Start by marking “I'll Hug You More” as Want to Read:
I'll Hug You More

I'll Hug You More

I'll hug you as we swing together in the old oak tree
I'll hug you on a stormy night and keep you safe with me

Hugs can say a lot of things like "hello," "thank you," and "I'm sorry." But underneath it all, every hug says "I love you." Share I'll Hug You More with someone you care about and remind them that every hug is a special message of love!
Published January 3rd 2017 by Sourcebooks Jabberwocky

To ask other readers questions about I'll Hug You More, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'll Hug You More

Start your review of I'll Hug You More
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
I’ll Hug You More is an adorable story. It’s a heartwarming picture book with beautiful illustrations. It features animal parents and kids doing fun things together. Along with them snuggling; which showcases the affection and love the have for each other.

Me and my son love this book. It’s one he has picked up several times for us to read at bedtime. I love that it’s like two books in one. You can start either from the front or the back. Once you get to the center it showcase Lemurs hugging and
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more Picture book reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

A flip-sided book, turn around and the story keeps going... Animal parents and their children share all the times they say "I Love You" with a hug.

The illustrations make this a winner, hands down. Each time I've opened this digital book I've poured over the illustrations! They are quite compelling due to the art style and how the colors suck you in. I love how each parent and child is framed on the page and how the backgrounds or
Sandra
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
There are so many opportunities during the day for a good hug! When the days starts, when we read a book, to say hello and to say goodbye, to say thank you and good night. And tomorrow we can find ever more opportunities for more hugs.

Flip sided book full of beautiful illustrations you feel like touching, and calming rhymed text. Ideal for a bedtime story, right before a huge hug.

Find more children's book reviews in Reviews in Chalk

Mehsi
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

This was a fun book, and while I did like the flipbook aspect, that doesn’t really work well on a tablet, though I can imagine it would work wonders if you had a real copy in your hands.

The book is all about parents and the love for their children. It is a bit repetitive, but I didn’t mind as I just got attacked by a mountain of fluffy feelings and warmth. Yes, this book will warm your heart, this book will make you feel happy.
Book Him Danno
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sweet story that teaches a beautiful story about hugs, love and compassion.

My Children loved the story and ask me to read it again and again.

Advance Copy from Netgalley
Heidi
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Laura Duksta and Melissa Iwai have created an absolutely adorable book with I'll Hug You More. Being a fan of hugs myself, I was definitely interested in having a look at this book. I wasn't aware at first that it's a flip book, but it is, which means that one side looks at hugs from a parent's perspective, and the other (flip) side looks at hugs from the child's perspective. I loved seeing all the different animals hugging and showing love for each other. This book would be great for bedtime, ...more
Kris - My Novelesque Life
RATING: 3 STARS
(I received an ARC from the NETGALLEY)
(Review Not on Blog)

Note: this is a flip-sided novelty book

This is a cute book looking what hugs can mean.
Jessica ☕ Rodrigues
Sep 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, kids-storybooks
This sweet tale can be read two ways: the front is the promise of a caregiver to always hug the child; flip it over to read the child's promises to always hug the caregiver. Bright illustrations of adorable animal child/parent pairs will keep a young child's attention, and text is kept brief and to the point for a special one-on-one storytime. This is the kind of book that a child will enjoy handling and turning the pages.

I received this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Liz
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-2017
What a cute little book about a mom who tells her young child that she will hug her more. No wait, it's a book about a young child telling her mom that she will hug her more. This never ending book is a great addition to a young child's library as they grow to learn more about to read a book: from left to right (English speaking).

I learned the other day that my granddaughter (1 yr old), living in Australia, turned the pages one at a time. Previously, when reading to her, she explored the book
Betsy
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given a digital copy of this ebook. All opinions are my own.

Overall I thought this was a sweet book. Did throw me off a bit when you had to flip it over in the middle, but once I figured it out, I was good. The pictures were colorful and beautifully done. The story was sweet and pretty easy to read. I think this would be wonderful to read to your babies before bed time or to have your early readers read to you.
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Both my son and I thought the whole concept of reading a flip-sided book to be quite neat. Young children love to have the same book read to them over and over and with this book you can do that by flipping the book over and reading more about hugs and love but with a different set of animals.

The book shows a variety of scenes with a parent and child as they go about their activities of the day; at breakfast, at playtime, after school, and at nighttime. It is filled with the message that a
Alycia Canfield
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was disappointed that on the kindle I couldn't do the pictures and the words were messed up however the jist of the book was cute and if I had the hard cover I know that it would be nice. I read it with a 3 year old boy who loves to read he liked it but wanted the pictures. I got it on a free review.
Mary Luzader
A beautiful story full of hugs and love from morning to night. I love the way the two parts of this "flip-sided book" come together in the middle before you flip it over for the other side.
Storywraps
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This special tender book is a love letter sent from a mama's heart to the little one that she is mothering. It is a repetitive song expressing to her beloved that "you are very special to me." It is a resounding message that ensures, saying: "I will comfort you, hold on tightly to you keeping you safe and protected, and I will be there for you... always."

Hugs are universal and wordlessly express messages like, "thank you", "hello and goodbye," "forgive me I'm sorry", and "I'm here for you to
Kate Puleo Unger
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is adorable! It's reversible, so it's really two books in one. Read one way it is the parent talking to the child, saying, "I love you," and sharing hugs all throughout the day. When read the other direction, it's the child talking to the parent, again saying, "I love you," and giving many hugs. The pages are filled with illustrations of animal parent-child pairs hugging while they do everyday activities: reading together, taking a bath, coming home from school, etc.

Perfect for
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Aug 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and so did my grandson. This is a flip book, one side was from the point of view of the mom and flip the book over and it’s from the point of view of the child. The story goes through a day and all the times when the mother and child hug. Hugging is so much a part of the growing up of a child, that this book is really easy to identify with. The illustrations of the animals are gorgeous. They are bright, colourful and fun! I recommend this book to every family. It would also ...more
Adrienne
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
There are lots of chances and reasons to give hugs throughout the day, and this beautiful picture book explores many of them--first from a parent's perspective, and then, when you flip the book over, from the child's. The illustrations--full color spreads--are so beautiful, with a variety of different animals, and kids will love looking at them. This is the perfect book for cuddling up at bedtime and is sure to inspire a few extra hugs. It's absolutely adorable!

I read a copy available through
Olivia
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"I'll Hug You More" is a very sweet flip book about hugs with beautiful illustrations. I think this is the perfect bedtime story for young children. It's all about hugs throughout the day- what they can mean and how important they are. The illustrations are very pretty and colorful, easily keeping the attention of young children through many reads. It's a sweet and heartwarming message about hugs and love, a fun read even for adults while they share it with their children!

Please note that I
Rachel
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, childrens
I received this book through NetGalley.

This was a cute story. One side was from the point of view of the mom and flip the book over and it’s from the point of view of the child. It lets your child know that you will love and cuddle them anytime and always. This would be a great story to share with your young children. They will appreciate the story and the illustrations with the different animals showing their love. This would be a great addition to any library.
Ryan
Aug 25, 2016 rated it liked it
First off this book does not work as a digital book. Why? Because it’s a flip book. Read the story one way, then flip it over and read it again. I do not see why this needs to be a flip book. It has a lovely story and fantastically colorful illustration. The story is simple, and repeats the same mantra, I’ll hug you more.
Andréa
The rhythm sometimes felt a little off, but the illustrations are fun and colorful, and kids will enjoy the cyclical, never-ending nature of the book.

Note: I accessed digital review copies of this book through Edelweiss and NetGalley.
Jasmine
Dec 16, 2016 rated it liked it
On the cover, the book says, "A flip-sided book... like love, it never ends" which is a fitting summary of what's inside. Colorful and sweet, the book is a reminder to show your loved ones that you care about them whenever you can through the day.
Patrycja
Aug 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is cute story told from the point of view of mother and a child. You flip the book and you read one story and than you flip it again and read another one.
Illustrations are pretty and colorful.
I am sure parents and child will love this story.
Tara
A sweet story about parents and children, told from both points of view. great illustrations and it rhymes too.
Cthat
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really sweet and great for interactive reading with a child. The story is very simple, but very good. Really cute illustrations too!

**Netgalley advance digital copy
Aug 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s, netgalley
This is a sweet story, and I like that it is told from both the adult and child's perspective. The colorful illustrations of different animals makes the book!

I received an ARC from NetGalley.
Philip
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
2ish stars.

Cute but with little substance; I would definitely choose other bedtime stories. The illustrations just aren't that impressive either.

Illustrations: 2
Story: 2
Zelie
Well, I always love picture book for kids. Still, this one is really worth to buy and read to your kids.
Lou-Lou Belle
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
ARC kindly provided by Netgalley for an honest review.
Really sweet book. My daughter was totally entranced. Gorgeous illustrations.
Morgan Sohl
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
A good bedtime story for parents to read to their kids