Start by marking “Jinnie Wishmaker” as Want to Read:
Jinnie Wishmaker

Jinnie Wishmaker

(Magic Mayhem #1)

Eleven-year-old Jinnie has a dilemma -- she can grant wishes, but she can't control the results.

When her magic is discovered, her school counselor tells Jinnie to join a group of fellow students with similar power problems. Maddy's touch makes people explode in anger. Grace can instantly turn anyone into a best friend.

But their loose use of magic attracts the attention of
Published April 22nd 2016 by Spellbound River Press (first published November 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Jinnie Wishmaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jinnie Wishmaker

Deanna Roy
Nov 29, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade
Thank you for all your support on this series! The books are being re-released through Spellbound River Press. Marcus Mender arrives Fall 2016 and the final book Elektra Chaos will be out Spring 2017!

Deanna (DD)
Tosh McIntosh
Dec 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a story about belonging, special gifts, responsibility, and doing the right thing.

As a person "of a certain age" (qualified for senior discounts), it's obvious I don't read many books written for young people. What's not obvious (and which I would be remiss in not revealing) is that I know the author personally. Combine those two facts and it's easy to conclude that this is a fabricated review. Think that if you will, but you'd be wrong.

What should a book for youngsters do? Entertain? Te
Donna Hokanson
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highly recommend
Absolutely wonderful story. Highly recommend for any teen or even an adult that likes to read YA stories. Beside having the magical element it also has the "I don't fit in" element that all teens go through. Well written and very entertaining to read.
Avid Reader Amy's Reviews
This book is intended for middle graders but I read it and enjoyed it myself. This book had enough supernatural and suspense to keep both the pre teen reader and adult entertained. The author’s writing is easy understandable by any reader. I am not a parent myself but I have a nephew who try to encourage to read. I would give him this book to read. It is fun and energetic plus it also has purpose.
There are different things going on in this story. You have Jinnie and Bryan who are brother and si
Carrie Ardoin
Jinnie and her brother Bryan have been living with their grandmother since their parents went missing after a protest in South America. But their grandma is not in the best of health, and they learn they must move in with their hoity toity rich aunt and uncle. In addition, Jinnie will be going to fifth grade in a fancy private school, which she is not too excited about.

Things get worse when Jinnie angers the school bully and is sent to a group for Troubled Tweens. It is there she discovers her p
Books Mom
Jul 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A thorougly enjoyable novel for a young girl (I know, because I am one!).

Jinnie and Bryan (her brilliant brother) go to live with their Aunt and Uncle and have no clue what life will be like. Then Jinnie discovers she can grant a person's one true wish, but doesn't have any control over her power.

She joins a group called The Troubled Tweens and tries to learn how to use her power to help fight evil. Her brother helps as much as he can to keep the group secret and to keep the evil forces at bay.
Rhonda
Jul 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 STARS
This starts out with Jinnie and her brother Bryan are going to runaway from their Grandmas home. Their parents are missing in South America. Their Uncle and Aunt want them to come live with them in their big house. They want to find their parents but know they cant do that. They are got and their Grandma takes away their shoes.
Jinnie and Bryan are kind of out of their element. So are their aunt and Uncle. They want to be good for jinnie and Bryan.
Bryan is smart and makes lots of gadgets
Veronica Bartles
When Jinnie's parents go missing and her grandmother gets hurt, she and her brother are forced to go live with their rich and snooty aunt and uncle. She discovers that she can grant wishes, but can't control the results. The school counselor tells Jinnie to join the Troubled Tweens, a group of kids with similar power problems. But their loose use of magic attracts the attention of the Loki, a group of magic thieves and pranksters, who want to steal an open-ended wish from Jinnie.

I really enjoye
Inga
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My review:

Jinnie Wishmaker by D.D. Roy was a wonderful and warm book! It was well-written, filled with magic and awesome characters!

Regarding the plot:

11-years old Jinnie is a girl with special skills, she can grant wishes. She joins the Troubled Tweens which is a group of kids who all have special abilities. Troubled Tweens faces a challenge in a form of devious Loki, who would like to possess the magic Jinnie and her friends can perform.

I loved this story! I think author did a wonderful job wi
Karen
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reveiwed
Thank you to netgalley and the publisher for a copy of this book for my honest review.

This book was a fun and quick read that I really enjoyed. I think it is a great start to a series I will continue to read. Not only does it entertain the reader but also teaches responsibility and values. I also like the magical aspect of this book it kept me interested. I also like the fact that Jinnie is just discovering her magical gift and learning how to use them. As a reader it made me understand her fear
Stacy Mozer
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade
A Magical Coming of Age Story

In this first Magic Mayhem book, we are introduced to Jinnie, a young girl whose parents are missing. She and her brother are forced to move in with her aunt and uncle. Immediately Jinnie finds herself in hot water with the local bully and is assigned to attend a group of Troubled Tweens. But nothing is as it seems and within this group of Tweens, Jinnie finds answers, friends, and new adventures. A fun, fast read middle graders will love.
alicia croy
Sabrina
May 10, 2015
Katie
May 28, 2015
Goodreads Librari...: Magic trilogy series need name change 4 27 Mar 12, 2014 04:55PM
  • BORN IN SIN (Dacian Legends)
  • If I Had My Way
  • Please Don't Remove Margreat's Glasses!
  • Losing Francesca
  • Working it Out
  • Ladd Springs (Ladd Springs, #1)
  • Reflection (Whitney Steel, #1)
  • A Wicked Kind of Dark (The Minaea Chronicles #1)
  • My Own Mr. Darcy
  • Midnight Masquerade
  • King of Bad (Super Villain Academy #1)
  • Blucy: The Blue Cat
  • Wings of Shadow (Underground, #1)
  • Cascade Brides (Cascade Brides #1-3)
  • Starchild: The City of Souls (Starchild, #2)
  • Boundless
  • Believe
  • Daughter of Isis  (Descendants of Isis #1)
Deanna Roy is the six-time USA Today bestselling author of new adult, romantic suspense, and women's fiction.

She writes books under three names:
Deanna Roy with three-hanky reads in the Forever series
Forever Innocent (The Forever Series, #1) by Deanna Roy

Annie Winters with romantic suspense serials, including The Vigilante's Lover
The Vigilante's Lover (The Vigilantes, #1) by Annie Winters

JJ Knight with fighter romance serials, including Uncaged Love and Fight for Her
Uncaged Love, Volume 1 (Uncaged Love, #1) by J.J. Knight Fight for Her Volume 1 (Fight for Her, #1) by J.J. Knight

Deanna is a passionate advocate for B

Magic Mayhem (3 books)
  • Marcus Mender
  • Elektra Chaos (Magic Mahem, #3)