Start by marking “Red Lights, Black Hearts” as Want to Read:
Red Lights, Black Hearts

Red Lights, Black Hearts

Darkness can be stained by light. Light can outshine the darkest of corners.

When Samantha hits rock bottom, she escapes her old life and buys a one-way ticket to Amsterdam. She begins anew, hidden among the shadows, only standing out when the spotlight hits her in her window in the Red Light District.

Samantha uses her body to forget her broken past and create a barrier bet
Kindle Edition
Published July 18th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Red Lights, Black Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Lights, Black Hearts

Start your review of Red Lights, Black Hearts
Veronica Thomas
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have never highlighted so many lines in my life!!! I LOVED this story. I found myself connecting in so many ways with Sam about just LIFE and things so many of us have gone through. This is so much more than the cover leads you to believe. A MUST read!! This was my first book by Fabiola but not my last. I will be following her on all outlets. Thank you Stephanie from Stephs Rom Book Talk(youtube) for doing a review on this, you always have the best content and recommends for us!!
Romance
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Prepare to be blown away. Max, where have you been all my life? Fabiola has delivered a must read for the summer. Your summer is not complete until you let this book take you to a place you never expected and a place you will relive for a very long time.

Sam is working in the red light district in Amesterdam, a place she never saw herself ending up. She goes through the motions of exsisting, she doesn't feel that is not part of the plan. She uses men and sex as a release that's what men are somet
Wendy
Sep 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
First off, I want to thank Fabiola for giving me this book. She did not ask for a review but I review everything I read.
Red lights black hearts is has an interesting premise but I couldn't really get into the story. The main character is broken and is hell bent on controlling her life with the very thing that was taken from her. While working in the infamous red light district, she meets a tenacious man. He is convinced that he can heal her and take her away from her current life.
This b
Jay
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Steph's Romance Book Talk
So full of emotion by the end of this book!! I stand by the words that I gave Fabiola Franciso a few days ago when she asked her readers for two words that describe this book: Heartfelt and beautiful! I am also adding raw, soul searching, and moving. This book is so much more than a romance!! I can't wait for Twisted in You even though Sam is a secondary character, I need to know more!! Please watch the video review to see more thoughts on this book.

Provided as an ARC for a voluntary and honest
Sole Dl
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Red Lights, Black Hearts – By Fabiola Francisco
I was given an ARC in exchange of an honest opinion; first I’d like Fabiola for giving me a chance to be part of the release and review team for such an amazing book. I’ve recently discovered Fabiola and her books, and so far, she hasn’t disappointed.
There are no words to express what this book meant to me. “Red Lights, Black Hears” completely owned me.
This book tells the story of Samantha, a woman that has become so dark in the inside, that’s no l
Mary Dean
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book! This story is such an inspiring experience. This is about Sam. She works in Red Light District in Amsterdam. She dances in the window and lures the men in. Once they are alone with her she is in control. And she gets strength from this. In her reality, in her past, she wasn't in control. Family lied to her. Family abandoned her. Someone that was supposed to love and protect her did the opposite and made love something distasteful to her. So she mistakes controlling men's pl ...more
Meagan
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Red Lights, Black Hearts was a dark, yet powerful story. I am all about the happy endings with marriages and babies etc. LOL This book was not that but I loved it all the more! This book really helped remind me that you don't need a man always. It was amazing to see a story that didn't have the typical happy ending but yet it did because Sam came out stronger then ever and truly healed from her demons. Max helped her see she was more then what she thought and deserved way more then what she had. ...more
Kat
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful words, poetic writing. This book is a testament of Sam’s(the main character) healing. She explored the depths of her suffering, and learned with the help of Max and his philosophical words how to love herself again. How to build herself again.

The book started off kinda steamy, but then it tapered off into therapeutic conversations between Sam and Max. At least that’s how I saw it. He was her main support system throughout the book. Sam didn’t want Max, she needed him. Overall, a neat
Jamie
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eye opening read.

Sam had so much weight and darkness on her shoulders. It weighed her down and made her a shell of the person she used to be.I loved how Max was able to slowly start to chisel away at some of Sam's demons. Max had so many ways of helping Sam find herself again. I was not anticipating the book to end the way it did. But this was your normal romance book either.
Eileen Robinson
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, 5-star-reads
As I started to read this book, I have to be honest, My first impressions of Samantha were that she was a bit of a heartless prostitute, and even though I enjoy dark reads etc, i wasn’t sure this would be a book for me. Well OMG was i wrong or what !!!!! If ever i was to be reminded not to judge a book by its cover, Samantha and Max just kicked my butt into place !!

Having survived a horrendous back ground, Samantha is now successfully working the Red Light District of Amsterdam. She keeps to her
Karen
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy wow! Red Lights, Black Hearts is one woman's journey into finding who she is.

Sam works in the Red Light District in Amsterdam. Max is a business man who changes her life. makes her feel things she hasn't felt in years. She tries to deny their connection, that she is the person Max thinks she is. But she soon finds a missing piece of herself, then another, until she is ready to forgive and to be loved.
Megan
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! The inspiration behind the authors real life vacation truly put a creative spin on such a beautifully written portrayal of needing to control your damaged past and how quickly we form connections with those we least likely expect. The poetic writing was a bit tiresome in the beginning however, it fit the story oh so perfectly.
Danette
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Five incredible stars! Ms. Francisco has outdone herself with this latest work. It is dark, raw and gritty, but also illuminating, hopeful and joyful.

When the book begins, we don't even know our heroine's name. We quickly learn, however, that she is a prostitute in Amsterdam's Red Light District. Some might think she's not all that likeable, with her obsessive need for control over everything. I liked this intriguing woman right away. We soon learn our heroine's name -- Sam.

Sam is a woman who
Victoria
Originally posted at

Red Lights, Black Hearts is a novel beyond this world!

The words that brings out the emotions of the characters’…

The sentences that tells the tragedy and stories of Samantha and those around her…

Fabiola Francisco is an author whose writing will pull you in so fast and deep…you would not be able to put down her novels once you started reading it!

In her latest novel, she has written more than just the sweetest romance between her characters, but also something so beautifully tr
Lauren
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is awesome! I absolutely loved this book and it has quickly become one of my top reads for 2016! I will honestly admit that I find it hard to get into books that involve prostitutes. I don’t have anything against these characters, nor do I judge them. I just find them hard to connect with. I don’t know why or how, but Sam wormed her way into my heart and I found an understanding of her and her life. For that reason and that reason alone,.. I applaud Fabiola Francisco. To be able to hav ...more
Lori R.
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book…wow. You will not get a light & fluffy love story. You will not get a typical romance all wrapped up in a pretty little bow. This one will reach deep inside you and grip your heart. Get ready for a bumpy ride.

Sam has moved to Amsterdam to run away from her past. There, she can be someone else – someone who is in control – walls are up, heart is cold & black as coal. She hides behind the glass in the red light district – luring men in, using them, then spitting them out. She uses indiff
Christy Pastore
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reads
Red Lights, Black Hearts is beautifully dark, but there is light and it's amazing! Fabiola Francisco brings a breath of fresh air with this one. This is without a doubt one of my top reads for 2016.

Favorite quote
"How long does happiness last?"
"However long we allow it to."

Let me just say for starters, I RARELY cry when reading books, but the last few chapters of Red Lights, Black Hearts had me shedding tears. Not an ugly cry, but rather tears of "Wow, that was so beautiful."

This book... novel
Teri
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
She hides behind the glass, providing what is asked and taking at the same time. She doesn't look too close because she doesn't want them to see, until Max. He wants to see what she doesn't want to share. He can reach into that place she has hidden. He is philosopher and counselor as he draws her out. She doesn't want to feel but she can't resist. He is the sun to her moon.

This isn't a love story. It isn't pretty. It is reflective. It is hard. It is sweet. It is sexy. Samantha has hidden for ye
Alicia
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Yet another deep thought-provoking novel by Fabiola Francisco. Each and every book by her has me stepping into territory that I normally don't venture into. She touches on themes and topics that are slightly taboo, at least to me.

Sam is a complex character. She wants to just live her life the way she's been living it the last few years in Amsterdam. That is until Max finds her in her red light district window.

Fabiola's prose in this book is very different than her other books. It is not a book
Louise White
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book totally took me by surprise, after reading the synopsis I assumed this might have been an erotic romance. Knowing the book was about a prostitute dancing in a window in Amsterdam's red light district, I was completely proven wrong.

What we have here is a deep and philosophical story about a woman rediscovering herself. She had buried her past so deep and hid behind her window. It isn't until she meets the mysterious Max that she starts to question the path she has taken.

I found the fi
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

✿ ✿ ✿ ARC Giveaway! ✿ ✿ ✿
Part of the Shh… Summer Buzz Book Event 2016!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Book ARC Giveaway: https://goo.gl/uqgC3u
Win ARCs for all the Buzz Books featured!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Books: https://goo.gl/4p43qo
Jun-Sep book, release & ARC info!!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Book Calendar: https://goo.gl/78NlrK
All Buzz Books organized by week of release!
❀ Join Shh…: http://goo.gl/OmQUZv
Join for direct links to work. GR redirects all non-members to group home.
❀ RSVP: https://goo.gl/bvZGC3
❀ Author sign-
Fabiola Francisco
Sep 12, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
I have been so excited to share this new cover with you!

"We sit outside and watch the sun set and moon rise. She's only half full tonight. A piece of her is hiding. I'm convinced that the nights she hides a piece of her it is because the sun is caressing her depth."

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2MkPgx7
iBooks: https://apple.co/2MAtFAh
Kobo: https://bit.ly/2nNO1rB
B&N: https://bit.ly/2MlRmNw

The Book Lover
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book just blew me away.. it was so dark, but at the same time there was so much light.. of course it helped that it was beautifully written.. the heroine didn't have a great start in life, but despise being so full of demons and not being able to find the light shinning through, the hero gives her back the light she was missing in the most unexpected way.. I loved this book from cover to cover and I can't wait what comes next from this author..
Shannon
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
These are my Happily Ever After Novel Thoughts...

Sam is such a broken soul it was hard for me to connect, but this was still a beautiful story.

A story of self discovery with a sideline of romance, Sam learns all things happen for a reason, whether good or bad. Our souls search out their mates and there are more than one mate for each soul. Each mate is something different for that time of life.

I liked this story and Samantha's road to self discovery and her Happily Ever After.
Iluvbooks44
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love fabiola's books, she is one of my favourite authors.

I love this book, it's a very heavy book, it's a very heavy book and very thought provoking.

It's not a book I would normally read but thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved the ending.
Nancy Metsch
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
BOOM!!!!
So unlike anything Fabiola has written before, I was blown away.
Michelle
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this book!!!!

Fabiola really pulls you in the story right off! Such raw emotions! One of the best books I've read this year.
Sep 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
I struggled hard with this book. The story was fine, but by the time it got going I was so over the excessive philosophizing and circular reasoning the character kept using I couldn’t even enjoy it. I felt like Fabiola Francisco was trying to write profound, thought-provoking sentiments, but they came off forced and awkward. Many of the more elaborate sections of the book were quite non-sensical when you slowed down and looked beyond the pretty words to the core of what was being said.

I wanted t
Amanda
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a winding tale weaved... Intense.

Having just finished this, I’m still absorbing the tale that was shared within these pages. Intense. Eye-opening. Introspective. The inside look of a victim and her journey back to the life she was meant to live, taking back her power, becoming the strong woman she is. While I desperately wanted more with Max, I know that that wouldn’t work into the destined path for Sam.

Fabiola has such a wide variety of stories, and each one will affect you in an elementa

• Love Notes (Rocked by Love, #1)
  • The Inheritance
  • Liebeschaos - Mitbewohner gratis abzugeben
  • Loving Dallas (Neon Dreams, #2)
  • So Much More (Chrome #1)
  • Missing Dixie (Neon Dreams, #3)
  • Wishbone
  • Manservant (Man Cave, #1)
  • The Calum (The Calum, #1)
  • Crushed (Vegas Crush #1)
  • The Warm Up
  • Mixed Up Love
  • Kiss Me Again (Holiday Hearts Book 1)
  • The Necklace
  • Reasonable Doubt: Volume 1 (Reasonable Doubt, #1)
  • Doc (Bodhi Beach, #2)
  • Fox (Bodhi Beach, #1)
  • The Tenth Girl
I am an indie author who writes contemporary romance and women's fiction. You'll often find southern gentleman in my books and a love for country music. Coffee fiend and star gazer.

Website | Facebook | Instagram| Reader Group