Start by marking “Skye (The Dragon Kings, #4)” as Want to Read:
Skye (The Dragon Kings, #4)

Skye

(The Dragon Kings #4)

Rowan Winters is completely in love. With a shifter dragon.

But the drop-dead gorgeous Skye only thinks of Rowan as her best friend. But when she turns up in his room in the middle of the night in tears, he yearns to do whatever he can to help her. Even if that means running away and letting his family think he’s dead.

Skye’s entire world turns upside down the day her scales
Kindle Edition
Published October 2016

To ask other readers questions about Skye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skye

Start your review of Skye (The Dragon Kings, #4)
Fiona
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, arc, favorites
Well she has done it yet again. Kimberly Loth knows how to write books in ways that will keep you captivated from beginning to end.

I have read the previous 3 books, Obsidian, Aspen & Valentine, so have already fallen in love with the main characters. I guarantee you will want to read one after the after the other until you finish but be warned when you finish book 4, Skye, you need to be patient for book 5 (there has to be a book 5 right!!).

We certainly received a shock at the end of book 3, I n
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
I'll admit that this is the first story I read in the series. There was a lot of different characters that I know were from other books but I was still able to enjoy the story. I'll definitely be going back and reading the others to catch up on everything that I missed. The only thing I wished was that this book was longer I wanted more depth some of it felt rushed and left me wanting more. And then the ending! Ah! I need the next one now lol
I would recommend this book to paranormal romance love
Danny
Wow! This one was such a rush! And that prologue made the story even more interesting. I loved it.
After reading Hazel's book, about Rowan's disappearance, so much was clarified and all the questions were answered, at least about Skye and her secrets.
I absolutely loved to see Rowan improve and become such a powerful and strong male. He deserved it!
This book had all kinds of suspense and activities, it was awesome! Also, I love how fast-paced it is, it's never a dull moment.
I'm excited to read the
Barb
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, series, audio, fantasy
Personally I liked 1 and 4 the best. For whatever reason, Skye and Rowan went on my nerves. It was still a good book, and these 2 took an interesting turn with everything
Seraphia
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, arc-shelf, ya
Skye by Kimberly Loth is about the young woman named Skye who is going through some changes as she tries to decide to do with herself. She's changing but she doesn't know what it means or what to do. But what she does know is that these changes put her in some serious danger and not just her but her friend Rowan. This book starts off with her finding her friends so there is no question as to whether they are successful in doing so or not so the story back tracks to before to tell you how they ge ...more
Brittani
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Say whaaaaaaaaaaat?! I mean I KIND of guessed maybe this could happen..but I wasn’t for sure! And honestly, if I hadn’t already seen the cover I doubt it would have crossed my mind.

I feel like I can say more about this without fear of spoiling because this entire story takes place at the same time as Valentine just obviously some place else! I already mentioned how much I loved Rowan in past reviews for this series and I’m so so tickled that we get so much of him in Skye!

So many questions were a
Jennifer Feltz Milkowski
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don't know what to say.

I enjoyed the story of Rowan and Skye. I felt bad for Skye that she wanted to love Rowan, but wasn't able to. What she gave up to get over Sid was horrible, I understand why she did it, and it turned out fine at the end.

Rowan really grew in this book. He got over a lot of his fears and even when fearful he still pushed through to do what is better for everyone over all. (I can't wait for Hazel to kill a dragon and see how she reacts.)

I still wonder what it is that make
Alisha Thompson
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
🐲I purchased the box set via audible
🐲did the same review for each book
🐲fantasy romance
🐲YA
🐲 3.5 star rating

This is the first Kimberly Loth books I’ve read/listened to, I enjoyed the storyline very much.

Each book must be read in order, even though books 3 and 4 are based around the other Kings relationships with their romantic counterpart, as the story continues from the previous book.

Each relationship has its own trials and tribulations to overcome but in the mean time they are fighting a war w
Elyse
It is quite funny how this book starts with a spoiler: (view spoiler) Then goes with: let me tell you how it happens.

The story take place at the same time as the previous book. We follow Skye & Rowan. The love-sick puppy teenage boy decides to follow her without warning anybody. The dragon girl is being hunted because she has a loyalty seal with Obsidian.

The romance part was so cheesy, Skye spend ¾ of the book telling Rowan that she cannot lov
Holly Lenz
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Skye is a dragon shifter story with a twist- the dragon king is a... girl! This book is part of the four book Dragon Kings series, and while you could enjoy it independently, I recommend starting with the first book Obsidian. This is book four.

The story is pretty good overall. It is definitely aimed at YA audiences, though it will appeal to some adults as well. Some of the characters actions are questionable, but they are teens, so perhaps that is understandable.

Contains violence and mild sexual
Amanda Evans
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was heads and shoulders, knees and toes above valentine. The difference is laughable.

This story had a storyline and heart. The cliche was still there strong and at the forefront but that expected. It's the fact that the characters are actually acting as they should, the timeline was not all over the place and things made sense.

If I was talking to someone that was about to buy these books. I would ask them if they were sure and if they said yes I would let them know that the 3rd book does no
Stephen Dahlin
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dragons Part 4

Let me just say, I love Skye!!! This is the fourth part of the Dragon Book Series & tells the tale of what happened to Skye & Rowan. It takes place in the timeline @ the end of Aspen & through Valentine. It might be my favorite book in the series however I have not read the final edition yet. The author gives you all the missing pieces on both Skye & Rowan that started in both Obsidian & Aspens book. Highly recommend this series. Also who does not love freaking Dragons!!!!!
Sandra
Aug 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: own-it, ebooks
2.5 stars. Meh it was alright. Skye’s panicked flight and refusal to tell anyone what was going on was annoying as was Rowan’s magical transformation into badass dragon slayer from anxious nerd. I was fine with his gradual transition from working out and facing his fears, where it lost me was the magical dragon healing fire that miraculously cured all his problems – the wound, his bad eyesight and his anxiety. At least this time the relationship wasn’t insta-love. Skye and Rowan were actually fr ...more
Karen Nelson
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I very much am enjoying Kimberly Loth's Dragon Kings series, but I must say I did not enjoy Skye as much as the others. I think it is because I just did not click with the characters in this book as well as Valentine. Once I find characters that I like, it's hard for me to get involved with additional characters. Thus, my favorite characters are Obsidian and Aspen. These books are quick and enjoyable reads and is not difficult to finish a book in one day. If you like dragons and just a fun read, ...more
Meghan
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Skye and Rowan’s story rocked! It was great seeing what they went through and the why behind what they did. This prophecy is becoming more detailed and the flip on King is intriguing. I hope the next book explains how all queens are siblings bc that is neat but weird! Some lovely moments and sweet moments as well as some heartbreaking moments in this read as well, so be ready for an up and down adventure. Also, Runa is the VIP...she is awesome and I love the sass that she brings to the conversat ...more
shannonbookishlife
Jun 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
The storyline of this book is so compelling, it is full of action and drama, a asearch for the truth.It is based around Skye and Rowan and i really enjoyed getting to know them better, you see into them more making you understand who they are and their motive which is crucial to this storyline. There are secrets around every corner and you feel that the truth will be revealed any moment. This is a major page turner due to how this was written, the more i read of Kimberly Loth’s books the more i ...more
Nicole Chu
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For real?!?!?

I really should get use to these cliffhangers but nope!
Wow I love Rowan maybe better then Hazel. He is amazing! A boy with anxiety who was able to fall in love and slay dragons! As someone with anxiety who slays her own dragons this book was outstanding.
I cannot wait to read the conclusion as for once it shouldn’t be a cliffhanger.
I was unsure about Skye but in this book she totally redeemed herself
Heather
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Skye

I enjoyed this book more than the third but it still didn’t live up to books 1 & 2. I couldn’t believe how selfish and cowardly sky was. She seemed so loyal and strong in the beginning and then she just ran away from everything and didn’t even try to war the others about what she knew. While sky showed her weakness in this book Rowan really stepped up and showed his strengths. I hope the conclusion to the series does the first two books justice.
 BookwormMomma7
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Saga continues with Skye and Rowan, learning new things and trying to find out about the prophecy. This book is written as a flashback for most of it, it fills in the “gaps” from Valentine’s book and gives you an update to where everything stands. I was a little disappointed to see, the new king projected so weakly but I can see where there might be a change coming. These books have to be read in order, they are not stand alone, they build off of each other. Off to read book five.
Georgia
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yaaas!!

So glad I was finally able to get a peek into Skye and Rowan's minds. They are so cute together. Rowan is just as amazing as Aspen and he deserves someone who will love him back. Now that the kings are all together, the war is about to rage on. I hope that the stories about only one of the kings surviving isn't true because I'm fond of all of them. I was so happy that Runa got a little cameo. I love her so much. I cannot wait to see how this story ends.
Tammy Johnson-brazeau
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Skye is a great continuation in The Dragon Kings series, but not a stand alone story. Unlike me it's better to read the first three in series so your not lost. Skye has some really exciting, suspenseful parts to it., The romance was good as was the twist and turns Kimberly wrote. I really enjoyed the relationship between Skye and Rowen. The friendship they enjoyed kept this reader reading long into the night. This is a fast paced, very enjoyable story that leaves you definitely wanting more. It ...more
Chrystal
Jul 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Well this was much much better than the 3rd book by far. I still want to read more about Sid & Aspen though. Hopefully book 5 will be as great as books 1 & 2 because I definitely did not like 3. I was always very sad when the good dragons died. Loved how Rowan turned out to be quite a dragon slayer and a couple surprises about who you think your allies are but aren't. ...more
Isis Ray-sisco
Oct 17, 2016 rated it liked it
I debated on whether to give this one a 3 or 4 rating since there are no in between number ratings. I did enjoy the book and I would like to read the three previous installments in the Dragon Kings series. I liked the characters and the story was interesting. I liked Rowan because he was willing to do anything for the one he loved. I do think leaving his family and friends behind was a bit drastic but I would do the same for my loved ones. I liked Skye but felt she was a bit selfish for most of ...more
Angala Fox
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed this book. This was a great YA fantasy paranormal book with lots of suspense and action. I loved the characters and the story. I can't wait to read more. I definitely recommend this series to anyone who likes fantasy or paranormal books.
Rosa maness
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4:00 a.m and I can not get tp sleep I was so in to Skye good thing I am restaired so can sleepu

Until 12 noon very good book but then all kembell books I enjoy. At 84 my Kembell is one I can adjust the letters size love my kembell

Rosa

Paula
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loth-kimberly
Watching (well, really reading) the saga of the Dragons and Humans continue.

This book is the story of Skye and Rowan . . . the twists and turns make it VERY interesting to read. It also makes me more interesting in how Book #5 (Kings) is going to work out.
Brittany Rios
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting

The beginning was a bit slow. A lot of doubt and repetition. But once the book continues the plot unravels. With backstabbing and deaths. It’s easy to falling love with skye and now mr bad assery Rowan.
Wendy
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Dragon Kings

Love this series I simply can't put the books down until I get to the end , I'm about to start book 5 and the conclusion . I just know I'm heading for a massive book hangover .
Melissa Hayden
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really like that Kimberly has taken a different approach to each dragon's story of finding out about Kings and finding their love. The variety fits the dragons and the story of the dragon war approaching.

****FULL REVIEW TO FOLLOW****
Sharon Noble
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Skye is a coward & has decided to run away, she goes to a lake to have a drink when she she her reflection, she is no longer blue but black. She is the third king of the prophesy. She need to go & she her friend but wants to say goodbye to Rowen first, but he will not let her go on her own! ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Prophecy Accepted (Prime Prophecy #2)
  • Red the Were Hunter (Fairelle, #1)
  • The Lost Clan Trilogy
  • Lady of Madness & Moonlight (Rogue Ethereal #3)
  • Dragon Gods (Alveria Dragon Akademy's Untameables #2)
  • Betrothed to the Dragon (Lick of Fire: Dragon Lovers, #1)
  • Dragon Family (Alveria Dragon Akademy's Untameables #3)
  • Daughter of Souls & Silence (Rogue Ethereal #2)
  • The Empire of Empty Wars (The Serpents and Kings Trilogy #3)
  • Brand of Betrayal (Imdalind, #6)
  • Fae Trials (Royal Fae Academy #1)
  • Sister of Embers & Echoes (Rogue Ethereal Book 4)
  • Blood Hunt (Vampire Huntress Chronicles, #1)
  • Fallen Academy: Year Three (Fallen Academy #3)
  • The Dragon Throne (Alveria Dragon Akademy Book 3)
  • Fallen Academy: Year Four (Fallen Academy #4)
  • Shifted Soul (The Wolves of Forest Grove, #2)
  • Fae Games (Royal Fae Academy #2)
Kimberly Loth can’t decide where she wants to settle down. She’s lived in Michigan, Illinois, Missouri, Utah, California, Oregon, and South Carolina. She finally decided to make the leap and leave the U.S. behind for a few years. Currently, she lives in Cairo, Egypt with her husband and two kids.

She is a high school math teacher by day (please don’t hold that against her) and YA author by night.

The Dragon Kings (5 books)
  • Obsidian
  • Aspen (The Dragon Kings, #2)
  • Valentine (The Dragon Kings, #3)
  • The Kings (The Dragon Kings #5)