Start by marking “Kilala Princess: Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Kilala Princess: Volume 1

Kilala Princess: Volume 1

(Kilala Princess #1)

Manga publishing pioneer TOKYOPOP is back... this month with the launch of popular, out-of-print Disney shojo series Kilala Princess! Collect all 5 volumes - only 2 were previously released in English. When Kilala awakens a sleeping prince named Rei, she magically gains the power of the princesses! So when her friend Erica is kidnapped, Kilala decides she and Rei must set ...more
Published July 19th 2016 by TokyoPop (first published December 31st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Kilala Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kilala Princess

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

KILALA PRINCESS is one of the more bizarre manga I've come across. It's about a Disney-obsessed young girl who's girly and very much into her own world. Her school is having a princess competition, where the most popular/prettiest girl gets nominated as princess (kind of like a prom king/queen), and she's so sure that her pretty and amazing best friend Erica is going to win. Coincidentally enough, a boy named Rei turns up in her front yard
[Shai] Bibliophage
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
At first, it's quite odd to read this manga with Disney characters included; in this particular volume, it is Snow White and the seven dwarfs/dwarves that Kilala and Rei met. I love this manga because I grew up watching the Disney Princesses and I'm looking forward on reading the succeeding volumes. Thank you to the publisher for sending me a free copy of this manga through e-mail.
Skye Chanel
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, this is absolutely adorable and I loved every minute. You honestly cannot go wrong with a Disney manga that lets you revisit all the princesses and their stories! I highly recommend this and I'm looking forward to volume two!
Carla
**I received a free copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

A story with Disney Princesses in it?

Yes, please!

So Kilala is a big Disney fan, and a crazy schoolgirl who loves causing trouble. There's a princess competition at her school, and her good friend Erica is the best candidate.

After Erica is kidnapped, Kilala and Rei, a boy who's looking for a princess, work together to find her, using the powers of the tiara of the seventh princess. Along the way, they enc
Whitney
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alexandra
Ah the woes of reading this in high school! She looks so childish now!
Selena
May 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Kingdom Hearts fans who like Magical Girl series
Once upon a time, there was a company. This company had a big success by working with another company to create a game in which a young boy with goofy hair and clothes teamed up with their own animated characters to save the worlds. Wanting to repeat this success, they decided to team up once more, this time with a mangaka to have a young girl with goofy hair team up with princesses in order to save the world...

Okay, I'm not sure if that's Kilala Princess came to be, but this manga feels very mu
Katie
Apr 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A whole new world of adventure and romance!

This book is basically my childhood dream in print form. Getting to go on an adventure filled with all of my favorite Disney characters not to mention getting the chance to become a real princess myself. This book will definitely appeal to the younger audience and to those of us who are still children at heart.

There was tons of whimsy and a bit of mystery, but what I loved the most was the spunky heroine and her banter with the kind and yet annoyingly c
Matt Mazenauer
May 18, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Disney princess fans
Recommended to Matt by: Kelly Ford
Just... wow. The most stereotypical anime girl ever ... is also a raving Disney Princess fan. There is nothing besides completely predictable anime tropes here (getting in trouble at school, a pet talking/flying mouse, beautiful strangers you meet in the woods) until... she gets sucked into the world of Snow White. Yes. Bizarre anime characters get to hang out with Snow White & the seven Dwarves, and begin to gear up for a fight with the wicked Queen. 3 stars for novely alone, the rest is dr ...more
doctor
Mar 07, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I think you mean- Would you like to read Kingdom Hearts for Little Girls?
WOW. THAT WAS REALLY CUTE. AND REALLY SHORT.
I personally don't find it that odd because I've read plenty of manga where young girls have traveled to distant lands and saved the day, but I mean... it was super rushed. I guess that's because it's for LITTLE KIDS.
I couldn't help myself though. THAT ART.
Cindy
Typical Anime to a T again. I liked the characters but it was almost too short like it's trying to milk money out of you. Cute for maybe for little ones or disney fans like me. I liked that she went to the story of Snow White :)
Keri (JD)
This book was super generic... I liked the idea of having Snow White as a character outside her story... but the main character Kilala gives me a headache.
Hanna
Mar 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
While I read it a while back I do remember enjoying this manga quite a bit. I did always question how or rather if Disney gave the Author the right to use their princesses...
Christina
Nov 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-shojo
I saw this series on-line a while ago and was curious, but Tokyopop, the publisher, went out of business years ago. It wasn’t until I wrote this review that I learned that they’re back in business and seem to still have the rights to this series. Anyway, when I saw copies of the first three volumes in a used bookstore, I picked them up. Reviewing first two volumes here.

It’s exactly what you’d expect from a shojo manga/Disney Princess mash-up. The storyline is pretty typical manga, about a likabl
Wayne McCoy
May 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
'Kilala Princess: Volume 1' by Rika Tanaka and Nao Kodaka is a manga from TOKYOPOP from their Disney line. Other titles I've seen have been adaptations of Disney films. This was was different. Different isn't always a good thing.

Kilala is a girl who is obsessed with all things Disney. When she wakes up a handsome prince named Rei, she somehow becomes a princess. She and Rei decide to try to find her friend Erica who has disappeared. They set out on a quest that leads them to the world of Snow Wh
Cassie
This is a cute series and I adore that it brings in classic Disney Princesses and does have good messages for any girl or even boy growing up. It is important to believe in yourselves, make friends that are important to you, don't judge a book by it's cover or a person, and kindness will be rewarded.

However, there are also some down points to the series. The first being it is extremely rushed from volume 3-5. Only Snow White and Ariel get what feel like fully developed stories with good villain
Miss
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, own
This was a very cute manga that I look forward to reading more of! Kilala loves the Disney Princesses and she really wants to become one someday. Her school crowns a princess every year, but because Kilala is not the most refined girl she knows she won't achieve it. But she supports her best friend Erika who is likely to have it. When Erika gets kidnapped (because she is possibly the 7th lost princess) Kilala teams up with Rei to save her and hopefully find the seventh princess. Kilala also gets ...more
Dana
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This review is for the whole series! Read at your own risk!

Kilala Princess is the perfect blend of Disney and shojo manga. Yes, it's a short series so things are rather simplified, but the intended audience is roughly around 7 years old. I enjoyed the characters, plot, the Disney twists! It was just a magical and fun ride. Don't take it to seriously or you'll have loads of questions (view spoiler)
Seobin  Baeg
Disney characters are great here but I see a few plot holes. Also, the girl tries to kiss the main male character( who is sleeping) imagining the scene in some romantic movie. But when she gets caught, she hits him, telling him he embarrassed her. I think that pretty much summarizes the girl. She's loyal but she's so reckless that the main male character gets hurt for her most of the time.....
Lici
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kilala Princess is a Manga series about a girl who loves the Disney Princesses and dreams of one day becoming a princess herself. One day on her way home from school she stumbles upon a sleeping boy who won't wake up, so she kisses him, just like Prince Philip kisses Sleeping Beauty. As he awakens, a whole tale unfolds about how he's a Prince searching for the 7th Princess to save his country. It is rumored that the 7th Princess will be revealed when all 7 of the jewels on the Prince's tiara are ...more
Lavonia Reid
I am rereading this series from the beginning since I never did finish it. It is basically almost sort of like a shojo version of Kingdom Hearts. So if you're a fan of Kingdom Hearts you're going to love this series.
Vanessa
Nov 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Pretty cute.
But the randomly thrown in character art and author's notes throughout were a bit odd.
Sylvia
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, manga
Cute. The art is absolutely stunning.
Nicole
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Disney anime. How did I not know about this sooner?!?!
Lexi (cubegirl97) Hoefer
3.5 Stars it is a little out there but cute and I enjoyed it.
Michael Johnson
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent plot which flows well with Disney classics.
Kayla
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't even know these existed until I saw them on my library's web page. I love Disney princesses, I love original content, I love this series.
Angelina
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book so much it has clues for future romance which I really like because even the ending in the first one is kinda sad ending......
Cathrine
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it was cute
Melanie
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super cute start to the series. Kilala is a lovable character who has the cutest pet. They did an excellent job miking in the Disney princesses also.
  • Kingdom Hearts, Vol. 2 (Kingdom Hearts, #2)
  • Belle's Tale (Disney Beauty and the Beast, #1)
  • Shugo Chara! Volume 11 (Shugo Chara!, #11)
  • Man of Many Faces, Vol. 02
  • Arisa, Vol. 06 (Arisa, #6)
  • Sugar Sugar Rune, Volume 3 (Sugar Sugar Rune #3)
  • Her Majesty's Dog, Volume 2
  • Tokyo Mew Mew A La Mode, Vol. 01 (Tokyo Mew Mew A La Mode, #1)
  • The Nightmare Before Christmas
  • Fall in Love Like a Comic! Vol. 2
Rika Tanaka is best known as the author of 'Kilala Princess', a Disney oriented manga much like 'Kingdom Hearts'.

Kilala Princess (5 books)
  • Kilala Princess, Vol. 02