Start by marking “A Different Blue” as Want to Read:
A Different Blue

A Different Blue

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  24,405 ratings  ·  3,010 reviews
The Spencer Hill Press release will have bonus content never before available.

Blue Echohawk doesn't know who she is. She doesn't know her real name or when she was born. Abandoned at two and raised by a drifter, she didn't attend school until she was ten years old. At nineteen, when most kids her age are attending college or moving on with life, she is just a senior in hig
Published June 27th 2017 by Spencer Hill Press (first published March 29th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Different Blue, please sign up.

·  24,405 ratings  ·  3,010 reviews

Christy
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
 photo 317a634f-3c6e-488d-88db-b1ca0b1f6633_zpsbf7d14a5.jpg

5 'Different' Stars
 photo fd412149-3431-4aee-935a-236b1a3d860d_zps90803765.jpg

Who is Blue Echohawk? Even she doesn’t know. Blue is not her real name, she's not sure what that is. She thinks she is 19 or maybe 20, she's not sure. Blue was left with a stranger, Jimmy Echohawk when she was around 2 years old. Her mother abandoned her and was found dead later. Jimmy raised her as his own, but after Jimmy died, Blue had no one. She doesn't know who she is. The first day of her senior year of high school, she will meet someone who will change her. Who helps
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo HarmonAdifferentBlueTitlebySueBee_zpscd804a01.jpg
★★★★★! A different Blue (stand-alone) A poignant & captivating tale about a young girl with no past & no hopes for a future!

Click here to hear the song Mr. Wilson played on his cello that brought so much joy to Blue!

“Once upon a time there was a little blackbird who was pushed from the nest, unwanted. Discarded.”

A Different Blue is an emotional and beautifully told story about a young girl with no history, no self-worth and no future. At least that is how Blue Echohawk sees hersel
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
*A story to savor!*

Some stories have the power to change us. Whether it's for a lifetime, or just a moment—its effects are undeniable. The moment a book becomes a channel that reaches into the soul of its reader is one of life's sweetest gifts. For me, A Different Blue is one of those gifts.
I'm nobody! Who are you? Are you nobody, too?
- Emily Dickinson
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Blue Echohawk lives in a lonely world that has beaten down and abandoned her. Wearing an armor of attitude and a mask of makeup, she faces
Amy Harmon
Jun 26, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
The e-book of A DIFFERENT BLUE is available on all platforms and has been re-released in paperback with BONUS CONTENT.

Get the e-book:
AMAZON KINDLE | BARNES & NOBLE | iTUNES | KOBO
Get the paperback with BONUS CONTENT:
AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE | INDIEBOUND | WORDERY | BOOKS-A-MILLION | BOOK DEPOSITORY
Get the audiobook:
AMAZON | AUDIBLE | TANTOR

The feeling grew. It wasn’t grief and it wasn’t pain. It wasn’t despair or even remorse. It felt like . . . love.

Someone told me once that to create t
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“I'm nobody, who are you? Are you nobody too?”

➦This stand alone novel by Amy Harmon follows a life of a girl named Blue. Strange name, right? Why was she called blue? All the questions will be answered in this wonderful story of a woman who is on a quest of self-discovery.

➦The book begins with showing us Blue as a troubled teenager. Having been abandoned at a very young age, Blue struggles with her identity. Wilson, her high school history teacher, helps Blue express herself through woodcarv
Bibi
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have no idea why I waited this long to read this book. It's beautifully told and quite evocative and I am in awe of Ms Harmon's talent.
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
✬✬✬ 5 "I'M NOBODY" STARS ✬✬✬

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

The book market is so saturated that it's impossible to read every author, especially with the limited time I have. So please forgive me that this is my first Amy Harmon book. It definitely won't be my last.

“I’m nobody!
Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there’s a pair of us— don’t tell
They’d banish us, you know."

Blue Echohawk isn't a conformist. She is around 19 years old, she dresses trashy to provoke, is always late at sc
Beverly
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Different Blue is nothing like I expected, I think it’s safe to say that all of Amy’s books are nothing like you would expect. First, it was pitched to me by my bestie as a student/teacher story. Of course I was downloading the audiobook as we spoke…then she says, well it’s really so much more, just read it you will see.

Once upon a time...there was a little blackbird, pushed from the nest. Unwanted. Discarded.

Blue Echohawk is lost. Despite being found and raised by Jimmy, a drifter who f
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
*******YOU CAN CHECK OUT THE WILSON POV AND INTERVIEW WITH AMY HARMON****** - http://totallybookedblog.com/2013/04/...

*****PLUS!!! CHECK OUT THE EPILOGUE FOR A DIFFERENT BLUE - PLEASE NOTE THIS EPILOGUE CONTAINS SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ A DIFFERENT BLUE**** http://totallybookedblog.com/2013/04/...

4.5 Stars

“Once upon a time…there was a little blackbird, pushed from the next. Unwanted. Discarded”

And so begins A Different Blue. Part of the synopsis sums up the story with “This is the story o
Em Lost In Books
End was very surprising, other than that I found it to be a mediocre read. A wild child got her act together after an incident, took some big decisions and found a devoted guy for herself.
Ash Wednesday
Mar 30, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans who want a lecture on British slang, random history , fables and parables

Felt like having that question on repeat throughout this read.

2.5 STARS

Yep, that's me in the corner, me in the spotlight losing a good number of marbles reading this because I'm seriously questioning if I'm an emotional block of concrete or I'm just stars-selfish towards NA books or it really just didn't cut it.

Honestly, I read this book with some wary hostility because for me, Slammed is untouchable and getting this compared to such a beloved book, well big shoes to fill if books have feet
Aestas Book Blog
Apr 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

“Once upon a time
there was a little blackbird,
pushed from the nest.
Unwanted.
Discarded.”

This is the story about a lost girl finding herself. And the guy who took her under his wing.

This book takes the whole concept of ‘finding yourself’ to a whole new level. Abandoned by her mother at the age of 2, Blue doesn’t know her real name, doesn’t remember her parents, and doesn’t even know when she was born. She came with no immunization records, no address, no birth certificate, nothing. Raised
Warda
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a stunning story. I’m becoming obsessed with Amy Harmon. Her characters and stories are wonderfully rich and engaging, the writing is simple by absolutely full of emotion and tenderness that slowly trickles into your heart and themes that she explores that’ll teach you something about life.

‘A Different Blue’ was all of those things and more. I couldn’t get enough of the story telling. A story about a girl who’s been abandoned by her mother.
A story about a teacher who loves history
Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen)
2 Stars

Overview:

“Why don’t you focus on where you’re going and less on where you came from?”

Rating this so low feels weird, because I adored the last Harmon book I read! : Making Faces broke my heart and made me cry ugly tears. This just wasn’t on the same level. Dry characters made for a boring, flat story.

I received a free copy of this through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thanks to CreateSpace for the opportunity!

Pros:

Even though I never connected with the characters, this
July 2017 Re-Read!!!
I just love this book ♥

June 2015 Re-Read!!!
Sigh...I just adore this book. A Different Blue was my first ever Amy Harmon novel, it inspired me to make an "absolute favorites" shelf on my goodreads profile (yes A Different Blue was my first favorite book!), and it led me to Ms. Harmon's other amazing work. This story is emotional, humorous, cultural, artistic, spiritual, and beautifully character-driven. This was my second time reading it and my emotions were still on high aler
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Mar 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who loved Colleen Hoover's Slammed -- this is BETTER!
04/23/2013 –

Overall Rating = 5 Stars
Book Cover / Book Blurb = 4 / 4 = 4 Stars
Writer’s Voice = 5 Stars
Character Development = 5 Stars
Story Appreciation = 5 Stars
Worth the Chili = 5 Stars [$3.99 on Amazon]

This book would never have made it on my radar if not for this website. I would have missed reading this lovely story, would have missed knowing about this author. For me, this would have been an absolute shame. This is a lovely book. It is the story of one girls struggle to figure it all out. H
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: A Different Blue
Series: Standalone
Author: Amy Harmon
Release date: May 29, 2017 (Publisher re-release)
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

Can you imagine how lost you would feel to not know your own story? Where you came from, and who gave birth to you? Even the most basic DNA of our identity: your own true name and age? This was Blue Echohawk's reality. Jimmy Echohawk, the man who raised her, was a odd sort. Quiet and taciturn. He lived a simple life with her, on the road
Snow
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amy Harmon is "it" for me, I have decided.

Every book of hers, just fulfills me completely, within...

and afterwards I either feel elevated, apprehensive or even sullen...but I always carry a piece of her messages with me...

And this story ain't no different.

A story of the search for fulfillment/completion on a journey of self-discovery, self-appreciation, self-esteem of a young girl/woman Blue Echohawk, who doesn't really know who she is, regarding the actual facts in documentation. She has none.
Lise *friends don't flag*
description
“Once upon a time there was a little blackbird, pushed from the nest, unwanted. Discarded. Then a Hawk found her and swooped her up and carried her away, giving her a home in his nest, teaching her to fly. But one day the Hawk didn't come home, and the little bird was alone again, unwanted. She wanted to fly away.”

description

Everyone has a story. Every thing has a story
Blue Echohawk and her journey of discovering who she is and what her story is was told in such a way that I now have a new favorite he
Kaila
RE-READ: January 2018

“He had become the most relevant thing in my life. Redemption, resolution, revelation, and now relevance.”

5/5 stars

Yep, this is still one of my all time favourite romance books. I had a really bad day yesterday, and I don't know anything that can make me feel better than re-reading an old favourite, so I did. This book just brought back all the emotions I remember from time first time, making my heart bleed for the characters. This is my first re-read of the novel, but ev
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
I read a lot. A LOT. I don't mind admitting that most of what I read these days is fluff. As an English major, I had enough required reading to last a lifetime. Fluff makes me happy. That being said, I blow through fluff. Like a maniac. It's not uncommon for me to devour an entire book in one sitting. I start it. I finish it. I like it, or I don't, and not much thought is required in that determination. That's why I don't often write reviews. "Yay" or "Nay" does not a book review make.

HOWEVER,
Yes, I've read this three times already...but I've not been exposed to the bonus content!! For the purposes of this NetGalley review, I will repost my original review for A Different Blue and will add a section to review the generous bonus additions incorporated in this 2017 edition.

Book Review:
Sigh...I just adore this book. A Different Blue was my first ever Amy Harmon novel, it inspired me to make an "absolute favorites" shelf on my digital bookshelf (yes A Different Blue was my first favorit
Anja H.
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*5 BLACKBIRD STARS*

This was beautiful. Heartbreaking. Inspiring. Engaging.
Amy Harmon can seriously do no wrong. She just has a way with words. They pull you in and never let go!

“I keep wishing you had had a better life... a different life. But a different life would have made you a different Blue." He looked at me then. "And that would be the biggest tragedy of all.”

I've loved every one of her books I managed to get my hands on and I need more!
Bonnie Shores
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Amazing grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me...

I didn't know what grace was, but maybe it sounded like the music. Maybe that was what I was feeling. How sweet the sound. And it was sweet, impossibly so. How sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. Was a wretch the same thing as a bitch? Or a slut? My life was not a testament to being saved from anything. It was not a testament to love—not anybody's love.

My head firmly rejected the idea. Grace wouldn't save me. But in the ti
bibliophile (Romance Addict)

A different Blue by Amy Harmon is a sensational novel about growing up, and getting over hardship. It's a tale of a lost soul looking for home, and never finding it. Blue Echohawk is a ninteen years old senior in high school who has a reputation of a slut. Her life has always been miserable, and she dealt with it secretely until a new history teacher arrive to her school, and teach her.

This is not a story about forbidden love, but a marverlous novel about healing, and about looking for these pe
"That's All" Ash
Once upon a time there was a little blackbird, pushed from the nest, unwanted. Discarded. Then a Hawk found her and swooped her up and carried her away, giving her a home in his nest, teaching her to fly. But one day the Hawk didn’t come home, and the little bird was alone again, unwanted. She wanted to fly away. But as she rose to the edge of the nest and looked out across the sky, she noticed how small her wings were, how weak. She was trapped. She could fly away, but where would she go?

Bl
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
I know I have said this a few times lately however I think this is on of the best books of the year. It for sure ranks up there in the top 10 for me and I have read over 100 books this year more like 125. I am honestly taken by surprise by how much I liked this book. It was a very clean book no bad words and no sex although sex was talked about. It was a ya book which I don't typically read I prefer smut and lots of it. Honestly though this book is so good that is didn't need those other element ...more
*TANYA*
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it, all-time-fav
Sublime!! One of my all time favorite books ever!!! I have read a couple of Amy Harmon's books and they are fantastic but this one is unlike any book I've read. Lovely.
Dee Montoya
6+++ Brilliant Stars*****

I'm so overwhelmed with emotions right now and is making it hard for me to put into words how special was my experience reading A Different Blue. The message of this novel is powerful and important to recognize and learn from it.

The character of Blue had admirable strength, because like she said "Im scarred, but not broken." I cried, laughed and fell in love with this beautiful story.

"Life is all we have, and we live it as we believe in living it. But to sacrifice what
Kayla at MyBookMuse