Start by marking “Time of Death (A Stillwater General Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Time of Death (A Stillwater General Mystery #1)

Time of Death

(A Stillwater General Mystery #1)

It’s been twelve years since ER nurse Frankie Stapleton fled the quiet banks of Stillwater, but with her sister’s pregnancy taking a dangerous turn and a string of failed relationships in Chicago hanging over her, Frankie is back–and hoping to put the past behind her. Within minutes of arriving at Stillwater General Hospital however, she ends up saving a man’s life, only t ...more
Published December 13th 2016 by Crooked Lane Books

To ask other readers questions about Time of Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time of Death

Chelsea Humphrey
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a fun little mystery! I'm so glad the cover called out to me initially; I'd hate to know I'd overlooked such a delightful read. I'm hesitant to call this a cozy, but it does have that feel mixed with a tinge of romantic suspense (in the smallest way possible).

The author did a fantastic job of drawing me in with the setting. I loved getting lost in the quaint town of Stillwater and it was such a pleasure falling into a medical themed mystery after not reading one in such a long time. The my
James
Why This Book
I've read several books published by Crooked Lane, which led to chatting with their marketing department a few times. I was offered an opportunity to read the second book in this series, but since I'm a bit too Type-A, I had to go back and read the first book. It's a great publisher, I love book series and the plot sounded interesting. I am clearing ARCs by 12/31 so I have a blank reading slate in 2018. I jumped on this one over the weekend in preparation for reading the second
Louise Wilson
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
ER Nurse Frankie Stapleton returns to Stillwater after 12 years to help assist the medical care of her sister whose pregnancy has taken a dangerous turn.

A few minutes after arriving at Stillwater General Hospital she saves a man's life. Later on the man dies and Frankie is blamed for his death. Frankie's instincts tell her that Clem Jensen did not die of natural causes. As Frankie tries to discover the truth she finds there are many suspects. Will Frankie unravel the truth? Will she still have h
Ellie Oberth
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great story. This book was entertaining. The mystery was well thought out and the characters were interesting. What a fun read.
Tessa
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Exciting, authentic, addictive! I absolutely loved this debut and can't wait to read more about Frankie and her small-town sleuthing.
Rissa
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it

I felt like i was reading an episode of Greys anatomy meets how to get away with murder meets any cop show ever. All the drama, doctors and disasters.

It was wonderful! And kept me guessing till the end.
Pamela
May 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
Kathy Spencer
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
excellent I read it in one afternoon.. can't wait for the next one..
Jeanne Adamek
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the story. This was a quick and easy read and I would recommend it to anyone who likes mysteries. I am planning on reading the next book in this series.
Michelle (FabBookReviews)

Lucy Kerr, pen name of YA novelist Erica O'Rourke, debuts on the adult fiction scene with the mystery Time of Death. The first entry in the Stillwater General mystery series Time of Death reads like a most intriguing mash-up of the TV shows ER and Hart of Dixie (with a dash of St. Elsewhere for good measure)...think a mixture of suspense, real-life medical drama, and small-town secrets. With sharp and astute ER nurse Frankie Stapleton as our narrator and protagonist, readers are taken into the w
Kathy Martin
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Frankie Stapleton has come back to her hometown after twelve years as an ER nurse in Chicago. She wouldn't be back at all except that her sister Charlie needs her because of her high risk pregnancy. When Frankie first arrives at the hospital to see her sister, she spots a man sitting on a bench outside the ER in some distress. The ER is already preoccupied with a school bus crash which leaves Frankie to treat the man until she can attract someone's attention in the ER.

Once she gets help for Clem
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thank you NetGalley for the copy of Time of Death by Lucy Kerr that I was able to read and review.
This was the first book in a new series that I found pretty good and interesting and if the rest of the books are as good as this book this series will be a good series to read.
Frankie is a nurse who goes home after being away for a long time to help her sister who is having a difficult pregnancy. While she is walking into the hospital to go see her sister she finds a man sitting on a bench who is h
Holly's Little Book Reviews
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a wonderfully perfect cozy read! I was thrilled when I found out one of my favorite YA authors, Erica O'Rourke, was taking on a new project of writing adult mysteries under the pen name Lucy Kerr. Time of Death is the perfect amount of who-dunnit meets small town family drama. I loved Frankie's strong, independent character and am excited that Time of Death is the first in a series so I can see her character and the hospital drama unfold through multiple storylines!

Highly recommend this boo
Salliewt
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Excellent medical mystery with very believable characters.
Loretta Nyhan
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fantastic--a page-turner!
Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)
Initial Impressions 5/28/19: I'm so glad I finally read this book! It was a fun mystery that had more of a contemporary focus than a lot of mystery/thrillers do. The main character is back in town to help her family and runs into her old first-love/ex-fiance so there's a lot of family stuff going on as well as a little hint of a potential romance. I love how the romance wasn't rushed and there's still plenty of time to explore that option in the rest of the series!

The mystery was also really we
Kathy
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.

Time of Death by Lucy Kerr is a perplexing mystery with a refreshing and unexpected setting and a multi-layered protagonist. This first installment in the Stillwater General Mystery series is a fast-paced and engrossing novel that fans of the genre do not want to miss!

Emergency room nurse Frankie Stapleton's return to her small hometown is already fraught with tension as she deals with her complicated relationship with her family. The last thing she needs after her sister, Charlie, del
Amy Thorleifson
Feb 12, 2017 rated it liked it
A promising debut featuring ER nurse Frankie, who is back in her old home town only to help her pregnant sister. Broken engagements behind her, Frankie assists an older man into the ER only to have her Good Samaritan deed backfire. When Clem dies, Frankie is blamed for the death. Of course our heroine must investigate what only appeared to be a heart attack. With little assistance from her former boyfriend Noah, now a policeman, Frankie succeeds in upsetting the hospital administrator, her famil ...more
Nancy Barber
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good start to what I hope will be a long series. Frankie, an ER nurse who has been working in a busy Chicago hospital, is forced to return to her small hometown to help her sister who's pregnancy is at risk. Frankie reluctantly returns after having left her family and her ex-fiancé less than gracefully years earlier. From the first moment she arrives, she gets into trouble and has to struggle to resolve a murder and the family issues she left behind years ago. Written with humor and including a ...more
Kathryn Keen
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book! I won it a few months ago and just got around to reading it. The reading is quick and concise, easy to read, but still thrilling! I was on the edge of my seat numerous times throughout my reading. The story brings family, old love, and mystery together in one seamless story! Great read and loved the twist ;) Definitely recommend to anyone that likes reading at all, even if you don't generally go for mysteries.
Melissa Cohee
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this cute mystery. It had enough suspense to keep me reading almost to the point of not wanting to put it down. Didn't realize it was a series until I finished. It must say I'm looking forward to the next one. I love the main character's strength and need for a rush. This was very entertaining. Would recommend it.
Makenna
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This mystery thriller has kept my attention until the end. Lucy Kerr has made the details and characters of this book so realistic, that I felt as if I was part of the story itself. I recommend this book to anyone who loves small town mysteries.
Katie
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this mystery. Coming from the viewpoint of a nurse, it throws in scientific jargon (my bread and butter) so that made me happy. Perfect beach read. I can't wait to read more in the series.
Susan
May 06, 2017 rated it liked it
There were times when I wanted to scream at the protagonist for her senseless actions, but notwithstanding that, I liked the book. I'm just sorry it's the first in a series, because now I have to wait a year for the next one.
Jessica
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As an ICU nurse I loved this story of an ER nurse going back to her home town to find herself elbow deep in murder mystery!!! Great read!
Robbrandow
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
i enjoyed the book very much.it sort of read like a hallmark mystery movie.
Melissa
Jul 30, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5. I will definitely be on the lookout for the next book in this series.
Jonathan
Excellent mystery debut. I didn't like Noah or Charlie during parts of it, but overall this was wonderful. Recommend!
Kathy
Aug 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Requires enormous suspension of disbelief, but if one is willing, it's an enjoyable read.
Nancyduffy13
Aug 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the book- easy to follow. Very predictable about what course the nurse would take and after several missed attempts, would finally solve the mystery of Clem's death.

• Murder on Bamboo Lane (An Officer Ellie Rush Mystery #1)
  • More Than Sorrow
  • True Happiness [With 1 Card]
  • Bibliomysteries: Stories of Crime in the World of Books and Bookstores
  • The Long Count (John Q, #1)
  • Dyeing Up Loose Ends (A Knitting Mystery #16)
  • Silent City (A Claire Codella Mystery, #1)
  • American Music
  • Dead Ex
  • Killing in C Sharp (Gethsemane Brown Mysteries #3)
  • Salt Lane (DS Alexandra Cupidi #1)
  • Death in the Abstract (Katherine Sullivan Mysteries, #2)
  • By Stone, by Blade, by Fire (Barbara Holloway, #13)
  • Cat Pay the Devil (Joe Grey, #12)
  • Murder at the House of Rooster Happiness (Ethical Chiang Mai Detective Agency #1)
  • Self-Reg: How to Help Your Child (and You) Break the Stress Cycle and Successfully Engage with Life
  • A Study in Treason (The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Mysteries #2)

A Stillwater General Mystery (2 books)
  • No One Can Know (A Stillwater General Mystery #2)