Start by marking “Capturing The Captain (American Pirate Romances #1)” as Want to Read:
Capturing The Captain (American Pirate Romances #1)

Capturing The Captain (American Pirate Romances #1)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
In 1720, it’s a pirate’s life for Abigail Clear, daughter of a notorious colonial pirate captain…

But when a rival crew invades Abigail’s ship, she is taken prisoner. Now aboard the enemy vessel, she must contend with its formidable captain. But who is the real captive?

Locked away in the belly of The Indomitable is no place for a woman…

Captain James Morrow is more than d
Published April 26th 2016 by Limitless Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Capturing The Captain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Capturing The Captain

Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Story Rating ~ 4 Stars!
Hero Rating ~ 4 Stars!
Heroine Rating ~ 5 Stars!
Heat Level ~ 2.5 Stars!
Ending ~ 2 Stars!
Overall Rating ~ 3.5 Stars!

Capturing the Captain started out with a BANG! I was easily hooked into this read in the beginning because of all the action.

Abigail was kidnapped off of her father, Captain Clear’s pirate ship. This all took place while her father’s men fought the enemy who had just invaded them. The kidnapper has no idea she was a women as she was clearly dressed as a lad.
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 "Aye, Aye, Captain" stars!
I found this book on Amazon and it was for free. The cover wasn't so attractive, but the plot made me wanna read it. And now I'm so happy I downloaded it!
Pirates, privateers, a "lady", treasures, an island, year 1720: the perfect book!
It was the first time I read a book about pirates and it was fantastic! I felt like watching a different version of Pirates of the Caribbean, but the "movie" was in my mind.
And I was so happy to read a book were no technology was pre
Dec 29, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: kindle-freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/29/2017)! 💝
Marie Piper
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Capturing the Captain is a fun read. The romance between Abi and Morrow develops nicely, and there's plenty of pirate/treasure hunt/battles at sea-style action, too. CK Brooke keeps the action moving, and the book flies by. I look forward to future installments of the American Pirate Romances series.
Elizabeth Mathis
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it

Locked away in the belly of The Indomitable is no place for a woman…

Captain James Morrow is more than displeased to discover his sole captive to be none other than an untamable young lass who will earn him no bounty. Yet if he c
Dawn West
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, fantasy

**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for honest review.**

As you probably know if you follow my blog, I have mad love for anything written by C.K. Brooke. This one was no different!

Abigail is the daughter of a pirate and she's spent most of her life on her father's ship, learning the ways of the fugitives who sail the high seas in search of their next plunder. She isn't a delicate damsel, that's for sure.

But when Abi's ship is boarded by another, she finds hers
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book had me at the series title and the year: 1720, during the Golden Age of Piracy; my favorite historical time period-PIRATES!

This was a super quick, easy read, finished in three days! The story line was simple: enemies become lovers. Yes, this is a romance book and that is the driving force for the plot. Even though, treasure, cannon battles, and sword fights can still be found.

I liked the little bit of religion Brooke added to the story line, since a lot of people don't think of pirates
Mary Bernsen
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Capturing The Captain has easily secured a spot on my list of favorite reads, not just for 2016, but EVER. A swoon-worthy romance with one of the most incredible, strong, and stubborn heroines ever, this book is a must read. James is a dashing (former) pirate, presented as the perfect combination of rugged and romantic. Abi is headstrong and anything but dainty. When the two collide, sparks fly and magic ignites! With a steady pace and tons of razor-sharp action, this is a page turner from the v ...more
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a treasure of a story set on the high seas. It is about a dirty sea urchin discovering her femininity, beauty and womanly desires, when she is kidnapped off of her father's pirate ship and taken onto a privateer's vessel. After Captain James Morrow discovers that his captive, Abigail Clear, is a girl in lad's clothing, the chemistry between them sparks off and continues to build as each day passes. But, ultimately, Abi has to decide between the love of two men -- her father and the capt ...more
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Abigail Clear is the daughter of a notorious colonial pirate captain. After her mother died from smallpox, her father brought her aboard his pirate ship, where she has grown up. Her father has many enemies and one day one of them, boards the ship and grabs a hostage, not realizing that the the boy is actually a young woman, dressed in men's clothing. Captain James Morrow has come to retrieve the treasure that Captain Clear stole from him. While Abi and James dance around each other, he to find o ...more
Socially Book Nerd
Jun 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given a free copy for an honest review
I have never read a pirate romance before, I like it. Quick, fun read
Abi is happy being a Pirate and her dad is the Captain. But once she is kidnapped and the Captian of the Enemy Ship James, want Abi's secrets and her father... They work closely together an a connection grows, falling for one another.. Can James forgo his mission and fall in love with the girl?

Action packed Adventure
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review to come on the 10th for my tour date!
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
While this was nothing spectacular, it was quiet fun to read. And since I LOVE pirates at the moment and this was only 3 something bucks on kindle, I thought why not.
The book starts right away with some action and a battle between two ships, so yay! And I loved that about 99% of the story were set on a ship, also yay!
The story itself was pretty clishé. The main character is the daughter of a wanted pirate and gets captured by privateers. The captain of the privateers wants to use her to get to
InD'tale Magazine
“Capturing the Captain” is an enticing pirate romance with excellent chemistry between the leads.

Read full review in the 2017 February issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Martin Marais
Feb 20, 2017 rated it liked it
This novel was provided to me by NetGalley for free for an honest review.

There were many aspects of this novel that I liked. The narrative trips along at a good pace and the characterisation and setting are well described. I also liked the characters involved. But the plot and story line did not seem to have any real direction. It was not the gusty, pirate story I was expecting from the cover – I did not have the benefit of the category descriptions I subsequently saw on Amazon which described i
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-tour
This was a good, solid read and I thoroughly enjoyed this book. While I don't typically read pirate books (not because I dislike them, but because I just haven't seen enough of them), I recommend picking this one up and trying it out. The romance is light-hearted and sweet, so keep that in mind because I wasn't quite expecting that for a pirate romance.

It's my understanding that during this time period (and I could be wrong here), women on ships were not welcome and regarded with suspicion and d
( I received this book free in exchange for my honest review )

This was a fast pace, fun, sexy ride that I didn't want to end. Once I started reading I couldn't stop. I'm not big on these type of stories, they tend to turn into a weird harlequin rip off that just makes me want to gage. But this, wow just wow.

For starting off my reading for the new year, I'm glade I got to read this beauty. It put a new spin on a overused group and I'm so happy more authors are moving away from cookie cutter writ
May 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews-may-2016
Book Review originally published here:

In Capturing the Captain, Abigail Clair is the daughter of a notorious pirate captain, and is content living a pirate’s life. But when a rival crew invades her ship and she’s taken prisoner, she must contend with the captain of this crew – James Morrow. James wants to use Abi to get to her father, Captain Clear. But as James and Abi get to know each other better, and genuine emotions come tumbling in, the question ris
Laura Reading
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
James and Abigail did not know the other existed. The common denominator was Captain Clear.
Abi lived many years on her father's boat. She thought she knew each of his enemies, being a notorious pirate, there were more than a few. When a ship appeared suddenly, to ram them and board for hand to hand combat, the last thing either group expected was the only treasure spirited away would be the Captain's daughter.

Discovering this mistake, each Captain James Morrow and inexperienced lass Abigail sc
Gabriela Cabezut
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I read this book in one day. It's that good. The author's writing style and the way she sets you in the time is great. You fall in love with the characters and you grow with them.
If you like stories like Pirates of the Caribbean like I do, then, this story is for you.
Laura Greenwood
Review coming soon! This was a great pirate themed read, with enough adventure and romance to keep anyone entertained!
~ The Pirate Wench ~ Mer-Ree
Michele Barnett
Oct 02, 2017
rated it it was ok
Jan 15, 2018
rated it did not like it
Sep 12, 2016
Patricia A. Miller
May 26, 2016
Jan 11, 2018
Nov 15, 2016
Read 4 Review: Do You Love Charming Pirates? 6 18 May 30, 2016 06:21PM
  • Wolf's Heart (WolfPack Delta, #1)
  • Shifty Business (Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy, #3)
  • Jack Canon's Women of the House
  • The Madonna Ghost
  • The X-Cure
  • The Serpent's Fate (Vigilati, #3)
  • A Thistle Beyond Time (Thistle & Hive, #2)
  • Seachange @ Work: Discover What a Difference an Energised Day Makes!
  • You Can Love Writing: A Guide to Get through Your College Papers and Like It
  • The Granite Key (Arkana Mysteries #1)
  • Broken
  • The Connolly Affair
  • Faelon (The Forgotten Touch, #1)
  • Brothers In Arms (Family By Choice, #2)
  • Rocket Ship
  • Vigilance (Regina Shen #2)
  • Getting Lost (The Island, #1)
  • Micah: The Sword of Malachi
C.K. Brooke is an award-winning author of over a dozen romance and fantasy novels. Her debut novel, THE DUCHESS QUEST (48fourteen, 2014), was selected by Shelf Unbound Magazine as a Top 100 Notable Indie Book of 2015, and her YA novel, SECRETS OF ARTEMIS, received the Indie B.R.A.G. Medallion Award in 2017. She is also the author of THE WRONG PRINCE (48fourteen, 2016), a Global EBook Award Honorab ...more
More about C.K. Brooke...

American Pirate Romances (2 books)
  • Commanding His Heart (American Pirate Romances #2)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Sing: A Novel of Colorado (The Homeward Trilogy #2)
    $14.99 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
    $4.99 $2
  • Buried (Bone Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Mess (Broken #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • One More Night (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)