Start by marking “Finding Lien” as Want to Read:
Finding Lien

Finding Lien

Lien, an innocent village girl in Vietnam, is missing. Her father, Ngoc, is desperate and with help from a young Australian volunteer overcomes his years of reluctance and writes a letter to his father, a retired American army officer.

Ngoc's letter shocks Peter Trutch. Torn between his sense of honor toward this unknown son and his contentedly pleasant life in
Published April 28th 2016 by Black Rose Writing

To ask other readers questions about Finding Lien, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Lien

Start your review of Finding Lien
Andrea
Apr 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: not-book-club
Human trafficking is a difficult topic to tackle, let alone when it involves children so I was a bit apprehensive when I started this book and not sure whether I could read it or not. Well, I did, and once I got over my apprehension it was difficult to put down. I found that the topic was handled in a way that kept me with Lien through her terrible journey without overwhelming me. By surrounding the scenes that Lien experiences once she has been abducted with the scenes of the other characters - ...more
Sharon Huether
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After finding his American father, Ngoc's daughter is missing. It was found out that the grandmother's brother sold her into the sex slave trade.
The story is filled with great suspense while they are trying to find Lien, Pete Trutch's granddaughter.
The author is familiar with Vietnam, serving there during the U.S. conflict.
A book written with so much emotion .
I received this Free book from Goodreads first reads.
Aletha Pagett
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A powerful novel.
A novel that pries open blinded eyes and crashes cymbals beside plugged ears.
A novel of unbearable sorrow but infused with hope.
Although a work of fiction, it lays bare the very reality of child slavery and prostitution.
I received this book from Goodreads.
Marbea Logan
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a heart-filled, terror-gripping story. The thing that hurts my soul is that the story maybe fiction, but the events that occur are very much true. It just kills my spirit to know that there are children out there being exploited, raped, abused, and murdered for money and sex. These innocent girls and boys youth and livelihood stripped away by those who are suppose to love and protect them. These children pay the ultimate sacrifice to their humanity for the sins of their parents and love ...more
Pearl Gray
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bruce Logan has written a suspenseful, action-packed story with good narrative pace. There are no wasted words, just clear, concise writing, with strong, well-defined characters.
Because Logan and his wife, Elaine, spend winters in Vietnam, I felt I was given an accurate picture of the life and society of this nation. We have all heard of child prostitution, but this novel brings home its devastating effects.
Patti Liszkay
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A sudden shocking revelation compels a retired U.S. Army officer to return to Vietnam to deal with the consequences of a brief, long-forgotten liaison with a young Vietnamese woman back when he was a young soldier during the war over forty years ago. This fast-paced story takes the reader down into the dark world of the Southeast Asian child sex-trafficking trade and is full of twists, turns, heart-gripping and heart-stopping moments and vibrant, realistic characters and settings. It is a reali ...more
Irene Frances Olson
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I really enjoyed this novel. The author has a way of describing scenes so that the reader is transported right there. But it's not just the scenes that are clear, it's his description of the characters that comes through loud and clear, without robbing the reader of her or his own impressions of what a specific character might look like.

The action in this novel did not lag. I wanted to find out what happened next and was not satisfied to put the book down until such scenes had p
Hunter W.
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
A profound indictment of child trafficking and sexual abuse in Vietnam and Cambodia. While the plot line holds the reader's attention, the core subject is so perverse it makes for digesting the story while holding back the bile in your throat. Left with an abiding sense of the need to rid the world of the scum that sustains such deplorable practices, but also the hopelessness of achieving that end from abroad. The book is a brave undertaking and worth reading if you have a strong stomach.
Claudia
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book very much. it was about subject I knew little about. Bruce Logan has researched the subject of child sex trafficking in SE Asia and tells a story in a way that one might think is true. The end will have you longing for a sequel.
caroljordan
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was very disturbed by this book

I have this book five stars because I couldn't put it down. It was also very disturbing to me. I can't imagine. Such a horrible place.
Tracy Ball
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beyond the great writing and meticulous attention to detail, the reality of this story is painfully gripping. I was unable to able to escape from the hauntingly beautiful, heartbreakingly sad truth. Bruce Logan is not afraid to confront. I had no choice but to see and feel things that have been hidden too long and should not be forgotten.
Steve
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Finding Lien" may read like a steamy adventure story, but brings to the reader a real and more horrifying human depravity of kidnapping, child trafficking and slavery for the purposes of prostitution. Bruce weaves a well written fictional account of Lien, a young Vietnamese girl, using his extensive knowledge and research of asian culture and this inhuman practice. The story could easily have been written as a non-fictional documentary, but is more powerful in story form in attracting more read ...more
Melanie Wilson
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Finding Lien"
A powerful novel of child abuse. This could easily be a non-fiction story as it is happening now in many countries.

I received my copy of this book through Goodreads
Jessica Rickert
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A heart breaking story of child abuse at its finest. A look into the difference of culture and right and wrong. Have plenty of tissue handy.

I won this book free on the Good reads giveaways.
barbara s anderson
Maureen Aronson
Jul 18, 2018

• Three Days Out
  • S79 The Horror in the Swamp: Survival Horror with Monsters
  • The Lost Boys from Longwood: What Hides Behind the Walls of a Facility Housing Wards of the State with a Juvenile Record. True Stories.
  • Crash Dive (Crash Dive, #1)
  • First Action (Starsea Invaders, #1)
  • The Hazards of Skinny Dipping (Hazards, #1)
  • The Women of Death Row
  • Gay Moments: The Story Bundle No 3 (Gay Moments, #7-9)
  • Hell's Children
  • A Good Boy (The Dying Church Series Book 1)
  • True Stories of Gothic Macabre (Mysteries of the Macabre Book 1)
  • Smoke Island
  • Dauntless (Commander Cochrane Smith, #3)
  • A Wistful Tale of Gods, Men, and Monsters
  • Death in Paraiso
  • Death by Mournful Numbers
  • Squall Line (The Forgotten Coast #9)
  • Bonfire Bodies: The Shocking Story of Serial Killer Dennis Nilsen
R.Bruce Logan has written three books since retiring from two careers; the first as a career US Army Officer and the latter as a management consultant. His first book, a memoir, Back to Vietnam: Tours of the Heart, published in 2013, was written with his wife Elaine Head. Finding Lien was his debut novel. As the Lotus Blooms will be released September 20th, 2018

The inspiration for his writing ste