Start by marking “Capturing The Captain (American Pirate Romances #1)” as Want to Read:
Capturing The Captain (American Pirate Romances #1)

Capturing The Captain

(American Pirate Romances #1)

In 1720, it’s a pirate’s life for Abigail Clear, daughter of a notorious colonial pirate captain…

But when a rival crew invades Abigail’s ship, she is taken prisoner. Now aboard the enemy vessel, she must contend with its formidable captain. But who is the real captive?

Locked away in the belly of The Indomitable is no place for a woman…

Captain James Morrow is more th
Published April 26th 2016 by Limitless Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Capturing The Captain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Capturing The Captain

Start your review of Capturing The Captain (American Pirate Romances #1)
Kathleen
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Story Rating ~ 4 Stars!
Hero Rating ~ 4 Stars!
Heroine Rating ~ 5 Stars!
Heat Level ~ 2.5 Stars!
Ending ~ 2 Stars!
Overall Rating ~ 3.5 Stars!

Capturing the Captain started out with a BANG! I was easily hooked into this read in the beginning because of all the action.

Abigail was kidnapped off of her father, Captain Clear’s pirate ship. This all took place while her father’s men fought the enemy who had just invaded them. The kidnapper has no idea she was a women as she was clearly dressed as a la
Cristina
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 "Aye, Aye, Captain" stars!
I found this book on Amazon and it was for free. The cover wasn't so attractive, but the plot made me wanna read it. And now I'm so happy I downloaded it!
Pirates, privateers, a "lady", treasures, an island, year 1720: the perfect book!
It was the first time I read a book about pirates and it was fantastic! I felt like watching a different version of Pirates of the Caribbean, but the "movie" was in my mind.
And I was so happy to read a book where no technology was pr
Coco.V
Dec 29, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/29/2017)! 💝
Dawn West
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, fantasy

**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for honest review.**

As you probably know if you follow my blog, I have mad love for anything written by C.K. Brooke. This one was no different!

Abigail is the daughter of a pirate and she's spent most of her life on her father's ship, learning the ways of the fugitives who sail the high seas in search of their next plunder. She isn't a delicate damsel, that's for sure.

But when Abi's ship is boarded by another, she finds hers
Elizabeth Mathis

Locked away in the belly of The Indomitable is no place for a woman…

Captain James Morrow is more than displeased to discover his sole captive to be none other than an untamable young lass who will earn him no bounty. Yet if he c
Eileen
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, ebooks
2.5⭐ the golden middle ⭐
While this was nothing spectacular, it was quiet fun to read. And since I LOVE pirates at the moment and this was only 3 something bucks on kindle, I thought why not.
The book starts right away with some action and a battle between two ships, so yay! And I loved that about 99% of the story were set on a ship, also yay!
The story itself was pretty clishé. The main character is the daughter of a wanted pirate and gets captured by privateers. The captain of the privateers wan
Cynthia
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book had me at the series title and the year: 1720, during the Golden Age of Piracy; my favorite historical time period-PIRATES!

This was a super quick, easy read, finished in three days! The story line was simple: enemies become lovers. Yes, this is a romance book and that is the driving force for the plot. Even though, treasure, cannon battles, and sword fights can still be found.

I liked the little bit of religion Brooke added to the story line, since a lot of people don't think of pirates
Mary Bernsen
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Capturing The Captain has easily secured a spot on my list of favorite reads, not just for 2016, but EVER. A swoon-worthy romance with one of the most incredible, strong, and stubborn heroines ever, this book is a must read. James is a dashing (former) pirate, presented as the perfect combination of rugged and romantic. Abi is headstrong and anything but dainty. When the two collide, sparks fly and magic ignites! With a steady pace and tons of razor-sharp action, this is a page turner from the v ...more
Tam
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a treasure of a story set on the high seas. It is about a dirty sea urchin discovering her femininity, beauty and womanly desires, when she is kidnapped off of her father's pirate ship and taken onto a privateer's vessel. After Captain James Morrow discovers that his captive, Abigail Clear, is a girl in lad's clothing, the chemistry between them sparks off and continues to build as each day passes. But, ultimately, Abi has to decide between the love of two men -- her father and the capt ...more
Marcia
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Abigail Clear is the daughter of a notorious colonial pirate captain. After her mother died from smallpox, her father brought her aboard his pirate ship, where she has grown up. Her father has many enemies and one day one of them, boards the ship and grabs a hostage, not realizing that the the boy is actually a young woman, dressed in men's clothing. Captain James Morrow has come to retrieve the treasure that Captain Clear stole from him. While Abi and James dance around each other, he to find o ...more
Socially Book Nerd
Jun 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given a free copy for an honest review
I have never read a pirate romance before, I like it. Quick, fun read
Abi is happy being a Pirate and her dad is the Captain. But once she is kidnapped and the Captian of the Enemy Ship James, want Abi's secrets and her father... They work closely together an a connection grows, falling for one another.. Can James forgo his mission and fall in love with the girl?

Action packed Adventure
Marie Piper
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Capturing the Captain is a fun read. The romance between Abi and Morrow develops nicely, and there's plenty of pirate/treasure hunt/battles at sea-style action, too. CK Brooke keeps the action moving, and the book flies by. I look forward to future installments of the American Pirate Romances series.
Ri v
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review to come on the 10th for my tour date!
Space Cowgirl
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
 Ahoy, Me Hearties⛵💀🔪!

ADULT Historical Seafaring⛵🔪 Romance💕 and Adventure
1720, off the coast of the British Colonies in America.

Abigail Clear💃💋 is aboard her father's pirate ship, Sucubus⛵💀🔪, when the Indomitable, a British man o' war ship⛵💂 spots them and intercepts.

As they come aboard, she realizes they are privateers, not British Navy! Privateers⛵🔪 are given permission by the 👑King to loot the pirate ships⛵💀🔪 and rid the seas of Pirates⛵💀🔪!
She is captured in the melee and taken to the private
Buttercup1201
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Abigail Clear is the daughter of a pirate captain. She has lived her life on the sea. As always, the ship is invaded and Abigail is taken as a prisoner. Captain James Morrow wants nothing more than to find the gold that was taken from him. He has plans on seducing Abigail to obtain this information. She plans on seducing him into letting her go. The 2 play this dangerous game. Soon feelings are questioned. Is it possible that love has bloomed or is this all part of a master plan?

An interesting r
Jamie Jack
Jul 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical, 2020
Fun Pirate Romance

I'll admit that pirate romance fiction is not my go-to choice for romance, but this author put up a variety of subgenres of genre fiction at one of my favorite book review sites. I was curious to see how an author could juggle so many different types of fiction. I have to say that I really enjoyed this particular book. The tone, voice, and vibe conveyed remind me of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Abi’s a great heroine, strong and feisty. While I wasn't sure about the hero
Holly Lenz
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Capturing the Captain is a fun pirate romance about a pirate captain’s daughter who gets captured by another ship. It’s a bit silly, but it’s a good, entertaining adventure.

Recommended for mature readers- contains sex scenes and sexual situations.

The narrator is a pretty good narrator, but she makes Abby sound particularly young and immature which makes the difference in ages in the romance a little harder to swallow, and while Captain James sounds masculine enough, his voice lacks sex appeal,
Sandy
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very entertaining piece.
Yo Ho it is the pirate life for Abigail but wouldn’t you know she is taken captive and now is the prisoner of Captain James Morrow. But guess what gang the jokes on him because she will not increase his wealth. Trying to use his charms to have her change side I am not so sure he thought this one out after all he wants to capture her father. This one was very entertaining with some exciting action toward the end of the book. I just loved the characters and the author's wri
Zena
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining!
It always amuses me when the hero starts out to win the trust of the heroine (for whatever reason) and he gets trapped by his own plot by the innocent maiden.
This is exactly what happens in this lovely, amusing, well written and exciting story and I loved everything about it.
Anneliese Rennie does a good job with her narration and you can clearly tell each character from the voices she uses.
I listened to a promotional copy of the audiobook and my voluntary and unbiased review is abov
InD'tale Magazine
“Capturing the Captain” is an enticing pirate romance with excellent chemistry between the leads.

Read full review in the 2017 February issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Thewritersrampage
One of my favorite Pirate Books. I'm not usually a fan of pirate books but the way the story is told is intriguing to me! It's honest and raw. I loved every minute of it of this novel and it took me about a day or so to read.
Tristan Burbridge
Jul 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
The story line was good, the character work was great and the book had a fairly smooth flow to it. This was an entertaining read and a nice start to a series.

Dorothy  Scott
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
In 1720, Abigail Clear is the captive of Privateer Captain James Morrow. However, Abi is disguised as a cabin boy. Capturing the Captain is an action-packed fun read I recommend.

LORRIE
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun and exciting

This was a wonderful book. There was alot of action, excite,and, sexiness and romance. I love James and Abi together
Monisha
Jun 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was a good read.. I loved the characters.i generally don't read pirate books but this one was amazing.. The book was fast paced.
Martin Marais
Feb 20, 2017 rated it liked it
This novel was provided to me by NetGalley for free for an honest review.

There were many aspects of this novel that I liked. The narrative trips along at a good pace and the characterisation and setting are well described. I also liked the characters involved. But the plot and story line did not seem to have any real direction. It was not the gusty, pirate story I was expecting from the cover – I did not have the benefit of the category descriptions I subsequently saw on Amazon which described i
Janna
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-tour
This was a good, solid read and I thoroughly enjoyed this book. While I don't typically read pirate books (not because I dislike them, but because I just haven't seen enough of them), I recommend picking this one up and trying it out. The romance is light-hearted and sweet, so keep that in mind because I wasn't quite expecting that for a pirate romance.

It's my understanding that during this time period (and I could be wrong here), women on ships were not welcome and regarded with suspicion and d
E.A.
( I received this book free in exchange for my honest review )

This was a fast pace, fun, sexy ride that I didn't want to end. Once I started reading I couldn't stop. I'm not big on these type of stories, they tend to turn into a weird harlequin rip off that just makes me want to gage. But this, wow just wow.

For starting off my reading for the new year, I'm glade I got to read this beauty. It put a new spin on a overused group and I'm so happy more authors are moving away from cookie cutter wr
Majanka
May 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Book Review originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/book-tou...

In Capturing the Captain, Abigail Clair is the daughter of a notorious pirate captain, and is content living a pirate’s life. But when a rival crew invades her ship and she’s taken prisoner, she must contend with the captain of this crew – James Morrow. James wants to use Abi to get to her father, Captain Clear. But as James and Abi get to know each other better, and genuine emotions come tumbling in, the question ris
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
James and Abigail did not know the other existed. The common denominator was Captain Clear.
Abi lived many years on her father's boat. She thought she knew each of his enemies, being a notorious pirate, there were more than a few. When a ship appeared suddenly, to ram them and board for hand to hand combat, the last thing either group expected was the only treasure spirited away would be the Captain's daughter.

Discovering this mistake, each Captain James Morrow and inexperienced lass Abigail sc

• The Hitcher: A Chilling Psychological Thriller
  • Resort to Love
  • The Wickeds Box set: Books 1 - 3
  • How to Catch a Wild Viscount
  • Secrets to a Gentleman's Heart (Gentlemen of Intrigue, #1)
  • The Rebel Wife: Book Four in the Regency Romps Series
  • A Viscount is a Girl's Best Friend (The Impossible Balfours Book 3)
  • Dreams in Deadwood (Seven Brides of South Dakota, #1)
  • Freedom For A Bride (Montana Passion #2)
  • Orchids in Moonlight
  • A Bride for Adam (The Proxy Brides Book 33)
  • Duke of Knight (Gentlemen of Knights, #1)
  • Nightshifter (Nightshifter, #1)
  • Raine (Gods of the Fifth Floor, #2)
  • Whole Again (Hometown Heroes #1)
  • A Heartless Laird (Clan Ross, #1)
  • The Bathrobe Knight: Volume III (The Bathrobe Knight, #3)
C.K. Brooke is a multi-award-winning author of over a dozen fantasy and romance novels and novellas about rugged pirates, secret royalty, ancient myths and medieval legends with a girl-power twist. She is the author of the Mythic Maidens Series, the American Pirate Romances, and the Jordinia Saga. Her publishers include 48fourteen, Limitless, and Guardian Tree Press. Brooke is a two-time recipient ...more

American Pirate Romances (2 books)
  • Commanding His Heart (American Pirate Romances #2)