Start by marking “Pete the Cat: Five Little Ducks” as Want to Read:
Pete the Cat: Five Little Ducks

Pete the Cat: Five Little Ducks

(Pete the Cat)

#1 New York Times bestseller James Dean turns it up in Pete the Cat’s cool adaptation of the classic children’s song “Five Little Ducks.”

Five little ducks went out to play, with one cool cat leading the way. Sing along with Pete the Cat in his groovy adaptation. Fans of Pete the cat will love rocking out to this classic tune with a groovy twist in this low-price hardcover
Published January 24th 2017 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Pete the Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pete the Cat

Start your review of Pete the Cat: Five Little Ducks
Abigail
Jul 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Pete the Cat / Readers Looking for Picture-Book Versions of the Song
Using the lyrics of the well-known children's song Five Little Ducks as a starting point, James Dean inserts his cool cat Pete into the story, creating a fun selection about a play-date in which the anatine participants start to disappear, one by one. Pete, who has replaced Mama Duck in the song, is sad to see them go, but happy when they return...

One of a number of these little Pete the Cat song books - previous titles include Pete the Cat: The Wheels on the Bus and Pete the Cat: Twinkle,
Vivian
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
What a great flannel presentation this would make! These five little ducks can be differentiated by what they are wearing. One wears an orange sweater, another red tennis shoes, another glasses, another a green baseball hat, and one wears a red bow tie. If you, the grownup reader doesn't happen to notice this your attentive younger observer is sure to point it out. Little ones will also enjoy the duckling distractions, such as a yellow butterfly, a green frog, a blue bird, a red ladybug and a ...more
Mary
A Pete the Cat version of the classic children's song "Five Little Ducks." Familiar illustrations and bouncy rhythm make this a fun read aloud.
Peacegal
May 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
I normally like Pete the Cat; he's at his best when he stars in original stories, which have a goofy vibe and a hippie sensibility. However, when he's dropped into non-original content like this, Pete gets more generic and less appealing. Tiny tots will still enjoy it, but older kids will find little memorable about this one.
Julie
Jan 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
I am a sucker for Pete the Cat. In this book, he plays with some ducklings, and looks adorable in his Wellington boots (wellies)!
Rachel Stoneking
Summary:
This book has Pete the cat leading a group of five ducks to the water, they do different things on there walk. As this walk continues Pete notices that the ducks start disappearing after they do one activity. Five ducks followed him to the water but only 4 ducks jumped in then they jumped out but only 3 ducks followed him. Pete walked by a park and wanted to swing but this time only two ducks played with him. Now it started raining so Pete ran inside with only one duck then he decided
Meg McGregor
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lexi-victoria
Pete the Cat, is venturing into new territories! He is creating his own spin on classic nursery rhymes!

This story, is a variation of the nursery rhyme song, "Five Little Ducks!"

Pete is supposed to be watching five little ducks. As they go about their fun-filled day, he keeps losing one, then another, and another, etc.

Finally, he is left with no ducks; until they all come back, with a great surprise for Pete!

As usual, the illustrations are bright and colorful; the text precise and enticing for
Sharde Liggins
"Pete the Cat Five Little Ducks" by James Dean is a spinoff of the classic song/tale five little ducks. Pete the cat is going out in his Wellington boots on a gloomy rainy day accompanied by five little ducks. With every description beginning "5 little ducks with 1 cool cat leading the way" every activity Pete and the ducks do rather it's swimming or playing indoors one duck is left behind. When Pete is sad and thinks he's all alone the ducks come back to thank Pete by building him something ...more
WSU-CW
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoy reading this series with younger aged kids. The pictures go with the words on the page so the child is able to understand the story without having to actually read all the words. It is simple enough that kids pick up and the patterns and predict what will happen next, but also offers a surprise ending about friendship.
Patrick
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I enjoyed this cat cool take on a classic song. The story keeps the same elements of the 5 little ducks who went swimming one day, but mixes it up with other activities: hopping, swinging and playing indoors. It all counts down to the end where the ducks have a special surprise for Pete when they come back.
Jesse
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As much as I feel like Pete the Cat is the James Patterson of children's picture books, I grudgingly enjoy all of the books. This new take on the familiar Five Little Ducks is fun with great illustrations.
Jessica
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I missed these books while my kids were the right age. Just love this book. It has 5 little ducks and little by little there are none. At the end, they end up playing together, but it is a count down from 5.

It's all good. I love Pete the Cat!
Christine Grant
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
I used this during my Movement and Music class and intended to sing the story. Unfortunately, I found it difficult to integrate the words into the traditional tune. I ended up just chanting the book with was okay. Not my favorite Pete the Cat story.
Rachael Scott
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Pete the Cat! I will use this one for a story time for sure. The text lines up pretty well with the song that is so familiar but I will need to practice it to make sure that I have the rhythm down pat before using it for story time.
Enora
Oct 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: children-s-book
Alissa Kennell
Sep 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: edu-261
This is a good book for pre-schoolers learning how to count. The book has bright pictures and fun illustrations that engages the reader.
Cara
My son is a huge Pete the Cat book and while this book was cute, it almost seemed like a rip off of 'The 5 Little Ducks' by Raffi.
Jill
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: story-hour-books
This is such a cute book, it has counting, it teaches about friendship. I haven't read a Pete the Cat book that I haven't loved!!
Marina
Poor Pete. Deserted by ducks!
Emily Lisowski
An interesting take on the five little ducks story. The illustrations were fun and colorful. It introduced counting and rhyming in a fun entertaining way. A good book for subtraction lessons!
Jessica
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Very cute book that practices counting down. May read it again when my son gets a little older.
Lindsay
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My son loved it because it was so easy to read...plus Pete is a really cool cat
Abigail Butler
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
Good patterns for students to remember and learn to read

Great pictures
Drew
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read this book! It's really cool. It reminded me of the "5 Little Ducks" song.
Joy Keil
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: clara
We always enjoy a good nursery rhyme remake. Cute.
Katelynne
Jun 01, 2019 rated it liked it
A cute take on the original 5 Little Ducks song featuring a familiar character.
Heather Jo
Jun 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: meggie-list
Candice
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-kids, borrowed
I wanted to love this book. But it did not rhyme well and the rhythm was off from the song making it hard for my 6 yoa to sing/read. The kids still enjoyed it though
Adena
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The kiddos love Pete the Cat, so as soon as I pulled this out everyone was excited! It’s, of course, not my favorite Pete the Cat book, but it was absolutely perfect for our ducks storytime. :)
Jeani
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Fun book for Pete the Cat fans!

• Hi! Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #1)
  • Franklin In The Dark
  • Little Dinos Don't Bite
  • Little Blue Truck's Springtime
  • Flora and the Flamingo
  • Llama Llama Gram and Grandpa
  • The Duckling Gets a Cookie!? (Pigeon series)
  • Franklin and the Thunderstorm
  • Merry Christmas, Curious George
  • Pete the Cat: Too Cool for School
  • The Crayons' Book of Numbers
  • Click, Clack, Quack to School!
  • The Goodnight Train
  • Waiting

Pete the Cat (1 - 10 of 48 books)
  • Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes