Start by marking “The Gita Way- Secret Recipe to achieve the purpose of life” as Want to Read:
The Gita Way- Secret Recipe to achieve the purpose of life

Read Book* *Different edition

The Gita Way- Secret Recipe to achieve the purpose of life

'The Gita Way' is an irreligious take on the tenets of the Bhagavad Gita. Without delving into either mythological or God-centric discourse, the book attempts to understand and explain various insights from the Gita through, in the author's words, derived theory and application. The Gita Way attempts to shed light on matters of self-realisation, and identifying and followi ...more
Paperback, 1, 192 pages
Published April 2016 by General Press

Be the first to ask a question about The Gita Way- Secret Recipe to achieve the purpose of life

Start your review of The Gita Way- Secret Recipe to achieve the purpose of life
Falgun
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best book I've come across in a long time. That's saying a lot given what it has to compete with and given the times we live in, there can't be a better time for this book to get publish. This book is just awesome. It has some really spiritual parable to which we can easily correlate to. One of the best parts about this book is that just when you think it couldn't get any more entertaining or profound, it surprises you by being even more of both. Overall a great work and prese ...more
Akshita
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
One of the best read of recent time,its awesome ,really something new and creative writing,Must read in today's fast pace life...........
All the best for this new writer......
Tamanna
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I found this book extremely motivational. It provides solutions to everyday problems and guides a way in right direction. We can relate our daily life situations with Gita. Author has done wonderful job by explaining concept of “self-realisation” and making us understand purpose in life in Gita way.
This book has given me real insights on goal-setting, developing strength and finding the right way to make the right decisions. Wonderful book, must read. Highly recommended.
Divya Swamy
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Heard a lot about the Gita and its teachings but was always skeptical to start reading it. This particular book makes so much sense from the first ten pages that you are hooked. I read and then re read it again to see how all the teachings applied to real life.
Aug 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
The author may have intended to address a wide range of audience, some of whom may not be familiar with the basic tenets of Hindu philosophy.
Urvashi Tandon
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A very new and kind approach to Gita. I am glad that for the first time we aren't being religion-centric. I recommend it to all!
Suraj Patil
Aug 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
long story short: Don't read if you already appreciate Gita. This book is for those who have never read the original Gita.

After reading certain good books by Indian authors about Mahabharata, I thought this book would be as good. But it is not. For starters, Bhagwad Gita in it's original form is in no way a religious text, it is a purely philosophical work so there is no need for a non religious interpretation of Gita. Just stay clear of the religious translations of the epic. If you have read t
Saurabh
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent and mind blowing conversion of Gita

The book is very simple translation from Gita to practical implications of it in our real life. Both the authors have written in very nice and concious manner.
Manoj Saha
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good technical and non-religious explanation - a very good effort to explain the Gita Way.
Abin Sreenivasan
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book showing the value of some Gita quotes in present life.
bharat khanna
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

Good book for general information about gita, informative and logical. Nice for beginners about mythology and people interested about knowing gita.
Mjdrean
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh that I could practice this with regularity. It makes so much sense.
Arun Acharya
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not an average book that you can finish in a day or two. It is kind of working through the past and present. Analyze each chapter and follow what the author is trying to say, apply it to your life (try to relate to your material or spiritual life), and then move to next page/chapter.
A bit tough mental exercise, this is a good book where the author(s) present Gita in an unusual way so that even the people having no knowledge of the original can understand concepts of life.
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have not read any other version of the Bhagavad Gita. I picked up the current book on recommendation from my professor at IIM Bangalore. The author explains the deep philosophy of the Gita in lucid language.
Sahana
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
indeed thought provoking.. inspirational...of course it needs a re-reading to understand it's nuances..worth reading.a must read..the concept of explaining a holy book in an unspiritual way is worth laudable ...more
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Overall, this is a great first book to comprehend the involved Hindu philosophy narrated in the Bhagavad Gita.
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I refer to Bhagwad Gita whenever I am confused. I find this book holds true & teaches what can't be learnt through text books.
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I always liked the idea of performing and staying in present and then attaining nirvana, rather than leaving your role and responsibilities to reach the goal. The Gita explains just that.
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The author has taken the essential teachings of gita and explained them in simple terms...excellent for starters and for one to keep coming back to.
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Need for every one to read this Gita.
Lashawnda Bosh
Apr 29, 2021
Jimmie Pectol
Oct 03, 2020
Jaye Armagost
rated it did not like it
Sep 30, 2020
Merlene Nolle
Jun 06, 2021
Goodreads Authors...: Free E Book of The Gita Way 1 7 May 03, 2016 05:32AM

• Westwind Secrets
  • Letting Go of the Person You Used to Be: Lessons on Change, Loss, and Spiritual Transformation
  • The Teaching Of The Bhagavad Gita
  • The First and Last Freedom
  • Sabbath: Finding Rest, Renewal, and Delight in Our Busy Lives
  • Prayer: Finding the Heart's True Home
  • Deadly Recall (Jessie Cole, #2)
  • The Dalai Lama's Cat (The Dalai Lama's Cat, #1)
  • Of the Flame, Poems - Volume 15
  • Conversations With God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 2
  • Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft
  • The Last Lumenian
  • Hands of Light: A Guide to Healing Through the Human Energy Field
  • Appellate Judge: A Jack Ludefance Novel (Jack Ludefance PI Series)
  • Going Home: Jesus and Buddha as Brothers
  • Summer (Evermore Academy, #3)
  • Careful Little Eyes (Mary Mills Mystery #4)
  • A Thousand Mornings

News & Interviews

“As fire is covered by smoke, mirror by dust, and embryo by amnion, so is knowledge covered by desire.” 1 likes
“Gita mentions supreme goal of humankind is moksha, the realisation with supreme spirit. The Gita Way conceptually blends it to the supreme purpose of life. Hence, to stay on the path of the supreme goal, one has to behold supreme goal in heart and achieve the same by following means: 1. Mediation with a Sharp Intellect 2. Discipline of Knowledge 3. Discipline of Action (Karma Yoga)” 1 likes