Start by marking “The BlackBurne Legacy (Bloodlines Legacy #1)” as Want to Read:
The BlackBurne Legacy (Bloodlines Legacy #1)

The BlackBurne Legacy

(Bloodlines Legacy #1)

For the last nine years, Alexandria Reed has been locked away, a prisoner of her own nightmares. Determined to escape, she convinced the doctors she was sane. It wasn’t even that hard really. She leaves behind her fears and joins her family in their new home, Jacob’s Fork, West Virginia, where she plans out her nice, normal life.

But she’s not normal. She can never be norm
Published April 26th 2016 by Limitless Publishing LLC

Haley Allison
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am in tears. Literally about to sob like a baby because a book is over and I have to wait until winter for book #2. Apryl Baker destroyed me. Ripped me apart thread by thread and pieced me back together again battered and bruised.

I'll be honest, I'm not typically the biggest paranormal fiction fan. I gave this book a chance because I'm an Apryl Baker fan and her other books had this same effect on me. At first when I started reading this book, I was afraid I'd have to tell her I couldn't revie
Jessica Robbins
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-kindle

As the start to a new series this book does well at creating a world that will keep you guessing as to what will happen next. Alexandria was placed in a mental institution after nightmares made her go a little wonky. After years of being there she finally convinces them that she is better so she can be released where she goes to live with her brother while attending college. Things start out great but th
Fly FreeBird
Nov 09, 2018 rated it liked it
I had high hopes for this... it was an okay read.

******************************
Note to self:
No need to read the other books.
Dec 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
This review was originally posted to Jen in Bookland

I had such high hopes for The BlackBurne Legacy, but unfortunately it was just not good. It was all tell not show which I hate. That and I don't feel you get to know any of the characters, a super whiney main character, and it made for a story that I simply did not enjoy. It was not good, but I seem to be one of the only ones with this issue. Makes me think did I read a different book than everyone else?

So the story is all tell not show. Most o
Xiamera
Jul 29, 2016 rated it liked it
I have to say that I'm a bit annoyed at how it ended. It felt a bit abrupt to me but other than that it was a enjoyable read. I like the characters and Luka's not so great grasp on English is perfect. I swear though, every time I read about some family separation, I just start to feel like the characters should get over it. Some interesting things I noted: Micah is introduced as a boy and not a man like Luka, I could swear there was a typo somewhere about the color of Luka's eyes, Dean Wincheste ...more
Bridgett Brown
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love This book!! I can not wait for the next installment of this series. I was hooked from page, I really like this author.

Alexandria Reed has had a tough life, nightmares had her in a mental hospital, and somehow she has convinced the doctors that she is sane, so they release her. But her dreams may send her back...

Apryl Baker is a writer that you want to take notice of. I love her style of writing.
If you love Paranormal stories. check this out!!! I highly recommend this book and author!!!
Terri
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ARC from author in exchange for an honest review.
Alexandria Reed had moved to Jacob's Fork in search of a new start after her release from Compton Academy, a "private school" that basically doubled as a mental hospital for unstable youth. Upon her arrival in the strange new town she now calls home, she discovers not everything or everyone there is as it seems including her new friends, new boyfriend, even her own family isn't who she has always thought they were.
Dania Mcclanahan
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
really liked this book. cant wait for the next one..
Crystal Collier
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
This was a good read, although one of those books that held the secrets too close to the vest for too long. Definitely some interesting story development, and the first time I've seen the "crazy" angle work well. So kudos for that! It's also one of those that is meant to lead right into the next book in the series--not a cliff hanger, but it definitely leaves the door WIDE open. I liked the variety in the cast, and how different they each were.

Content warning: closed door relations, but all not
Lisa
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book surprised me.

I liked Alex and her brother Jason.
I even liked Alex's relationship with Luka. Even though I am not a fan of the insta-love kind of stories.
And, I really liked her relationship with Micah.

Overall a good and interesting story.

(view spoiler)
Amy
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great beginning to a new series

I really enjoyed reading this book. Ms. Baker does an amazing job of hooking your attention and feeling you in and keeping it.
I'm my opinion, she repeated herself a little too much. You had to guess who Alex and Jason were for the majority of the book only for it to be confirmed towards the end.
How horrible for Alex to be locked up! How did her Mom not keep tabs on her and Jason? Hopefully, these questions will be answered! I look forward to the next book! Great
Jadedove
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure what to expect when I started rading this book but once I did start, I did not want to put it down! It has been a really long time since I enjoyed a book as much as I enjoyed this one. Apryl does a great job developing the characters and setting up the story. There are a few twists in the book - some are predictable and some are a complete surprise but it all works great together. I actually slowed down reading as I neared the final pages because I didn't want the book to end.... I ...more
Courtney Huchton
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was beyond unexpected. I really had no clue what supernatural creatures would surface in this book. I really read the first two sentences of the synopsis and decided it was read worthy! Very different story line then what I would have imagined and a differently love triangle then you typically read. I really love what soulmates mean in this book, Alex needs as much love as possible from the way she had grown up. I cant wait to read the next!
Debbie
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with Apryl's writing when I started reading the The Ghost Files. I had the pleasure of meeting her at Penned Con in St. Louis. Switching gears with her was easy. I feel in love with Alexandria and Luka's story. She took me on journey with twists and turns and uncovered lies. I can't wait to read the next book in this series !! Oh wait !! It's out !! See ya !!!
Marie Yule
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Stephanie Elliott
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I’m a huge fan of the Ghost Files/Crane Diaries series, so I thought I’d give another Apryl Baker series a try and it did not disappoint! I can wait to start the next one!
Toni
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another spellbinding thrillers from Apryl Baker! The more I read, the more I enjoyed it. Wonderfully written with great characters. The farther I got into the story, the harder it was to put it down. Now that I've finished it, I have to read the next one.
Belinda
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it, the main characters were fantastic and had a dynamic that made you feel like they were your best friends. The story had so many twists that kept you engrossed til the end. Can't wait for the second book....
Brieanna
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing novel by Apryl Baker! I was hooked right from page one and could not put it down! I loved the characters and their background stories, it was all so intricate and detailed! The plot was amazing! I cannot wait to read book two!
Sonya
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Apryl has done it again with another well written book.
I throughly enjoyed reading this book the characters, the plot and everything in between was great. Read it one day/night.
If you are after a paranormal book then try this one out, you won't regret it.
Amy Haskins
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh My God

I've had this book in my TBR soon pile...it should have been in my TBR NOW pile! The twists..the turns..the way the story threads were woven into this amazing world! I love Apryl's books! Why it took me so long to start this series will haunt me! AMAZING!
April
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good read

I wasn't sure about this book because the blurb didn't seem that interesting but I like the author so I read it anyway and was surprised. I loved it. Characters are awesome and it has a good plot. I will be reading the next in the series immediately.
Teena
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Definitely some twists in this storyline, but I really enjoyed it. I like Alex a lot. I hope there is more to Alex than just the one book. I will be reading the next one about Sadie the necromancer. I hope it is as good.
Alana
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My first book by this author and I have to say I sooo enjoyed it. I loved how the characters developed and the group came together. A real page turner it was hard to put down. Looks like a great new series, Come on book 2 !!
Liz Calderone
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: good-books, loved-it
4.5
Melissa Granata
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Must read

To not know who you truly are must be difficult but to be locked up in an insane asylum must horrifying. This book was amazing and I couldn't put it down!
Nancy Messinger
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great job.

I really love this new series. New to me. If you like ghost stories by Apryl Baker you'll love this series.
I am getting ready to down load the next book now.
Heather
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. It's the first book I've read by Apryl, but it won't be the last. It was a real page-turner with a lot of current references which makes it more relevant. I love Alex, Luka, Micah and Jason. I'm eager to learn more about Saidie and Sabrina, who I am hoping will be in the next books in the series.
Audrey Tolbert
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an amzing series. Im obsessed with it. Once i started i couldnt put it down cant wait to read thr next book.
Alice Blessing
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Apryl Baker has a brilliant writing style, I am so glad to have found this author, her writing is amazing and will keep you hooked all the way through, can't wait for the next one.
  • Spell Slinger (Skeleton Key)
  • In the Land of Tea and Ravens
  • Cheerleading Can Be Murder
  • I'm Not Afraid of Wolves (The Cotton Candy Quintet #4)
  • Lady of The Shadows
  • A Demon in the Desert (Grimluk, Demon Hunter, #1)
  • The Atlantis Twins (Mermaid Curse, #1)
  • Shadow Games (Time Jumper #1)
  • Making a Tinderbox (The Tinderbox Tales, #1)
  • End of the Last Great Kingdom (The Brimstone Chronicles #1)
  • Wanted (Chase Ryder, #1)
  • The Deepest Poison (Clockwork Dagger, #0.5)
  • Ever Burning (Ever Chronicles, #1)
  • The Daemoniac (Dominion Mysteries #1)
  • Dancing with the Ferryman
  • The Shattered Orb (Vagrant Souls, #1)
  • The Remembered Queen (The Mad Queen's Massacre, #1)
  • The Brass Giant
So who am I? Well, I'm the crazy girl with an imagination that never shuts up. I LOVE scary movies. My friends laugh at me when I scare myself watching them and tell me to stop watching them, but who doesn't love to get scared? I grew up in a small town nestled in the southern mountains of West Virginia where I spent days roaming around in the woods, climbing trees, and causing general mayhem. Nig ...more

Bloodlines Legacy (3 books)
  • The Blackwater Legacy (Bloodlines Legacy #2)
  • The Blackstone Legacy (The Bloodlines Legacy, #3)
“She’s my mama, and she’s gone. Just…gone. I’ll never hear her tell me she loves me or feel her hug me again. I’ll never get the chance to tell her goodbye. No matter what she’s done to us, I love her, and losing her hurts. I can’t seem to breathe past this crushing pain in my chest. It just hurts. A” 0 likes