Start by marking “Hexagram” as Want to Read:

Hexagram

We are all made of stars.

When an ancient Inca ritual is interrupted, it sets in motion a series of events that will echo through five hundred years of human history. Many seek to use the arcane knowledge for their own ends, from a survivor of a shipwreck, through to a suicide cult.

Yet...the most unlikeliest of them all will succeed.
Published July 25th 2016 by Eyecue Productions

To ask other readers questions about Hexagram, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hexagram

Start your review of Hexagram
Greg at 2 Book Lovers Reviews
Duncan P. Bradshaw is demonstrating himself as a storyteller unbound by genres and refusing to be pigeonholed as someone who writes a particular type of book. He has written stories about zombies, missions to Mars, and now, with Hexagram, he delves into history with a twisted tale that could only be spun by Duncan P. Bradshaw.

I was initially drawn to Hexagram by the ancient Incan ritual, wondering where he would go with this story. How would Duncan Bradshaw play this one out? Sometimes the best
The Grim Reader
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In what sometimes feels like a twisted version of 'Around the World in 80 Days' meets 'Quantum Leap', Duncan P. Bradshaw's 'Hexagram' is certainly one of the most original horror books that I have come across in 2016. From the opening couple of chapters, featuring a bloody sacrifice, I knew this book was going to keep me very entertained.

If you have read any of Duncan's other books then you will know that he has a highly original voice in fiction. Put it this way, I can read one chapter and know
Angela Crawford
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This is in no way reflected in my opinion of this novel.

Hexagram is a difficult book to review because of the way it's put together. It's a novel composed of six completely different stories connected by one thread. That thread weaves a tapestry of horrific acts committed by people who are pious and truly believe and by those who are psychopathic murderers. The beginning of this book was rather slow for me but by the time I
Nev Murray
Apr 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
"To be able to give you the definite distinction between the worlds in a novel is not easy. This one needed to be written in such a way that it seemed as if you were reading a collection of stories whilst being fluid enough to be recognised as a novel as well. It achieved both extremely well for me."

See here for the full review:

Rich D.
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-novels
Review copy provided in exchange for an honest review
I have heard a lot of great things about Duncan Bradshaw’s work and the independent publishing company he helped found, The Sinister Horror Company, so I was excited to join the blog tour for his latest novel Hexagram. Hexagram is an interesting novel because it is made up of six distinct stories that take place over many centuries. The novel starts off with a prologue of sorts that is ironically titled, Journey’s End. This opening features a
Michelle Miller (True Book Addict)
This book...wow! It's an amalgamation of a horror novel, historical fiction and an end-of-the-world tale. I loved it!

This line in the book's description..."We are all made of stars." Turns out, the Incas were the keepers of this arcane knowledge and when an important ritual fails in their time, we are taken through a timeline of places and people seeking the truth, all planning to use the knowledge for their own ends.

At first, I didn't quite know what to think, but as the book progressed from
 Nyarlathotep Twelfth Month The Haunted Reading Room
Review of Hexagram by Duncan Bradshaw

In an interweaving of horror, science fiction, metaphysics, and mystery, readers travel a path convoluted and purposeful, from the era of the Spanish conquest of the Inca Empire, through the cleaning-up post-conquest (loading the gold and delivering it to Spain), pausing at the American Civil War, the Whitechapel murders of 1888, and continuing to the present, where the path and its purpose collide and all is revealed.

Lest a potential reader might think that
Ginger Nuts
Jul 18, 2016 rated it liked it
It has to be commended when authors try something new or challenge themselves to write something that is just outside the canon of their previous work. A good author should grow with every book; they should try to better themselves with each word committed to the page, it doesn't always work, though, sometimes what could have been a fantastic piece of work can be hampered by one or two little niggling factors.

Duncan P. Bradshaw's Hexagram is a novel of epic proportions, in regards to both the
John Quick
Sep 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, sci-fi
When I got this one, I was told to take my time so I could see exactly what Bradshaw was attempting to do here, and I have to admit that was good advice. This is not a book you just want to blast through as quick as you can; it’s one you’ll want to savor instead.

The basic premise is that the ancient Inca believed we are all made of stardust, and if they harvest enough, they can call down their God to save them from the Conquistadors and make the world a better place. When the ritual is
Hugo
Oct 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Less a novel, more a collection of short stories linked by a common thread, all of them intriguing and compelling, if prone to some rather forced and overwritten humour, sometimes rather diminishing the mood being set up. Rather a damp squib ending, if I'm honest.

Aside from the humour, prose is competent, if too prone to amateur missteps - using words like 'digits' instead of fingers and 'orbs' instead of eyes; hoary old phrases like "...with every fibre of his being." - and the various time
Zakk Madness
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When an author tries overly and unnecessarily hard to push the boundaries of their work, whether it be in scope, emotion, or graphic content, it bogs down the read and causes an instant disconnect with the piece. On the other side of the coin, it is just as obvious when a book takes on a life of it’s own, taking breaths beyond what the author had in store. Triggering an immediate fascination between reader and book. And when a work of dark fiction transcends the genre everybody wins.

Hexagram,
Aug 23, 2016
Pauline S Bradshaw
Jul 24, 2016
Caileag
rated it did not like it
Jul 30, 2016
Ann
Mary
Mike Siedschlag
Goodreads Librari...: New Book - Please Add 3 13 Apr 26, 2016 02:48AM
I live in the simply marvelous county of Wiltshire in England with my wife Debbie and our two cats, Rafa and Pepe.

We wile away the wee hours learning arcane incantations and medieval wind instruments, surviving solely on what our two furry faced fellows bring us. Winter is a bleak time indeed, when the common vole, the staple of our diet slumbers deep within the earth.

After writing a number of