Start by marking “Eat Like a Gilmore: The Unofficial Cookbook for Fans of Gilmore Girls” as Want to Read:
Eat Like a Gilmore: The Unofficial Cookbook for Fans of Gilmore Girls

Eat Like a Gilmore: The Unofficial Cookbook for Fans of Gilmore Girls

The infamous appetites of the Gilmore Girls are given their due in this fun, unofficial cookbook inspired by the show. Fans will eat up the delicious recipes honoring the chefs who fuel the science-defying metabolisms of Lorelai and Rory Gilmore. Whether you’re a diehard fan or new to the scene, author Kristi Carlson invites you to pull up a chair and dig in. Luke’s diner ...more
Published October 25th 2016 by Skyhorse

To ask other readers questions about Eat Like a Gilmore, please sign up.
Rachel Yes! It had a smoky heat from the chipotle pepper, but it wasn't unbearable. Very enjoyable.

Dawnie
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
I LOVE gilmore girls!
I LOVE cooking and baking!
I LOVE making recipes inspired by this show because why the heck not? What better is there than to mix two fantastic things and get something that tastes fantastic out of it?

So of course i had to get my hands on this book!

Lets start with the negative since that is why you are even looking at this review after seeing the rating (Lets be real here!)

- excuse me i do not need a recipe book with 10+ pages full of COFFEE MAKING RECIPES!
I get it. Its
Melissa
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks, nonfiction
This cookbook is fabulous! They covered the most important recipes from the show. The recipes are varied in difficulty and style and look delicious. I can't wait to try them out! There are several souls and stews that look great for this winter. Plus, who doesn't want to try Patty's founders day punch?! So happy I bought this cookbook! A definite must for Gilmore Girl fans everywhere!
Lauredhel
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks, nonfiction
This is actually pretty much a perfect first cookbook for my teenage son. Everything from french toast and spaghetti and meatballs and various pestos, through to more complicated/fancy dishes. And the Gilmore Girls link means that he's interested/motivated in the book and its recipes.
Kimberly
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, cookbooks, favorites
Fantastic homage to the show. Every recipe has a little description about the episode that it came from, and it will surely take you back. The recipes range from the high-brow meals at Emily's House, to the comfort of Luke's Diner, to the accomplishment of Sookie's cooking. You'll be hard-pressed to think of a food or drink that made an appearance or had a reference on the show that's not in this book. Some examples:

* Emily's Salmon Puffs that she serves at so many functions
* Sookie's Ratatouill
Katharama
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Can't wait to try out some of these recipes. I may need to make a batch of muffins just so I have a reason to make the muffin bottom pudding pie. Also, the mac & cheese recipe sounds like heaven on a plate.
Nicole
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
I really want to buy this book. It has so many easy recipes (including drinks) that I will want to make again and again.
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I checked this out as a library book and to be honest, I really now want (or even need!) a copy of my own! This book has great recipes and even tells you what episode of Gilmore Girls it comes from. I love how this book also has pictures of the foods that accompany the recipes. I think any Gilmore Girls diehard fan needs this book. Seeing how Gilmore Girls always makes me hungry (Luke's fries and burgers especially does it for me), I can now eat like a Gilmore all thanks to this book.
Maggie
Will I ever make anything out of this? Unlikely.

Is it amusing? Yes.

Particularly amusing/annoying - two different cookie recipes in which add-ins are to be pushed into the hot cookies as they come out of the oven (chocolate chips in one case, mini marshmallows in the other).

Do I need to own two copies? No, but I gave one to my daughter for Christmas, and she gave one to me.
Cat Kwiatkowski
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a charming, relate-able, easy to read and entertaining cookbook. Pull this up to learn how to make fancy coffee drinks with ease, make a muffin-bottom pie, or just relax and pretend that you are in Stars Hollow.
Jennie
This was cute! If I was big into baking, I think I would've loved it. I did note a few of the recipes to try, but not enough to warrant owning this. Still worth a read for GG fans!
Rhiannon Johnson
Aug 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Scanning through upcoming titles I found out that "Eat Like a Gilmore: Daily Cravings: The 2nd Unofficial Cookbook for Fans of Gilmore Girls" is releasing on November 6, 2018 from Skyhorse Publishing. This lead me to ponder...where's the 1st one? Well, I must have missed the commotion that was likely surrounding "Eat Like a Gilmore: The Unofficial Cookbook for Fans of Gilmore Girls" by Kristi Carlson when it released October 25, 2016. But my library had a copy and I thought I'd check it out (... ...more
Shauna
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love Gilmore Girls and I love food, so this is perfect for me. Gilmore Girls and the foods featured in any episode have given me many cravings throughout the years. And now I can actually fulfill those cravings. I've made a few things from the cookbook so far:

-hot chocolate: this recipe made the second-best hot chocolate I've had (second only to the hot chocolate I had in Paris, and even then it's almost a tie). It's very creamy and rich.
-orange-glazed muffins: these were good but nothing spec
Julissa
Apr 20, 2017 marked it as to-read
Can't wait to get my hands on it!!!
Vicki
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
So many people I know watched and loved Gilmore Girls. I didn’t. Even after all the years since the series ended in 2007, they still gush about it. I kept thinking I’d watch and see what all the hoopla was about and finally decided it was time. So after waiting and waiting for all my shows to come back on, I started GG right before they started. Yea, I know. Anyway…

OH MAH GERSH!

From the first episode, I was hooked! So much so that I didn’t watch anything else until I had watched all 7 seasons, a
Leah Compston
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
To be fair, I haven't actually tried any of the recipes in here yet. :) I found this book thoroughly enjoyable just to look through. True Gilmore Girls fans will appreciate all the references put into the photographs in this book. For example, the gorilla mask and blind-fold in the background of one photograph, or the cotillion gloves and fan in the photo with the chai latte ('pretty sure that's not a cinnamon stick'). They even got the right tablecloth for recipes Luke cooks in his apartment (c ...more
Sandra
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
If you are a fan of The Gilmore Girls, then you will love this cookbook. The recipes are fantastic and I love the commentary and the glimpses back to the show and the reasons for the inclusion of each recipe. Nothing seems too difficult although some are more basic than others. Can't wait to try more of them.
Amanda Carr
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun book for die hard Gilmore Girls fans! Each recipe references a scene or memory from the show in which the dish was mentioned; recipes come from chefs/bakers who collaborated on the book. Fun, lite reading, and a walk down Gilmore Girl memory lane.
Krissy
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This cookbook is a great tribute to the show. I love the photos as well as the blurbs written about each recipe along with the show tie-in. There are so many recipes I will be trying from this book. I may also be watching the show while enjoying some of them!
Mary Hernandez
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
best fan cookbook ever! I'm going to make so many dishes from this one.
Jeanette
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This isn't just a cookbook. The author has a story to tell with each recipe. Best recipe is the Bundt Cakes
Natelle
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
How does one read a cookbook? Since this book was written for fans by fans, it had quite a bit of introduction of the chefs and taste testers and explanations of how and why each recipe was chosen. I read through all of that information to get a feel for the book and skimmed the recipes to decide which ones I plan to try. Since I fail the Gilmore test by not being an aficionado of coffee or alcoholic beverages, the generous amount of recipes using these ingredients are mostly lost on me, though ...more
Shannon
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
To Read: Yes, if you are a Gilmore Girls fan. Each recipe description includes a reference to a story on the TV show. Even if you don’t cook, you will enjoy these descriptions. If you are not a Gilmore Girls fan, you can probably skip it. There is not a lot of additional food or cooking content in the book, except in the cake section where there are some decorating tips.

To Look At: Sure. Each recipe has a photo, and they are well-done. But there is not a lot new here unless you want to see what
Kristen
Mar 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I love the anecdotes and nods to the show, and I can’t think of a better way to make the characters come alive than to make their food, and I’m really excited to try some of the recipes, especially the peach sauce. Yum! I just was a bit let down by the book in general. One of my favorite things about a cookbook is the photography, and the photos in this book were no good, and the borders around the pictures were distracting and busy.
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
As both a Gilmore Girl fan and a lover of cookbooks, I can say this is only average. In fact, I quit reading it for over a year before forcing myself to finish it. Nothing spectacular. Trivia for each recipe as well as a photo. Edited to reduce my rating because I was reminded from other reviews the horrible section of alcoholic drink recipes. Quite honestly, I felt kinda ripped off with the price of this book because it didn't deliver what it promised.
Gabby
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This cookbook is lovely. Really brings the show back for me. Majority of the recipes aren't too difficult if your not much of a cook. There are pictures for every recipe so you know what they look like and things can be substituted for healthier options if that's your taste. So much detail and love was put into this cookbook and it shows. Can't wait to make so many things from here!
Lola
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
My mom and I are huge Gilmore Girl fans. I've loved the show since middle school, and my mom got into it when it came on Netflix. I got her this cookbook for Mother's Day, and we both enjoyed reading it and recognizing food from the shows. Neither of us are huge cooks, but I plan on attempting a few of the recipes with friends while watching Gilmore Girls. This is the perfect gift for a Gilmore Girls fan!
Furrawn
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This cookbook is a lot of fun if you're a fan of the tv show (And I am!). The recipes are simple which can be a huge relief sometimes. The open-faced turkey sandwich is delicious. The bananas foster French toast is on my list to try.
Sammie
Jul 05, 2017 rated it liked it
High novelty factor. Not really any recipes I want to make in it.
Amber
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a fun look back at the show and its crazy events. Very nicely put together and had some scrumptious recipes.
Eniko Rozsa
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun cookbook GG style. How likely to use the recipes? Ummm not very. They are fun to read though. Definitely are reminding me of the show.
  • Breakfast for Dinner: Recipes for Frittata Florentine, Huevos Rancheros, Sunny-Side-Up Burgers, and More!
  • Real Snacks: Make Your Favorite Childhood Treats Without All the Junk
  • Pull Up a Chair: Recipes from My Family to Yours
  • Tiny Food Party!: Bite-Size Recipes for Miniature Meals
  • Lidia's Italy in America
  • The Mexican Slow Cooker: Recipes for Mole, Enchiladas, Carnitas, Chile Verde Pork, and More Favorites
  • Grilled Cheese Kitchen: Bread + Cheese + Everything in Between
  • The New Indian Slow Cooker: Recipes for Curries, Dals, Chutneys, Masalas, Biryani, and More
  • Weelicious: 140 Fast, Fresh, and Easy Recipes
  • Celebrate Every Season with Six Sisters' Stuff: 150+ Recipes, Traditions, and Fun Ideas for Each Month of the Year
  • The Gilmore Girls Companion
  • More Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: A Drop-Top Culinary Cruise Through America's Finest and Funkiest Joints
  • Cook It in Cast Iron: Kitchen-Tested Recipes for the One Pan That Does It All (Cook's Country)
  • Gluten-Free on a Shoestring, Quick and Easy: 100 Recipes for the Food You Love--Fast!
  • Best Lunch Box Ever: Ideas and Recipes for School Lunches Kids Will Love
  • Beating the Lunch Box Blues: Fresh Ideas for Lunches on the Go!
  • Cooking with My Sisters: One Hundred Years of Family Recipes, from Bari to Big Stone Gap
  • The Little Book of Lunch