Start by marking “Bright Minds Empty Souls” as Want to Read:
Bright Minds Empty Souls

Bright Minds Empty Souls

Bright Minds Empty Souls is for the hopeless romantics and those who need a friend to comfort their late night thoughts. It’s a book made with love about falling in and out of love with yourself, and others. Enjoy over 60 poems from Jennae's second edition of, Bright Minds Empty Souls.
Published April 18th 2016 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Bright Minds Empty Souls, please sign up.
Ashley Hello Jodi, fellow reader here! This poem I would rate "PG"-- it does not contain much of any explicit content and should be appropriate for a…moreHello Jodi, fellow reader here! This poem I would rate "PG"-- it does not contain much of any explicit content and should be appropriate for a teenager to read. (less)

Start your review of Bright Minds Empty Souls
Clumsy Storyteller
i REALLY enjoyed this short book. i finished it in one sitting. Some of the poems were so short, and i wanted more. Stranger and i belong to you were my absolute favorites of this collection.

Stranger

i spilled my secrets out to you
through written messages and calls.
told you who i wanted to be,
and what scared me most of all.
but then you let me go.
now you're just a stranger
who knows everything i know.

I belong to you

part of me will always belong to you.
you are inside of me forever.
running through
Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura)

I’ve started to love poetry but I noticed that I don’t usually rate any higher than 3 stars. This one was a 3 star read. Some poems I related to and they felt
Rachel Nicole Wagner
**4/5 stars :)
I love Jennae's bravery and originality. She is all about getting her voice and vision out there in the world. She is unafraid of self-publishing and she is empowering others to believe in their dreams and pursue them no matter how big or scary they may seem. The only reason this has 4 instead of 5 stars is because of some grammatical and spelling errors here and there but it is a self-published book an that's understandable.
Amazing job, Jennae. I look forward to more poetry from
Kenya Wright
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Deep and passionate. I am def going to read more of her poetry. There were several winners. I'm just pissed that while I was reading I was updating the wrong poetry book with these words. :-/

Oh yeah, and it could've been longer, but still awesome!
Bella
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ich fand diese Gedichtssammlung wunderschön! Ich konnte mich gut hineinversetzen, was bei Gedichten ja immer recht persönlich ist. Es gab zwar den ein oder anderen Rechtschreibfehler, aber das störte mich überhaupt nicht.
Mein Favorit war:
"Long ago he asked me what I wanted to be and I smiled and said happy.
But really I wanted more than that simple task.
I wanted to come home at night with ink stains on my hands.
I wanted to end my day with sore fingers from turning my thoughts to words.
I wanted
Jessica | Booked J
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Blog | Twitter | Instagram | Review also posted at Booked J. | "It is a blessing and a curse to remember everything."

For those of you who have been following me for a while, you may have noticed that I have a massive appreciation for poets who bring us into their lives by simple prose. It never matters how little or much they pen; there's just a spark of life within their words and it's kind of fearless to let countless readers into your most intimate thoughts.

Jennae Cecelia has a voice that
thelovelyshelf
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 / 5 stars

Overall Thoughts:

Bright Minds Empty Souls was such a lovely collection of poetry! All of the poems flowed so well together, and and I now appreciate poetry even more because of it.

This book has poems about heartbreak, loss, love, beauty, and so much more. Some of the poems in Bright Minds Empty Souls really resonated with me, & it amazes me how Jennae can take some issues that are so complex and difficult, and turn it into just a few simple sentences that have so much meaning
cheyenne raine
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
bright minds empty souls is the kind of poetry book you curl up with when you're feeling slightly off from your normal self. this book with a cup of tea or coffee, a warm blanket and some soft acoustics playing in the background make for a lovely night of healing and breathing. jennae cecelia gives you her warmth, so that you are not all alone in your own thoughts.
Pauline
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was a very good book!!!
Alex Salmeron
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Meh.
amanda
Feb 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
I find myself 12 steps ahead.
Living more in the future than the present.
Reminiscing on the past.
Worrying about what's ahead.
Dreading what I have left behind.
Forgetting to remember.
Remembering all I have forgotten.
I hope tomorrow is a better day.
Because here I am today still thinking of
everything but what is in front of me.

This was pretty good! It's a super quick read, and I really liked some of the pieces. My only issue was that there were quite a few typos and grammatical errors.
Sanja
Sep 28, 2017 rated it liked it

this didn't completely get through to me. I liked some of the poems, but there was nothing I absolutely loved. There were 3 or 4 typos which really bothered me because this is around 70 pages of short poems - how can there be so many typos?
I feel like these are very personal poems about hurt and love but the emotions didn't really get to me (and usually I am a very emotional reader..)
Jay
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm usually not a big poetry person, especially relationship based poetry, but I just adore Jennae Cecelia's writing in general. It's just smooth and well done, and made me want to sit and read this entire book of poems in one sitting (which I almost did). Of course the gorgeous cover also helps add to this fantastic book's appeal.
Debbie
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Phenomenal

What an amazing book of poetry. I am stunned at how eloquent the author expresses every feeling you could possibly have through her words. So moved by her words. Nothing but love for her work.
Elena ( The Queen Reads )
Even the best flavor can be spoiled by the taste of a bitter memory.
Jul 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
Guys, it was the cover. I love this cover, liked the title a lot, so I gave this a shot. I was 20% in when I hated it but it was too late, I had to finish it so I could be honest in my disappointment.

Here is the title poem:
His mind was
bright
but his soul was
empty.

Are you disappointed? That's how I feel.

When did every poetry collection become about relationships with titles like "Cold turkey" and "I belong to you". The whole collection was just so sentimental (but picture me saying that with the
Maria
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I identify so well with this book and I LOVE it!
„Bright Minds empty souls" I will read more often in the next few days, weeks and months! I loved every single poem and always thought „YES!“
5 Stars
MoonChild Ceres
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Touching

Her words are pure and yet they make you remember what its like to be in love and heartbroken. I can't wait to read her other books.
Spanina
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
2,5
Was kinda good, but nothing special.
Gwendolyn Kensinger
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved the simplicity. Hated the errors.
TheGuardian
It was written lovely, but I've never ever been in a relationship before, so I had no connection. *shrugs*
Weasel Weasel
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a gut punching collection of poetry. Each new page is a new bruise. The poems were short notes, and though sometimes feeling incomplete, the words remained with you til the last page.
Aechey
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my second time reading a poetry book, so it can be that my opinion could change when I read more books in the genre ‘poetry’.
But I really liked this book! It had some very good poems that I found fascinating!
Leena
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: poetry
2.5*

I hate giving few stars to poetry collections because they are obviously very personal. However, I just didn't enjoy this one as much. It was alright but didn't excite me. I prefer one of her other poetry collections over this one.
Tia Marie
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just finished Jennae Cecelia's first book Bright Minds Empty Souls and even with a few grammatical errors I loved it. My favorites were: The Answer, Hell, and Settling. Looking forward to reading her second book, Uncaged Wallflower.
Lexie
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry-or-verse
When I was younger my Uncle would give me poetry magazines and books aplenty, hoping to cultivate in me a love of the art form like he does. Sometimes they worked (Salad Anniversary by Machi Tawara was one such gift and I adore that), but often they didn't. Not for lack of me trying, I just didn't understand.

Largely I believe it was because of the type Uncle gave me - over the years I've found poems that I can connect specific memories of time or memories of emotion to as my fav. Uncle prefers
Haley
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-it-read
Seeing the surge in self-pubbed lady authored poetry has been wonderful. There have always been poets who are women, but lately there seem to be more and more small collections rising to the surface like the richest cream. (How cheesy is that metaphor?)

This is good for two reasons: Lady poets are getting recognition, which is amazing in itself; but also, they are getting people excited about poetry–people like me who were formerly not excited about poetry at ALL. We are seeking it out now,
Sissel
Feb 12, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry, 2017
Some of the poems were good

I really liked some of the poems, but most of them felt flat to me. Most of this rating has to do with the writing mistakes and that sometimes I think the formating of the kindle version was off.
JaNae
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I actually read a few of these poems earlier in the year when I got it. I personally love poetry and how it's sorta like music. And the type of music Jennae made it just made me want to either sing along, dance, and sometimes cry over past memories. This book made me feel it was relatable it made me smile about things that have happened to me and things that have yet to come I just I recommend this only if you want to feel and if you love words ...more
Pauline Tolentino
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The words are easy to read yet so beautiful. Reading the book was like going on a journey along with the author. The cover is minimalistic but, it speaks so much. A must read!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• in the absence of the sun
  • Letting Go Is an Acquired Taste
  • Things I Learned in the Night
  • Beautiful Mistakes
  • She Was The Storm
  • Burn The Fairy Tales
Jennae Cecelia is the self-published and best-selling author of the poetry books, Bright Minds Empty Souls, Uncaged Wallflower, I Am More Than a Daydream, and her latest release, an extension off of Uncaged Wallflower.

She has developed a strong passion for writing uplifting poetry that encourages
her readers to reach their full potential and learn about fulfilling their dreams.

Jennae's soul is
“Don’t settle. Be with someone who wants to hold you hand, and give you forehead kisses. Someone who will drive long distances just to spend a few hours with you. Don’t settle. Be with someone who will make you feel loved 365 days. Someone who says, “us” and not, “me” when speaking of future plans. Don’t settle. You’re better than that.” 2 likes
“Instant Gratification She didn’t need instant gratification, or want some short-term fling. But the world was piled with people looking to “feel good” for only a brief moment. Fast food, instant coffee, microwave dinners. Anything to cut time and make it easier. She wasn’t about to settle for cheap food and mediocre coffee, so why would she settle for your need of instant gratification?” 1 likes