Start by marking “Dill Bizzy: Opposite Day” as Want to Read:
Dill  Bizzy: Opposite Day

Dill Bizzy: Opposite Day

Bizzy the strange bird has decided: Today is Opposite Day! Time to eat dinner for breakfast, have a loud dance party instead of a quiet rest, and say good morning at bedtime. But Bizzy’s best friend, Dill the odd duck, would prefer to have a normal day, with no opposites. So Dill says, “No, no, stop!” to Opposite Day, while Bizzy says, “Yes, yes, go!” Will Opposite Day tur ...more
Published January 24th 2017 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Dill Bizzy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dill Bizzy

Start your review of Dill Bizzy: Opposite Day
Don Gubler
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Clever and fun. Refreshing perspective.
Donna Mork
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: opposites
An odd duck and a strange bird are best friends. They wake up on opposite day and try to do the whole day opposite from what they usually do. When they realize opposites of friends is enemies, they change their minds and go to bed. It must be a normal day because they are still friends.
Beth Rodgers
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
'Dill & Bizzy Opposite Day' by Nora Ericson, illustrated by Lisa Ericson, is an adorable story about two best friends who can't seem to come to an understanding. This is mainly caused by Bizzy's insistence that Dill take part in opposite day, a day in which they do everything opposite of each other.

Dill, who is not too keen on this idea, attempts to voice objection as often as possible, even if just through his facial expressions, but his objections only cause Bizzy to be more insistent that the
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Ericson, Nora Dill & Bizzy: Opposite Day, illustrated by Lisa Ericson. PCTURE BOOK. Harper, 2017. $17.

Dill and Bizzy are best of friends. When Bizzy wakes up first for once, Bizzy declares it must be Opposite Day. No matter Dill’s protests, Bizzy is right there with the opposite. Until, that is, Dill comes up with something Bizzy doesn’t want to be opposite at all.

I have not read the first Dill and Bizzy book, but I am very happy to meet them. This sister author/illustrator team makes a great p
Corinne Apezteguia
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is such an adorable book. I love the sweet and quirky Dill and Bizzy and their unusual friendship. This book made me laugh out loud ("have a sour day!" is my favorite). But it goes deeper than that--it was sweet and heartwarming (cliche as that sounds). It opened up an important conversation with my kids about finding friends in unlikely places. The bright, happy illustrations are a real treat.
Pamela
Students could follow pattern of book and add their own pages to the story.
Elizabeth S
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars. Opposite day has always been a source of great confusion. Which is part of the fun.
Karen Johnson
Jun 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked the concept of the book, but the artwork didn't do anything for me.
Rachel
Mar 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Fun story, opposites are okay until it means you can't be best friends. Has some solid classroom appilcations.
Bmack
I think this is a really cute book that would be perfect to introduce or teach the concept of opposite. the characters are adorable!
Jana
This fun picture book tells the story of two strange birds who are best friends. When one of them declares that the day is Opposite Day, all sorts of crazy things happen. Young readers will giggle and have fun imagining their own Opposite Day. This would be a great book to help with a study of opposites.
Casandria
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture, preschool
Poor Dill! I just wanted him to be able to escape the "opposite day" cycle!
Earl
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Maybe because I knew these characters now, I liked this more than the first book in this series. Fun and playful, this should be a hit during storytimes. Classrooms may enjoy having their own Opposite Day!
MaryLibrarianOH
A fun book to each kids opposites but that also shows the frustration one feels when a friend doesn't listen.
Edward Sullivan
Jan 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Fowl friends celebrate Opposite Day.
Alice
Apr 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
I really wanted to like this book (and the first one) but all I can give it is the dreaded "ok" didn't love it so I can't rave...didn't hate it so I can't completely bash it! I think with the right audience...this could be fun! Maybe in a classroom setting to talk about opposites!
BriAnna
Feb 16, 2017
Brittany
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: preschool
Bizzy usually sleeps in, but today she wakes up before Dill. Conclusion: It's Opposite Day! Bizzy goes crazy all day thinking of the amazing things they can do that is the opposite of what they usually do: Dinner instead of breakfast, wet instead of dry, diving to the ground instead of flying into the sky. Needless to say, Dill protests - but all his protests make Bizzy do more because it's opposite day. Until the realize if it is really opposite day, they are not best friends but worst enemies. ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Betty Bunny Wants Everything
  • Betty Bunny Wants a Goal
  • Walt's Imagination: The Life of Walt Disney
  • Oliver's Fruit Salad (Oliver, #4)
  • Strega Nona and the Twins