the 2nd book in series due to come out in January I wanted to get Sin in Suburbia read and read I did. Once I started this book I had a hard time putting it down and finished it in less than a day.

The ladies of Brookston are wickedly devious!!! Delightfully full of secrets and scandal!!!

Sin in Suburbia is so well written and has so much of everything....scandals, mystery
Tiara Giles
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Yall. I didn't even like the main character but I was very invested in her life and seeing where things went. I felt pity for her during her bad days. It was like a cliffhanger TV show!
Maren Lee
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a super fun, mysterious fast read. The whole time I was like, "what is this big secret?" So I kept turning the pages. Can't wait to read the next!!
LisaReadsAlot
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sex, Scandal, and Lies. S. Cole brought the drama and now has me wanting to live in Brookston. Give me more in book 2, Cole.

4 Suburbia Stars!
Audrey Edits
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was definitely different than what I was expecting, but not all in a bad way! It was an interesting take on how stay-at-home wives/moms can get bored and get to doing things they shouldn't and also on how friendships and betrayals happen and things can so quickly get way out of hand! Although a lot of the incidents in this book happen way too often, it's still not the type of book I usually read because I don't like cheaters. Hits too close to home kinda thing. Also, I'm not use to rea ...more
Martha Ramadita
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well, this is a good start for S. Cole's debut novel!
"Sin in Suburbia" was one of a kind novel, the story was so extra ordinary. This book were keep me in the dark 'till the end.
So many twist and turn, sometime that thing just got you to the curiousity and you will dying to know what's really happen in Calista and Tim's past.
The bad part is, I don't like people who cheating when they are already merried. That's not really my thing, since I'm typical Happily-Ever-After girl, but.. I can't really
Tre Talbot
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book had a little bit of everything, mystery, betrayal and sexiness. I thought it was a great debut for S.Cole no doubt about it. Throughout the entire book I was trying to figure out what the secret was that they were keeping and we're left with the mystery till the very end. I enjoyed this book very much and will absolutely be reading more by this woman.

Just finished my second read through and this time with the audiobook version and I was once again pulled into the neighborhood and Bri i
Dani
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
S. Cole's debut novel ticks all the boxes, with secrets, lies, deceit, romance, and suspense, this story will have you on the edge of your seat from the first few chapters till the last page. And then you'll need the second book in the series.

Her writing style, characters, and storyline keep you turning the page, wanting to know more and uncover some of those deep seated secrets that's hidden just below the surface of the polished veneer. Cali, or Calista, is one intriguing character that will
Melissa Ann
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
For a debut novel this one kept me on the edge of my seat! It's dark and has many twists and turns, you think you'll have it figured out, but it's not what or who you thought. I loved the storyline, the characters, the setting...just everything! I will definitely be reading from S. Cole again! 5 amazing stars for a debut!
Naomi
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh Sapphire Court, what can we sat about it...lies , deceit, book clubs, girls night and sex....lots of hot sex!...and twists and turns...S Coles definitely throws in some curve balls!..really enjoyed it, can't wait to read book 2...5*****
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh The Tangled Web We Weave....

Took me several chapters to really get into the book, but once I was hooked, I was hooked good! Calista and her friends are hard to like, and the men are mostly one-dimensional, but what a story!
PayrollJoe
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sin in Suburbia is the top of my recommendation list to read. In meeting Calista, the protagonist of the first of the Brookston Housewives series, the hot scenes are turned on right away by her boredom in being alone while her husband is constantly away. We are introduced to BBB club in what made me reminiscent of watching Desparate Housewives with my wife, this is a great thing. There's tomfoolery, mystery, love lost, found and questions that remain after you read this book.
It's a fantastic fo
Priscilla (angstbooklover)
Four stars

This book was different from Any other books I've read.It was a bit odd but good.Sex scenes was great but I wasn't really into it.I know we readers all have different tastes and this was not my sandwich.I don't know why but it didn't really get to me,maybe because of the cheating or it wasn't rough enough to rock my boat but anyway it was beautifully told story and characters were perfect.
Bryce
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
This whole book keeps you guessing and you will be left guessing after finishing it. Had kind of a messed up ending well the whole book was all around messed up. I'm not a fan of cheating so I try to avoid reading books with it. It was a good story though, I love the way it was written. I looked for book two but it doesn't seem to be out yet. It was good enough to continue.
Samantha Rae
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I met Ms. Cole at the Naughty in Myrtle Beach on June 9 2018. She was so amazing to talk too that I went back to the hotel and got this book. I finished in less the 24 hours and I’m on to book 2. So many twist and turns, truly give this book a chance
Jenny Prose
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm ashamed to say that it has taken me so long to read S. Cole's debut novel. This story was fascinating and had so many twists and turns that I didn't see coming. There is definitely a desperate housewives theme to this story at first, but than you have a huge mystery on your hands that is crazy and twisted. After reading this book I realized that this is just the beginning of the story of what is going on in Sapphire Court. We have only seen the tip of this iceberg and I can't wait to see wha ...more
abdulia ortiz-perez
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg this book was so epic. It had me hook for more. I'm in love with this book! It had just about everything yo want it to sexiness, mystery, and even betratal. This housewives where sexy hot in every page I turn was hotter n hotter. It was epic! I couldn't put it down. Best book if the year. Everybody should get this book because you will love it and it just hot.
Can't wait for the second book. I need and want the second book!💖💖💖💖
Dee Ellis
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was definitely different than what I was expecting but that's refreshing!! It was twisty turny with a startling moment I didn't expect. It was hard to like the characters but that's because they were flawed and realistic. I like a few others, struggled with the third person narrative but I think it was necessary for the stories Cole wants to tell. I'm definitely interested in the follow-up!
Anna
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
WOW! This book took a turn I wasn't expecting. I've never read a character I hated just as much as I loved. Calista absolutely pushes buttons but you can't help but love her. And the ending! Did not see that coming. The Brookston housewives are definitely an interesting bunch. I can not wait to read the next installment in this series.
Tania
Jun 19, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: bad-read
How many Time CAN you say Calista in a book ?

The answer is way to many . I only made it to 19% of this book before i was done and over with it . Bad writing and saying the caractors name about 150% more than Needed ! Argggh
Love2ReadRomance
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sin In Suburbia, what a perfect name for this very intriguing book! S. Cole sucks you in to this little community, and you find yourself totally addicted to finding out their secrets. Can't wait to read Secrets Of Sapphire!
Tarrah Anders
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This would be 5 stars... but it's a 4.5 only because I have sooooo many questions! I loved this book from beginning to end and finished it in one sitting.
Calista and her boredom, the other women and their obvious secrets... I'm consumed and I need to avoid real life so I can continue on...
Alice
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is soooo good! I've always been a massive fan of desperate housewives and this book reminded me of that show. I didn't know what was coming next when I started each chapter, it was gripping and I loved the ending even though I didn't expect it. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
Lisa Murphy-Garza
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book had everything wrapped up into one. I can't wait to read the next one.
Gemma Shepherd
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very dark

This was very different to what I normally read but I really enjoyed it, the story had me hooked. Looking forward to reading the next one xx
Goodreads Librari...: Extra copy of same book on author profile 3 147 Aug 28, 2016 05:28AM
Shay Shay is a professional storyteller. She has written stories for as long as she can remember. Self-publishing three novels and two short stories under the pen name S. Cole, Shay Shay has a way with words.

She is now taking her real life experiences and sharing them with other crazy, quirky millennials . . . or people who like a good laugh and love all things about brunch on her blog: Shay Shay