Start by marking “Bloodline” as Want to Read:
Bloodline

Bloodline

Sheldon's sweeping saga of greed and betrayal, sabotage and danger, and the ties that can kill...

Roffe and Sons is a family firm, an international empire filled with desperate, cash-hungry family members. At its head was one of the wealthiest men in the world, a man who has just died in a mysterious accident and left his only daughter, Elizabeth, in control of the company.
Published June 1st 1994 by Doubleday Books (first published 1977)

To ask other readers questions about Bloodline, please sign up.
Pooja Yup you can download it any formats from many websites.

Start your review of Bloodline
Diane Wallace
Jun 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Brilliant! did not want the book to end that's how good it was reading each chapter because it was well written (paperback!)
Luffy
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For me, this is officially the best book on Goodreads not to reach a 4.00 rating. There are twists galore in this book. But it's not the gotcha type of twist that is now so notorious in The Simpsons episodes and in The Last Jedi.

This book, now forgotten by most occidental countries, is popular, for some reason, in India. It is also the first adult book that I read. The sex scenes in the book are never gratuitous.

I didn't know before that the author, Sidney Sheldon, had won an Academy Award for b
Ahmad Sharabiani
Blood Line, Sidney Sheldon
Bloodline is a 1977 novel by American writer Sidney Sheldon. Roffe and Sons is a family firm, an international empire filled with desperate, cash-hungry family members. The family consists of: Anna Roffe, whose husband Walther Gassner married her only because of her bloodline
Simonetta, the wife of Ivo Palazzi, a womanizer being blackmailed by his mistress, Donatella
Helene Roffe, the three time divorcee who marries Charles Martel. Martel invests in a vineyard by stealing
Srikari
Me being the stupid person that I am, read the last page by mistake and therefore knew the end from the beginning but this book still made me doubt my suspicions! Ahh Sydney Sheldon!

description
Bren
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Historical Fiction readers, fans of Epic family sagas.
“Because there was a hunger in me to see everything and do everything. I wanted to be everyone I saw. I wasn't enough for me. Can you understand that?”

Sidney Sheldon..Bloodline

I start to simmer when people do not take Sheldon seriously. In my opinion he is up there with the Fiction greats. This book, Bloodline is one of my favorites by him (I have read 99 percent of his works) and is fantastic.

So this book follows the rise of the Roffe Dynasty. Roffe and Sons is one of the largest Pharma compani
Susan's Reviews
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A blast from my youthful past! Hollywood adapted this into a tv-movie, using a much older cast to play essentially new adult roles: it didn't translate as well, unfortunately. Audrey Hepburn was superb, but the movie was a let-down. This fabulous book had twists and turns that had me downright clinging to the edge of my beach chair! Sidney Sheldon was THE master of story-telling back in the day. He was one of my favourite authors growing up. Highly, highly recommended!
Sully
Aug 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite, owned-books
BLOODLINE is a 1977 novel by the great and the wise, Sidney Sheldon. My grandmother told me that she saw a movie titled Bloodline before but she wasn't sure if it was the film adaptation of this book. Out of curiosity, I learned that Bloodline was really adapted into a film in 1979, but it was a complete failure because Audrey Hepburn who played as the protagonist is older than the Sheldon character she supposed to portray (Elizabeth). In order to solve the problem, Sheldon revised his novel to ...more
Nina
Dec 12, 2010 rated it liked it
All of us dream of somehow inheriting a vast fortune, but for Elizabeth Roffe, this inheritance comes with an invisible enemy. Inheriting Roffe Industries after her father's mysterious death, things start happening that convinces Elizabeth that someone, or some people, are trying to take over her fortune - even if it means taking her life.

If the above plot has not moved you yet, then you probably have problems. The first few pages of this book is strongly gripping, forcing you to turn the pages
Crime Addict Sifat
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You have to love this master work of Sydney Sheldon. Come on.

Sheldon's broad adventure of covetousness and treachery, damage and peril, and the ties that can slaughter... Roffe and Sons is a family firm, a global domain loaded with urgent, money hungry relatives. At its head was one of the wealthiest men on the planet, a man who has only kicked the bucket in a baffling mishap and left his exclusive little girl, Elizabeth, responsible for the organization. Presently as this savvy, extreme, and lo
mwana
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
PERFECTION!!! Rhys, Elizabeth... Could these two have been any more perfect for each other? Helene Roffe scared the shit out of me! And Alec... COME ON!! Oh Sidney, you always, always blow my mind.
Chhaya Verma
Rating-2.8
Bloodline is my first Sidney Sheldon read. Mystery and crime-thrillers are my favourite genre, so of course I enjoyed the book, it was like a action-mystery packed, fast roller coaster ride. It's a 20th century book still the plots, character, everything is no less than a modern contemporary novel.
But I'm not fully satisfied with the book, there are enough negative points to justify my complaint.
The book opens with the death of Sam Roffe--president of the "Roffe and sons". It seems lik
Avanthika
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Roffe and Sons is a family firm. Sam Roffe dies in an accident and young-beautiful Elizabeth Roffe takes charge. The first 200+ pages covers all the branches of the family across the globe which gives a quick picture of each member's need and greed.

The storyline picks up jet-speed when Elizabeth refuses to sell the stocks. The revelation of who conspired against her left me dumbfounded. Absolutely stunning read. After reading this book, I could decipher why Sidney Sheldon is still the master st
Stranger Danger
When Sam Roffe, a rich and powerful businessman, dies in a mountain-climbing accident, it was up to Elizabeth, his daughter, to take over his vast global empire. It comes with a bonus, though: An enemy who's determined to get what he wants—even if it means Elizabeth's life.

The first few chapters of this book had me strongly hooked. I couldn't stop flipping the page. All the time I was on the edge, my mind spinning theories, fitting the puzzle pieces, playing with the clues and details; I couldn'
Naddy
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries
When a pick a book from Sideny the first thing that comes into my mind is vengeance and then glamour, mafias, dons, sex, romance.. but this book is quite different though it has main ingredients of Sidney Glamour, love, sex, romance along with medical science(research in depth), greed, sabotage, betrayal, murder,crime, mysteries.

The book actually started after 200 pages, first 200 pages includes introduction of characters, at time it feel, the introduction is dragged a bit, although the accounts
Rishita
Jun 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
A world existing of male dominance is where Elizabeth Roffe, the sole heir to a multimillionaire father, lives. An unloving father as hers is, dies a mysterious death while on a vacation. Devastated as she is, its up to her to run her fathers company, but what she doesn't know that her family members on the board of directors are vying for the money put on shares, which according to the her father, shouldn't be made public. On top of that, someone's trying to kill her. Is it her father's super s ...more
Thomas Strömquist
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
I'm very surprised that this has such a high average rating here on Goodreads, I remember it as very much in line with his others. It's been a while, so I may be off some, but I'm not going to read or re-read any of his books, because life's too short.
Kartik
Mar 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
Bloodline is another fascinating novel by the author Sidney Sheldon.
The book is divided into two parts:
BOOK 1 is only the introduction part.it tells about the background of all the main characters. Book 1 is extends to 180 pages out of 409.
the 1st part might seem a little boring.

The main story starts from BOOK 2.

The Novel is incomplete..
after completing it i found many things does't have its end.

As his other works this one too provides a fantastic read from the very beginning where the story beg
আকাশ আব্দুল্লাহ
Outstanding!!

This book grab you from the very beginning to the last page! from the beginning in my suspect list there were only 2 person and one would be the main culprit from them I knew for sure. but I couldn't conclude which one it could be until the last page.

though I felt some hurry in the end and expected some more explanation, it was absolutely a thriller full of suspense, tension, romance and MYSTERY.

Sheldon is a boss writer. He is THE MASTER STORYTELLER!
Dem
Sep 28, 2009 rated it liked it
Review to follow
Neha Azhar
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This review is not spoiler free.

Am I going to do justice to Sheldon's genius with my words? No.
Is there anything stopping me from giving it a sloppy go? Yes, my common sense. But no.

I just wish there was something I could say to define this man. Sidney Sheldon. The biggest writer to ever walk planet earth in my humble opinion. The research that good man did for each one of his books is alone worthy of exceptional praise. Later come all other matters that separate him from his peers and even
Sheila
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed my first Sidney Sheldon novel whose storyline is gripping and with multifaceted characters. The incredible Detective Max Hornung who earned a special place in my heart. The control-obsessive, brilliant Hélène Roffe-Martell. Rhys Williams who shed off his old skin like a charm. Elizabeth Roffe who stood up to the task 👑 Great old Samuel Roffe and his determination. Go on.

However, the 👏 ending 👏 (hand-clapping for Black girl emphasis for rage, disappointment, excitement etc)
Ashleigh
Aug 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!
Recommended to Ashleigh by: Mother
So, so good. It's a one day read, if you want to spend around 5 hours reading. ;] I did. I loved it. I didn't want to put it down. EVER. :] It was really had to figure out who did it. You literally don't know for sure until the very end. Every single person has a motive. I'm so glad Mother recommended it!
Pooja
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 100-pages
This is one of my favorite Sidney Sheldon book. Greed, betrayal, family drama, murder and much more to expect from this book.
Vikesh
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was ok
Sidney Sheldon's "Bloodline" has shoddy pacing; starting too slow then rushing to the finish line. It's twists are mostly predictable and unsatisfying, and it's finale leaves more to be desired. While it's entertaining to read, it pales in comparison to his other books such as "Master of the Game".
Martina
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
Bloodline is certainly not Sheldon's best book, but it's head and shoulders above A stranger in the mirror , so I won't complain too much. The start was slow with quite a lot of exposition, but after Elizabeth takes over the company, the gears start turning and things happen quickly. Every board member of Roffe&Sons has reasons for wanting cash, so all of them are keen to sell their shares in the company and be done with it. Unfortunately, the policy of Roffe&Sons is that the company can't be ...more
Lisa Pacheco
Aug 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Bloodline featured another ingenious plot line concocted by Mr. Sheldon. In this epic, Elizabeth Roffe is the ugly duckling daughter of Sam Roffe. Her father is heir to the Roffe and Son's empire--one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Unfortunatly, because of her gender, she will not inherit Roffe and Son's upon her father's death, as only men may serve on the board of the company. To complicate matters even more, there are no male heirs in the family to take his place, only ...more
Giridharan
Dec 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Certainly a good book to read. May not be Sheldon's best, and there may also be claims that the book draws heavily from Sheldon's previous releases but still this book is certainly worth a read. The typical twists are missing but the extraordinary narration makes up for the slow pace. The reader is made to believe from the onset that Rhys is the criminal. Though the climax reveals a different story, it was expected from Sheldon and the familiar mind-blowing twist at the end is missing. I persona ...more
GJS Fireheart
May 04, 2016 rated it liked it
It was very thrilling from the start and took my breath away.
L.  (I'm nearing 1000.)
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
Normally I enjoy Sidney Sheldon's particular brand of crazysauce but this book seems, well, rather tame compared to his usual work.

Sam Roffe has been killed in an "accident" and the usual suspects must be trotted out for examination. The problem for me is there seemed to be too many usual suspects, their spouses, their lovers, their bastards, etc., and they all get a back story. We even go back in time to get the story of family patriarch Samuel Roffe. (What we don't get is the story of how Samu
Mervin
Aug 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book is one that leaves you wanting to turn pages immediately as you finish the current one. Bloodline is definitely a page turner. In this work, Sidney Sheldon attempts to mislead us as much as the nemesis of Elizabeth Roffe, the heiress of a pharmaceutical empire, tries to lure her into the abyss her father went into. I can't say red herrings did not lead me astray, but in a story full of dubious characters, who am I to blame.

Bloodline introduces us to the scandalous world of the elite,
♥ Nothing Better ...: Bloodline - April 2018 2 14 Apr 04, 2018 12:19PM
how do you think this book should have ended? 6 36 Jan 10, 2018 12:34AM

• Sidney Sheldon's Mistress of the Game
  • Sidney Sheldon's Angel of the Dark
  • Sidney Sheldon's After the Darkness
  • Sidney Sheldon's The Tides of Memory
  • Chasing Tomorrow (Tracy Whitney #2)
  • Reckless (Tracy Whitney #3)
  • 2 States: The Story of My Marriage
  • Sidney Sheldon’s The Silent Widow
  • Secrets of Bella Terra (Scarlet Deception #1)
  • Five Point Someone: What Not to Do at IIT
  • The 3 Mistakes of My Life
  • Kane and Abel (Kane and Abel, #1)
  • Revolution 2020: Love, Corruption, Ambition
  • The Immortals of Meluha (Shiva Trilogy, #1)
  • Sidney Sheldon's The Phoenix
  • Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less
  • The Secret of the Nagas (Shiva Trilogy #2)
  • One Night at the Call Center
Sidney Sheldon (1917-2007) was an American writer who won awards in three careers—a Broadway playwright, a Hollywood TV and movie screenwriter, and a best-selling novelist.

His TV works spanned a twenty-year period during which he created I Dream of Jeannie (1965-70), Hart to Hart (1979-84), and The Patty Duke Show (1963-66), but it was not until after he turned 50 and began writing best-selling no