Start by marking “Por Impulso” as Want to Read:
Por Impulso

Por Impulso

Por una vez en su vida, Rebecca Malone había decidido seguir sus impulsos. Tras dejar su trabajo y vender todas sus pertenencias, partió hacia Grecia en busca de aventuras. Así pues, cuando un atractivo empresario local se prendó de ella, no puedo resistirse al deseo de hacerse pasar por una mujer sofisticada y viajera. Pero enamorarse de Stephen Nickodemus no entraba en s ...more
Published (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Por Impulso, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Por Impulso

Chitra *CJ*
"Impulse" is the short story of Rebecca and Stephan.
When Rebecca's only living relative dies without ever having "lived" her life, she decides to take an impromptu trip to Greece, liquifying all her assets.
It is there she meets the hotel owner Stephan, and the attraction is instantaneous.
Both cannot resist spending time together..but soon, their natures and truth intervenes.
I really loved the concept, but Stephan was too controlling and made me a little angry. Even though I love an angry possess
Lyndi W.
Okay, let me spoil this shit for you.

Meet Rebecca. Totally dependable, boring, 9-to-5 number cruncher Rebecca. She's never done anything impulsive, she's never even gotten a parking ticket. Rebecca's aunt, who was also totally dependable and boring, passes away just after retirement, when she was making plans to travel and do all the things she had been putting off her whole life. Which is when Rebecca realizes that she's on the same path as dear auntie. So she quits her job, sells every single
Zaskya Benítez
Aug 30, 2018 rated it did not like it
1,5
Al ser un relato no me esperaba gran cosa pero vamos, esto ha sido insoportable.
En primer lugar; puedo entender que no estés cómoda con la manera en la que estas llevado tu vida y decidas darle un giro, pero de ahí a pasar de ser una persona que asegura su futuro a tirarlo todo por la borda, hay un largo trecho.
Luego, te compro que él se sienta atraído por ella ya que le parece misteriosa, guapa y tal... pero que se vuelva loco en 2 días y la ame? Are you fucking kidding me, right? Además tod
Ann Keller
Jul 04, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Rebecca Malone led a dull, ordinary existence as a diligent accountant. She was always available to baby sit children when needed, to help a good cause or stay late to finish an important project. Still, where was all of this leading her? Nowhere!

On a whim, Rebecca quits her job, sells everything she has and flies to romantic Greece. There, she becomes a woman of mystery, impulsive adventures and exciting contradictions, the perfect magnet for any bored, well to do gentleman.

Stephen Nickodemus i
Kelsie
Jun 07, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was like Nora Roberts meets Fifty Shades of Grey. Only Fifty Shades was actually better! Rebecca was annoying but Stephen was seriously controlling and practically abusive! Readers get to hear his inner thoughts and twice he said he should "strangle her." Wait, we're supposed to LIKE this guy?! We're supposed to root for their relationship? Rebecca should have dropped him quickly, but instead, of course, she falls in love with him. Sadly, this only gets 1 star from me.
Tiffani
Jul 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very cute and quick read. She went straight to the story line and ran with it. I would have to say it was more of a short story then a novel.
Sandra
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quería una novela corta y fácil de leer para el fin de semana y las románticas siempre cumplen el cometido.
Elegí esta novela por su extensión. Es un relato que forma parte del libro "Tiempo de estrellas" publicado junto a Isabel Keats, Ana Casanovas y Erika Fiorucci, pero solo leí este porque es de Nora Roberts
Es una historia sin un gran plot (o casi ninguno) la trama es más bien sencillísima, un par de guapetones se encuentran y se atraen al minuto de conocerse, ella es contable que ha renuncia
The Book Worm
This is one of Nora Roberts' oldest and while I sometimes cringe at some of my favorite writers' early books, Impulse is not overall bad. And it's a novella, not a full sized book, so you can read it pretty quickly.
It's a bit outdated, but not in a way that stands out, and I like the way it alternates between Stephen and Rebecca's points of view. It is very much predictable, though, so if you go into it with high expectations you'll be disappointed.
Impulse can be a good distraction when you nee
Adric Rangel
***Valoración 1.5 a 2/5 estrellas***

Siendo honesta, lo leí porque me encanta el estilo y la narrativa de Nora Roberts, sin embargo, con este libro me paso todo lo contrario. Empezó interesante pero fue menguando mi interés. En parte amé su lectura y en otra la odié. No sentí que leía un libro de Nora Roberts.
Teresa Quiñonez
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
He leído libros con los cuales me identificaba, pero en este en particular me he sentido descrita. La historia me ha enamorado y conquistado, también me hizo recapacitar sobre muchos aspectos de la vida.
Sean Harding
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Dull romance that was apparently written by Nora Roberts - although she should have changed her name to Snora Roberts - as it could have put you to sleep! quite dull and not much to excite you - the brevity saved it from being cast across the room in scorn!
Jeni
Just ok, as light on plot. It's about a woman who suddenly makes an impulsive decision to change her life drastically which is so contrary to her nature. She travels & shortly thereafter meets, and falls in love with a handsome rich stranger. Not really a believable story, but good storytelling.
Deepika Kumaaraguru
Well I guess it's your regular love story of girl meets guy on holiday and they feel immediate sparks and fall in love. No drama, no tension. Just written with a very talented pen.
Bonnie
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
It was ok, short book, worth reading
Lotti
May 10, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gelezen-in-2018
Echt niet mijn genre.
Dian
Jan 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, chicklit
It was ok. Short story. Light reading.
Davinia Vicente
Nora tiene libros mejores, la verdad. No he conectado con los personajes, de hecho me sacaban de quicio. Es una historia de amor (poco creible) sin más, ni trama de misterio ni nada.
Jocelin Villarreal
A fun short read...
Megan
Sep 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super quick read. Great if you just need a little relaxing fluff read.
Maui Rochell
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Rebecca Malone, a dull and diligent accountant sold all her possessions and goes to London, Paris and Corfu Greece and then he met a rich man who changed her life.

A simple yet a fascinating story. Would you attempt to sell all your possessions just to freshen up and start all over again like Rebecca did? I bet you won't just do that but Rebecca did. Her decision did not make her regret because that was she wanted.

When she met this rich business man, Stephen Nickodemus, she felt that they knew
Elizabeth
Rebecca has always been the dependable one doing everything that people expect from her. So when she quits her accounting job, sells all her possessions, and embarks on a European vacation she feels like she's given herself a new chance. While in Greece she meets wealthy hotelier Stephen, but can it be more than a summer fling?

This was the first Robert's story where I really couldn't connect with the male character. He just didn't seem as real as the other characters, and I didn't like his jealo
Kat
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Julie Barrett
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Impulse
Stefan met her at the restaurant when he glanced over at her walking through the door. He immediately fell for her and she was so fresh and happy to be on vacation.
Rebecca had come from PA and had traveled to Greece and he was to be her personal guide after they chatted over a meal. Problem is she is falling in love with him.
Love the places this book takes you to and the detailed descriptions.
Normandy
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I love Nora Roberts but I had some issues with this book. There was something controlling about Stephen. It was aggressive enough that some of Rebecca's decisions did not seem like her own. He was physical with her at times and she resisted him but eventually gave in to the "passion." He seemed more like the older father figure with his cigar. It was not my cup of tea.
Marina
Jun 02, 2009 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Read this story in a 2 in 1 titled Something New: Impulse\Lessons Learned https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1... .Review will be on the Something New page. Thanks for viewing!
Selina --
Jul 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There was no complicated plot and dramatic events that occurred in the book however I thought this book was actually very cute, sweet, and simple. I love the small and short lesson this book taught and it made me want to think about my own life and re-adjust somethings.
Liz V.
Jul 01, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The death of Rebecca Malone's aunt leads Rebecca to the realization that she may die without every having lived. Selling everything, Rebecca goes to London, Paris, then Corfu Greece and falls in love with Stephen Nickodemus.
David Vanness
Had been years since I'd read a Harlequin Romance. It was short, sweet, an enjoyable story. Don't know which of the two Rebeccas I'd prefer as I could fall in love with either. I may have to add a few more of this genre to my 'To Read' list.
Emily-Jane Orford
Jun 19, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Disappointing. This is so formula writing: girl meets boy, rich boy, I might add; love, passion, etc. etc. They decide to marry. And that's it. Very shallow. Reviewed by Emily-Jane Hills Orford, award-winning author of "The Whistling Bishop" and "F-Stop: A Life in Pictures".
Stefanie
Groschenroman...
  • The Lady Gambles (Copeland Sisters, #1)
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Butterfly
  • Holiday Royale
  • Gambler's Woman
  • Still Lake
  • Public Affair, Secretly Expecting (Harlequin Presents #2906)
  • The Texas Ranger (Hutton & Co. #4; Long, Tall Texans #19)
  • Ranjeni orao
  • The Fiorenza Forced Marriage (Harlequin Presents #2807)
  • The Merciless Travis Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #3)
  • Bargain With The Devil
  • The Maverick
  • The Midnight Guardian (Millennial #1)
  • Highland Rogue, London Miss
  • A Time for Love (de Piaget, #1-2; de Piaget/MacLeod, #5 & 7)
  • Touch the Wind