Start by marking “Rogue Huntress (Rogue Huntress Chronicles #1)” as Want to Read:
Rogue Huntress (Rogue Huntress Chronicles #1)

Rogue Huntress

(Rogue Huntress Chronicles #1)

What kind of assassin gets her alpha murdered.

The kind that is attracted to a human man apparently, and because of it, Shana is now at the mercy of her foster brother's lust for power as he uses mercenaries to take over the pack.

Now Shana must submit to him as bondmate or lose all she holds dear.

Trouble is, she's just not the submissive type.
___________________________
Published July 6th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Rogue Huntress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rogue Huntress

Start your review of Rogue Huntress (Rogue Huntress Chronicles #1)
Fiona Leung
Jun 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Rogue Huntress by Thea Atkinson is told entirely from Shana's POV. Shana is the assassin from the Beo pack and is the daughter of one of the longest ruling Alpha of the pack. However the Alpha was murdered in a bloody coup and now Caleb, the wolf who led the coup, wanted to bond with her. Caleb wanted Shana to lead the pack alongside him.

Shana's grown up with Caleb, they've trained together, even kissed before when they were younger. She wants to hate him, should hate him, but the wolf in her ha
Shayay
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I loved this! The premise doesn't really describe what is actually happening in this book, so I was surprised with how dark this story really is. Shana is being held captive after her pack has been overtaken by a guy who has been close to her family ever since they were children. This guy is trying to force Shana to become his mate, so the rest of the pack will fall in line with his take over. The opening scene of this book was definitely interesting, Shana has hung herself in a ploy to show she
Meri Benson
Dec 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
The book starts of right in the thick of everything. We don't start before Shana's capture to get to know any of the characters, but with Shana already captured, trapped in the manor she called home. Caleb, her foster-brother turned captor wants her to submit to him and be his mate, but naturally Shana doesn't want to mate to the man who had killed her father and put her essentially in a cage, even if her wolf thinks the idea of mating to such a powerful wolf isn't a terrible idea.

A lot of the
Jessica Mitchell
Dec 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great story line and a great mix of charaters. Some of the characters I could've done without, but that wouldn't have make the story like it is. Though there are some triggers in this book. Abuse and rape. (Even if she said she do it- after she was beaten and exhausted, she still didn't want to do too). So word of warning to those that hate that type of thing. This book does end on a good note though, with another book following it.
Shana and hee brother's are the last of the previous alpha lin
Kee
Dec 29, 2020 rated it liked it
This was an okay read. The story is told from Shana's pov. Shana's father, the alpha of Beo wolf pack, and several of his most loyal pack members have been killed by Caleb. Caleb was taken in by the alpha when he was young and alone. So, of course, Shana is ticked off. But worse, he's holding her brothers hostage until he gets what he wants from her...her submission. The story left me with a few questions about imprinting and mating. It also left me disturbed by the actions of Shana's mother and ...more
Jennifer Lil'n  Dunski
Dec 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
**Trigger Warning**

The start of this book was different and anyone sensitive to attempted suicide be warned.
I really enjoyed this book. The MC's were different especially our female lead, Shana. A great written storyline and plot. I got lost in this story and in a good way. Definitely looking forward to reading the next book!

Karen
Jan 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is a very good start to a new series. This book has action, adventure, betrayal, twists, violence, malevolent characters, and a kick-ass heroine. Our heroine is an assassin for the Beo Pack, betrayed by her brother, and tortured to force her to submit and cement his place as Alpha. She does not give up. I liked this entertaining read and am awaiting the next book in the series.

Nicola
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable and pacey storyline. 4 stars.

NB: Proof reading needed. Main character's name is spelt differently every few pages and the name of the MC's father changes between this book and the previous one. I'm not anal abut this kind of stuff but there are just too many of these basic issues here.
Barbara Strickland
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyable

Plenty of action, hot romance and a strong female lead along with fast paced writing, what more can we expect from a good author and an alpha female other than to enjoy the ride.
Carrington
Jan 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Prepare to be thrown into the world of shifters where betrayal and powerplays are the current political standing. Shana has to make her way through this and try and get her two little brother safe at the same time. Jeb is a human wading in their world, but is he there to help or hinder Shana?
Hmr28
Mar 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF
Debra Martin
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Rogue Huntress" is another dark, gritty and action-packed story from Ms. Atkinson. Shana, a she-wolf and assassin, for the Beo pack has been betrayed when her half-brother Caleb executes a coup, killing the alpha and Shana's father, along with any other wolves that oppose him. But, he needs Shana to submit to him as alpha and she refuses. Throw in Jeb, a sexy human torturer/hunter, that pumps Shana full of silver so she can't escape and you've got one intense and heart-pounding story! There's l ...more
Diana Page
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Holy Smokes !! This story is an action packed runaway train that starts off fast and never slips down !! Not even for the topsy-turvy hairpin curves !! Shana is the daughter/assassin of the Beo pack, she's been deceived by her step brother Caleb, who killed her father and took her younger brothers prisoner while she was gone on assignment. Caleb has a major problem though, the pack won't accept him as Alpha without Shana's giving into him , bowing down to him and bonding in the way of werewolves ...more
Beverly Laude
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
How can a kickass she-wolf fall for a man who was involved in the killing of her father? How can she fight her inner wolf against the primal urges of a blood-bond with the man who killed her father? Shanna is a very complex character & I love her! Jeb is a mercenary who will do anything for money....or is he? This book really makes you feel like you are there with all the action and complexity. I love Thea's writing style & her stories just keep drawing me into them! I am so happy that some auth ...more
T.
Aug 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-beta-prize
I received Rogue Huntress as a review copy from the author/publisher. The gifting did not determine the review/rating, which reflects my honest opinion. After a confusing opening chapter (I wasn't sure what was going on at times), I really enjoyed the remainder of the story. Good plot and match-up between the two main characters, Shana and Jeb. I will say, Shana didn't seem to be much of an assassin-type, instead I found her too vulnerable and slow to react, considering her chosen profession and ...more
Dora
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shana, lead assassin for Beo pack, had had everything and now all that remains was death. Caleb had stripped her of her future and she had to fight against his domination, his betrayal and abuse of power. Alone in the battle or would she had an ally? Exciting story where Shana, she-wolf, was fighting all the time in a show of strength and power and desperation. There was detailed descriptions of strong emotions, betrayal, suspense, explicit violence, sex and ruthless characters in this story tha ...more
Linda Levine
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shana is in a difficult situation. Her father is dead and the shifter responsible wants her to submit to him. Add a human to the mix that seems to take orders from him and she really doesn't know where to turn.

I really enjoyed the story. The story is told from Shana's POV. She is a strong woman who is fighting her feelings for these men as she tries to make the right choices. It keeps you guessing as there are plenty of twists to the story. It is a great read.

I received a copy in return for a h
Kerry
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A coup. One that no one saw coming, especially her. Laying and waiting before he pulled it off. Yet he thinks he can keep her pack down. She just not going to go down that easy and she'll do anything to make sure he gets knocked down. Meeting an ally on the way has help but she may have lost the one thing she wanted to fight for...family.
Action packed, exciting, kept me riveted to the pages. Really enjoyed and loved. Can't wait to read more by this author. Free advanced copy for honest review.
Shannon
Jan 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
Terrible, she was raped

This was awful! She was raped (regardless that her wolf part kind of wanted to, it was still rape) by the man (Caleb) who slaughtered her family, but he somehow tricked her into Time to eat with him so the wolf part of her couldn't kill him, even though the human part of her hated him and loved a human man (Jeb). It ended okay, and I couldn't put down the book during the beginning, but the part of her bonding with her enemy completely ruined it for me.
Montzalee Wittmann
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rogue Huntress (Rogue Huntress Chronicles #1) by Thea Atkinson is about a tough, no-nonsense werewolf. I love the fact she didn't give in and she is one tough chick, or wolf... The plot is awesome with so many twists and surprises and fun characters, (and those not so fun but interesting). Well developed characters with great action scenes and dialogue. Wonderful story that kept me glued. Can't wait to read the next one! ...more
Jared G Block
Apr 19, 2017
Lorraine
Sep 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Lost and the Chosen (The Lost Sentinel, #1)
  • Hinder (Guardian of Monsters, #1)
  • The Scandal: A BBW Alpha Male BWWM Romance
  • Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)
  • Easterly
  • Salvation (Blaire Thorne #4)
  • The Arrangement: A BWWM Alpha Male Romance (Privilege & Prestige)
  • Circus of the Dead, Book One
  • The Cursed Key (The Cursed Key Trilogy, #1)
  • Mistress of Misfortune: A Gothic Romance (Dredthorne Hall, #1)
  • The Hunted Soul (The Cursed Key Trilogy, #2)
  • A Lover for Lydia (The Wednesday Club, #4)
  • Son of Krampus (Holidays of Love, #4)
  • Captive of the Alpha (Knotted Omega #4)
  • Murder, Sonoran Style: An Adventure Calls Mystery
  • Magic Sight (Supernatural Bounty Hunter #2)
  • Wylder and the Secret Rockstar
  • The Jack-O-Lantern People: A Jena Halpern Thriller (The Jena Halpern Mysteries Book 3)

Thea is a New York Times and USA Today bestseller who writes what she calls left-of-mainstream fiction. No matter what the theme, it's often dark, gritty, edgy, and doesn't fit into any one recognizable genre.

She has been an editor, a freelancer, and a teacher, but fiction is her passion. She now blogs and writes and twitters. Not necessarily in that order.

Join her tribe for info, goodies, and mo

Rogue Huntress Chronicles (2 books)
  • Rogue Breed (Rogue Huntress Chronicles #2)