Start by marking “Rise of Fire (Reign of Shadows, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rise of Fire (Reign of Shadows, #2)

Rise of Fire

(Reign of Shadows #2)

Luna and Fowler have escaped the kingdom of Relhok, but they haven’t escaped the darkness. When a battle against the dark dwellers mortally injures Fowler, Luna is faced with a choice: put their fate in the hands of mysterious strangers or risk losing Fowler forever. Desperate to keep the one bright part of her life alive, Luna accepts the help of soldiers from a nearby ki ...more
Published February 7th 2017 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Rise of Fire, please sign up.

Stacee
Nov 11, 2016 rated it liked it
After the ending of Reign of Shadows, I was dying to get my hands on the next book. I thought this was a trilogy, so I had planned on holding off on reading RoF until book 3 was almost out. Then I found out it was a duology...

I still liked Luna and Fowler, but this time I definitely saw faults. Her blindness was something that irritated me the entire time. There were so many things she does or experiences that are described as if she had sight. Then there would be a vague mention of her special
Alyssa

Publication Date: February 7, 2017
Rating: 1 star
Source: eARC from Edelweiss

Summary (from Goodreads):

The richly suspenseful sequel to Sophie Jordan’s romantic fantasy Reign of Shadows.

Devin
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
Oh my God.

This is the most insta-lovey, cringey, cheesy diaglouse story I have ever read.

Barf.

“This is my kingdom. I’ve always known it.”

This was a YA fantasy sequel which picked up where book 1 left off.

Both Luna and Fowler fought for what they wanted in this book, even when things seemed dire. I did think that Luna continued to do pretty well at hiding her blindness though, and she did seem to fool people.

The storyline in this picked up where book 1 left off, and Luna and Fowler ended up at La
Frankie Lovely
review to come

Uuuuum .... that was disappointing *cries*

I loved Reign of Shadows and after that ending!!! I was SO excited ... and ... ugh nope

boring
Christina
My full review of this title can be found here on The Book Hookup.

Divider

♥ Teaser Quote: There's some really great moments in this book and I'm sure you wouldn't be surprised that a majority of my favorite quotes happened around kissing scenes. (*fake whispers* Kissing is my favorite.)
    His hands burned a trail everywhere, roaming my back, callused fingertips stroking my nape and burrowing into my hair. I trembled as he tugged my head back, his lips gliding over my throat before coming back to
melissafandomworld
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just as the first book, reign of shadows, this was again a book I couldn't put down the second I started reading it. Addictive, action packed, enthralling.. I loved every second of it! I want more, more, more! Too bad it's a duo-logy and this was really the end. I'm going to miss this world and these characters!!
Colleen Houck
Loved this conclusion to the series. What an awesome hero and heroine. Sophie Jordan does it again. This is a world I'd hate to live in but that makes it all the more exciting. If you're a zombie fan, check out the monsters in this series!
rachel
Rise of Fire was a disappointingly rushed and ridiculous finale to this series. While I was never the biggest fan of Reign of Shadows, especially compared to some of my friends who are completely in love with Fowler, I did think that the first book did an excellent job of setting up a decent story arc for the sequel. I was wrong.

Luna was stubborn to a fault. She repeatedly hurt the people she loved - and was trying to protect - by refusing to do something that needed to be done or taking unneces
megs_bookrack
Mar 25, 2018 rated it liked it
My final rating for Rise of Fire is between a 3- and a 3.5.-stars which means I did like it. This book picks up immediately following the conclusion of Book 1, Reign of Shadows, which left on quite a cliffhanger indeed! Although I did like it, I definitely did not enjoy it as much as the first book. I think some of that had to do with the plot of this story and a bit of it had to do with me picking up on more flaws in the execution of writing a blind main character.

If you are onto this book, mo
~Tina~
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A sharp adventure with smart and daring character and a blissfully romantic love story that pulls the heart string and never let's go!
I savored every word!
Beth  (YA Books Central)
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I need more!!! I need more of Luna and Fowler! I absolutely LOVED this book!!! Full review to come closer to pub date! Rise of Fire is so full of suspense, action, and swoon worthy romance!!
allypages
this could of been so good, the story has such potential but the first half was utterly boring and the second gave me whiplash with how quickly the story was resolved. Such a big plot element happened right at the end and it could of been explored and executed in greater detail. Very disappointing finale :(
Esteer
Feb 17, 2017 rated it liked it
me ha gustado aunque no le puedo dar mas nota, los protagonistas y la historia me ha gustado pero se centra demasiado en la pareja, hay acción romance y humor, pero le ha faltado desarrollar bien el mundo , ademas el final ha sido muy apresurado, pese a todo lo recomiendo si buscais un libro para entreteneros que se centre en el romance y que sea una lectrua rápida, sin duda me ha gustado.
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
Honestly, I don't have much to say about this book. I really enjoyed the first book, so I was so excited to read this book. Unfortunately, this was a major let down.

The one main thing I liked about this book was that the plot of this book was addictive. Even when his book was annoying me, I still couldn't put it down?

The romance drove me insane. I thought the romance was adorable in the first book. However, a lot of the elements of the romance in this book made me cringe so much. There was force
Shelley
*Source* Publisher via Edelweiss
*Genre* Young Adult, Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5

*My Thoughts*

*Full Review @ Gizmos Reviews*

Rise of Fire is the final installment in author Sophie Jordan's Reign of Shadows duology. Rise of Fire picks up right where Reign of Shadows left off. This duology alternates between two characters. 17-year old Luna, the true heir to the crown of Relhok, and 17-year old Fowler, estranged son of Cullan the former chancellor who killed Luna's parents, the King and Queen of Relhok, and
Nice conclusion, but a bit of a hasty one.
3.5/5 stars

This review will contain spoilers from book 1.

Rise of Fire is the final book in the Reign of Shadows duology. It is a YA fantasy series.

The book alternates narrators between Luna and Fowler. The first book left off with a massive cliffhanger. You must have read Reign of Shadows before reading this book.

For the most part I enjoyed this sequel. There is a lot of book one recapped in the first chapter (which I appreciate).

The basic premise of this series is that 17 years ago Luna's paren
Shannon (It Starts At Midnight)
I have a serious case of the mixed feelings here, friends. I really liked Reign of Shadows Found it interesting. Wanted to see where the story went, since it ended on quite the cliffhanger. So yeah, I was excited to dive back in!

But things... they didn't go as I had hoped? Okay. Look. It wasn't all bad. So let's start with the things I liked!

did get more Fowler and Luna, yay! I ship
Sara
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Meh.
Despues del final del primer libro me esperaba más acción y lucha entre los reinos.
Lo que recibimos es Luna aún con sus ideales imposibles, peleas infantiles entre ellos, los protagonistas atascados en un castillo con un rey cruel, un final apresurado y sacado de la manga.

En general meh :-\
Sofi
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really glad I didn't give up on Sophie Jordan, this series was pretty good. It was really entertaining to read. Looking forward to more books by her.
Jessi
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mehr auf: http://xobooksheaven.wordpress.com/

Inhalt:

Seit Jahren herrscht Finsternis über dem Königreich Relhok. Doch Luna, die wahre Königin des Reiches, ist es mithilfe des Waldläufers Fowler gelungen, aus Relhok zu fliehen. Der Mörder ihrer Eltern droht, auch sie zu töten. Auf der Flucht wird ihr Verbündeter lebensgefährlich verletzt. Nur die fremden Soldaten des Königs Lagonia können ihnen helfen. Doch kann sie ihnen vertrauen? Um endlich der Dunkelheit zu entkommen und ihre Feinde zu besiege
Nancy The book junkie
Review to come!
Chelsea
Jun 03, 2016 marked it as to-read
OMG THE COVER IS GORGEOUS. WOW. IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS DARN BOOK YAAAS.
Cindee
This was a really good end to a really good duology that had me on the edge of my seat the whole time it never stopped for very long it was very fast paced. I really like the characters the main along with others like Chasan he started out kind of bad but then he got better so in the end I liked him. As for Luna and Fowler I loved their love story it was so heart felt I ship them so very much one of my new favorite romances in YA. I loved the story it started out with a bang right where it left ...more
Cassie-la
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
ORIGINALLY POSTED: https://bibliomantics.com/2018/01/12/...

I had some problems with the first book in the Reign of Shadows series, which I found to be a dull novel with far too much walking. Thankfully, the less-loved second book in the series does away with almost all of that and instead becomes a book about courtly intrigue! While most readers hated this sudden and unexpected change in direction, I was pleasantly surprised. Let’s just not talk about that super convenient ending.
Ivie
Jan 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This review might contain spoilers for the first book, Reign of Shadows, but no spoilers for Rise of Fire

Let me start off this review by saying the first book is definitely better. I really recommend the first book, Rise of Fire.

Story World

Same as the first book, we find Luna and Fowler on their quest and lots of things happen that I can't quite get into without spoiling the book altogether. Lots of stuff goes down.

Plot

The plot follows the plight of Luna and Fowler as they settle into the fact t
Erin Arkin
Jan 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Rise of Fire is the second book in the Reign of Fire series by Sophie Jordan and I picked this one up because I was curious to see how Jordan would continue the story for Luna and Fowler. I will do my best to not spoil anything here but be warned, if you haven’t read book one, you may not want to read until you have.

This book picks up right after the end of book one and I was immediately pulled back into this world where danger is everywhere. When Fowler was pulled underground by the Dwellers, L
Melissa
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Eh. No. Wtf??
That's it? Half of the plot lines aren't even explained??!! And it's the final book? What???

Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a fantastic finale! I think I liked this better than book 1! And omg there were tons of swoon worthy scenes! Damn I love Fowler!!
Goodreads Librari...: Default Blurb in Spanish 2 20 Feb 12, 2018 09:56AM
  • The Great Pursuit (Eurona Duology, #2)
  • Krait's Redemption (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #5)
  • Exposed (Captive, #2)
  • Waters of Salt and Sin (Uncommon World, #1)
  • First Command (Tides #0.5)
  • What Tears Us Apart
  • Buried Heart (Court of Fives, #3)
  • The Natural History of Us (The Fine Art of Pretending, #2)
  • Thief's Cunning (Assassin's Heart #2)
  • The Shadow Hour (The Girl at Midnight, #2)
  • How Not to Let Go (Belhaven, #2)
  • To Win Her Smile (Players, #5)
  • A Daring Sacrifice (An Uncertain Choice, #2)
  • The Assassin's Masque (Palace of Spies, #3)
  • One Blood Ruby (Seven Black Diamonds, #2)
  • Hannah Both Ways
  • Firehearted
  • Ruled (Outlaws, #3)
Pseudonym:
Sharie Kohler

Sophie Jordan took her adolescent daydreaming one step further and penned her first historical romance in the back of her high school Spanish class. This passion led her to pursue a degree in English and History.

A brief stint in law school taught her that case law was not nearly as interesting as literature - teaching English seemed the natural recourse. After several years

Reign of Shadows (2 books)
  • Reign of Shadows (Reign of Shadows, #1)