Start by marking “The Witch's Kiss (The Witch's Kiss, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Witch's Kiss (The Witch's Kiss, #1)

The Witch's Kiss

(The Witch's Kiss #1)

Sixteeen-year-old Meredith is fed-up with her feuding family and feeling invisible at school – not to mention the witch magic that shoots out of her fingernails when she’s stressed. Then sweet, sensitive Jack comes into her life and she falls for him hard. The only problem is that he is periodically possessed by a destructive centuries-old curse. Meredith has lost her hear ...more
Published June 30th 2016 by HarperCollins (first published June 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Witch's Kiss, please sign up.
Phoeebsta
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This question contains spoilers... (view spoiler)
Phoeebsta It's a lovely book that I would recommend. Thought you do have to read quite far into the book if your looking for a more action type book but until t…moreIt's a lovely book that I would recommend. Thought you do have to read quite far into the book if your looking for a more action type book but until that point, there is some suspense to keep you invested in the book.
Its definitely a good read.(less)

Start your review of The Witch's Kiss (The Witch's Kiss, #1)
Ben Alderson
Jul 20, 2016 rated it liked it
MEH.

Seeing Witch in the title i had high hopes. Its a interesting concept. A sleeping beauty retelling in a way, but switched..

I liked Leo, part of me wishes he got a better part in the book. He was my favourite part of the whole novel. AND THE GRAN OMG SHE WAS LIFE!
Sarah Elizabeth
“The boy is the prince. His name is Jack. In many ways, he is the victim of the story. He is also the monster.”

This was a YA paranormal story about a curse that only one girl could break.

Merry was an okay character and it was brave of her to try and break the curse, even though she didn’t believe her witchcraft was strong enough to do it.

The storyline in this was about an old curse created by a wizard called Gwydion, which was causing people to turn up dead at the hands of an immorta
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
Four Reasons to Read The Witch’s Kiss

1. It’ll make you Google Anglo-Saxon swords.

Medieval, renaissance, Victorian, Elizabethan… all these periods that fill the fantasy landscape, but I can think of none that cover the Anglo-Saxon period! I don’t know a lot about English history, to be fair, but I spoke to other people at the launch party, and they agreed that few books (especially YA fantasies) talk about the period.

Quick history lesson: The Anglo-Saxon period ran from around 450 to 1066 AD in G
rachel ☾
Sep 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star, fantasy, rep-queer
#2) The Witch's Tears ★☆☆☆☆

• Unrealistic romance. It was not quite instalove but it was still rushed. Merry and Jack did not have any connection. They barely knew each other before they started to randomly make out, let alone before they were supposed to be in love. Jack barely knew himself.

• There was no real plot. I was underwhelmed by the witch lore but the fact that the story basically consisted of Merry sitting around or waiting for something to happen did not excite me. It was boring.

• The
Becky
Dec 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
This book was OK - it was an interesting premise but I don’t feel it used all of its potential.
I did enjoy it and the story, I just had a few problems with the actual pacing of the book - it felt kind of choppy between scenes, like there wasn’t a flow between events it was more like oh we’re here doing this and then next minute they’re elsewhere doing something completely different.
I didn’t really fall into the emotions of the book either - the last stand wasn’t really epic, it could have been b
Odette Brethouwer
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, inbezit
So, this is one of the books I've read as a manuscript for the Dutch publisher BlossomBooks, to see if it was something to translate and publish. I love this book, so I've campainged a bit for it, but the decision has been made that they will not publish it :( But, not my job, not my call :P But I'm only reviewing it now, when it is published, because that was the deal with BB. (So, 2 more manuscript-reviews will follow, some will take a long time, but they will come. Hold on.)

I knew this book w
Victoria ♡
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating 4.5

I loved this so much oh myyyy. I bought it simply for the cover and I'm not disappointed at all!

Almost a 5* but not quite as like 80% was build up (not that I didn't enjoy it!) and the other 20% was the ~battle~.

I loved Jack a lot though and the overall characters were so likeable, I cared so much about them! (I've been having issues with caring about characters at all lately :#)

After that ending I have no idea what's going to happen in book 2 but I own it so I can find out so
Patty (IheartYA311)
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun and unique. It held my attention and didn't seem to slow down. I wonder what the second book is about. ...more
Norah Una Sumner
description

Ah, I really wished I liked The Witch's Kiss more - it had a great premise and a lot of potential but I, unfortunately, couldn't connect with the main character at all and found myself wanting to slap her every now and then. The supporting characters were the best part of this book - Grandma and Leo were such phenomenal characters and I definitely think Leo deserves better. *cries* The writing itself was actually good but the pace of the story was a bit odd - at times it was really slow and at
Maud
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dropped-series
I got an arc from the publisher in exchange for my honest review, all opinions are my own.

I like the villain/victim plot, it had traces of a fairy tale and felt original. It totally intrigued me and I loved the backstory of it though it was also revealed for a big part at the very beginning of the novel. But the current day chapters didn't interest me as much. It felt a bit repetitive after a while, things didn't really move forward.

Another thing that I thought moved in circles were the reaction
Maddie
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
A great mix of classic fairy tale plot points, original mystery and heroism! Merry was a great main character with moral insecurities relating to her witch-y powers that made her feel so real. I really loved how the legend was woven in the contemporary world...now I can't wait for the sequel! ...more
Siobhan
I’m a big fan of fairy-tale retellings. I was tentative about the notion to begin with, unsure whether I would be able to get into such things considering how I would know the endings beforehand, yet I have quickly found myself addicted to such books. Whenever I find out something is a fairy-tale retelling, I find myself a little bit more eager to read the story. Thus, when I found out The Witch’s Kiss was a Sleeping Beauty retelling with a twist I knew I needed to get in there.

I would have bee
Dark Sith Lordette Jennymort ♔
description

**ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review**

*3 stars For only 5 chapters.....

So I didn't realize when I got this that it was only the first 5 chapters of the story. Damnit. Now that explains why I thought this story was lame in the fact the book ended like that.

Jokes on me.
Hah.

I'll review it better when I actually get the whole damn book. Though I will admit to liking the whole Anglo Saxons dealio going on. *shrugs*
J.A. Ironside
ARC copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

It was really nice to read a distinctly British female protagonist in a YA fantasy/ paranormal novel. Merry reads like a real teenager too - making mistakes, doing the wrong thing, drinking tea! She was very relatable and a great reluctant hero. The story was just intricate enough and refreshingly drew on Anglo-Saxon history - which is often left alone or neglected, but which as a culture was light years ahead of a lot of the rest of
Kirsty Stanley
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
Really enjoyed this and it ended with the magic words. Look out for the sequel. Can def be read as a stand alone though.
Nicola
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
This book was fantastic! I went into this read knowing anything prior about the authors, having read none of their literary works before and reading no reviews; I went into this book completely blind and not knowing what to expect. I was in for a treat!

I enjoyed every page of this book and followed the story eagerly throughout. I quickly grew attached to the characters of Merry and Leo and really enjoyed reading about the back story of Jack and the history of the witches. I loved the plot and t
Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer*
“Witches do not kneel. They do not grovel. They do not beg gavours from any creature, mortal or immortal. At most they bargain.”

Katharine and Elizabeth Corr's writing style has a wonderful flow, which makes it easy to follow the story. However, I wasn't feeling it. But it really is a great story.

Jodie "Bookish"  Cook
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, reviewed
Book Review
Title: The Witch's Kiss
Author: Katharine Corr & Elizabeth Corr
Genre: YA/Fantasy/Paranormal
Rating: *****
Review: The opening chapter of the Witch’s Kiss was great we meet Meredith a witch who pledges that for the rest of her life and the rest of descendants lives they will try and find a way to destroy Gwydion and all traces of his magic. We then meet Merry, whose name is Meredith, she knows she is a witch but isn’t allowed to practice magic due to her mother’s paranoia about it but wh
Diabolica
Jul 27, 2017 rated it liked it
3 stars. Liked but couldn't love.

Though this was a retelling of sleeping beauty, for some reason I couldn't tell the parallels. Perhaps, I'm not too familiar with the tale. Either way, what really made me pick up the book was the cover of the second book, after which I looked for the first novel. The cover of which I can say is not too shabby.

The whole premise to the novel felt like deja-vu, and I'm sure I've read a novel with the same plot, but I still liked it nonetheless. While I wasn't muc
Kirsty ❤️
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I was given the first 100 or so pages of this ARC free from netgalley and really wish I'd have the full book as I finished it in just over an hour and absolutely loved it. A history of witches, a fairy tale 1500 year old curse - what's not to love. Will be going out and buying the book so I can find out the answers to all the questions these pages raised ...more
Yomna
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, arcs
WOW! Loved this book!

Full review on my blog: http://srishtiandyomna.blogspot.com/2...
Joanne
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: september-2018
I really enjoyed this fairy tale-like story of a girl who is a witch, but set in the modern day. It was so page-turning and I loved all of the characters - Merry and Leo are the cutest siblings! I loved their relationship and how much Leo cared for his sister, one of the best bits about this book (well, all of it was the best bit).

There are flashbacks and stories passed on over Merry's ancestors that gave this book a real fairy tale feel, as we discover Merry has to defeat an ancient curse as th
Moony MeowPoff
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
The conecpt seemed very intersting and promising, and i really liked the blurb. But idk, it was meh overall? i didn`t like Merry so much, she said some good things but that was about it. Her Gran and brother were very likable and nice! But i wasn`t too fan of this retelling, sadly. ...more
Girlwithapen93
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Shelves: read-in-2016
EVERYONE READ THIS BOOK NOW!
Wow! What can I say other that WOW to describe this book?
So let me give you some background about this book. First of all there are witches in this book. Not scary-going to scary your children type of witches, but rather, I-wish-I-was-a-witch-this-is-so-cool type of witch. There is also a great love story in this book.
Meet Merry, short for Meredith, who just like the rest of us during high school, is trying to be normal and get through the day. Leo, is her beloved ol
Layla (Between the Lines)

I received a digital copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

The Witch's Kiss took a while to grip me. And just when things were getting good, the story ended. Just like that.

It took me a solid thirty minutes to realize that I wasn't given the entire book. I sat here for what felt like ages wondering why someone would end a story in a spo
☆Stephanie☆
Title: The Witch’s Kiss (The Witch’s Kiss #1)
Author(s): Katharine Corr, Elizabeth Corr
Publisher: Harpercollins Children’s, 2017 (Sept 19)
Genre: YA Fantasy

**I received a copy of this book from the author and my review is in no way affected or influenced by receipt of this book**

(Apparently Amazon is removing all reviews with the words “in exchange for” so I have had to modify my disclosure statement so my reviews don’t all get pulled)

My Review:

Oh, how I wanted to love this book. It makes me very
Chloe Hollis
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wobble
It was a great read but I just wanna know if Merry broke the curse or not.
Jennie
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
It had so much potential but let itself down by not going into enough depth. The author gave some information but missed out others and there could have been more of a back story.
Amy
Apr 05, 2020 added it
So I loved this.

I'm kind of annoyed at myself because I have followed Katharine and Elizabeth for the longest time on Twitter and have wanted to read this book for the same amount of time and of course I loved it.

Also side-note, I started playing the audiobook this morning and only after a couple of breaks and my phone dying I finally finished this in one day! I was not expecting that! (Also I really liked the narrator too!)

I loved everything about this book. I loved Merry who was a realistic

• Broken Sky (The Broken Trilogy, #1)
  • The Lost Witch
  • Pick Your Poison (Ruby Redfort, #5)
  • Princess at Heart (The Rosewood Chronicles #4)
  • We Jace you a Clary Xmas
  • Blink and You Die (Ruby Redfort #6)
  • Feel the Fear (Ruby Redfort #4)
  • Utterly Me, Clarice Bean
  • The Mystery of the Painted Dragon (The Sinclair’s Mysteries #3)
  • The Island
  • Catch Your Death (Ruby Redfort, #3)
  • Chasing the Stars
  • Dangerous
  • Rabbit & Robot
  • Bound by Vengeance (The Alliance, #2)
  • Frozen (Heart of Dread, #1)
  • Stolen (Heart of Dread, #2)
  • Golden (Heart of Dread, #3)
See top shelves…

The Witch's Kiss (3 books)
  • The Witch's Tears (The Witch's Kiss, #2)
  • The Witch’s Blood (The Witch’s Kiss, #3)

News & Interviews

“Once upon a time -- because that's how all the best stories start, even the ones that lead to death and darkness and unhappy ever after.” 7 likes
“Witches do not kneel. They do not grovel. They do not beg favours from any creature, mortal or immortal. At most they bargain.” 5 likes