Start by marking “Atmamun: The Path To Achieving The Bliss Of The Himalayan Swamis. And The Freedom Of A Living God.” as Want to Read:

Atmamun is the path to achieve the bliss of the Himalayan Swamis and the Freedom Of a living God.

It is for True Seekers. It is for those who wish to move beyond the self-help and cosmetic slogans of meditation and mindfulness, toward the Ultimate Truths of Life and the Mind.
Published April 22nd 2016

To ask other readers questions about Atmamun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Atmamun

Start your review of Atmamun: The Path To Achieving The Bliss Of The Himalayan Swamis. And The Freedom Of A Living God.
Jordan Jackson
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Its a book that will come back to again and again. While it does not provide a step by step guide or checklist of actions, its simply asks you to take an honest look at ‘yourself’ the world around you. It is a book about questioning the things that we take to be true, both within ‘ourselves’ and without. Upon completion you will not have recipe but rather you will have tasted the dish.
Jonathan Travis
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The poisoned chalice

I really benefitted from Dr. Gupta somehow he got through to me and the scams I run on myself. I feel the chapter on children really will pay dividends as my boys raise me up. It's a Near Death Experience for the reader and it richly rewards him.
Paul Sochiera
Nov 01, 2022 rated it really liked it
Kapil Gupta has his own way of putting you in front of provocative metaphors until you get the point by yourself.

This book is about awareness, of your mind and its downsides, and about how to achieve peace.
Akhil Jain
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
My fav quotes (not a review):

• "KG: Imagine that you are fighting a war. And that you have found a way to spy on your enemy so that you can see his every move. Wouldn’t this allow you to escape him?"
• "For the next few minutes, this person in the mirror has no caretaker. His caretaker is taking a break. Put this book down and do this NOW. PLEASE DO IT."
• "One of the most useful qualities of human beings is also their poison. And this is the quality of Adaptability."
• "A “job” is an insult to a h
Praneet Bhave
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
At the beginning on the book, the author says that Atmamun is the only spiritual book you will ever need. After reading the book, I find the claim to be undeniably correct. Ultimately, there is a single truth on which all spiritual teachings rest upon - that the mind is the source of all human suffering. But the way Kapil expounds on the fundamental characteristics of the mind throughout the book makes this hard truth easily palatable. No BS, no wish wash drama.

In Kapils' other books which I mus
Omar Mizdaq
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality, 2021
Unlike anything else I’ve read... a undiluted, highly concentrated elixir. Makes most other spiritual books seem like fluffy puff. I’m not sure that the writer is enlightened in the sense of a master like Osho, but there is enough Truth flowing out his pen that even if one sentence out of the entire book resonates with you, it will be one of the most transformative things you’ll have ever read.

I don’t say this lightly.

If you’re ready for some pure Truth, pick it up. It’s a quick read - I finish
Neeraj Bansal
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A priceless and seminal work , a book that is hard, yet true.

This book is a must read for all humans trying to figure out how to make sense of their lives in an otherwise complicated world laden with conflicting messages, magical promises and spiritual fixes..

Dr. GuptA unveils the simplicity that is needed to find what most seek, a sense of peace and bliss.

I strongly recommend this book.
andrei
Jun 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Honestly I don't even know. Most likely requires an additional reading. But not now or next week or month, more like in 10-20 years.

I observed a very interesting phenomena. I read this book in 2 different states. My normal day to day normal state, and in this case a lot of things he mentioned would raise feelings of deep anger

And I also had the opportunity to read it 2 times while being sleep deprived and angry because life happenings. Weird enough when I read it in this state, I was not angry a
Daksh Jindal
Dec 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is one of the most thought provoking book I have read this year. The way this book ends leaves you with so much to think about in life.

The book is really brilliant if you have already dipped your toe into philosophy and religion a little. If not then I wouldn’t recommend going to this book as you might not get the most out of it.

I will be reading this book again and again to grasp all the concepts. A very inspiring, spiritual, refreshing and a philosophical read.
Boykie
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One that definitely falls into my "read again" pile. In fact I've set it to be re-read again in 6 months.

Kapil Gutpa has a refreshingly new take on life and one cannot help but intuitively feel one has come into the presence of a truth teller.

Coming to this book at a hard time in my life has probably contributed to how I've received the message in the book, so in a way I may be a bit biased. The central idea behind Atmamun is to be mindless and opposed to mindful. It ties in partially with the i
Arūnas Arūnas
May 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I've found Kapil through Naval podcasts and I knew there will be no spirituality bs like in most books. And still.. it's The only book so far in the past 2 years where after finishing realised I marked too little wisdom quotes and will have to re-read and immerse myself deeper the 2nd time..and probably will have to come back a few more times for this short but straight to the point and dense book about what's the freedom of self really is. The book is not a guide, no how-to's, no steps. It's mo ...more
Smile
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Warning : This book might change your life.
Wendy
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this. Insightful writing even for things I've heard for more than a decade. Really hit home ...more
Sai Krishna
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great

It added a new perspective. A b c d ef g h I j k l m n o p
Surbhi S
Jul 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Only a few are ready for what this book holds. I personally enjoyed the chapter on raising kids. I am pretty sure I am going to reread it a few years down the line.
Kiran Prabhu  D P
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
With all due respect to the author , this book seems to be a lot easier and digestible for those who are looking to quickly understand how our mind works but the buck stops there . What this book may not make you aware is the depth of the consciousness we all crave for or do we :) . There are far greater subjects like Jiddu and our very own modern monk as I call him , Sarvapriya nanda swamiji of Ramakrishna mutt who have researched extensively on the subject of Life and duality . But for a start ...more
Joseph Knecht
Apr 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spirituality
Relatively insightful essays on Truth.

Recommended for the spiritual seekers.

There is pain and risk in asking real questions. Intellectualization is risk-free.

If there is a being who, in your estimation, has the power to give you all that you seek, why would you settle for his good graces? Why would you sit with a begging bowl before him? Wouldn’t you want what he has?

Man is a king. But he believes that he is a beggar who must work toward becoming a king. And because he believes this, he lives h
Rajiv
Dec 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book has no nonsense and direct truth. I especially enjoyed the chapters on parenting. Freedom from mind, we are all going to die and how most of us are not 'serious' about are some of the discussed themes. There are some aspects of life are presented in a unique perspective ex: The reason that you are the way you are is because, on some level, it is
okay with you to be the way you are.

If you didn't enjoy reading it then you probably need to reread it at some other time.
Chanh Nguyen
Jan 24, 2022 rated it it was amazing
“The How leads only to the How. It never leads to the destination of the How.”

1- One of the biggest traps of man-made habits is "we are curious for answers rather than hungry for realization!
2- The root of all suffering is an attachment
3- One of the most useful qualities of human beings is also their poison. And this is the quality of Adaptability
Walden Yan
Oct 13, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Though the book started off spouting many claims to happiness and urges to let go of worldly desires, upon continued reading, I found it to offer a bit of a fresh take and contain quite a few nuggets of insight. I am not yet quite sure how I will continue to go about life in a way that incorporates the lessons of this book but I am very glad I got to read the words in this book.
Sebastian Coloma
Jun 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Interesting philosophy, difficult to wrap your head around.

Definitely leaves you thinking a lot afterwards and though it is a light read (easily covered in 3-4 hours) it holds more weight if you pause and reflect after each short section.
Kaushik N
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When Truth slaps you hard...
Nimai
Dec 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: naval-recommends
In a nutshell, We are prisoners of our mind. True Atmamun is breaking free from this prison and living life as nature indented, in the present moment.
Harry
May 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Excellent
Ashish Singh
Jun 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
One of those books which clears lots of confusion related to our perception on life and our mind. This could be the only spiritual book you might need.
Rus
Jul 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Interesting book about Kapil’s interpretation of mindfulness. A good idea to read this as a follow up to Tolle’s New Earth. It’s just a book though. You also need to experience.
Aniket Jain
I'm speechless. ...more
Omar Diego
Aug 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual
Concise, brief, enlightening. No new-agey, self-help bullshit.

• The Almanack of Naval Ravikant: A Guide to Wealth and Happiness
  • The Great Mental Models, Volume 2: Physics, Chemistry and Biology
  • Stillness Is the Key
  • Caffeine: How Caffeine Created the Modern World

News & Interviews

Here at Goodreads World Headquarters, we tend to read a lot of books. Like, a lot a lot. And every December, as we finish up our...
“When the mind thinks that it knows, it creates a story. And it makes the person believe the fairy tale. But when it is confused, it has no story to tell you. So you are, for a brief moment, free to learn the truth. Independent of the mind.” 7 likes
“Live your life as a lonely stranger. As a wanderer filled with awe and wonder. Leave everything as you found it. For none of it belongs to you. Let the events happen around you, knowing that none of them are happening TO You. And you will live an equanimous life.” 7 likes