Start by marking “Look Great, Feel Great: 12 Keys to Enjoying a Healthy Life Now” as Want to Read:
Look Great, Feel Great: 12 Keys to Enjoying a Healthy Life Now

Look Great, Feel Great: 12 Keys to Enjoying a Healthy Life Now

Revealing 12 keys to reclaiming our health through such things as exercise, eating habits, soul care and responsibility, Meyer uses her engaging style to reveal how simple the restoration process really is.
Published April 4th 2006 by Faithwords (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Look Great, Feel Great, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Look Great, Feel Great

Jackie
Nov 21, 2007 rated it it was amazing
I used this book to help me start getting in shape. After reading it I started walking at least 30 min per day,drinking water which I really didn't want to do, and in general trying to eat healthy. I am proud to say that I have lost 25 lbs and feel pretty good.
Jaclyn
Mar 18, 2010 rated it it was ok
I listened to this one on audio and it started out really great. Unfortunately it began to feel repetitive and long by the end of the "book". I will admit that this is not my first introduction to the necessity and benefits of healthy habits and exercise, and it felt like this book was geared toward those who have not taken care of themselves in any way for a very long time, if ever. With that in mind, this is a great book b/c Meyer gets down to the very basics of health and nutrition and the im ...more
Natalie
It helped me a lot to view this whole "diet" stuff from a different perspective. Nowadays everything is about looks and beauty. But through this book I learnt that its actually about pleasing God and not yourself or others.

If you get this point you will have a better stability in pulling things through, because after all: You are pulling them through for God. That gives it a higher reason.

So I knocked it out of my head to do things for my glory: I want to look good, I want to loose weight, I wa
Savvymaami
Sep 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
I have been a fan of Joyce Meyer for quite some time, but just started reading her books. This is the first one.

I appreciate her message in helping us deal with the whole diet, exercise and weight issues that so many of us face, me included. I already knew a lot of the information, however she reminded me how important it was to deal with it constructively which I have not been doing. And keeping it Christian-centered brought it home for me.

I feel more confident in my diet and exercise goals af
Hannah Spencer
Aug 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
She did not have new information or techniques really new to me (as some one who reads a lot of weight loss books), but she did say it in a new way. And her emphasis on the health-related and disease prevention side of getting in shape and eating healthy was blunt and convicting.
Val
This seems like exactly the kind of book I would never read, but I picked it up as a curiosity at a used book store. I have read some of Meyer's other books. I don't take her words for gospel, but she does sometimes have good insights and anecdotes about life.
Kimberly
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a wonderful book. I hate diets and want to work on changing my lifestyle. There was a lot of good information, as well as many tips, to help change my lifestyle. I will be working on using these 12 keys to help me lose more weight and maintain a healthier lifestyle. I really liked the fact that her first key was about letting God do the heavy lifting. God should be number one in our lives and we should live for Him. :) I recommend this book to anyone who wants to change their lifestyle and ...more
Mel
May 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
I suppose for someone that is totally ignorant of eating healthy and treating your body well, this may be a good book to start with. The author starts with working on what you keep telling yourself and how to change the dialog to yourself.
We need to move/exercise. There's no way around this. Our bodies were made for action/activities and sitting in front of the stupid box (TV) or a computer all day or in a vehicle, just isn't going to give the movement our bodies need.
We must drink water.
We m
Suzanne Moore
Jan 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: healthy
This was an audio book I listened to help me keep on track with my New Year's Resolutions. I always have the best intentions each year to exercise more and eat healthy. The dieting isn't too hard, but an exercise routine is more difficult for me. Joyce Meyers is encouraging and will motivate you with this book. I really was inspired to drink more water after Key #6 Water Your Life. I also need to heed the advice about de-stressing. I recommend this book to anyone who needs an extra push to get o ...more
Anusha Vedagiri
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reading books on weight-loss is rarely ever fun, but this one managed to keep things positive and cheerful while focusing on health and fitness as goals, rather than a specific target weight. There's also a lot of emphasis on why certain bad habits make us weak/tired/unhealthy, which makes it easier to subscribe to the tips given to overcome them. There's a spiritual angle here that not everyone may enjoy, but I felt it was not overdone and never took the focus away from the matter at hand. Defi ...more
Shelly
Sep 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I have been blessed to pick up several books over the last few weeks that have been just what I needed in my personal "gas tank" and this was one of those little boosts! I thought that the explanations and examples provided about the body's way of handling food and such were great and made things very understandable! While many of the points are ones we all probably say "Duh" to, I really enjoyed the way it was communicated and hope to be able to implement the tips and ideas into my life.
Apr 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
So, I'm trying to get rid of some pounds and want to put God first. I found a lot of helpful hints and tips in this book. I read though it so fast that I'm going to try to read it though a second time so I can apply a lot of the suggestions to my lifestyle. My only complaint is that it feels repetitive. I know diet and exercise are important, so maybe its time to put down the books and just pray!
Lynnea
Oct 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
Joyce Meyer does a great job explaining the WHYs of a healthy lifestyle: why certain things make you sick, tired, fat... WHY exercise, healthy eating, etc. make you healthier. Obviously we all already know that eating healthier and exercising regularly are good for you. But WHY? Joyce explains how these things affect your body and she does so in a very easy to understand way.
Lesley Dahlseng
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely not the first book I've read concerning health and nutrition, so I wondered if I would really learn anything new. Leave it to Joyce to add a fresh perspective and do it in a way that balances technical nutrition with practical understanding - with a touch of good, blunt humor. It was a powerful combination.
Marla
Jan 19, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: anyone needing help with a positive mindset on a healthy life
Recommended to Marla by: a friend
A friend gave me this book during a time I was depressed. She thought it would help. I had a tough time getting through the introduction! Its to religious for me. From the titles of her chapters it seems like she some interesting things to say that would be healthy and helpful but I probably will not ever finishing reading it.
Carla Still
Nov 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!!! Very well researched, yet easy to read and understand. She combines Scripture with medical facts and how our bodies work. I read it quickly and learned a lot about how God created us and how we are meant to function.
Allen45
Oct 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
it was very helpful,eye opening and informative.it teaches us how to view our bodies in a different light,how to focus on our over all health,making lifestyle changes and not just quick fixes like losing weight for a certain occasion or period.Lovely read,i enjoyed it immensely.
Shelley Chisholm-speers
Sep 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Life style change not diet!! Loved the wisdom of removing one unhealthy thing at a time. If you remove all at once , we feel deprived and are more likely to fall of the wagon. Remove an item and don't remove the next until you are ready. First thing I removed was half & half cream from my coffee..
Nicki Keller strunk
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is great!!! It teaches you how easy it is to live a healthy life. It has been a great motivator for me to get started. There are pages in the back of the book I am going to make copies of to keep on hand so I can keep myself on track.
Anna
Feb 12, 2014 rated it liked it
This book was nice and positive. I don't agree with all of what she's said (go ahead and drink diet sodas,) but the best part of the book were the suggestions for action at the end of each key. It was fine mind fluff after hours of the sociopath book I just finished.
Denise Norris
Jan 08, 2008 rated it liked it
I actually listened to this as an audio book. I probably need to go back and listen to it again. I don't remember too much about it. I know I always enjoy Joyce's books and get a lot out of them though.
Anna-Marie
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ladies, you will be amazed at the transparent way Joyce tells it like it is. Your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost . . . so do your best to take care of it and LET God do the rest. HE will help you. Look great, feel great and be blessed.

Madeline K. Worrell
May 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I listened to this in my car. I enjoyed it, she gets rather medically technical, but in an easy to understand way. I would have given it a 5 if she would have done the audio. I like listening to her read the book, instead!
Rakisha
Feb 16, 2009 rated it liked it
I was hoping for something a little less physical health oriented and more spiritual-health oriented. In general, I do like Joyce Meyer's books. If you're looking to lose weight and strenghten your relationship with God, try this book.
Russell Hall
Mar 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
I'm Glad I am not the only one who finds these things, diet, exercise, and right thinking, not always so easy. Joyce Meyer's style is so welcoming and embracing that I feel as if I am getting good advice from a friend.
Terri Fleming
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
The content is good, but it is nothing new. Usually I can find one new insight or thought which I can carry on. Unfortunately I couldn't find even that ONE thing to make this stand out or make me want to recommend it
Lisa
Jul 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: health
Lots of fabulous tips for anyone looking to start a wellness journey. I even learned a few new things along the way. LOVE the biblical perspective and feel invigorated about keeping on with my health journey..
Bornlatin Nav
Jan 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. it was a refresher of a daily healthy lifestyle adding the most important component,our lord and saviour. I didn't expect to be motivated,and that is what I gained from the book. Over my day will start with God before stretching..hehe
Michelle Stevens
Sep 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is a must read for anyone wanting to make a lifetime change in there weight and or life. Full of inspiration and insight, great tips and of course tell it like it is talk from joyce She is the best!!!!!!!!!!
Ruth
Jul 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This will be a good book to refer back to as I move forward to better my health. I will try to remember to be patient in changing my current habits into a good live style.
  • The Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God's Word for Everyday Living
  • Red-Hot Monogamy: Making Your Marriage Sizzle
  • Drawing Near: A Life of Intimacy with God
  • Hope of the Gospel
  • Beautiful Battle: A Woman's Guide to Spiritual Warfare
  • Intimacy Ignited: Conversations Couple to Couple: Fire Up Your Sex Life with the Song of Solomon
  • Pathway to Purpose for Women: Connecting Your To-Do List, Your Passions, and God's Purposes for Your Life
  • You Matter More Than You Think: What A Woman Needs To Know About The Difference She Makes
  • The God Who Sees You: Look to Him When You Feel Discouraged, Forgotten, or Invisible
  • Right People, Right Place, Right Plan: Discerning the Voice of God
Joyce Meyer is one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers. A New York Times bestselling author, Joyce’s books have helped millions of people find hope and restoration through Jesus Christ. Through Joyce Meyer Ministries, Joyce teaches on a number of topics with a particular focus on how the Word of God applies to our everyday lives. Her candid communication style allows her to share openl ...more
“If you turn things over to God, you will finally find the power you need to break free.” 0 likes