Start by marking “The Staff and the Blade (Irin Chronicles, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Staff and the Blade (Irin Chronicles, #4)

The Staff and the Blade (Irin Chronicles #4)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  1,079 Ratings  ·  111 Reviews
Warriors. Lovers. Enemies. Legends.

Their union became pivotal in Irin history, but to understand Damien and Sari's ending, you must go back to their beginning. Four hundred years ago, a young singer and a hardened warrior met and loved each other, but their life was torn apart by violence.

Love. Desire. Grief. Betrayal.

No matter how much pain and anger stain their lives, b
Published July 12th 2016 by Elizabeth Hunter

Elizabeth Hunter
Apr 25, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
The Staff and the Blade is now LIVE! I hope you grab your copy and enjoy Damien and Sari's story and the continuation of the Irin Chronicles world. It's a look at the past and a giant step into the future.

I'll also be turning on the "Ask the Author" feature on my dashboard now! So those of you with questions (about any book, but especially the Irin ones this week) can head over to my profile and ask away. I look forward to answering.

Have an amazing week!

Damien promo

Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/StBKindle
iBoo

Douglas Meeks
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well let me start by disagreeing with the line in the synopsis that says "The Staff and the Blade is a four part stand-alone book". I cannot see anyone really enjoying this book to its fullest without a lot of prior knowledge from previous books in this series. Since the last book was a bit over a year ago I had to move some brain cells around to remember certain things and the action skips over events that took place in previous books so I do not see this book as any type of "stand alone" other ...more
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
Like all the books in the series, simply Amazing! I've had this one tucked away on my Kindle...waiting to savor it like a fine wine. And like all the others, I loved it! These stories always challenge my heart, soul, and mind. I'm left with a feeling of fullness, contentment, and always...a longing for more. Beautifully done, Elizabeth Hunter! A Page Burning Must Read!
Kara-karina
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Someday you will love a man, and the fire of it will be a violent, dangerous thing."

If memory serves me well, this is a forth book by Elizabeth Hunter I've rated so high, and it was exquisite, one of her finest.

Damien and Sari's story takes place over hundreds of years, so this book is rightfully split into four parts.

DREAMS describes young Sari meeting and falling for Damien, it's romantic and lighthearted, sweet and lovely. GHOSTS strains the depth of their feelings for each other and it's h
Colleen Vanderlinden
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, heart-wrenching story, beautifully written.

Longer review to come.
Kate's Corner

I am going to TRY convey how amazing this book is.

Our journey spans from Orkney to London to Norway to Istanbul and Prague. It was so exciting experiencing these different parts of the world. An upbeat book with fast paced action not once did the book come across as being dull. A world created that is beautiful and wild but filled with violence and danger.

I was intrigued by Sari and Damien and the palpable feelings they had for one another when I read about them in book three, if I remember corr
Victoria
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Beautifully written!

Ms. Hunter surprised me again with yet another fascinating story. I honestly wasn't looking forward to this novel as much (i know, Irin Chronicles is probably my least favorite series of hers), but as soon as I started reading I was truly captivated by Sari and Damien's journey. The last installment was reminiscent of Deborah Harkness's Shadow of Night (one of my personal favorites), so I couldn't help but devour this [The Staff and the Blade] novel. Grand love, epic battles
Meg at
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
We all want someone to love us when we’re difficult to love.

We want someone who stands by us when no matter what we do, what we say…

…How far we go.

Damien and Sari have lived through the absolute worst life can throw at us. They have seen loved ones lost, their families ripped asunder, and their very world fracture.

And yet… love remains.

There are few contemporary authors that have the ability to not only sweep us into a story, but into a world we could believe exists congruently outside our doors
ShoSho
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, elib, x-2016
Fantastic! I really hope there will be more books in the series.
Kristopher
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

Really good read to continue the series can't wait for the next boo this year. I really like these books
  • Tall, Dark and Supernatural: Seven Deliciously Dangerous Heroes of Paranormal Romance
  • The Art Broker
  • White Knight (Cornerstone Run Trilogy, #3)
  • The String Keeper's Wish
  • Penric and the Shaman (Penric and Desdemona, #2)
  • Damian (Stone Warriors, #1)
  • Wicked Abyss (Immortals After Dark, #18)
  • Lucky Number Six (The Fortune Cookies Chronicles #1)
  • The Ippos King (Wraith Kings, #3)
  • Our Own Brand of Heroine
  • Master of Monsters (Entwined Realms, #4)
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
  • Distractions
  • Hex (The Evolution, #3)
  • Blade of Darkness (Immortal Guardians, #7)
  • Hold On to Me (Hearts of the South, #3)
  • A Crown of Bitter Orange (La Vie en Roses, #3)
  • Four Play (Cue Ball Mysteries,#4)
Elizabeth Hunter is a contemporary fantasy and romance author. She is a graduate of the University of Houston Honors College and a former English teacher.

She is the author of the Elemental Mysteries and Elemental World series, the Irin Chronicles, the Cambio Springs Mysteries, and other works of fiction.

Just released: Midnight Labyrinth (Elemental Legacy Book #1)

Coming Soon: Amid the Winter Snow:
More about Elizabeth Hunter...

Irin Chronicles (5 books)
  • The Scribe (Irin Chronicles, #1)
  • The Singer (Irin Chronicles, #2)
  • The Secret (Irin Chronicles, #3)
  • The Silent (Irin Chronicles, #5)
“I can wander the world for the rest of my life. The only home I need is you.” 2 likes