Start by marking “Written in the Scars” as Want to Read:
Written in the Scars

Written in the Scars

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  4,767 Ratings  ·  849 Reviews
Falling in love is easy.

Falling out of love is the hardest thing in the world.

And Elin and Ty Whitt are terrible at it.

The first time the local basketball star smiled at Elin, she was a goner. It was just so damn easy to fall for the dark-haired hometown hero with his charming smile and strong, athletic build.

Thousands of sleepy smiles, aimless drives down country roads, a
ebook, 1st Edition, 302 pages
Published October 18th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Written in the Scars, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Tonya Warrington
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
5.0 "EMOTIONAL AND REALISTIC" STARS!!!

“Bruises go away. Scars stick around to prove you showed up for life. That you lived. That you fought. That you loved.”

I have been reading this book several times and even up until now, I'm still a mess. The first time I keep my hands on it, I dropped everything and stayed up in the wee hours not caring I have to sleep and wake up for work. It didn't even matter that I stayed all night sobbing and will eventually get to have a puffy and red eyes the next m
Mary Ruth (TheReadingRuth)
*ARC graciously provided in exchange for an honest review*

5 (I wish Goodreads had more) STARS!

There are books that make you want to dream.
There are books that rouse hope.
There are books that make you all giddy and dream of the same kind of love.
There are books that turn you on.
And then there’s Written in the Scars by Adriana Locke.
A book that makes you want to LIVE.

Loving her is so damn easy. It’s as natural as breathing or the beating of a heart.

Elin Whitt knew enough about fairy
Wit & Wonder Books
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
** ARC PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **

You will be swept away by this emotional story of love, self discovery and redemption.

With each paragraph you read, the words will seep into your soul. Adriana Locke wrote such a phenomenal novel with real relatable characters who are perfect as they are flawed and a heartbreakingly beautiful plot. Love is not always easy, nor is it perfect. It will wear you down, tear you apart and restore your soul. How you navigate through the mine field
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

"I'm yours, E. You're mine. We are two people that get it right most of the time, but, on occasion, we fuck up."

➦Those words from the quote... I can't get over how true they are. Let's face it, marriages are hard work and they aren't perfect. It can be really really good, until someone fucks up royally and then it suddenly is bad. How much does it take then to fix the broken trust? We have our love but often life just gets in the way.
"Loving her is so damn easy. It's as natural as breathin
Christy
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

photo 56EF77B5-94EA-46DE-82B0-D20101AC1C6F_zpstw9xhcnx.jpg

Talk about a book coming out and hitting you right in the feels… This book had me tearing up from the start and bawling like a baby by the end. And it felt so good! I love a good cry when I’m reading, especially if the ending is satisfying to me. Written in the Scars is an emotional read about a married couple fighting for their love. As the blurb says, Falling in
Dawn Nicole Costiera
A Top Pick For 2016
Wow. I got a glimpse of Adriana Locke's soul with Written in the scars... It is pure, benevolent and maybe a bit scarred itself. To write a book this emotional, raw and realistic, it has to come from deep within an author.... I could actually feel Adriana within the pages. ( I hope that makes sense.) This is her best book to date... Her writing is impeccable and stellar. She continues to grow with each book written. Written in the scars is not just a love story. It focuses on
Chantal ❤️
5 ALMOST DID NOT MAKE IT STARS

"Bruises go away, Tyler. Scars stick around to prove you showed up for life. That you lived. That you fought. That you loved.”
"Your heart will be more scarred than your back by the end of your lifetime. That is, if you live the right way."

OMG WHERE DO I START

Well this book sucked, but in a good and bad way. Let me explain, first it sucked because I was pissed at the hero and the whole situation, and then it sucked me into the story...stupid story!
I am an emotional m
Adriana Locke
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Written in the Scars is LIVE and available in Kindle Unlimited.

Natalie The Biblioholic
FEELS!! FEELS!! FEELS!! FEELS!! FEELS!!

Be warned that the following statements DO NOT detract from my affection for this story. I adored it. It was soooooo good. But I had a grievance and I HAVE to share it.

Am I the only one who sometimes wants to reach into a book and get in the character's face? Shake them? Slap some sense into them? That's how I felt towards Elin for the first 50% of this story. I wanted to tell her that being strong doesn't necessarily mean you have to be a bish. That in a
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
****4 STARS****

Written in the Scars is a really good book. I loved how it focuses on an established relationship, a marriage. It’s not just about that pretty stuff that happens when you first meet someone. This is when s**t gets real.

I am a die hard Adriana Locke fan, she is a brilliant writer. Even if this booked sucked I would still read anything and everything she ever writes because I love her. Well, its a good thing I don’t have that problem because this book is wonderful.

She once again pro
NMmomof4
Nov 27, 2016 marked it as lost-interest-but-maybe-come-back
Well... I thought I was up for this angst-fest, but I couldn't go on. Frankly I was a blubbering mess for so long I was getting tired of crying! I skimmed ahead, and it looks like it would probably continue too! I enjoyed it, and I was captivated...but I started to feel the hope that I had in this couple working things out start to diminish, and that wasn't ok with me. I'm all for angsty books, but I need to feel that hope! I started to get really frustrated with the h too, which doesn't bode we ...more
Jeannine Allison
description

Woah!! I was absolutely blown away by this! This is so much more than a second-chance romance. It's about love, life, forgiveness, sacrifice, family, and friendship. I don't remember how I became aware of this book, but I wish I knew because I'm incredibly grateful. From the characters to the writing, I loved this book! I've already added a bunch of this author's books and started stalking her on social media... Mrs. Locke, if you see this, please don't be alarmed... I'm harmless ;) I love disco
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

TITLE: Written in the Scars
AUTHOR: Adriana Locke
GENRE: CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE
CHAPTERS: Prologue | 48
RELEASE DATE: 20TH October, 2016
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
WRITTEN IN THE SCARS: In the 'Prologue - SEVEN YEARS EARLIER' it's been six years they have been girlfriend/boyfriend, High school sweethearts, to seeing these two love birds tying the knot. This is Elin and Ty's story, spoken in 'Dual Perspectives', married for seven years.

Falling in love is easy.
Falling out of love is the hardest thing in the world.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic “ lov
ABWO Book
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Where do I even begin with this book? First, I will say that this is my FAVORITE book of 2016 thus far. I can't imagine another book coming close. I loved Sacrifice by Adriana, but this book was at a different level of emotional for me. It was written perfectly and I never wanted to put it down.

This story touched my heart so deeply, I ached for those moments where the book would take me and surprised where it lead me at times. Adriana was able to take me into their story. Have you ever been in a
Kate
++3.5++

SAFETY:
(view spoiler)
Denna✌
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book!! It is a sad one I definitely shed some tears at the end. This book is about Ty and Elin, they have been married for years and when going through a rough time Ty leaves. So the beginning of this story is Ty returning. There are a few flashbacks so we understand exactly what happen that caused them to fight and for Ty to leave! Their separation is not long I believe he is only gone a few weeks but the damage is done and he has to earn the trust of Elin. My heart brok ...more
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review to follow
Paige
3.5 "Coming Home" Stars

Written in the Scars was an emotional second chance romance that took me on a journey I didn't expect but still really enjoyed. Ms. Locke created two characters that had their fair share of both physical and emotional pain, yet made their journey relatable and had me rooting for them from the very beginning. It wasn't always an easy journey, but it was an important one for Elin and Ty.

Elin has had a rough few years but nothing could have prepared her for surviving the last
Olga therebelreader
Sexy and sweet just what you need and crave for in a book. Written in the Scars had it all….romance, laughter, suspense, drama and panty melting love scenes. All of the side characters were fabulous. It kept my guessing and on the edge of my seat, just to see how it all worked out. It’s a winner and a must read I would highly recommend. 5 stars.
Janie
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-heroes
This is the story of Ty and Elin who met in high school, married, and had real life problems that became too much. Ty decides that it will be best for both of them if he leaves for a while so they can both take time to think and get their heads straight. Little does he know that while he's gone for 43 days, Elin will suffer a loss that she's left to deal with on her own. Ty returns knowing that he wants his wife and his life back. Elin does not make it easy on him.

While I understood her reasonin
Malene
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was looking for a story that had angst and a sweet, groveling hero and Written In The Scars delivered. Big time. This story was fabulous because of Ty, Elin, Jiggs, Lindsay and last but definitely not least Cord. Yes, Elin and Jiggs were sister and brother but the five of them were all family.

A work and personal accident slowly changed the lives of Elin and Tyler. They had drifted apart and failed in communicating with one another. They both made poor choices in their marriage, Tyler more than
Wil Loves Books!
This was a fantastic read/listen and a new favorite. This is my first Adriana Locke book but now I'm hooked. Beautiful angsty and emotional second chance romance! Love a hero that knows he screwed up, yet he's willing to do whatever it takes to get back his woman and won't take no for an answer. The dual narration on the audiobook is also fantastic. Loved it! 5 stars!!!!
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
This book hits all the high notes! I LOVED it. Small town, second-chance romance; main characters dealing with both mental and physical pain; and an excruciatingly emotional event that changes all of their lives forever.

"It takes courage to love. But to have someone to love and to love you back is worth every bump in the road.” Grab a box of tissues because you will need one for this story!!

'Written in the Scars' was a very emotional and ultimately heartwarming story of finding and keeping y
Joy
"Life's not for the faint of heart...."

I'll let you in on a little secret, neither is this book. If I were asked to describe this book with one word it would be, powerful. There are so many beautiful and emotional themes in this story. Acceptance, redemption, friendship, selflessness to only name a few.

This isn't a story about new found love and making it happen. This is a story about true love and making it work. Ty's actions aren't a result of him not loving Elin. He does what he feels he has
Bev
4.25 - 4.5 stars

I really liked this, I was after an angsty read and I got that in Written in the Scars. I love me a second chance romance, especially when it's about a married couple who are having difficulties in their marriage.

I'm not a fan of push and pull - ridiculous really given I love angst and second chances, that's me .... Miss Contrary! In this case it was pitched just right. I knew going in I was going to get pushing away by Elin after Ty walked out on their marriage weeks before. Th
Ashlynn
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
EMOTIONAL I tell you. E-Motion-Al.
This book made me so sad but so incredibly happy. It's insane. A beautiful disaster. I cried and laughed and screamed at them for being so stupid and everything worked out. But it was a crazy train.

“It’s not just the words we speak in a moment, but the weight of words over the course of time that matters. The words you choose every day add up. You are the words you speak, whether that’s constructive or destructive.”

This book is so quote worthy like omg I lo
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
4,5 stars

OK it's official I'm launching the new trend: panda eyes!

THIS WAS ME MOST OF THE TIME:  photo crying puppy_zpsmiluynuc.jpg

What is it with the books I've read these last days? I’m always ending a sobbing mess with mascara running on my cheeks and nose as red as a clown’s!

This book was recommended by a very good Goodreads friend thinking I could like it. And she was right!

Elin and Ty have been in love for a long time now. They are married but a tragedy hit Ty and he fled his home. Now he is back and wants to win Elin onc
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 ★'s

Another emotional book that caught my eye and I thought the title was really catchy. I've never read Adriana Locke before but was willing to give her a try.

Tyler and Elin are high school sweethearts. They get married and try to have kids but it's just not working out. There's a lot of stress and then Ty gets hurt at work and things escalate leading to her making ultimatums and him taking her up on them.

I liked the story but I did think some things were a little over the top and overly
1-Click Addict Support Group
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This. Book. Here!!!! I'm not sure if I will be able to do it justice with this review, but I will try.

Written in the Scars was such an emotional story of finding the one you are meant to be with. The one that completes you in every possible way. The one that you see yourself with until the end of time. Elin & Ty had that love, yet something happened that caused them to lose sight of the beauty their marriage brought. They could only see the ugly.

To see the pain and hurt Ty and Elin were goi
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, read-in-2016, romance
***** 4 Stars *****

"Scars stick around to prove you showed up for life. That you lived. That you fought. That you loved."

Written in the Scars is a wonderful realistic romance that will touch your heart. Elin and Ty struggle with a lot of things normal relationships go through.

Finances, secrets, family, and physical challenges.

As a married woman, there were moments where I could seriously relate with Elin.

I loved the story and loved the characters. I can't wait to read more by Adriana Locke.

description
  • Sweet Cheeks
  • STONED (Wrecked #1)
  • Neighbor Dearest
  • Lost in the Affair
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • Acting Out (Shattered Hearts, #8)
  • After You (Second Chances #3)
  • Hook (Duplicity Duet, #1)
  • Indefinite
  • After Tomorrow (One Day Soon, #1.5)
  • Born Sinner (Se7en Sinners, #1)
  • Chandler (Fixed, #5)
  • Off Limits
  • No Pants Required
  • Wild Heart (Viper's Heart, #2)
  • Forget You, Ethan (Forget You Ethan, #1)
  • Quiver (Quake, #2)
USA Today and Amazon Top 10 Bestselling author Adriana Locke lives and breathes books. After years of slightly obsessive relationships with the flawed bad boys created by other authors, Adriana has created her own.

She resides in the Midwest with her husband, sons, and two dogs. She spends a large amount of time playing with her kids, drinking coffee, and cooking. You can find her outside if the we

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
  • The Boy I Hate
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Every Little Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Girls of Mischief Bay (Mischief Bay, #1)
  • Happy All the Time
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Devil's Cut (The Bourbon Kings, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Atheists Who Kneel and Pray
  • Hold On My Heart
    $4.49 $0.99
“You can’t expect a relationship to succeed based on the love you felt at the beginning. It succeeds because you continue to build on it until the end.” 10 likes
“Bruises go away, Tyler. Scars stick around to prove you showed up for life. That you lived. That you fought. That you loved.” 8 likes